Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:16 AM

Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow (3613 Views)

"Ebola" Nollywood Movie Is Out / Genny`s First Comeback Flick Is Wow: / 'African Queen' Song In Hollywood Movie 'Phat Girlz' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by Love44(f): 5:57am On Apr 10, 2006
I went with my friend and watch this movie and it was very good. I did not expects this movie to be good like this and i got it very wrong. I think you people should go and watch this movie because it is too much for me to give you guys the details. I love love love love love love love love love love it.

'African Queen' Song In Hollywood Movie 'Phat Girlz' <<inserted by mod>>
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by omoayeni: 7:56am On Apr 10, 2006
Hi,I equally watched the movie today with my wife and I was like wow 'this is what is called movie' and again I'm  not only proud to be a nigerian but also much more proud to be a yoruba can u imagine speaking yoruba language in the prestigious hollywood, what about the rich Isoko culture displayed I think that was just too amusing and awesome.Thumb up to Tu face and other local talents whose songs featured in the movie but I doubt if Tu face and co have seen the movie by now to see the kind of powerful and positive impact their songs have on Mo nique well celebrated movie.I recommend the movie for all naija to feel what I'm feeling at the moment,after all who says Nigeria is not the best country in africa even in the wait did I hear somebody say in the whole world?
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by lauryn(f): 8:06am On Apr 10, 2006
I've seen it as well. this movie is hilarious.
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by rikkyjen(m): 2:34pm On Apr 10, 2006
Cool movie!!
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by Hotstepper(f): 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2006
I am going on wed. to see it ohhh for sure, I couldn't go that day it came out cuz I had an exam that day, I also didn't go with friends on sunday cuz i was studying as I have exam tomorrow(tuesday) and on wed. I am going ooooooooooooooooo, for sho tongue can't wait to tell you guys what i think and hmmm does anyone know if the move is number 1 in da chat now? tongue
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by Dauda(m): 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2006
The movie is ok. Not great. It stereotypes Nigerian men as loving only heavyset women. Thick madams, they were called in the movie. It is a bit funny and I would have waited for the DVD.

1 Like

Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by wenasah(f): 6:55pm On Apr 10, 2006
I totally agree would @dauda, it was okay not the best but either way am happy naija is representing,
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by hotangel2(f): 10:27pm On Apr 10, 2006
Im gonna see it in abt 4-5 hours time. lol, i can't wait to see it, whoaaa!
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by Love44(f): 11:30pm On Apr 10, 2006
You need to go and see this movie because it is excellent. When this movie comes out on DvD i will buy it. This movie will not only make you to be proud to be Nigerian , but also proud to be African. Because of this movie alots of people want to travel to Nigeria by all means. I hope Nigerian are ready for this people.
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by buckeye(m): 4:27pm On Apr 12, 2006
Love44:

Because of this movie alots of people want to travel to Nigeria by all means. I hope Nigerian are ready for this people.

u mean dem "thick Madams?" cheesy
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by Dauda(m): 3:04am On Apr 13, 2006
buckeye:

u mean them "thick Madams?" cheesy

You are absolutely right Buckeye. All the thick madams of Yankee are dreaming of hooking up with Naija studs that only appreciate thick madams.
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by poison: 9:01am On Apr 15, 2006
i'm not spending money to go see it because i know it ain't all that, i'm gettin the bootlegged copy

Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by SvS(f): 7:31pm On Apr 17, 2006
i dont live in america so wen is it coming to the rest of the world or in europe
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by hotangel2(f): 4:25am On Apr 18, 2006
I love that movie, i saw it wit my bf, boy we were like the proudest nigerians ever. screaming n laughing loud, oh boy it was a good movie.

"Ewo bo shey dabi igi isana" "thick madam"
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by eveseh(f): 7:09pm On Apr 30, 2006
i love that movie
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by bedone(m): 10:53pm On May 10, 2006
What do you think on the movie PHAT GIRLZ by mo'nique grin grin grin grin
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by SvS(f): 12:03am On May 11, 2006
weve had this topic loads of times already on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by ababoy1(m): 6:54am On May 11, 2006
What the critics say:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808744403/critic

US Box Office
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/

I think the film was OK,
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by Seun(m): 3:47pm On Jun 05, 2006
I just watched 2/3rd of it!
- "Igi Ita Gbigbe" -> Igi gbigbe means dried stick referring to Monique's slim 'cousin'.
- "where is your meat" "eat, sister, eat!" grin
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by hotangel2(f): 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2006
Seun ohh now u can share part of the fun. That's a good movie. But omg, those guys were speaking nonsense yoruba oo. for real.

Ewo bo she dabi igi ishana!! cheesy
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by Amobi1(m): 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2006
Please Guyz what do you think about Phat girls.
As for me, i think "

Easily the worst movie i've seen in the last year.
Mo'Nique is fat. Almost every scene in Phat Girls is about how she's fat. How fat is she? Her character Jazmin is so fat that when she gets dressed on screen, the soundtrack plays "Brick House". She's so fat she eats at Fatassburger. She's so fat that when she meets a hot rich doctor he has to be from a foreign country(Nigeria), because apparently only Arican guys love large women, or so the the movie would make you believe. Jazmin's so fat that the movie reduces her to a single discernible characteristic, which is the mark of an awful movie.

I'm not saying there aren't issues our society needs to confront when it comes to women and body image. What i'm saying is this movie has nothing to do with the issue. It pretends to be about not being shallow and getting to the point where a large woman feels "fat-tabulous", but it's as sad and phony as all those skinny bitches Jazmin belittles and envies. The whole think reeks of hypocrisy. It OK to be a fat girl, but if you want to be a guy you better be a model and have a six pack.

Avoid this movie at all costs, unless you like fat jokes or just hate healthy people. If either of those are you then this movie is for you.

I hope everyone no matter what their size is happy with who they are. However I wish people would stop trying to tell me it's OK to be fat, that their is a healthy way to be fat. If that's true than I guess all doctors are wrong and there's no such thing as diabetes and heart disease. Put the burger and chips down and go for a walk.
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by SvS(f): 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2006
is this a film review or a joke
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by hotangel2(f): 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2006
I told all her my friends that NIGERIAN MEN DON'T like that movie oo. Cos it's passing wrong messages to the skinny girls they really wanna date.

Of course everyman wants a woman with meat and nice asset. But Monique's sister in that movie describes wat most men in this our society will go for.

I couldn't laugh cos i had laughed so hard, when the 'nigerian guys' in that movie called her 'a match stick'. lol, Or a 'toothpick'.

Anyways sha, I think that movie is just for the FUN of it. Monique (jazmin) was just doing wat she does best. PUT skinny bitches (women) down.

She wants these 'skinny bitches' to respect her for being FAT, but she doesn't like them for being skinny. Monique has a problem with skinny girls (ain't it obvious?), but she claims she's only trying to put a smile on FAt girls who are being ridiculed by skinny girls.

NOW, don't get me wrong, i like that monique tries to accept being FAt and whatnot (even with her Monique's FAT chance show), But she does it all wrong when she blames the skinny sistas for her problem.
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by diddy4(m): 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2006
i lik em anyway they are as far as im attracted to you. but i dont want fatty bum bum. anyway, i cant even get attracted to that.
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by hotangel2(f): 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2006
Diddy, why contradict urself? grin grin

How can u like them anyway they are if u don't want fatty bumbum? If u like them anyway they are, then u like them anyways they are.Including the fat.
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by diddy4(m): 10:33pm On Jul 05, 2006
i didnt say i like them any size they are. i said anyway but not any size, wait a minute, what im i saying sef?

you right hottie, i dey confused. but im ok with size as far as u aint pounding me. but if its a girl i wann@ date, abeg i no want fatty before she breaks my waist. i will go for average or slim but not lekpa. grin grin grin
Re: Phat Girlz Movie Is Wow And More Wow by Oracle(m): 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2006
im kinda left out here
i've not watched the movie

(1) (Reply)

Write A Line In A Movie And See Who Will Guess It / Top Most Watched TV Series From Toxicwap.com / Interesting New Or Upcoming Movies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.