Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol (11368 Views)

FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks / Oyo-2015: Ladoja And Akala Teamed-Up To Takeover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Euroclydon(m): 7:15am On Aug 23, 2012
Worried by continued killings and bomb attacks by terrorists and gunmen that has continued to make tackling security challenges cumbersome in the country, and following confirmed intelligence that many of the gunmen are recruited from neighbouring countries, the federal government has directed the Nigerian Airforce to immediately take over the Air Border Patrols of the nation’s borders.

Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Mohammed Dikko Umar who made the disclosure at the opening ofa two-day retreat for Commanders and Directors of NAF Formations in Abuja, noted that government was not satisfied with the performance of the former agency formerly vexed with the responsibility, after assessment hence it directed the NAF to assume the responsibility.

It would be recalled that the task of patrolling the nation’s vast territorial borders were given to the Nigeria Customs Service but with the challenges of the terrorist and Boko Haram sect whose members have been found to include mercenaries from neighbouring West African countries that sneak through the borders, government is keen to checkmate the influx.

Expatiating on the directive, Air Marshal Umar said, “We are absolutely ready to carry out any task the nation wants us to do. All we require is the directive and the assets to perform our functions. Government has assessed the efficiency of the agency handling it. But it found out that another agency will be more suited. It has found the NAF more suitable for the job and has assigned us the additional responsibility”.

“Though government has not transferred the assets of the Air Border Patrol to us, we are nonetheless gearing up with our platforms and going ahead to prepare for the tasks until the assets get to us”, he said.
On the operational readiness of the NAF, Air Marshal Umar said, “The NAF operational bases are active with over 65% of our aircraft fleets flying” noting that “with 14 aircraft types currently in operation, the duties of the Airforce including involvement in internal security operations across the country has necessitated thorough planning and coordination of operational and logistics activities in order to execute assigned tasks in the most cost effectivemanner”.

“The essence of this retreat is geared towards sensitizing you all on the need to live up to your responsibilities. It is even more expedient given the current security challenges confronting us as a nation, which leaves little or no room for error”, he told the Commanders.

Earlier, Chief of Training and Operations, Air Vice Marshal Ishiaku Umar disclosed that the retreat is timely considering that with the security problems facing the country, it can no longer be business as usual for commanders and directors who are the bridge between the men on the field and the top echelon of the force.

He noted that feedbacks from the field had revealed that some commanders have failed in one way or the other in their responsibilities especially as it concerned issues of instructor pilots and training which may have led to one or two air mishaps, failure to exercise disciplinary powers, ignorance of procedure, poor crew selection and omissions.

“There are also instances of failure to follow dueelimination process, flagrant disregard for authority or neglect and inappropriate response to HQ NAF directives as well as delay in logistics procurement and distribution” which should not be the case, he said

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/terrorists-fg-orders-airforce-to-take-over-air-border-patrol/
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Vegetablesoup: 9:17am On Aug 23, 2012
so they have not been flied before to patrolled the borders? what sort of this?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Stallion77(f): 10:07am On Aug 23, 2012
Vegetable soup: so they have not been flied before to patrolled the borders? what sort of this?

Lord have mercy!

5 Likes

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Euroclydon(m): 10:23am On Aug 23, 2012
I honestly thought they were doing that before....mstcheeew!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by usmanyaro17: 10:27am On Aug 23, 2012
This is good move,we just pray they will quash those BOKO boys who have refuse to allow innocent people rest...

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Euroclydon(m): 10:28am On Aug 23, 2012
Vegetable soup: so they have not been flied before to patrolled the borders? what sort of this?

hey dont come and spoil my thread with your drunk english o!

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 23, 2012
Good move, though a belated one. Looking forward to the day when our institutions will be strong enough to take proactive action without waiting for "government directives".
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by bamuhanya: 11:26am On Aug 23, 2012
Euroclydon:

LWKMD
Guy no fit laugh.Na vex cause am abeg leave am!!
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by KingSolomonI: 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
why will they tell us everything they plan to do? why? Shoot,dont talk!

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Chimezie198(m): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
FALLS FROM PALM TREE

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by jmaine: 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2012

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Who put strong leaf = Igbo/Hemp for that vegetable soup give you chop undecided

Your post has[b] died [/b] me . .

sorry i wanted to say your post fit death person .

Oops ! i meant to say your post is dying me with hahahahahahah grin . .

14 Likes

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by gator666: 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
What jets are they planning to use for this purpose? How many OPERATIONAL fighter jets/interceptors do they have at hand?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
Isn't that their job in the first place?

Does anybody have to remind you of what you were paid for?

FG collective of M-o-r-o-n-s.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by lightheart(m): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
Also go ahead n tell us who will fly d aircrafts and what time they would be flown. Msscheewwww

If u must shoot, shoot! Don't talk.

Oga'm, na Nwanyi Onitsha vegetable soup dey cause dis kain katakata grammar?? Abeg na
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2012
Euroclydon:

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
Nice move by the government
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Kolade9(m): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ogbeni,dnt spoil ma eyes for me o....
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
Gbagaun Lmao bros NFA go sight u becos ur english is way off d boarders grin
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by BlackMamba2: 1:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
gator_666: What jets are they planning to use for this purpose? How many OPERATIONAL fighter jets/interceptors do they have at hand?

hey Mr,why do you want to know all these details? huh? which one u dey? U be BH member?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by MMM2(m): 1:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
Good moves
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by maigaskiya1: 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
Go go go go go fly boys bomb d hell out of d sadist nd reliev d infantry.remba colateral damage is welcmd
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
chai.. dem don fly vegetable soup put for front page... oya nlanders come chop..
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by maigaskiya1: 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2012
Euroclydon: I honestly thought they were doing that before....mstcheeew!
y dm go patrol desert b4 oye no dy dia na.abi no be una tok say hausas na beta pepl wetn dm wan police tribe fild wit clergy nd holy pepl 4.rubish
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by brownlord: 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2012
Euroclydon:

Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Mohammed Dikko Umar who made the disclosure at the opening ofa two-day retreat for Commanders and Directors of NAF Formations in Abuja, noted that government was not satisfied with the performance of the former agency formerly vexed with the responsibility, after assessment hence it directed the NAF to assume the responsibility.
/

I don't get this, is this. Sought of contract or what, where the customs on contract to guard the borders and the govt. not satisfied with the lvl of performance thereb awarding the contract to another group, what kind of problem are we in Nigeria, so what has the NAF been doing, are the customs going to be called off from duty and replace with air force, are our security agencies suppose to be a competitors or work to compliment each other?, just like police and prison mgt. are having issues right now over the jail break in Benin,No hope for this nation
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by tellwsdom: 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
Na witch wan fly am before?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by DANILSA(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
Euroclydon:

laughing and rolling on the floorgrin, na NL english be that, manage am abeg.grin
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by gator666: 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
Black Mamba:
hey Mr,why do you want to know all these details? huh? which one u dey? U be BH member?

LOL, chill out. I don't want to know, I do know instead. THe point is, there is no operational interceptors here. Nigeria has 910,768 sq km territory, 13,000 sq km territorial waters, and 4047 km of borders. For the country of this size, you need at least 4 to 6 pairs of aircrafts in the air at any given moment, plus at least 3 times that number on stand-by and under maintenance... Nigeria has many transport planes (C5 or C130), but I highly doubt it has any fighter jet that is fully operational and has enough supplies (spare parts, ammo etc).
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by ebamma(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
guy are u related to patience jonathan or victor ikpeba?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by cheddarking(m): 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
How do they intend to spot the Boko Boys from that high up? undecided
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by cheddarking(m): 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
mai gaskiya: y dm go patrol desert b4 oye no dy dia na.abi no be una tok say hausas na beta pepl wetn dm wan police tribe fild wit clergy nd holy pepl 4.rubish

You are truly repping your dull Hausa brothers.
Keep it up!
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by dedeike: 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
Especially in the north. The aerial surveillance of our borders with chad and Niger should be strengthened.
The president is really firing on all cylinders.
Re: FG Orders Air-Force To Takeover Air-Patrol by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
You gotta love the FG, every once in a while they Update you with their latest solution. angry undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: I Pray For Buhari Twice A Day… The Lord Is My Witness / Osinbajo Orders Security Reinforcements After Communal Violence In Cross River / PDP Condemns Detention Of Social Media Critic Shola Over Criticism Of Kwara Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.