Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,428 members, 7,808,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Fellow Christians,how Do We Interpret This. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fellow Christians,how Do We Interpret This. (471 Views)

Fellow Christians Please Help Me Out. / Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Christians,how Do We Interpret This. by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 26, 2012
Hello fellow christians,i've been coming across a sentence at virtually every church service i've attended mostly after the sermon,and i need to know the real meaning.
Here is the sentence "pray to God that the word you have heard today will not stand against you on the last day"
does that mean,the pastor or sermoner might have lied and said some things which are not of God or we the 'hearer of HIS word' will suffer on the last day if the former is true.
Re: Fellow Christians,how Do We Interpret This. by delkuf(m): 11:07am On Aug 26, 2012
Simply, the bible say every idle word u say, will use to judge u at the end. So the Pastors are only saying that if wht u've heard u are not puting it to use, it can be use to judge u at the end. so u shld pray that the word will not be use against u. not that the pastor are lying
Re: Fellow Christians,how Do We Interpret This. by lavita2(f): 11:16am On Aug 26, 2012
It's a subtle threat that says, 'obey or face perdition'. Be afraid my friend. Be very afraid.
Re: Fellow Christians,how Do We Interpret This. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2012
lavita2: It's a subtle threat that says, 'obey or face perdition'. Be afraid my friend. Be very afraid.
okay,but its nothing to be afraid of nau

(1) (Reply)

A Poll : / Spiritual And Inspirational E-books Are Available / Christian Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.