Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

VB.NET Problem, Printing Receipt With Thermal Printer From Crystal Report. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / VB.NET Problem, Printing Receipt With Thermal Printer From Crystal Report. (8167 Views)

I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net / Vb.net Crystal Report & Dataset / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VB.NET Problem, Printing Receipt With Thermal Printer From Crystal Report. by VURN(m): 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2012
Please help me out on this. My client has requested that the inventory system i developed for her should print customers receipts with thermal printer. I used VB.NET and crystal report for reporting but i dont have idea on printing from crystal report with thermal printer and i have tried googling, no good result. How do i go about this please?
Re: VB.NET Problem, Printing Receipt With Thermal Printer From Crystal Report. by dellnet: 11:10pm On Aug 25, 2012
You should look at PrintToPrinter Method
Re: VB.NET Problem, Printing Receipt With Thermal Printer From Crystal Report. by VURN(m): 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
Thanks alot dell_net for your reply. You have really been of great help to me.
Could you please throw more light on the printToPrinter method. God bless u
Re: VB.NET Problem, Printing Receipt With Thermal Printer From Crystal Report. by csharpjava(m): 9:58pm On Aug 26, 2012
I saw the example below on Microsoft's website, I hope you'll find it useful.

ReportDocument.PrintToPrinter Method:
Public Overridable Sub PrintToPrinter(ByVal nCopies As Integer, ByVal collated As Boolean, ByVal startPageN As Integer, ByVal endPageN As Integer)

Parameters:
nCopies
Indicates the number of copies to print.
collated
Indicates whether to collate the pages.
startPageN
Indicates the first page to print.
endPageN
Indicates the last page to print.

To print all pages, set the startPageN and endPageN parameters to zero.

The following example sets the report's page margins, selects the printer, and prints the report.

Private Sub PrintReport(ByVal printerName As String)
Dim margins As PageMargins

' Get the PageMargins structure and set the
' margins for the report.
margins = Report.PrintOptions.PageMargins
margins.bottomMargin = 350
margins.leftMargin = 350
margins.rightMargin = 350
margins.topMargin = 350
' Apply the page margins.
Report.PrintOptions.ApplyPageMargins(margins)

' Select the printer.
Report.PrintOptions.PrinterName = printerName

' Print the report. Set the startPageN and endPageN
' parameters to 0 to print all pages.
Report.PrintToPrinter(1, False, 0, 0)
End Sub
Re: VB.NET Problem, Printing Receipt With Thermal Printer From Crystal Report. by Kamali(m): 11:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
@OP
After installing the printer,on the crystal report menu, go to page setup and fit the report to the size of the printer.

The rest should be easy for you to do.

Re: VB.NET Problem, Printing Receipt With Thermal Printer From Crystal Report. by VURN(m): 12:17am On Aug 27, 2012
Ok, thank you guys for your quick response. I think i can move on now,

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Flex Developers in Nigeria? / [Project] CGPA Mgt System VB.NET Project: Come In Let's Share Ideas On This / Hackers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.