Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? (20726 Views)

What's Your Worst Cooking/kitchen Chore? / What's Your Worst Cooking Chore?? / Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2012
Piyke: Was boiling an egg but sleep caught the better of me.....Woke up and the kitchen was filled with dense smoke, the electric burner was red hot and only a charred black mass was left in the pot which was also beginning to get disfigured!

It took days for the smell to totally leave the kitchen. So grateful to God that i didn't start a fire
hahaha!
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by freecocoa(f): 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2012
2buff:
Oya I have come to visit you angry
Just make yourself at home,the moi moi will be done in five.
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by mkmyers45(m): 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2012
Cooked Egusi and Put 3 'Ajino-Moto' in it...infact it was a disaster cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by slimdiggi: 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2012
slimdiggi: Tried to boil egg in microwave,hmmm Added egusi to ogbono,potty wey be like am i neva see,oh yes,overheated palm oil and it turned into a flambé(french cooking that alchohol is added and fire comes out)
i remember,tried making semo but what came out was white custard,made moi moi for almost six hours i didn't understand logic of d f.uck.ing food!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by africanboy(m): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2012
as kids, my brother and i tried to "fry" a crate of eggs. using water and an unlit stove

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by NobleAngell(f): 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
No blunders @ all. Am a star in d kitchen. cool
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by OmoKhary(f): 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
Wen i was 9 i decided 2 prepare fried rice!
I didnt knw d ingredients used in preparin it,so i thot i was blood tonic mixd wit rice 2 gv it dat green colour....so,i boild d rice n added blood tonic in2 it n knor cubes....it turn green n i was happy!dishd sme 4 my elder brotha n he was chokin!tasted it n spat it out!
Flush d whold pot of rice in the toilet....thankflly my mum didnt find out

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by sentix(m): 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
1 I always have issues with SALT!

Tried to make peppersoup with microwave
no be small thing
u will think a gas grenade went off in the house and it was at night
God Save Me!!
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by 46arcadez(m): 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
Was tryn 2 impres my gal frnd d 1st day she visitd me, i added salt in indomie i cookd. We ate it lik dat but she corectd me

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by trent9002(m): 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mistakenly putting detergent instead of salt. The pot was foaming eh

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
I cooked beans, looked really nice. Just as I was about dishing it, I saw my pounded pepper n crayfish in the mortar!!! embarassed

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Mojibola(m): 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
First time i prepared amala...yu wan try aw many 'koko' dey inside??!!....dem be like 1million..

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by folaked(f): 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
freecocoa: Duh! I was 12,now I'm a chef.tongue
i added 500g of salt in2 a pot of semo, thinking it was 'more semo', lols! U can guess d result, throw way things noni
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
africanboy: as kids, my brother and i tried to "fry" a crate of eggs. using water and an unlit stove
grin grin What a disaster.
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
NobleAngell: No blunders @ all. Am a star in d kitchen. cool
Hmmmmmmm! lipsrsealed
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by belemzy: 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mum travelled so i tired cooking for d very first time. I was 19years old. MY dad gave me triple the amount he gives to my mum for a pot of soup only for me to return home with all the bone in the market as beef, to make matters worse i was asked to buy UZUZA leaf,i bought UTAZI leaf wey bad pass BITTER leaf cheesy. You can imagine what happened when pupsy had a teast of my delicacy. grin

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
underlinee: Well, I learnt how to cook everything I now know how to cook. The one I never took time to learn was how to fry egg.

The first day i fried egg, I couldnt remember if I had to use groundnut oil or just pour the egg into the pan like that. well you can guess the one i did. men! if you see the mosaic that resulted from the process my mum had to pour the oil unto the mess to undo my artwork grin
rotflmao
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
My first attempt to make amala was terrible,it turned to tuwo,or even custard,had to use spoon to eat it,cos it was very watery..

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mine was the day i added curry and thyme into beans,chai!,it was bad

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Gentiejag(f): 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2012
D first tym i made amala....it was so watery dat more elubo ddnt even make it thicker. D koko inside were twice d size of my head.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mine was d first stew I made @d age of 12. Excess oil in d stew, though it was tasty
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by siddiq202(m): 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2012
bittyend: I tried cooking beef stew and I finished all the beef before the stew was ready. sad
I've learnt my lessons, next time, I'll tape up my mouth. smiley
I used to be a victim too while in school
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Duxe(f): 5:54pm On Aug 24, 2012
Sometime during my internship,i had dropped a half filled la casera bottle in d kitchen n my flatmate wanted 2 make stew...thinking its groundnut oil(d la casera label was off) he poured it in2 a pot. Thinking d oil was adulterated wt water, he went ahead 2 make d stew..lol! Then after adding maggi n seasoning. He called me 2 come c wats wrong wt d stew cos 'its tasting sugery n i dnt know y'!

Well..our flat bin no fit contain laff that evening. I felt bad sha n paid back by making another pot of stew. And made d same mistake(i had not removed d lacasera) but i realised mine on time n switched bottles!

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
trent9002: Mistakenly putting detergent instead of salt. The pot as foaming eh
lwkmd
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by freecocoa(f): 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
Duxe: Sometime during my internship,i had dropped a half filled la casera bottle in d kitchen n my flatmate wanted 2 make stew...thinking its groundnut oil(d la casera label was off) he poured it in2 a pot. Thinking d oil was adulterated wt water, he went ahead 2 make d stew..lol! Then after adding maggi n seasoning. He called me 2 come c wats wrong wt d stew cos 'its tasting sugery n i dnt know y'!

Well..our flat bin no fit contain laff that evening. I felt bad sha n paid back by making another pot of stew. And made d same mistake(i had not removed d lacasera) but i realised mine on time n switched bottles!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Otses(f): 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
When I was 10, my mom told me to make beans, have been seeing her adding curry and thyme to most of her cookings, so i decided to add it to the beans I was making. The taste was funny and my mom refused to eat from it.
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by siddiq202(m): 5:59pm On Aug 24, 2012
coded777: I poured over dose of pepper and everyone was like "sniffing cocaine" when the food was served.. Oboy no be small thing o...
Do i even know how to cook to start with, eh¿
you've got the answer with me just enroll under me and you are good to go
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by blank(f): 6:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
kunletiwoo: Added a tin tomatoes to the “Egusi” soup I cooked while in school. So irritating to me after cooking. I was later told by a girl in ma lodge that it was because of the tomatoes. lol

I usually add fresh tomatoes and pepper to my egusi. Saw my Yoruba friend do so and liked it. But i make sure i fry it very well and also fry the egusi very dry.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by StilTouchy(m): 6:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
(What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder?)

Fried onions, pepper and tomatoes with kerosene when i went to visit a friend not knowing the gallon of kerosene and look-alike. Not giving me the normal smell i opt for i called him to come check what's wrong with the smell. We laughed out lungs out that morning! Damn! That was a disaster if you ask me![color=#000099][/color][b][/b][size=8pt][/size] grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Yacubes(m): 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
Cookin a congo of rice wit a congo of salt. Lol

1 Like

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Eray(f): 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2012
I was 10 then. I was trying to boil more rice to supplement the already cooked rice. Cause the cooked rice wasn't gonna be enough. I poured d raw rice into d cooked rice added water, and I placed in fire to boil. wen mumsi found out sha, I hear am. Nor be small beat them give me that day

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? by Truman155(m): 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2012
When i was young I tried ice cream and curry no body was arround so i had a little feast thats y i dont lick ice cream today (too much food network channel)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can Pregnant Woman Drink Zobo Drink????? / 5 Ways To Eat What You Want And Still Be Healthy / Show Your Christmas✨ Cooking & What Meat You Are Using ✌️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.