Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,301 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

To Nigerians And Any One Around The World Who Knows What I Am Talking About ... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / To Nigerians And Any One Around The World Who Knows What I Am Talking About ... (1202 Views)

Nigerians And Fake Foreign Accents / Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East / What Is The Nwa Baby Ashawo Song By Flavour N'abania Talking About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Nigerians And Any One Around The World Who Knows What I Am Talking About ... by Prospilo(m): 7:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
I grew up in the Southern part of Nigeria (Warri) and there is this domestic tree which provides shelter and produce fruit localy called 'Ebelebor' it has a fleshy part and a hard nut like wood inside. If u crack the nut open there is a seed like groundnut inside. Over the years I have been wondering if this fruit is known worldwide and what is its botanical name. Looking forward to our anticipated answers.
Re: To Nigerians And Any One Around The World Who Knows What I Am Talking About ... by ifyalways(f): 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2012
I asked same question @ Odumchi's "fruit thread" but got no answer. In my own case, I need both Igbo and botanical name. We call it just "fruit" as kids.

To be sure we are on same page, OP,the fruit I'm talking about is green when unripe, red or yellow when ripe. Same for yours?
Re: To Nigerians And Any One Around The World Who Knows What I Am Talking About ... by Prospilo(m): 10:55am On Aug 25, 2012
You are the right track. This tree is so common yet no one cares to find out what its botanical name is. I did some research and find something similar but dont know if its actualy the fruit I am talking about ...pls check it out @ http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almond and tell me what u think of it @ifyalways

(1) (Reply)

Happy Friendship Day Sms, Text Messages To Girlfriend / The Growing Isiokpo New Yam Festival / Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.