Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note (51607 Views)

Important Message About The New #5000 Note CBN Want To Introduce / New 5000 Note To Carry D Face Of 3 NIGERIAN Women / New 5000 Naira Note. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by PaulJohn1: 1:38am On Aug 24, 2012
Faces of our Heroine on the new currency

http://www.punchng.com/news/naira-to-change-again/

7 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by PaulJohn1: 1:50am On Aug 24, 2012
If I may ask, what's the special thing these women have done for Nigeria?
Cause I think it's only Heroes and Heroine faces that are put on any currency

Heroine
Definition
1. A woman admired or idealized for her courage or noble qualities
2. A woman noted for special achievement in a particular field.
3. The principal female character in a novel, poem, or dramatic presentation.

From the definition of Heroine, does any of these women have any of the characteristics? shocked

12 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by dasparrow: 2:42am On Aug 24, 2012
Paul John: If I may ask, what's the special thing these women have done for Nigeria?

Heroine
Definition

From the definition of Heroine, does any of these women have any of the characteristics? shocked

Google is your friend. Google these women up and read about them and educate yourself. These women were activists who fought for the rights of the oppressed and much more. Is that not enough reason to have their pictures on a 5000 naira note?

19 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by PaulJohn1: 3:07am On Aug 24, 2012
If they're so famous, it shouldn't be until I google them before I know what significant thing they've done.
We would have been taught about them in social studies when we were in basic(primary) school cool
Like Amina of Zaria, Mother Teresa ...

My thought though

34 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Ikengawo: 5:10am On Aug 24, 2012
no igbo woman, mind you the women's rights movement was almost completely and igbo exercise in the beginning of this nation and even today hence why igbo women are the only ones with rights in nigeria.

Amazing.

1 Like

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by tpia5: 5:11am On Aug 24, 2012
i think margaret ekpo is igbo.

her father's name was okoroafor obiasulor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Ekpo

so, her maiden name was okoroafor or obiasulor.

1 Like

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by dayokanu(m): 5:37am On Aug 24, 2012
Funmilayo Ransome Kuti

One of the women elected to the native House of Chiefs, serving as an Oloye of the Yoruba people
Ranking member of the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons
Treasurer and President Western Women Association of the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons
Leader of Abeokuta Women's Union
Leader of Commoners Peoples Party
Leader of Nigeria Women's Union

1 Like

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 24, 2012
WORD!!
Really?!
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Dhelake: 7:18am On Aug 24, 2012
Funmilayo Ransome-kuti(Fela's mother) ,.... Is popular enough 4 u nt to google her
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by PaulJohn1: 9:29am On Aug 24, 2012
Dhelake: Funmilayo Ransome-kuti(Fela's mother) ,.... Is popular enough 4 u nt to google her

Now we know about Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti, how about the other two women?
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Caseless: 9:50am On Aug 24, 2012
D rate at which dz tin is goin w'l hav 500k and 1 million note soon considerin d increasin numba of politicians and activists. Cos i knw gej and sambo nid 2 b rememberd too for bringin facebook and cassava bread. Asari,tompolo,boyloaf,gani adam ar waitin.

7 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 24, 2012
And how does this improve our economy or reduce the number of the 40 man laptop team on nairaland?
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by tpia5: 10:47am On Aug 24, 2012
Paul John:

Now we know about Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti, how about the other two women?

the details are rather hazy, but i think margaret ekpo was an activist or maybe feminist.

she's on wiki anyway- you can look her up there.

i dont know anything about the third lady.
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Afam4eva(m): 11:04am On Aug 24, 2012
Paul John: If they're so famous, it shouldn't be until I google them before I know what significant thing they've done.
We would have been taught about them in social studies when we were in basic(primary) school cool

My thought though
Amina of Zaria was not a NIgerian. Nigeria started existing from 1914.

2 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Afam4eva(m): 11:06am On Aug 24, 2012
I can understand Fumilayo Kuti and Margret Ekpo. Who's that Northerner. I've never heard of her in my life. These northerners must think the whole country revolves around them.

5 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by hillsate: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Amina of Zaria was not a NIgeria. Nigeria started existed from 1914.
Ol boy, this your grammar just detonated two bombs in VI grin
afam4eva:
Amina of Zaria was not a NIgeria. Nigeria started existed from 1914.
Ol boy, this your grammar just detonated two bombs in VI

18 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Afam4eva(m): 11:27am On Aug 24, 2012
hillsate:
Ol boy, this your grammar just detonated two bombs in VI grin
lol grin It was a typographic error

1 Like

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Mandelaguy(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2012
Am all for any policy that will impact positively and reposition the Nigerian economy,that will not exert pressure on our currency and at the same time,reduce the cash being carried around. Let's see if Sanusi actually knows what he is doing.

1 Like

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
well I tnk 5, 10, nd 20 nairas ar going jst like 50kobo and 1naira coins. There will be no more 10 or 20naira biscuit but 50naira biscuit or sweet. 'igbi aye nyi!'

5 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by redsun(m): 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2012
cogitoErgo: well I tnk 5, 10, nd 20 nairas ar going jst like 50kobo and 1naira coins. There will be no more 10 or 20naira biscuit but 50naira biscuit or sweet. 'igbi aye nyi!'

All these ogbongbo currencies are just the characteristics of a failed nation.Currencies are like tissue papaers,uselesss.
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by interguru: 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2012
Paul John: If they're so famous, it shouldn't be until I google them before I know what significant thing they've done.

My thought though
you should hav google them because u dont know ur country history.
has i read d names , i think it is a long over due honor
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by passion007: 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
tpia@:
i think margaret ekpo is igbo.

her father's name was okoroafor obiasulor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Ekpo

so, her maiden name was okoroafor or obiasulor.
Margaret Ekpo was from Calabar, one of the few women who were involved in the fight for Nig's independence and working out modalities regarding how the newly created nation should be run However, post-freedom, she adopted the city of Aba as her native home and settled there.There were other women like Janet Mokelu who were also involved. I think its a novel and worthy idea to honor these women and thank for them for their contributions to their fatherland.i
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
[size=14pt]IKONNA NWANYIUKWU ENYIA of Aba Women Riot of 1929[/size]
isn't even mentioned. WOW......Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Arcard(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2012
i wana knw if 5n,10n and 20n go comot from naija
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by kunletade(m): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2012
Am disappointed why not Yar-adua :-XAm disappointed why not Yar-adua
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by whealthy(m): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2012
DeeManD: [size=14pt]IKONNA NWANYIUKWU ENYIA of Aba Women Riot of 1929[/size]
isn't even mentioned. WOW......Nigeria.
How will a riot be represented on a currency note? Fool!

4 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by alienware(m): 10:55am On Aug 25, 2012
Having N5,000 wont solve our problem, what we need to enjoy this country is strong naira and massive job opportunity, without a decent job or source of income hw will u be able to spend ? They should stop wheat,rice, processed or frozen food importation, build more refineries to stop importation of petroleum products, develop the tourism sector and revive or give life to dead infrastructures. Doing this will resuscitate the naira without pegging it to a bucket of hard currency and only then we can have a dollar exchange for like N10 - N50. We can stop wheat importation thru the use of biotechnology jst like researchers have done in the northern prairies in canada, drought resistant wheat varieties are also planted in the downs of australia,the pampas of argentina and the veld of south africa. IT CAN BE DONE IN NAIJA

4 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 25, 2012
Ikengawo: no igbo woman, mind you the women's rights movement was almost completely and igbo exercise in the beginning of this nation and even today hence why igbo women are the only ones with rights in nigeria.

Amazing.
You just dey talk without thinking, So Margaret Ekpo is not igbo enough for you ? Tribal lunatic.
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 25, 2012
passion007: Margaret Ekpo was from Calabar, one of the few women who were involved in the fight for Nig's independence and working out modalities regarding how the newly created nation should be run However, post-freedom, she adopted the city of Aba as her native home and settled there.There were other women like Janet Mokelu who were also involved. I think its a novel and worthy idea to honor these women and thank for them for their contributions to their fatherland.i
Her father was Ibo, this tribalism isnt helping anyone anymore.
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by Ajibel(m): 10:59am On Aug 25, 2012
haa okay na, them go one day have my own picture in #10,000 note...no be joke..mtschew
Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by yomz1e(m): 11:00am On Aug 25, 2012

My thought though

eh? after reading your comment am beginning to wonder if you even went to any school, and if so what kind of quality school was it? not all schools cover 100% historyof Nigeria. I was taught about Late Mrs Ransome Kuti in my school, even if she did not do anything given us Fela Kuti us enough to justify her as an heroine . Maybe you went to under bridge school and also Mother Teresa ain't Nigerian and she did not do anything significant that alter the course of history apart from been a good charitable person. Hope these information enlightens your mind

2 Likes

Re: Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note by blackbeau1(f): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2012
Paul John: If I may ask, what's the special thing these women have done for Nigeria?

Heroine
Definition

you wouldnt know.you are too busy studying the present crop of leaders

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Before & After Pics Of Zamfara Man Released By Bandits After 3 Months Captivity / Cows Take Over The Gate Of Presidential Villa - Reno Omokri Shares Photo / NLC, TUC Suspend Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.