Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? (3021 Views)

Why She Does Not Deserve That Bride Price / Photo: You May Kiss The Bride / I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by TheDefender: 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
It is normal for a man to pay the bride price before getting married, what in a situation whereby the man is not bouyant enough to pay the bride price and the lady is very rich, can the lady help the man to pay or it is uncultured that way?
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by MMM2(m): 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
Anoda high skool question angry

Ask ur parents dat question undecided
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by MMM2(m): 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
Op

Ur fiance wan pay ur dowry
Or
She wan buy u
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by TheDefender: 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
M M M: Op

Ur fiance wan pay ur dowry
Or
She wan buy u
Is it wrong, YES or NO?
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by deavicky(m): 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
what she will av to pay is groom price

1 Like

Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by MMM2(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
The Defender: Is it wrong, YES or NO?

D answer is not dere undecided
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
It is an insult for a man, to ask a lady or expect her to pay her own dowry, no matter how rich she may be. What kind of shameless "boys" are parading as men these days? If you don't have money for her dowry, that already shows you don't have money to take care of her, and what you should reasonable do without waiting for anyone to kickstart your brain, is to shelve your marriage plans.

What nonsense!
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by TheDefender: 3:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
sexkillz: It is an insult for a man, to ask a lady or expect her to pay her own dowry, no matter how rich she may be. What kind of shameless "boys" are parading as men these days? If you don't have money for her dowry, that already shows you don't have money to take care of her, and what you should reasonable do without waiting for anyone to kickstart your brain, is to shelve your marriage plans.

What nonsense!
Nice! I love this. am also thinking this is wrong but some people are still doing it. They will say it is love and the woman won't count it to be anything.
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by AleciaM(f): 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
Count me out, even if na to borrow go borrow am I beg. Who go abt marrying a broke man. Money is nt everything bt a man who isn't capable of paying a babe dowry has no business getting married.
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by 5hakeyrah(f): 5:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
In some country like india,d bride pays d dowry to d groom where by d groom use d money in question to start a business.but in out own country its not adviceable
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by tashanja(m): 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
^^^^Correct babe, don't mind them, we start our own Indian style, but be warned I won't come cheap, a nice crib, a Hummer & some bling may help your case. wink cheesy
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by Sijo01(f): 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
Wat buzex doz a man who cannt pay a dowry hs wit marriage?......n why no earth wil a woman pay her own dowry?.......help in financing d wed'n, fair enof. Payin d dowry, not reasonable.
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by charlsecy4(m): 12:11am On Aug 24, 2012
For your information, dowry is paid by the woman or her family. Check your dictionary if in doubt....

The Defender: It is normal for a man to pay the dowry before getting married?
sexkillz: It is an insult for a man, to ask a lady or expect her to pay her own dowry
Alecia.M:
a man who isn't capable of paying a babe dowry has no business getting married.
Sijo01: Wat buzex doz a man who cannt pay a dowry hs wit marriage?......n why no earth wil a woman pay her own dowry?.......help in financing d wed'n, fair enof. Payin d dowry, not reasonable.

I have read even in newspapers where writers mistake dowry for bride price.

What is common between Dowry and Bride Price?

Both are payments, monetary or in kind, or both, made for marriage rites purposes.

What is the difference between Dowry and Bride Price?

Bride Price is an amount of money or property paid by the man (bridegroom or groom) or his family to the family of the woman (bride) upon the marriage of the woman to the man.

Dowry refers to property or money brought by a bride [or her family] to her husband on their marriage.

Some cultures simultaneously practice both.

https://www.nairaland.com/896733/bride-price-dowry-difference-similarity
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by Ranoscky(m): 9:40am On Aug 24, 2012
Alecia.M:
Count me out, even if na to borrow go borrow am I beg. Who go abt marrying a broke man. Money is nt everything bt a man who isn't capable of paying a babe dowry has no business getting married.
Na ur type dey end up with Ritual men (but God forbid). So, u no fit givam some money for him to come up with the marraige proposal? undecided...

Which kain gals naija dey breed nowadays sef?

Ah! Omo, na miracle if i marry a naija gal o!
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by tashanja(m): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2012
^^^^Omo, take style go India joor, in fact the more I think of it the more it appeals to me cheesy grin grin
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by 5hakeyrah(f): 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
tashanja: ^^^^Correct babe, don't mind them, we start our own Indian style, but be warned I won't come cheap, a nice crib, a Hummer & some bling may help your case. wink cheesy
. U r nt serios...........lol
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by tashanja(m): 6:26am On Aug 25, 2012
Serious ke, just start saving and let Ur ppl know my ppl are ready to rcv them. grin
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by AleciaM(f): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ranoscky:
Na ur type dey end up with Ritual men (but God forbid). So, u no fit givam some money for him to come up with the marraige proposal? undecided...

Which kain gals naija dey breed nowadays sef?

Ah! Omo, na miracle if i marry a naija gal o!
So u mean I shld give a man money to marry me? So after what shld we live on? Is nt abt naija ghels biko
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by cindyrella(f): 5:00pm On Aug 25, 2012
If he can't pay my dowry, he is sure as hell not ready to get married! He should wait until he grows some ballz to before thinking of marriage... grin
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by Ranoscky(m): 10:15am On Aug 26, 2012
Alecia.M:

So u mean I shld give a man money to marry me? So after what shld we live on? Is nt abt naija ghels biko
May God help our gals o!
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by Ranoscky(m): 10:15am On Aug 26, 2012
tashanja: ^^^^Omo, take style go India joor, in fact the more I think of it the more it appeals to me cheesy grin grin
Go do wetin?
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by tashanja(m): 3:59am On Aug 27, 2012
^^^^Go collect very fine bride whose family would be only too grateful to pay you groom price - no need to tell you its their culture or that Indian women are among the most beautiful in the planet, won miss world title many times more than any other country.
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by Ranoscky(m): 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
^^ No, 10x! Would love to remain glued to ma one and ONLY princess. (Asian also)
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by tashanja(m): 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
^^^^Well, I guess then you'll still have to pay bride price, though an Asian lady is likely to be more hard working and ready to contribute materially than a 9ja sister; who is more self centred, veracious and wouldn't waste any time chopping you down to your bare bones like the infamous piranha fish.
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by Flygerian1(m): 12:21am On Sep 09, 2012
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by Ranoscky(m): 12:26am On Sep 09, 2012
tashanja: ^^^^Well, I guess then you'll still have to pay bride price, though an Asian lady is likely to be more hard working and ready to contribute materially than a 9ja sister; who is more self centred, veracious and wouldn't waste any time chopping you down to your bare bones like the infamous piranha fish.
True talk, bro!
Re: Can A Lady Pay The Bride Price? by SisiAfriQue: 3:33pm On Feb 18, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Some Guys Can Be Heartless.. / Ok Ladies, Juss Incase You Didn't Know.. / Some Funny! Some Romantic And Funny(must See Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.