Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,640 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Men of God Or Gods Of Men? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Men of God Or Gods Of Men? (13286 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by shitshappen(m): 9:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
If and when the revulotion starts, how are you going to answer? with hands on your head or finger on your trigger?
when they come knocking on your front porch, how will you end? hidding behind your mothers pot? or will your voice be that of Ezekiel
" here i am, send me!"
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Dagods(m): 9:17pm On Mar 06, 2013
Smtims ago i was expectin a pastor Presido, but i don't know wat hapen, but hope it gona hapen smday. smbody say"ahan-ahan".

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Image123(m): 9:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
The OP's article is frank but not truthful, misplaced priorities i must say.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
Image123: The OP's article is frank but not truthful, misplaced priorities i must say.
u are d one with a symptom of brainwash technique. Foolish fool

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
Immortal!:
Left 2 me, religious organizations shud pay taxes 2 goverment. Only God can tell how much d nation would get 4rm them on weekly bases. D freedom is just 2 much. A storey building close 2 my house has about four churches using it. Is it not d same Christ that is being preached? It is now more profitable 2 quit an oil job just 2 open a church. May God almighty help us.
u r very funny
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by talk2s(m): 10:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
manmustwac: Like the poster said you will never see a nigerian pastor in the mould of Reverend Martin Luther King who fought against racism and descrimination for the rights of the oppressed african americans. Where were all our church leaders when they were needed during the oil subsidy demonstrations? Apart from being absent all they did was to tell the masses to fast & pray which is = NOTHING!

In your mind, 'fasting and praying' is nothing!
It shows your level of knowledge though.

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by j4jj: 10:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
(Sighs after reading article) this wat Yoruba calls ododo oro! oronla! Sighs again
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Chiefpriest(m): 11:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
I was hoping to see your comment thank God you did not dissapoint.be bless my bro.
Goshen360: What a Grace-filled, yoke-destroying, burden-removing article. I WISH EVERY CHRISTIAN READ THIS INSIGHTFUL ARTICLE.

@ OP, Thank you so very much. May the Almighty God bless you for sharing this article such as this and please share more of similar thought, if available. Thank you.
cheesy[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
solidbroda: When Karl Marx talked about Alienation, he talked about religion. he said Man made religion at the benefit of the few to the detriment of many, especially the poor. as a poor person, religion will make you to have the feeling that some bigger person (God) cares. but most people never knew that they have been brainwashed.
the first thing that should strike any sane human being is that, why are their so many religion, christian, islam, buddah etc, that alone should point out that religion is a sham, a scam and fraud.
Baseless theory. Numerous religious does nt signify its fake.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Chiefpriest(m): 11:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
You either the daughter of one of those fraidsters or a hipocrit.when Jesus physically with anger chased out the men of god trading in the temple and enriching thier pocket was He just a church goer?open your eye what is wrong is wrong.after peter gave his speech the bible said the same day 3000 people were added to them and people sold thier land posessions and braught the proceed at the feet of peter Read the bible the aposles shared every according to every members need.that was fhier oppurtunity to enrich themselves NO money making was not in thier agender.the gospel and need of thier xtians was thier goal.pls repent.
zoelife:
God bless you Bro. Talk, and MB, is cheap these days. Anyone can now criticize because of free technology.
@op: Bro, Democracy is not, and has never been God's ideal. If ur Christianity hasn't moved beyond church-going, mere followership to a deep personal relationship dat no one can take from you, then you had better get to work on it cos dats d only sure thing dat can keep u in these times of multiple doctrines. Guard ur heart!

2 Likes

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 4:18am On Mar 07, 2013
has anyone wondered why pastors come to us to ask for building offering rather than doing what they always admonish us to do - pray?

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by InesQor(m): 6:07am On Mar 07, 2013
davidylan: has anyone wondered why pastors come to us to ask for building offering rather than doing what they always admonish us to do - pray?
LOL
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by ooman(m): 6:44am On Mar 07, 2013
Emusan:

Must you comment? Afterall you don't have concrete evidence of your believe.

you want to tart that again?
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by ooman(m): 6:45am On Mar 07, 2013
davidylan: has anyone wondered why pastors come to us to ask for building offering rather than doing what they always admonish us to do - pray?

because they are thieves and fraudsters who can get to gullible people like you
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by kingzson1: 8:23am On Mar 07, 2013
Who ever wrote this piece lacks wisdom of GOD,al he has is Obvious knowlege.where were u? Wen dis men of GOD were on the road,preaching and evangelising,where were u wen they were insulted by those they preached to.nw u stand here to write such an empty piece absent of GODLY reasoning.today because GOD has blessd them,u cn open ur mouth to tok,why don't u start a church from scratch n see how easy it is to hv a ministry.stop allowing the devil use u,get a job. Are u tryin to tell me that there are no sincere men of GOD in this country that have attained heights that are worthy of note? Mtchew!!! Look here young man everyone may agree with u bt I dnt n if u read the scripture u will unsderstand the tins u don't...good day.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by udatso: 8:42am On Mar 07, 2013
Prince Justice: Years ago People complained that these "men of God" are very poor: how can they claim to be "men of God" and can't boast of a good shoe or cloth.
TODAY, God has blessed these "men of God" financially and otherwise; and People are still complaining!
Nigerians and their mouth! God have mercy!
Na wa 4 u ooooh..pls can u gv us a proof where people complained dat men of God are poor..its really funny

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 07, 2013
Confirmbabe: @ fellow Christians somtyms i wonder if som of us respect our religion, hv u eva seen a muslim condemin d acts of a mallam, sheikh or imam dat ws involvd in a shady deal on social netwrks? Jst lik we hv fake pastors, we also hv fake muslim clerics bt dey dnt discuss diers. May God help us.
Muslim clerics are not materialistic like your pastors. Better keep them out of this. .! Most Imams do not earn a kobo for running the affairs of a mosque.

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Jeejile: 8:53am On Mar 07, 2013
Very good observation/enlightment from the writer of this article. Infact, most of them brainwash their followers so that they will neither doubt nor question whatever their pastors tell them. May God save us from being victims of such money mongers.

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 07, 2013
personally d protestants pastors are just their for the gain. Imagine nowadays pastors ar being rated according 2 dia wealth e.g chris,adeboye and others. Thats y d ancient and everlasting church(catholicism) is still my identity.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Image123(m): 9:17am On Mar 07, 2013
solidbroda: u are d one with a symptom of brainwash technique. Foolish fool
xcuse me? Do you speak english?
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Confirmbabe(f): 9:30am On Mar 07, 2013
Zarian5:
Muslim clerics are not materialistic like your pastors. Better keep them out of this. .! Most Imams do not earn a kobo for running the affairs of a mosque.

Park well jor, mind u i didn't say all imams ar shady bt som. I live in d north, i grew up n schoold in d north so i knw wot i'm sayin. Tank God u said 'most imams' or ar u a learner?
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by emmasege: 9:31am On Mar 07, 2013
Bishop Akinola is not the only "true" man of God still standing in Nigeria. When Elijah and everyone around him thought he was the only one still standing for righteousness in the land of Israel, God told him He still had 7,000 other prophets who had not bowed to Baal.
Can the writer of this article or anyone pls educate me on the aspect where he said Jesus condemned/criticized evil authorities in His days?. I know He rebuked evil spirits and evil practices, but I don't know of where he attacked a political leader in his days. I know John the Baptist did that and he was beheaded, but I can't think of anywhere our Lord rebuked a political leader. I know true men of God speak as they are moved by the Holy Ghost, and not by emotion/sentiment. When they speak, heaven confirms their words!
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by emmasege: 9:36am On Mar 07, 2013
Point of correction! Protestants include the anglicans, the baptists and the methodists, and I don't think they belong to the general class u put them. These 3 denominations stand in between the two extremes of the christian faith. I would recommend either of these to anyone who wants to practise the biblical christianity
Chukskalidon:
personally d protestants pastors are just their for the gain. Imagine nowadays pastors ar being rated according 2 dia wealth e.g chris,adeboye and others. Thats y d ancient and everlasting church(catholicism) is still my identity.

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Image123(m): 9:38am On Mar 07, 2013
frosbel: .
i clicked like on this post, its one of your better posts.
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 07, 2013
Image123:
i clicked like on this post, its one of your better posts.

Thank You bro ! grin

I am not done yet, like someone said, this is a battle we will increasingly take off line to set the captives free from this monster of an institutionalized religion masquerading as Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by ooman(m): 9:42am On Mar 07, 2013
frosbel:

Thank You bro ! grin

I am not done yet, like someone said, this is a battle we will increasingly take off line to set the captives free from this monster called the institutionalized religion masquerading as Christianity.

ehm, frosbel, dont flatter yourself too much ooo!
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 07, 2013
ooman:

ehm, frosbel, dont flatter yourself too much ooo!

flatter ?

Mate, I am not one given to flatter.

It's not about me, there are tens of thousands like me waking up to the horror of the spell we have been under for years , there are also hundreds of thousands of others restless and looking for the real thing.

1 Like

Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by ooman(m): 9:52am On Mar 07, 2013
frosbel:

flatter ?

Mate, I am not one given to flatter.

It's not about me, there are tens of thousands like me waking up to the horror of the spell we have been under for years , there are also hundreds of thousands of others restless and looking for the real thing.

The spell is God.

The real thing is that - there is no God, right?
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 07, 2013
emmasege: Point of correction! Protestants include the anglicans, the baptists and the methodists, and I don't think they belong to the general class u put them. These 3 denominations stand in between the two extremes of the christian faith. I would recommend either of these to anyone who wants to practise the biblical christianity
The catholic church is an established denomination. We all knw d truth. Things of d past during d time of apostles like missionaries are still practiced in the catholic today. Peter left the SEE OF ROME as the head of disciples and thats what I stood on for my faith. Everyone wants to condemn d catholic church why? Jehovah witness, Anglicans, pentecostals, satanists(obama and group) all against one church.. Have u asked urself why?
Re: Men of God Or Gods Of Men? by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 07, 2013
Chukskalidon:
The catholic church is an established denomination. We all knw d truth. Things of d past during d time of apostles like missionaries are still practiced in the catholic today. Peter left the SEE OF ROME as the head of disciples and thats what I stood on for my faith. Everyone wants to condemn d catholic church why? Jehovah witness, Anglicans, pentecostals, satanists(obama and group) all against one church.. Have u asked urself why?

The catholic church is the root of all the evils we are fighting against in institutionalized Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abrahamism Or Celebration Of Barbaric Savagery / Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? / Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.