Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,039 members, 7,807,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell (3577 Views)

Pastor Abraham Yakubu's Testimony Of Heaven And Hell In English / A Vision Of Heaven And Hell / Testimonies: Face To Face Encounter With Jesus Christ And The Revelations Of Heaven And Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 23, 2012
Find time to read this. And if you'r too busy, you can skip to the last 2 paragraphs bolded. But you'll understand better if you read all of it. Its not much.

People wonder why God is so silent nowadays. People wonder if there is even a God at all. This is what I think:
The Lord created the earth, created it in perfection. The earth was made for man to live in and enjoy. So man was made, and the animals too, and they existed in harmony. Man was given the gift of choice: to make his decisions and choose his path, so he wouldn't just be a puppet. Man and God existed as best friends... till man sinned. Man made the wrong choices and perfection was chased of the earth. God tried to restore the earth back to perfection, so the punishment for sin was death then.
The Lord tried to discipline and correct man every time he sinned. With the hope that man would learn someday, and return back to perfection. The Lord was quick to judge, praise, bless, punish, or kill men, depending on the choices he made and the extent of his sins.
But man kept making the wrong choices. No matter how God corrected, punished, forgave or even killed men, they still went back and did worse things.
So instead of punishing and killing those who loved to do evil, He sent His son to be a mediator between God and man. With the son as mediator, man's sins were easily forgiven, even without the usual punishment. All he had to do was pray through the son, and the Father would be merciful. With the son as our defender, all man had to do was live a good life, and believe that this son was truly the son of God, and after death that man would return back to that perfection with God as it existed in the beginning.
Even with the conditions made so easy, man still continued in sin.
So God slowly withdrew from communicating with man. He watched from afar and helped only those who called on him. He let man live anyhow he wanted, man is now free to do anything he wants. He didn't punish anymore, but he blessed those who found favor in His sight. Man kept on sinning, and with the little knowledge they had, they kept on destroying the once perfect world that God created and loved.
God only watched from afar.
He's not quick to judge anymore, he's not quick to punish anymore. The wicked even gets away with their evil.
But the judgment for every man will surely come at the end of his life. He will account for everything he did on earth, and then he shall be judged accordingly. And the long over-due punishment shall be served to him. And those who did good, their long awaited blessings shall be multiplied, as they live in that perfection with God.
And a new earth would be created once again.

[b] Food for thought:

What if this cycle explained above has happened before? Maybe several times before. Ofcuz not exactly the same, but with the same ending (judgment). And the earth once existed on a different planet, maybe a different universe entirely because the universe is infinite. And like the ending above, that earth was destroyed, and a new one created (which is our current earth).
And angels are people from the previous earth that did good and passed God's judgment. And demons are those that did bad and are punished in hell. Have you ever taught of where angels and demons came from? Because the bible has no record of their creation, and they existed before this earth was created.
And now the cycle is happening again. And this earth would be destroyed, as scientists have already proven, but ofcuz the judgment takes place before then.
But heaven and hell exist eternally because they are in the spirit realm and cannot be seen by humans, nor destroyed ever. And heaven is the home of God and angels, while hell is the home of the devil and demons. Have you ever wondered what all that space all around the earth is for? Because earth is just a tiny spec compared to the entire universe which is infinite.

But the question now is, when you die on earth, would you pass the judgment and become an angel? Or will you fail and serve your punishment in hell where u'll eventually become a demon in the next world, and the next, and the next, for eternity. And demons are constantly tormented in hell, that's why they begged Jesus not to send them back. [/b]
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Areaboy2(m): 10:30am On Aug 23, 2012
Well, first of all the so called multiverse is simply an idea and there is no evidence to confirm that. It originates from the logic of earth -> solar system -> galaxy -> universe -> multiverse? Sounds nice to think about and postulate different possibilities but we can only see 13.7 billion light years in all direction before we hit the opaque extremely hot plasma like region (which is actually remnants of the bang itself).

Now, look at it from another angle. What if we are here by chance and there is really no omniscient, benevolent, omnipotent being or entity to create all this? or our idea of a god is TOTALLY Flawed? shocked

The whole idea of original sin is frankly appalling if you ask me. A so called all powerful god must know the beginning and the end, if so must also know that his creation will fall short of expectations and put in place measures to correct it (Any reasonable engineer will do this). Except this is what he/she/it wanted in the first place so he/she/it can punish and create more angels and demons (by your logic) at the same time. what's the goal here?
Again, he/she/it has a funny way of "answering" prayers and putting priorities straight. A hungry child in a war zone will pray endlessly with no response while someone else prays for promotion in the office and gets it? That's just plain wrong (you can say god knows best here, but if he* created us in his* image and likeness then we have become smarter than him* cos you and I know who we will answer first in that scenario). Well on the other hand we have to ask ourselves, which god is the right one? They cant all be correct right?

So then He sends his Son (who is by the way himself in another manifestation) to come and die for our sins so that he can forgive us of the original sin (and every subsequent sin) that was his fault to start with? Very twisted logic. That who ever believes he was bruised, tortured and murdered for our sins will be saved. Now lets back track here for a second and take a closer look. He came to die for our sins but he knew he will resurrect again after being killed, so what the hell is the point? I think we've all been had here shocked. I'll die for a lot of simple things if I know I'll resurrect after three days lol. Such an easy task for a god to do don't you think? tongue
what's up with all the sacrifice for goodness sake? cant he (or she or it) just wave his (or her or its) magic stick and we r back to normal?

Food for thought:
We are probably here all by ourselves and when we die, that's the end of it. No spirit realm, no soul, no heaven, no hell, no judgement, no 72 virgins. Lets make the best of this tiny speck of time we get to spend here. Enjoy every moment and be happy to be here while showing compassion, Loving, caring, and helping your fellow man/woman. Knowing that our death is the end of everything makes living here on earth worth a million times more.
Now I'm not here to convert anyone from their faith. I used to love preaching atheism any chance I had until I realised something. Religion gives a lot of people hope(although it blinds them), it makes them wake up the next morning and believing things will get better(although it limits their potentials), it gives comfort in times of bereavement (although its a lie we tell ourselves), it forces morality on people (although, anyone who needs religion to be moral is inherently evil). So let them have what they have and lets all live in peace cool

One love wink

5 Likes

Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
U atheists like to look for flaws in religion with out ever proving the non-existence of God. Give me a reasonable explanation for man's existence in this world, why earth n not any other planet?, why r we alone in this vast universe? Why why why.. How was man formed. U'll say evolution, what created d apes? Why is it only or apes dat evolved so dramatically? Too many unanswered questions. Too many things existing in this world that cannot be created by man nor by chance. This is proof of a God.
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Areaboy2(m): 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
Not really.

you see, the same way we cannot prove the non existence of a god, neither can anyone prove existence.

The problem isn't whether we came from the same ancestors as apes, that one is agreed and can be seen easily. It rather is that we came from a chance mix of elements which is more puzzling. Agreeing that evolution occurred puts the god of Abraham in huge doubt since he claims the earth is about 6000 years old.

We cannot be alone in this universe, it is too vast to suggest that. we just don't have a definite proof for that.

why is there something rather than nothing? this question rings about easily without understanding its implication. You can extend that to a supernatural being and question is existence against non existence.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that human beings are not special. We share our world with some amazing creatures that also share a lot with us. Some even have consciousness. That alone makes it difficult to ask "what is the explanation for man's existence in this world?"
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by cyrexx: 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
Area_boy: Well, first of all the so called multiverse is simply an idea and there is no evidence to confirm that. It originates from the logic of earth -> solar system -> galaxy -> universe -> multiverse? Sounds nice to think about and postulate different possibilities but we can only see 13.7 billion light years in all direction before we hit the opaque extremely hot plasma like region (which is actually remnants of the bang itself).

Now, look at it from another angle. What if we are here by chance and there is really no omniscient, benevolent, omnipotent being or entity to create all this? or our idea of a god is TOTALLY Flawed? shocked

The whole idea of original sin is frankly appalling if you ask me. A so called all powerful god must know the beginning and the end, if so must also know that his creation will fall short of expectations and put in place measures to correct it (Any reasonable engineer will do this). Except this is what he/she/it wanted in the first place so he/she/it can punish and create more angels and demons (by your logic) at the same time. what's the goal here?
Again, he/she/it has a funny way of "answering" prayers and putting priorities straight. A hungry child in a war zone will pray endlessly with no response while someone else prays for promotion in the office and gets it? That's just plain wrong (you can say god knows best here, but if he* created us in his* image and likeness then we have become smarter than him* cos you and I know who we will answer first in that scenario). Well on the other hand we have to ask ourselves, which god is the right one? They cant all be correct right?

So then He sends his Son (who is by the way himself in another manifestation) to come and die for our sins so that he can forgive us of the original sin (and every subsequent sin) that was his fault to start with? Very twisted logic. That who ever believes he was bruised, tortured and murdered for our sins will be saved. Now lets back track here for a second and take a closer look. He came to die for our sins but he knew he will resurrect again after being killed, so what the hell is the point? I think we've all been had here shocked. I'll die for a lot of simple things if I know I'll resurrect after three days lol. Such an easy task for a god to do don't you think? tongue
what's up with all the sacrifice for goodness sake? cant he (or she or it) just wave his (or her or its) magic stick and we r back to normal?

[b]Food for thought:
We are probably here all by ourselves and when we die, that's the end of it. No spirit realm, no soul, no heaven, no hell, no judgement, no 72 virgins. Lets make the best of this tiny speck of time we get to spend here. Enjoy every moment and be happy to be here while showing compassion, Loving, caring, and helping your fellow man/woman. Knowing that our death is the end of everything makes living here on earth worth a million times more.
Now I'm not here to convert anyone from their faith. I used to love preaching atheism any chance I had until I realised something. Religion gives a lot of people hope(although it blinds them), it makes them wake up the next morning and believing things will get better(although it limits their potentials), it gives comfort in times of bereavement (although its a lie we tell ourselves), it forces morality on people (although, anyone who needs religion to be moral is inherently evil). So let them have what they have and lets all live in peace cool[/b]

One love wink

Classic.

I loooove this. cool
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by plaetton: 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
teminoni: U atheists like to look for flaws in religion with out ever proving the non-existence of God. Give me a reasonable explanation for man's existence in this world, why earth n not any other planet?, why r we alone in this vast universe? Why why why.. How was man formed. U'll say evolution, what created d apes? Why is it only or apes dat evolved so dramatically? Too many unanswered questions. Too many things existing in this world that cannot be created by man nor by chance. This is proof of a God.

What makes you believe you are alone in the universe? where else have you gone to look for life? too many things existing in this world that cannot be created by man or by chance simply means that there are still much to know.

Are thunder and lighting (which cannot be created by man) proof of an angry god, or just the products of cause and effect?[b][/b]
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
Area_boy: Agreeing that evolution occurred puts the god of Abraham in huge doubt since he claims the earth is about 6000 years old.

No. Muslims believe in evolution and the Qur'an never claimed that the earth is 6000 years old.
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
plaetton:

What makes you believe you are alone in the universe? where else have you gone to look for life? too many things existing in this world that cannot be created by man or by chance simply means that there are still much to know.

Are thunder and lighting (which cannot be created by man) proof of an angry god, or just the products of cause and effect?[b][/b]

Bro i'm very sure there's no other life any where else in this world. Haven't you ever stopped to wonder why this earth is so unique and different from all other planets? u still think that is cause and effect?
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by mkmyers45(m): 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2012
teminoni:

Bro i'm very sure there's no other life any where else in this world. Haven't you ever stopped to wonder why this earth is so unique and different from all other planets? u still think that is cause and effect?
Planets that are very similar like earth have be found in other galaxies but yet to be explored
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Areaboy2(m): 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2012
fellis:
No. Muslims believe in evolution and the Qur'an never claimed that the earth is 6000 years old.

But it is largely based on the story that claimed it is.

Same thing different packaging undecided
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by TheOP1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2012
Area_boy: Well, first of all the so called multiverse is simply an idea and there is no evidence to confirm that. It originates from the logic of earth -> solar system -> galaxy -> universe -> multiverse? Sounds nice to think about and postulate different possibilities but we can only see 13.7 billion light years in all direction before we hit the opaque extremely hot plasma like region (which is actually remnants of the bang itself).

Food for thought:
Now I'm not here to convert anyone from their faith. I used to love preaching atheism any chance I had until I realised something. Religion gives a lot of people hope(although it blinds them), it makes them wake up the next morning and believing things will get better(although it limits their potentials), it gives comfort in times of bereavement (although its a lie we tell ourselves), it forces morality on people (although, anyone who needs religion to be moral is inherently evil). So let them have what they have and lets all live in peace cool

One love wink

I love this.
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 29, 2012
Hmm.
you said this:
Area_boy:

Agreeing that evolution occurred puts the god of Abraham in huge doubt since he claims the earth is about 6000 years old.

Then I said how the Qur'an does not claim that the earth is 6000 years old.
Area_boy:

But it is largely based on the story that claimed it is.

Same thing different packaging undecided

Largely based on it how? They have some similarities but that's it. Even if there are similarities that does not mean that they are the same thing or that you should disregard the Qur'an because of the errors in the Bible.
Anyway think what you will. I am sure that regardless of whatever I say you will always have an excuse to still remain a disbeliever.
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 02, 2012
mkmyers45: Planets that are very similar like earth have be found in other galaxies but yet to be explored

Impossible bro. No other planet like earth with the required gases, perfect temperature, perfect soil condition n even a single living cell. Maybe similar in size, dats all.
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Areaboy2(m): 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2012
teminoni:

Impossible bro. No other planet like earth with the required gases, perfect temperature, perfect soil condition n even a single living cell. Maybe similar in size, dats all.

there u make a mistake

The earth did not start up like this with perfect temperature, gasses, soil and all what not. it was once very inhabitable and strange place to be.

Time built up the world we now know and love. Distant planets found within the "sweet" spot of a sun have a high chance of ending up like ours. So yes, similar planets have been found and there must be life (advanced or simple) else where in the universe. shikena!

As for Fellis

You're making a mistake when you say the qur'an is infallible. I might get hated for saying this but sadly it isn't so. you can sit there and make interpretations from what the original writers had in mind just to agree with popular belief today.

Finally, you are wrong. There is something you can say or do to change my mind. Show me clear cut evidence that your belief system is accurate and i'll pack my bags n go with you
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2012
Area_boy:
As for Fellis
you can sit there and make interpretations from what the original writers had in mind just to agree with popular belief today.
See why I said you will always have an excuse? Unless you have a very good command of the Arabic Language which I know you don't, you cannot know if those that did the interpretation were only trying to twist the words to suit scientific findings, yet you tell yourself that this is the case.
Area_boy:
Finally, you are wrong. There is something you can say or do to change my mind. Show me clear cut evidence that your belief system is accurate and i'll pack my bags n go with you
If I showed you clear cut evidence that God exists, you would still think up something else to argue with, maybe why does He allow evil to continue or why does He have an eternal hell when we lived only a short time or any other thing you can think of to flaw His laws and refuse worshipping Him. I have seen something like that happen before
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Areaboy2(m): 7:44pm On Sep 02, 2012
Oh not at all. I'm not gonna argue along those lines. All I need is clear cut evidence and lets do away with the if's and if not's

The major problem with your god is the fact he chooses to give his word to the world in only one language. Its funny he never taught about the Aborigines or the Mayans at both ends of the globe but rather fascinated by desert dwelling middle eastern folks to bring the truth. Absolutely not fair. He will show himself to a select few and hope everyone else must believe without seeing. Anyway, this is another topic for another day

My main point here is this so-called scientific facts that exists in the Qur'an can end up having more than one meaning. Lets take for instance the earth revolving around our Sun. There is no other way to interpret this than what it is. But show me you're Qur'anic verses that prove science and I'm sure I can interpret it from another angle. The issue is not whether they were translated wrongly or not, NO. Rather the issue is with the Knowledge level and intention of the original writers. I think we really need to investigate that rather than what people tell you to be
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2012
Area_boy: Oh not at all. I'm not gonna argue along those lines. All I need is clear cut evidence and lets do away with the if's and if not's

You'd have to be open minded to whatever evidence you're shown for there to be a chance that it would convince you. You seem to have completely made up your mind that God does not exist and that religions are for the deluded and due to this, you would still bring up an argument against anything I say. There is no evidence that would be clear cut enough for you.
Area_boy: The major problem with your god is the fact he chooses to give his word to the world in only one language. Its funny he never taught about the Aborigines or the Mayans at both ends of the globe but rather fascinated by desert dwelling middle eastern folks to bring the truth. Absolutely not fair. He will show himself to a select few and hope everyone else must believe without seeing.

Muslims do not believe that prophets were sent to only the middle easterners, they were sent to different people around the world at different parts of the world, but that is not the topic here.
Area_boy:
My main point here is this so-called scientific facts that exists in the Qur'an can end up having more than one meaning. Lets take for instance the earth revolving around our Sun. There is no other way to interpret this than what it is. But show me your Qur'anic verses that prove science and I'm sure I can interpret it from another angle. The issue is not whether they were translated wrongly or not, NO. Rather the issue is with the Knowledge level and intention of the original writers. I think we really need to investigate that rather than what people tell you to be
People who speak Arabic as their first language and live in Arab countries have the same basic understanding of the Quran that those using the translated versions have. If the translators were trying to hoodwink the non-Arabs by giving the verses a falsified translation, then the Muslims in Arab countries would have different beliefs from those in countries that don't speak Arabic but that isn't the case.
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Areaboy2(m): 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2012
First of all, my mind isn't made up. It just seems so due to lack of evidence. Show me any concrete evidence of your god and I'll be with my bags to join u to worship. When you read the history of these religions, you'll quickly piece together what the motives were and the entire aim of a "unifying" religion.

So about your prophets all over the world, I just want two for now. One for the Australian continent and one for the south American continent and really any two will suffice.

Finally, you still miss my point. I'm not here to argue or "debate" the accuracy of Arabic translations (which indeed has its issues). Rather, the so-called understanding of science in the qur'an is ill-placed. For example, people claim the qur'an talked about the big b@ng! did it really? or was the author referring to a different context? All these we can never verify hence claiming your book is in accord with science is a step too far
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 02, 2012
Area_boy:
So about your prophets all over the world, I just want two for now. One for the Australian continent and one for the south American continent and really any two will suffice.
Names were not mentioned in the Quran, it was simply reported that prophets were sent to different parts of the world, sorry I can't do what you asked.
Area_boy:
Finally, you still miss my point. I'm not here to argue or "debate" the accuracy of Arabic translations (which indeed has its issues). Rather, the so-called understanding of science in the qur'an is ill-placed. For example, people claim the qur'an talked about the big b@ng! did it really? or was the author referring to a different context? All these we can never verify hence claiming your book is in accord with science is a step too far
Why do you think that claiming the book is in accord with science is a step too far? Simply because the context could be wrong? Almost any sentence (in English or any other language) could be taken out of context, still, by having a thorough understanding of the language which the sentence is written and also having an accompanying explanation of what the sentences mean, makes us sure of the real meaning of that sentence is. That is the case with the Quran.
Verses from it can and have been taken out of context before, but luckily there are explanations that were provided during the time of the prophet (called tafseer) to help people know and be sure of how to interprete those verses so as to avoid misunderstanding them.
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by justaqad(m): 2:18am On Sep 03, 2012
Area_boy:

there u make a mistake

The earth did not start up like this with perfect temperature, gasses, soil and all what not. it was once very inhabitable and strange place to be.

Time built up the world we now know and love. Distant planets found within the "sweet" spot of a sun have a high chance of ending up like ours. So yes, similar planets have been found and there must be life (advanced or simple) else where in the universe. shikena!

As for Fellis

You're making a mistake when you say the qur'an is infallible. I might get hated for saying this but sadly it isn't so. you can sit there and make interpretations from what the original writers had in mind just to agree with popular belief today.

if you are ready for truth,i'll recommend you read this sincerely.
https://www.nairaland.com/1007823/journey-through-quran-amazing-quran
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by dattaswami: 6:12am On Sep 03, 2012
teminoni: Find time to read this. And if you'r too busy, you can skip to the last 2 paragraphs bolded. But you'll understand better if you read all of it. Its not much.

People wonder why God is so silent nowadays. People wonder if there is even a God at all. This is what I think:
The Lord created the earth, created it in perfection. The earth was made for man to live in and enjoy. So man was made, and the animals too, and they existed in harmony. Man was given the gift of choice: to make his decisions and choose his path, ...........nstantly tormented in hell, that's why they begged Jesus not to send them back. [/b]

This universe is infinite. I am unable to show the existence of these super worlds to you. I accept my incapability. But you are also incapable to prove directly the non-existence of these super worlds. Have you taken all over the universe and said, " Here ends the universe. Beyond this point there is no universe. This is the compound wall of the space. Your super world does not exist anywhere’’. Therefore, there is equal chance for the existence and non-existence of the super worlds according to the theory of probability.

Now let us analyse of our cases. Both of us are eating to live. The basic needs are satisfied in the cases of both of us. You have spent extra time also in earning more money, which may give you some problems of health like sugar, B.P etc., due to over enjoying. I have not earned more money and I am healthy due to normal food. None of us will carry the money with us after death. The money given to the children may also be lost in several ways. Therefore, I do not find much difference between us, once the basic needs are satisfied. I am poor because I have spent my extra time in the service of God.

Suppose after my death, you are correct and there are no super worlds. In such case what I have lost? There is no loss for me. But after your death, suppose I am correct and there are super worlds. You have lost every thing and God will not save you. Thus, even on accepting your argument, based on the equal probability, it is better to serve the Lord by sacrificing the extra time and energy for the Lord after earning the basic needs. You must read the theory of probability, which is perfectly a scientific theory.
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 03, 2012
And I have constantly asked.
Abu the young boy was born into a Muslim family. He was taught the Quran and all Ismamic doctrines and beliefs and Abu dies. Will Abu spend his entire life in Hell Fire?Assuming christianity was the true religion? Would the christian God who created Abu and allowed him to be born into a Muslim Family torture Abu in Hell FOR ETERNITY because Abu was born into Islam?
And what about Sister Mary that was born as a christian,went to sunday school attended redeemed and died. Will the Muslim God after claiming he created everything purnish her in Eternity for EVER?!
Do these Gods expect that after we are born and indoctrinated we should shift from one religion to another? And please don't tell me that the religions and their doctrines are the same. That has been disproved a long time ago.
And if you say "to be on the safe side I had better believe a type of religion or another" does that not negate the teachings of these religions which do not require such notions, but rather demands total belief in all doctrines, dogma and faith?
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 04, 2012
People, people.. There's no need for argument or proving theories. There is only one requirement to make heaven, and that is to just BELIEVE. To BELIEVE even without proof. If there were proof, then believing wudn't be a challenge wud it?

So that's just wat God wants from us, to believe even without proof. That's why he said "The Kingdom of God belongs to those that are like children". Children believe anything their parents tell them, even without questioning. Plus their hearts are pure and have no intention of committing sin or doing evil.

Scientists say Seeing is Believing
But God says Believing is Seeing!
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2012
dabriggs: And I have constantly asked.
Abu the young boy was born into a Muslim family. He was taught the Quran and all Ismamic doctrines and beliefs and Abu dies. Will Abu spend his entire life in Hell Fire?Assuming christianity was the true religion? Would the christian God who created Abu and allowed him to be born into a Muslim Family torture Abu in Hell FOR ETERNITY because Abu was born into Islam?
And what about Sister Mary that was born as a christian,went to sunday school attended redeemed and died. Will the Muslim God after claiming he created everything purnish her in Eternity for EVER?!
Do these Gods expect that after we are born and indoctrinated we should shift from one religion to another? And please don't tell me that the religions and their doctrines are the same. That has been disproved a long time ago.
And if you say "to be on the safe side I had better believe a type of religion or another" does that not negate the teachings of these religions which do not require such notions, but rather demands total belief in all doctrines, dogma and faith?

K, I'll clear this up once n for all and you can quote me anywhere.

Those who believe Jesus is the son of the almighty God and lived a righteous life will inherit the Kingdom of heaven.
Those who believe Jesus is the son of the almighty God but DON'T live a righteous life are subject to Judgment on Judgment day, and the outcome of Judgment wud determine where they spend eternity.
Those who DON'T believe Jesus is the son of the Almghty God but live a righteous life (E.G MUSLIMS) are subject to Judgment on Judgment day, and the outcome of Judgment wud determine where they spend eternity.
Those who DON'T believe Jesus is the son of the Almighty God and did not leave a righteous life are still subject to Judgment on Judgment day, and the outcome of Judgment wud determine where they spend eternity.

On Judgment day, they will be judged according to their action on earth. So pick which category you belong to.

But if u heard about God and still did not believe, that is a huge disadvantage for you on Judgment day.
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by cyrexx: 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2012
teminoni:

Those who believe Jesus is the son of the almighty God and lived a righteous life will inherit the Kingdom of heaven.
Those who believe Jesus is the son of the almighty God but DON'T live a righteous life are subject to Judgment on Judgment day, and the outcome of Judgment wud determine where they spend eternity.
Those who DON'T believe Jesus is the son of the Almghty God but live a righteous life (E.G MUSLIMS) are subject to Judgment on Judgment day, and the outcome of Judgment wud determine where they spend eternity.
Those who DON'T believe Jesus is the son of the Almighty God and did not leave a righteous life are still subject to Judgment on Judgment day, and the outcome of Judgment wud determine where they spend eternity.

On Judgment day, they will be judged according to their action on earth. So pick which category you belong to.

But if u heard about God and still did not believe, that is a huge disadvantage for you on Judgment day.

its funny how christians make up a lot of rationalisations that the bible did not make. no where did the bible say any non-christian "may" go to heaven. we all non-christians are all condemned to the imaginary hell of your imaginary god who "created" some of us to be born into non-christian families and "gave" some of us the courage and rational thinking abilities to be able to examine the big myth called religion and found it to be a giant bullcrap to control the masses

only the fearful and the gullible will fall for this judgement day scare tactics that is found in Islam, Christianity, Zoroastrianism and Judaism
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2012
teminoni:

Inheritance- passing on of property after someone's death.

Will you people inherit la la land after the death of your god?
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by MacDaddy01: 9:51pm On Sep 04, 2012
fellis:
Names were not mentioned in the Quran, it was simply reported that prophets were sent to different parts of the world, sorry I can't do what you asked.

Why do you think that claiming the book is in accord with science is a step too far? Simply because the context could be wrong? Almost any sentence (in English or any other language) could be taken out of context, still, by having a thorough understanding of the language which the sentence is written and also having an accompanying explanation of what the sentences mean, makes us sure of the real meaning of that sentence is. That is the case with the Quran.
Verses from it can and have been taken out of context before, but luckily there are explanations that were provided during the time of the prophet (called tafseer) to help people know and be sure of how to interprete those verses so as to avoid misunderstanding them.

Areaboy is to gentle. He has time to give simple explanations instead of dropping the hammer and giving hardcore debunking.

Fellis, there are 3 facts you need to know

1) The topic is about heaven and hell. The Quran tells me that I will burn in hell for being an unbeliever with my skin regrowing only to be burnt again. The bible says that the only way to heaven is through Jesus. Tell me, how can Allah/Yaweh justify putting atheists and muderers on the same platform and sending them to the same hell? Does atheism and murder really need to carry the same punishment. Your God fails in being just. No sense of justice.

2) If the Quran can only be fully understood in Arabic, then Allah is an Arab racist/bigot. Thousands of languages on earth and he chose only one instead of appearing to different people in different places.

3) Thge Quran is not scientific. A scientific Quran would mention the dangers of cousin marriage. A scientific quran would not tell the scientifically impossible story that God created man (Adam) when we know for certain that man evolved from other beings. The Quran does not support evolution. Man was not created; he evolved. Either the Quran is lying or evolution is false.
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Areaboy2(m): 10:33pm On Sep 04, 2012
Rightly said Logicboy,

As for those that claim the quran predicted a lot of science stuff for us (Eg. BigB@ng), why don't you guys read your quran and tell us what the next major break through in science will be??

Oh wait, you cant! you only wait for science to discover it first and then happily claim it. "It is in the holy book!" LMAO
So much for that
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by MacDaddy01: 2:01am On Sep 05, 2012
Area_boy: Rightly said Logicboy,

As for those that claim the quran predicted a lot of science stuff for us (Eg. BigB@ng), why don't you guys read your quran and tell us what the next major break through in science will be??

Oh wait, you cant! you only wait for science to discover it first and then happily claim it. "It is in the holy book!" LMAO
So much for that

lol....how true!

They use one interpretation out of many to say that the Quran predicted the big bang. On closer inspection, you will find that the interpretation is stretched to meet the big bang
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 05, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Areaboy is to gentle. He has time to give simple explanations instead of dropping the hammer and giving hardcore debunking.
So in your mind you are the one that knows how to drop the hammer and give hardcore debunking? What you do is pick at anything you don't like and consider it a flaw, hardly anything hardcore about that.
MacDaddy01:
Fellis, there are 3 facts you need to know
1) The topic is about heaven and hell. The Quran tells me that I will burn in hell for being an unbeliever with my skin regrowing only to be burnt again. The bible says that the only way to heaven is through Jesus. Tell me, how can Allah/Yaweh justify putting atheists and muderers on the same platform and sending them to the same hell? Does atheism and murder really need to carry the same punishment. Your God fails in being just. No sense of justice.

2) If the Quran can only be fully understood in Arabic, then Allah is an Arab racist/bigot. Thousands of languages on earth and he chose only one instead of appearing to different people in different places.

3) Thge Quran is not scientific. A scientific Quran would mention the dangers of cousin marriage. A scientific quran would not tell the scientifically impossible story that God created man (Adam) when we know for certain that man evolved from other beings. The Quran does not support evolution. Man was not created; he evolved. Either the Quran is lying or evolution is false.
I can't go into explaining all this on the thread, I already know the direction the discussion would take. :/
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by MacDaddy01: 8:23am On Sep 05, 2012
fellis:
So in your mind you are the one that knows how to drop the hammer and give hardcore debunking? What you do is pick at anything you don't like and consider it a flaw, hardly anything hardcore about that.

I can't go into explaining all this on the thread, I already know the direction the discussion would take. :/

lololol.....as usual, run away when faced with the truth
Re: My Theory About The Earth, Heaven And Hell by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 05, 2012
cyrexx:

its funny how christians make up a lot of rationalisations that the bible did not make. no where did the bible say any non-christian "may" go to heaven. we all non-christians are all condemned to the imaginary hell of your imaginary god who "created" some of us to be born into non-christian families and "gave" some of us the courage and rational thinking abilities to be able to examine the big myth called religion and found it to be a giant bullcrap to control the masses

only the fearful and the gullible will fall for this judgement day scare tactics that is found in Islam, Christianity, Zoroastrianism and Judaism

Romans 2

5 But because you are stubborn and refuse to turn from your sin, you are storing up terrible punishment for yourself. For a day of anger is coming, when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 He will judge everyone according to what they have done.

9 There will be trouble and calamity for everyone who keeps on doing what is evil—for the Jew first and also for the Gentile.10 But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all who do good—for the Jew first and also for the Gentile.

11 For God does not show favoritism.
12 When the Gentiles sin, they will be destroyed, even though they never had God’s written law (the bible). And the Jews, who do have God’s law, will be judged by that law when they fail to obey it. 13 For merely listening to the law doesn’t make us right with God. It is obeying the law that makes us right in his sight. 14  Even Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. 15 They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right.

16 And this is the message I proclaim—that the day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone’s secret life.

So u can see from the bolded above that even those who don't know God's laws or haven't heard of him will still be judged according to whether they did good or evil during their life time. I hope that answers you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Cannot Be An Atheist And A Free Thinker / Is God A God Of Only The Jews / Most Interesting Bible Verses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.