Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? (20727 Views)

What's Your Worst Cooking/kitchen Chore? / What's Your Worst Cooking Chore?? / Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by MissyB3(f): 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
Let's hear it wink
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
Trying to make toast in a microwave. grin grin

gosh!!! it was.........
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by ayobase(m): 12:19am On Aug 24, 2012
I have been seeing my mum cooking beans and corn, so I decided to prepare mine one good hot afternoon.(try that food if u have never ...it makes sense die)
Bought the corn, of course we had beans at home.
Washed the corn and put it on fire, about 46mins later, I added the beans....added the necessary ingredients after reasonable minutes.
As per scooping for taste levelz...the corn was still very HARD...after like 90mins?
I had to continue cooking to soften the corn...was still on the matter for close to 4hrs....to cut the long tori short.....I have gone to buy dried corn instead of fresh maize....I had to eat it like that!

21 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by ayobase(m): 12:20am On Aug 24, 2012
~vicky~:
Trying to make toast in a microwave. grin grin

gosh!!! it was.........

LOL....but it should work na!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2012
I was like 14, and i was trying to learn how to fry meat. I rinse the meat with water, and put it inside hot oil. You should know what happened next. grin grin

14 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by bittyend(m): 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
I tried cooking beef stew and I finished all the beef before the stew was ready. sad

I've learnt my lessons, next time, I'll tape up my mouth. smiley

12 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by mouyoursawre: 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2012
What happen?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by chimimi(f): 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2012
D day dat i put curry powder in bitterleaf soup..tot it wz grinded pepper!

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Afam4eva(m): 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
ayobase: I have been seeing my mum cooking beans and corn, so I decided to prepare mine one good hot afternoon.(try that food if u have never ...it makes sense die)
Bought the corn, of course we had beans at home.
Washed the corn and put it on fire, about 46mins later, I added the beans....added the necessary ingredients after reasonable minutes.
As per scooping for taste levelz...the corn was still very HARD...after like 90mins?
I had to continue cooking to soften the corn...was still on the matter for close to 4hrs....to cut the long tori short.....I have gone to buy dried corn instead of fresh maize....I had to eat it like that!
You musn't put salt when cooking corn because it makes it not to cook. You can put it later after it must have done.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 24, 2012
i was cooking white rice n stew, while cooking d stew i added salt to taste but when i checked dere was no taste of salt. so i kept on adding n addin d salt yet dere was no taste of salt rather it was sweet dat was wen i decided to check it n lol n behold it was sugar, i was sumhow dead cox my popsi wil hit me for the mistake, i looked for salt n started adding salt, i also put alot of pepper to take d sugar taste away but no way. i served fud n one spoon inside my fathers mouth, the next thing he said was dz food taste sagarine n he asked who cooked it n my mum said it was me n he tongued lashed, all my family members rejected d fud includin me n we went to bed wit hunger. cnt forget it

18 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by slimyem: 4:57pm On Aug 24, 2012
i was 12..
It was the first time i killed and dissected a chicken then washed,boiled it and made stew all on my own..
Turned out i didn't empty the contents of the gizzard....
I had put it whole into the stew like that.
My mum found it out and corrected my error..
Can't remember any other blunder asides that...cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2012
Added a tin tomatoes to the “Egusi” soup I cooked while in school. So irritating to me after cooking. I was later told by a girl in ma lodge that it was because of the tomatoes. lol
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Morgan1092(m): 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2012
D 1st day i cukd Okro soup...hehehey... Na troway tinz oo. Lolz

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by IleIfe2(m): 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
tried to cook irish potato in a micro wave, sharp-sharp thing. it was a Hiroshima embarassed embarassed
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by 4reigningqueen: 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
my first day in school, i tried to cook vegetable with melon or lemon as in efo elegusi.got the recipe over the phone and guess wot,i can describe wot i cooked but ate it for like a week before the thing finish.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by IleIfe2(m): 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
bittyend: I tried cooking beef stew and I finished all the beef before the stew was ready. sad

I've learnt my lessons, next time, I'll tape up my mouth. smiley

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by coded777: 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2012
I poured over dose of pepper and everyone was like "sniffing cocaine" when the food was served.. Oboy no be small thing o...
Do i even know how to cook to start with, eh¿

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Gwekzy: 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2012
My Own 2 PlentY...Buh D 1 I recall VerY Wel Was My 1sT Egusi SouP Attempt, Gosh U Need 2 C H̶̲̥̅̊
o̶̲̥̅̊
w̶̲̥̅̊
SouP Swell U̶̲̥̅̊
P̶̲̥̅̊
Face...It Was So terrible Dat even Dogs Rejected iT...Buh Dat Was Den cos I deY trY now
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2012
Well, I learnt how to cook everything I now know how to cook. The one I never took time to learn was how to fry egg.

The first day i fried egg, I couldnt remember if I had to use groundnut oil or just pour the egg into the pan like that. well you can guess the one i did. men! if you see the mosaic that resulted from the process my mum had to pour the oil unto the mess to undo my artwork grin

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2012
Men and cooking blunders grin
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2012
when i was young my aunt adds little garri to make soup thicker if watery esp bitterleaf or oha, so oneday d cocoyam i bought was not enough 4 d onugbu soup and instead of asking 4 d quantity 2 add i went 2 fetch a cup of garri, poured everythn. Low d soup was even thicker than d eba i made...lol, u can imagne d beating i recievd after a whole pot of soup went in2 d bin.

15 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by MissyB3(f): 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2012
underlinee: Well, I learnt how to cook everything I now know how to cook. The one I never took time to learn was how to fry egg.

The first day i fried egg, I couldnt remember if I had to use groundnut oil or just pour the egg into the pan like that. well you can guess the one i did. men! if you see the mosaic that resulted from the process my mum had to pour the oil unto the mess to undo my artwork grin
grin grin grin
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by freecocoa(f): 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2012
The first time i cooked soup. I was about 12 then,it was supposed to be Egusi soup and my mum was cooking it when she got a call that my brother was involved in an accident,she had to rush to the hospital so she asked me to turn off the gas cooker but i wanted to help....

She was still steaming the meat as at when she got the call,well i decided to continue, let's just say i used oil instead of water,the salt in the soup plenty pass the one way dey atlantic ocean,maggi i no fit explain how i take put the many wey i put,the fish,stockfish and meat could not be differentiated from the egusi,then the ugu leaf lost inside pot and could not be found, i'm sure i cooked that soup for more than 3 hours.

Well in the end,mummy spanked me but them manage the soup that night sha(poured it away in the morning because it fit kill person wey eat am again), after that day i can proudly say i can pass for a chef now.cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2012
nne3870: when i was young my aunt adds little garri to make soup thicker if watery esp bitterleaf or oha, so oneday d cocoyam i bought was not enough 4 d onugbu soup and instead of asking 4 d quantity 2 add i went 2 fetch a cup of garri, poured everythn. Low d soup was even thicker than d eba i made...lol, u can imagne d beating i recievd after a whole pot of soup went in2 d bin.
grin grin grin
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 24, 2012
So I finished watching The Food Network and saw all those mouth-watering erection-inducing dishes and decided to replicate. Ended up adding food colouring to my white rice and turned it blue. Nobody ate it.

10 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by slimdiggi: 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
Tried to boil egg in microwave,hmmm Added egusi to ogbono,potty wey be like am i neva see,oh yes,overheated palm oil and it turned into a flambé(french cooking that alchohol is added and fire comes out)

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
freecocoa: The first time i cooked soup. I was about 12 then,it was supposed to be Egusi soup and my mum was cooking it when she got a call that my brother was involved in an accident,she had to rush to the hospital so she asked me to turn off the gas but i wanted to help....

She was still steaming the meat as at when she got the call,well i decided to continue, let's just say i used oil instead of water,the salt in the soup plenty pass the one way dey atlantic ocean,maggi i no fit explain how i take put the many wey i put,the fish,stockfish and meat could not be differentiated from the egusi,then the ugu leaf lost inside pot and could not be found, i'm sure i cooked that soup for more than 3 hours.

Well in the end,mummy spanked me but them manage the soup that night sha, after that day i can proudly say i can pass for a chef now.cheesy

Is that why anytime I come to visit you, you always buy mama put for me instead of taking your rightful place in the kitchen? angry
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Tinax(f): 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
one village boy(a relation) came to pay us visit sometime last year. My sister asked him to prepare semo ..hmmm, when we saw him scooping something on the dinning table while eating, it turned out that he prepared the semo like eba. shockedshocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by freecocoa(f): 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2012
2buff:

Is that why anytime I come to visit you, you always buy mama put for me instead of taking your rightful place in the kitchen? angry
Duh! I was 12,now I'm a chef.tongue
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by johnshagb(m): 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
Let me share a story ♍γ̲̣̣̥ cousin told me about a newly wedded bride.
She wanted to prepare yam flour(amala) so she put a reasonable amount of water on fire but she didn't give it enough time to boil properly, she pour the flour into the lukewarm water and started stirring. When she realized the mixture refused to form properly, she quickly and quietly disposed the mess she prepared. She gave it another trial with the former procedure and we all know what to expect. That was when she summon the courage to tell her hungry mother in-law she doesn't know Ђõω to prepare the meal. I can't imagine what the expressions on her face would be at her first trial.
God go save man from all this babes wey no sabi wetin okro be, Ωa only noodles and fried rice dem fit cook

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
freecocoa: Duh! I was 12,now I'm a chef.tongue
Oya I have come to visit you angry
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Piyke: 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2012
Was boiling an egg but sleep caught the better of me.....Woke up and the kitchen was filled with dense smoke, the electric burner was red hot and only a charred black mass was left in the pot which was also beginning to get disfigured!

It took days for the smell to totally leave the kitchen. So grateful to God that i didn't start a fire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can Pregnant Woman Drink Zobo Drink????? / 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy / Show Your Christmas✨ Cooking & What Meat You Are Using ✌️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.