Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,466 members, 7,781,350 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:58 PM

CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI - Properties (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI (224868 Views)

PILLING:CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TRIPLET WITH BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI / Construction Process Of A Wing Duplex+flat At Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:55am On Jul 13, 2014
Men at Work

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Scaffolding erection

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Aventures(m): 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
All i can say is waow!!!

When will most Client will be able to afford steal scafold? God Help Us. Amen

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 7:26am On Jul 14, 2014
Aventures: All i can say is waow!!!
When will most Client will be able to afford steal scafold? God Help Us. Amen
abeg don't mind them. All effort to confuse the client otherwise proof abortive. .....

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
segcymoor: Men at Work
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
Block work in progress!

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
segcymoor: Block work in progress!

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
Up next : Roof beam

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Farm1: 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2014
Congrats
What is the height btw floors? Is it upto 3m?
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
Farm1: Congrats
What is the height btw floors? Is it upto 3m?
Thanks Sir. The accepted headroom for high rise is 2.4m to 2.7m but we consider 2.7m
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
Roof beam

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
segcymoor: Roof beam

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
MOORE-DESIGNBUILD LTD
.....we do Structure right!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
Working towards roofing

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 8:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
segcymoor: Good job Segun, my only observation was that your foundation @ the DPC level does not include hardcore which may likely result to crack in the ground floor flab. Except if the foundation thickness is adequate enough.
Secondly, you work without consciousness for safety for you and your workers which is not a professional ethics. All the same a job well done as in the frame structure.

You can contact me for your structural design and professional input in your next project as no man is an island of knowledge.

Mobile: 08035831232
E-mail: handexengltd@yahoo.com

yong_noble:
Hello Segcy.moor

I just came across you thread yesterday and i must commend you on what you are doing, its a fine work.However let me point something out. The foundation you adopted for this project is inverted raft foundation with the raft slab on top. My concern is that why did you use hardcore after sand-filling, considering the fact that your raft slab is reinforced See pics below;
The presence of the hardcore makes your raft slab uniform (i.e its thickness). For example, if your structural engineer designed the raft slab to be 150mm thick, the presence of hardcore would not let you achieve such uniform thickness throughout the slab, this off course has its structural implications.
Secondly, since you are reinforcing the raft slab, you could avoid spending money on filling with laterite, because you raft beams would safely carry the slab without any issues. The only problem with this is that you might not be able to recover your formwork. Nice work though. Your work is very professional.

p.s: Please I'm not trying to criticize your design/method in a anyway. I believe this forum is a platform for us to share ideas and learn from each other. I await your response

segcymoor:
....Good observation, in the first I refer u to critics in my other project just rounded up. Unlike u, the guy ask why I did nt use hardcore(there, I used only reinforecement but no hardcore) However,if you observe the level of casting of d Ground beam, u will see those concrete caster did nt cast to acceptable level, some place ve 300mm above d concrete and according to Structural details, we may cast within 150mm to 200mm. I need to pity the client hence use Hardcore to make up but that doest reduce slab thickness. Bros, I tell u, I ve never spent money like this on foudation(13m) we use pure imported iron throughout even in d suspended slab. 2 trailers(1200) of cements for foundation alone.
Also, u made mention of why neccessity for filling. With due respect I must educate you. This is only acceptable in Pilling or Cellular foundation. However, filling even strenghting raft.....I stand to be corrected.
All the same, thanks for ur compliment!

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hello cleric, I guess you expect me to respond to this. Please do study the tread as I have already attend to it.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 8:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
segcymoor: Hello cleric, I guess you expect me to respond to this. Please do study the tread as I have already attend to it.

No sir, I was actually giving you a cookie grin but earlier on,the system refused to quote you in full so i had to paste all your comments. Hence it is now your full response.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
cleric:
No, I was actually giving you a cookie. grin but the system refused to quote you in full so i had to paste all your comments. Hence it is now your full response.
Anyway, the guy made mention that the foundation may crack as a result of not using hardcore unless the over site conctrete is thick.
He suppose to ve study the depth of the ground slab before making comments.
The basis requirements in ground slab is well reinforcement(like attached picture) people normally put hardcore to safe money on concrete work

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
250 mm depth ground slab considering expected load.
MOORE-DESIGNBUILD LTD
....we do structure right!

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 11:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
segcymoor:
Anyway, the guy made mention that the foundation may crack as a result of not using hardcore unless the over site conctrete is thick.
He suppose to ve study the depth of the ground slab before making comments.
The basis requirements in ground slab is well reinforcement(like attached picture) people normally put hardcore to safe money on concrete work

segcymoor: 250 mm depth ground slab considering expected load.
MOORE-DESIGNBUILD LTD

Very good job. Thumbs up. I am especially impressed with the job done at the estimated cost of delivery.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2014
Hmm...@ Engr. Cleric...lol!
@ Young_Noble
Your analysis here in not too correct, just let us know what type of foundation you are precisely talking about.
Please, check your comment quote/copy and paste again
Good work @ segcymoor....Just work on your safety matters as said by Cleric, Though am aware how challenging it is to manage these workers about safety wares, but let's continue to advocate for it.
cleric:

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
pmil: Hmm...@ Engr. Cleric...lol!
@ Young_Noble
Your analysis here in not too correct, just let us know what type of foundation you are precisely talking about.
Please, check your comment quote/copy and paste again
Good work @ segcymoor....Just work on your safety matters as said by Cleric, Though am aware how challenging it is to manage these workers about safety wares, but let's continue to advocate for it.

Lol...I am no engr. but an accountant. However, on nairaland everyone seems to be an engr. grin

Neways, I think you misconstrued me. I was very impressed with segcymoor's response which was why I gave him a cookie. I was also impressed with his last two posts which elaborated how serious he takes structural design. More so, I am impressed with the fact that despite spending close to 13mil on the foundation alone, the project is expected to be completed with 40 million and sold for 50 million.
I am one of those looking up to God so I am the engr and supervisor of my project. I come to nairaland to learn. By the grace of God, my project is already at the roofing stage.

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hmm... you be my oga @ the top ke....
Well, if am correct segcymoor 40 million is for carcass ooo (if I follow the past write up well).
Good for him but am sure the client is prepared for another form of spending sha?
Well said that you are here to learn, so also every body even the contractor/consultant/project manager/and every what ever you are, learning should be a continuous thing....
cleric:

Lol...I am no engr. grin

Neways, I think you misconstrued me. I was very impressed with segcymoor's response which was why I gave him a cookie. I was also impressed with his last two posts which elaborated how serious he takes structural design. More so, I am impressed with the fact that despite spending close to 13mil on the foundation alone, the project is expected to be completed with 40 million and sold for 50 million.
I am one of those looking up to God so I am the engr and supervisor of my project. I come to nairaland to learn. By the grace of God, my project is already at the roofing stage.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
Work in progress!

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
pmil: Hmm... you be my oga @ the top ke....
Well, if am correct segcymoor 40 million is for carcass ooo (if I follow the past write up well).
Good for him but am sure the client is prepared for another form of spending sha?

Well said that you are here to learn, so also every body even the contractor/consultant/project manager/and every what ever you are, learning should be a continuous thing....

segcymoor, can you kindly comment on the above? Can you share the estimate of this new project? I mean the project with the pix directly above.

Still on the pix above, is it my eyes or the camera angle? The window seems to be smaller at the top and larger the bottom plus where the walls met also seems tilted. counting blocks seems to show everything is order but visually, it looks like convex lens was used as they seem to converge.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
cleric:
segcymoor, can you kindly comment on the above? Can you share the estimate of this new project? I mean the project with the pix directly above.
Still on the pix above, is it my eyes or the camera angle? The window seems to be smaller at the top and larger the bottom plus where the walls met also seems tilted. counting blocks seems to show everything is order but visually, it looks like convex lens was used as they seem to converge.
We signed agreement to deliver this carcass for the period of 6 month for less than 40m. Behold we pay the price! . I guess you understand what I mmean here

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
....and the views it has to do with orientation just like this. Converging I guess

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
Behold! Our concept.

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 8:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
segcymoor:
We signed agreement to deliver this carcass for the period of 6 month for less than 40m. Behold we pay the price! . I guess you understand what I mmean here

Eyha, I feel you.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
cleric:
Eyha, I feel you.
Correct man! I fancy your sense of understanding. Some people will expect you to open all.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 8:47am On Jul 22, 2014
hmm...so interesting here, seeing some political fingers of politicos...lol!
Just kiddding. Meanwhile, what is less than 40million but paying the price? I beg open it please so that some Client wouldn't be misinformed,then we could all learn just as we are here together as either contractor/consultant or even prospective client.
segcymoor:
Correct man! I fancy your sense of understanding. Some people will expect you to open all.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2014
We are about to commence plastering work and roofing simultaneously

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (101) (Reply)

How Large Is 'A Plot' Of Land? / Best Architectural, Interior And Construction Works / Contemporary Nigeria Building Designs By Hafux Consuls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.