Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,010 members, 7,799,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Is It Rude To Shake With Your Left Hand? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It Rude To Shake With Your Left Hand? (2209 Views)

Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? / How Wrong Is It To Give Or Receive Something With Your Left Hand? / Is It Rude To Speak Your Language Openly In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Rude To Shake With Your Left Hand? by geeez: 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
Growing up my folks and every one older that I knew discouraged my brothers and I from shaking or taking things from people with our left hands . Even my kids brother who is a south paw learned to use his right hand when shaking people or taking things from them.

Over two decades later, it's so common to see people take things from you or proffer their left hands for a handshake even when you have your right hand pointing at them irrespective of whether or not you're older, richer or more senior to them in the office.

Is this some new trend or it really doesn't make a difference which hand you use?
Re: Is It Rude To Shake With Your Left Hand? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
^^îf people still clean their nyansh with water, and using their left hand to do so, then i think people should continue NOT using their left for contact to others etc

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Curious Uruguayan Tradition: The Mate / Some Facts U Never Know About Ekiti / My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.