Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here (3734 Views)

Wedding And Pre-wedding Photos Of An Inter-tribal Marriage Involving My Cousin / Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You / The Pain Of Inter Tribal Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Afam4eva(m): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2012
If you married someone who's not from your tribe, tell us the problems you encountered(if any) and let's know if you're happy with your marraige and if you'll marry the same person from that tribe if you had a second chance.

1 Like

Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Okijajuju1(m): 9:05am On Aug 24, 2012
Meeeee!!

First... cheesy
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva: If you married someone who's not from your tribe, tell us the problems you encountered(if any) and let's know if you're happy with your marraige and if you'll marry the same person from that tribe if you had a second chance.

So you are married now

Cool!
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Afam4eva(m): 9:20am On Aug 24, 2012
Ujujoan:

So you are married now

Cool!
No, i'm not married. But i might end of marrying a Yoruba chick.
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:

Hmmmm! undecided undecided undecided

Well good luck to you. . . .

You just don't strike me as the type who'll be happy in an inter-tribal marriage but then, I dont know you!

Don't make your decision based on other people's experiences, but based on your girl's character. If you think she's worth it, then go ahead and marry her and be ready to face whatever consequences/challenges that will defineitely come along!

1 Like

Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Afam4eva(m): 9:28am On Aug 24, 2012
Ujujoan:

Hmmmm! undecided undecided undecided

Well good luck to you. . . .

You just don't strike me as the type who'll be happy in an inter-tribal marriage but then, I dont know you!

Don't make your decision based on other people's experiences, but based on your girl's character. If you think she's worth it, then go ahead and marry her and be ready to face whatever consequences/challenges that will defineitely come along!
You know, i've never really clicked with Igbo girls because they're very powerful and strong and can be domineering considering the fact that i'm a very quiet person. That's not to say that if i meet an Igbo girl that possesses the quality i want in a woman, i won't marry her. I will definitely do. But right now, my torchlight is on Yoruba girls.
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Okijajuju1(m): 9:31am On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:

TUFIKWA!! ALUUUU!!!

Onye gini?! Onye Yoruba?!

Nwanne maka gini zi?! angry

Ifuro Umu Ada ju ebe ni ne?!

Nna i'me kwa na o.. Ndi Ummunna adiro in support..
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Afam4eva(m): 9:33am On Aug 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

TUFIKWA!! ALUUUU!!!

Onye gini?! Onye Yoruba?!

Nwanne maka gini zi?! angry

Ifuro Umu Ada ju ebe ni ne?!

Nna i'me kwa na o.. Ndi Ummunna adiro in support..
lol...Umu Ada anyi amaka but oburo sonso ihu kachasi nma. A na me neta omume na ihe ndi ozor.
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Okijajuju1(m): 9:39am On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:
lol...Umu Ada anyi amaka but oburo sonso ihu kachasi nma. A na me neta omume na ihe ndi ozor.

So Ife i na ekwu kita bu na Umu Ada ni ne ju na obodo anyi, from Ada Owerri to Ada Enugu down to Nwa Aba and even our Osha babes, onwero ike ifu na ime fa ncha n'we odi agwa/omume i na'cho?

Nna n'ka di kwa egwu o!

So obuzi ndi Yoruba we odi omume i na like?!
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by ifyalways(f): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2012
No challenges whatsoever!
Enjoying every bit of it. Would marry him over and over again.

@Afam, its all about the individual.

1 Like

Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Afam4eva(m): 10:06am On Aug 24, 2012
ifyalways: No challenges whatsoever!
Enjoying every bit of it. Would marry him over and over again.

@Afam, its all about the individual.
So, you're not married to an Igbo man. Where's your husband from?
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:
You know, i've never really clicked with Igbo girls because [b]they're very powerful and strong and can be domineering [/b]considering the fact that i'm a very quiet person. That's not to say that if i meet an Igbo girl that possesses the quality i want in a woman, i won't marry her. I will definitely do. But right now, my torchlight is on Yoruba girls.

Lol . .. cheesy cheesy

It's funny, I used to think it was quite the opposite. I always thought igbo women were brought up to be submissive to their husbands. That's why an igbos woman can be tough and harsh outside but back at home, she'll be as quiet as a Lamb! undecided

Well, whatever works for you sha. I'm sure a lot of people are enjoying their inter-tribal marriages!
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by ifyalways(f): 10:13am On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:

He's from Kafanchan!

E jighi ihe a gutara na forum eme ihe obula. Ihe nile wu akuko ifo. Uche gi di ya, Nwanne .

3 Likes

Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by MissIfe(f): 10:38am On Aug 24, 2012
I also believe it depends on the individual, each one of us attach more or less importance to different aspects of our culture, what works for some might not work for all.

1 Like

Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by tpia5: 11:40am On Aug 24, 2012
You just don't strike me as the type who'll be happy in an inter-tribal marriage

i agree.
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Afam4eva(m): 11:47am On Aug 24, 2012
^ what are you agreeing to? What do you guys mean sef?
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by subzidi: 1:30pm On Aug 24, 2012
grin I'm Igbo married to Edo(Esan) and LOVING every bit of it! No resistance from his family but mildly from my side. Today my family now sees him as one of the best in-laws in our family!
Yes ooo Uju, azuru umuada igbo ofuma na ihe gbasara alum di! Onye fum n'ezi odika anam eti eti agbo agbo lol! But at home MY KING reigns!! wink grin
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by armyofone(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
A strong black woman, a powerful breed who stoops to conquer. That's the Nigerian woman of today no matter what tribe.

so you are looking for the one you can easily dominate eh, tongue

i thought i have heard it all, sighs!

SempferFI
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Afam4eva(m): 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
armyofone: A strong black woman, a powerful breed who stoops to conquer. That's the Nigerian woman of today no matter what tribe.

so you are looking for the one you can easily dominate eh, tongue

i thought i have heard it all, sighs!

SempferFI
I'll appreciate it if you can quote me where i made that assertion. You people just like putting words in people's mouth.
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by armyofone(m): 2:01pm On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:
You know, i've never really clicked with Igbo girls because they're very powerful and strong and can be domineering considering the fact that i'm a very quiet person. That's not to say that if i meet an Igbo girl that possesses the quality i want in a woman, i won't marry her. I will definitely do. But right now, my torchlight is on Yoruba girls.

lol biko grin
if you don't want that cuz they are strong and domineering,
then it can easily be assumed that you like the ones you can dominate kiss
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Afam4eva(m): 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
armyofone:

lol biko grin
if you don't want that cuz they are strong and domineering,
then it can easily be assumed that you like the ones you can dominate kiss
That i said i don't want a woman that is domineering doesn't mean i want to do same to a woman. Everything is not in black and white.
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by tpia5: 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2012
He's lying as per the yoruba girl thing.
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Afam4eva(m): 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2012
tpia@:
He's lying as per the yoruba girl thing.
You know this, how?
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Geomac: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
I have no regret and i will marry her over and over again
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by LongOne1(m): 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva: If you married someone who's not from your tribe, tell us the problems you encountered(if any) and let's know if you're happy with your marraige and if you'll marry the same person from that tribe if you had a second chance.

I’m a product of an inter-tribal marriage, I know the experience helped me as I am in no way tribalistic. In addition, I got the best traits from both worlds, and it helped my relations with females from other nationalities, as I approached (even welcomed) the different cultures with an open mind.

Growing up, I know it took my mom time to adapt to the cultural differences, heck; she contemplated running away with us a number of times. I guess all it takes is a little getting used to; orientation helps a lot too, for the females especially.
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:

shocked shocked A dyed-in-the-wool tribalist like you, Afam, marrying a 'Yoruba chick'

Hope you're secure enough to let her see all your activity on Nairaland. She go just pick race grin
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by Afam4eva(m): 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
ziddy:

shocked shocked A dyed-in-the-wool tribalist like you, Afam, marrying a 'Yoruba chick'

Hope you're secure enough to let her see all your activity on Nairaland. She go just pick race grin
If i tell you to provide proof of my tribalistic behavior on nairaland, you won't be able to do that.
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by bittyend(m): 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:

WTF? Stay away from Yoruba women!! sad

Only Yoruba men are allowed to marry Igbo girls (and other girls) - not the other way round.
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by bittyend(m): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
Odumchi and Afam4eva the chief tribalists on NL, please stay away from Yoruba women, biko. cool
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva:

I am the Husband, I am from Ogbomoso with deep tribal marks.

I seduced her with Amala and ewedu

Any further questions?
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by bittyend(m): 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
I'm presently in an on/off relationship with an Igbo girl, and I don't dwell on the tribal aspect.
Re: Inter Tribal Couples, Let's Meet Here by odumchi: 5:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
bittyend: Odumchi and Afam4eva the chief tribalists on NL, please stay away from Yoruba women, biko. cool

Why is my name even mentioned here?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos:see How I Got Attacked On Facebook Today / My Friends Elder Brother Slapped His Wife / What Was The Hardest Secret You Ever Kept?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.