Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI (225833 Views)

PILLING:CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TRIPLET WITH BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI / Construction Process Of A Wing Duplex+flat At Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by kopell: 2:36am On Dec 16, 2012
I'm asking this question from what I have seen in the west, most of the houses there have been built over 100 years ago. I can tell you that most of their plumbing systems are outside the concrete wall, they used wood to cover them in case they have any problems. They can easily go through the wood wall and get them fix without chisel any concrete beam or slab which I believe will be costly and time consuming .Please see what I mean with picture illustration below. Please don't think I am challenging your design or your expertise on what you do, I am only sharing my opinion and durability beyond 20 to 50 years to come. Back to my question about leaks again, the plumber here pressurized the entire plumbing system of the building for 24 hours at 40 PSI on the gage, if the drops below 40psi after 24 hours then there is a leak somewhere in the line which must be trace and fix. The same procedure will be repeated again on till the gages stay the same after 24 hours that a pass mark to continue the building.

3 Likes

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:00am On Dec 17, 2012
This is wood slab which is not common here
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 17, 2012
kopell: I'm asking this question from what I have seen in the west, most of the houses there have been built over 100 years ago. I can tell you that most of their plumbing systems are outside the concrete wall, they used wood to cover them in case they have any problems. They can easily go through the wood wall and get them fix without chisel any concrete beam or slab which I believe will be costly and time consuming .Please see what I mean with picture illustration below. Please don't think I am challenging your design or your expertise on what you do, I am only sharing my opinion and durability beyond 20 to 50 years to come. Back to my question about leaks again, the plumber here pressurized the entire plumbing system of the building for 24 hours at 40 PSI on the gage, if the drops below 40psi after 24 hours then there is a leak somewhere in the line which must be trace and fix. The same procedure will be repeated again on till the gages stay the same after 24 hours that a pass mark to continue the building.
these your questions are unnecessary, moor already answered you. What is all these talk about psi, will you agree to pay a plumber with such high level of expertise? Will you agree to pay N10m more just to have expatriates flown in to do your walls and plumbing so that in the future you can easily change faulty plumbing or stick with status quo that is cost effective, within budget and have a labourer cheaply crack your wall to change pipes.

I know you haven't handled renovation or building from your pocket, if you have you won't be using all these fancy terms and procedeurs.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by kopell: 11:43am On Dec 17, 2012
blink182 you're one of those Nigeria that will never think of progress or do things in different way to get different result moreover I am only sharing my opinion with segmoor not attack on insult him. You can see the gentle man reply. Your status quote idea is what pull us back for 53 years, if we still have people that think's like you. Still going to stay in dark for 53 years to come. Have no answers for street guy like you. Stick with your stutus quote and stay in dark...

5 Likes

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2012
blink182: these your questions are unnecessary, moor already answered you. What is all these talk about psi, will you agree to pay a plumber with such high level of expertise? Will you agree to pay N10m more just to have expatriates flown in to do your walls and plumbing so that in the future you can easily change faulty plumbing or stick with status quo that is cost effective, within budget and have a labourer cheaply crack your wall to change pipes.

I know you haven't handled renovation or building from your pocket, if you have you won't be using all these fancy terms and procedeurs.

Nothing wrong in seeking better ways of doing things. @kopell raised some good points. Very likely if the wood slap method is used more and people locally develop the expertise, the cost will come down.

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Aventures(m): 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2012
TroGunn:

Nothing wrong in seeking better ways of doing things. @kopell raised some good points. Very likely if the wood slap method is used more and people locally develop the expertise, the cost will come down.
In a case where client have phobia for conduit piping, there is a simple solution, though it may cost you a little more but not crazy amount per say! Increase your head room, and run all your pipes directly under the soffit of the slab just as shown in the wooden slab pics post by Trogun, then seal it off with any type of ceiling (POP, PVC, etc.) create a manhole at strategic point to access the ceiling for repairs. Externally you create a duct for all the pipes and seal the ducts off with removable fanciful screens so as not deface or affect the aesthetics of the structure.

3 Likes

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by kopell: 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
@ Ventures I can see that you have better Idea on
How the plumbing sytem should be done, no disrespect for secgmoor just sharing ideal to make things better for ourself in future. This forum is place where we can exhange ideas and Lean from one another to make our building industries better one. If we can tolerate one another with constructive and brilliant ideals we can make Nigeria an better place for our childres to come. Thank's for your contribution.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
kopell: blink182 you're one of those Nigeria that will never think of progress or do things in different way to get different result moreover I am only sharing my opinion with segmoor not attack on insult him. You can see the gentle man reply. Your status quote idea is what pull us back for 53 years, if we still have people that think's like you. Still going to stay in dark for 53 years to come. Have no answers for street guy like you. Stick with your stutus quote and stay in dark...
I wasn't even attacking you at least not intentionally. You obviously haven't done anything practically. Its a waste of time talking to you or trying to explain. Moor will understand more.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2012
TroGunn:

truly there is nothing wrong but go and do your research, wood that can withstand such use is more expensive than concrete to start with. Do not take my word for it, go to market and ask for price of hardwood and treatment, remember also that the piping will be laid between the wood and concrete. Sorry o, if you are not a builder you might not understand what I am saying.

Now there is the issue of sub standard materials, putting pipes sold in Nigeria under pressure in the name of leakage testing will only result in micro cracks if not outright destruction of the pipe. In reality, you have shortened the service span of the pipe.

Please let me spare you all the technical details and go straight to the financial aspect. I will spare you details here too but will you accept a decking and pre finishing quotation of 5m or 8m, the difference being cost for making the pipes as is said here?

Also remember this method calls for false walls of some sort, now remember the dimensions would have to be added to the room too. Resulting in more cost. If you think its possible then try selling the idea to a landlord. I will be right here waiting for your feedback. There is a difference between talking things in theory and actual practical application. I live in the practical world where decisions are made fast and accurately, make the wrong decision and it could cost you millions of naira.

2 Likes

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
Aventures: In a case where client have phobia for conduit piping, there is a simple solution,
though it may cost you a little more but not crazy amount per say! Increase your
head room, and run all your pipes directly under the soffit of the slab just as shown
in the wooden slab pics post by Trogun, then seal it off with any type of ceiling
(POP, PVC, etc.) create a manhole at strategic point to access the ceiling for repairs.
Externally you create a duct for all the pipes and seal the ducts off with removable
fanciful screens so as not deface or affect the aesthetics of the structure..
now this is practical knowledge talking, there is even a house being built here on NL with this method. This is what we should be hearing not methods that are not cost effective and practicable in Nigeria.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
DAY 89-91....Casting

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by kopell: 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2012
How things should be done. What we say here will not change the secgmoor client decision
On how he want his job done. My brother, if you can’t listen to other people, ideas or opinions then you have a big problem. Money is not everything, for example the young guy that started Facebook comes up with idea with his friend when they were in school on how change the way school news latter was being distributed, if he didn't listing by then. Maybe there will be no Facebook today!!! GE has been around for more than 100 year before Facebook but today Facebook as money if not more than GE. This is to tell you money came out of ideas, more than your practical world where you make fast decision. Please think beyond your little practical experience that is between Nigeria and learn from others I bet you if you leave Nigeria today to other part of the world. When they give you a blue print of a building project you will be unable to inter print it. Three of us can't be that wrong at the same time!! Pls don't let distract this gentle man from what his doing. I rest my comment.

4 Likes

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Akanniade(m): 7:58pm On Dec 17, 2012
Aventures:
In a case where client have phobia for conduit piping, there is a simple solution, though it may cost you a little more but not crazy amount per say! Increase your head room, and run all your pipes directly under the soffit of the slab just as shown in the wooden slab pics post by Trogun, then seal it off with any type of ceiling (POP, PVC, etc.) create a manhole at strategic point to access the ceiling for repairs. Externally you create a duct for all the pipes and seal the ducts off with removable fanciful screens so as not deface or affect the aesthetics of the structure.

Nice Suggestions you have.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Akanniade(m): 8:08pm On Dec 17, 2012
blink182: these your questions are unnecessary, moor already answered you. What is all these talk about psi, will you agree to pay a plumber with such high level of expertise? Will you agree to pay N10m more just to have expatriates flown in to do your walls and plumbing so that in the future you can easily change faulty plumbing or stick with status quo that is cost effective, within budget and have a labourer cheaply crack your wall to change pipes.

Nothing wrong with concerns raised on pressure testing. 40 psi is less than 3bar. If its going to crack your Pipe when pressure testing, then you should nt be using it in the first place.
Nice work segcymoor keep us updated.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
kopell: Okay Mr pratical you won !!!!! Why are you taking this personae? you have to understand we are only sharing ideas and opinion on how things should be done. What we say here will not change the secgmoor client decision
On how he want his job done. My brother if you can't lesting to other people ideas or opinion then you have a big problem. Money is not every things, for example the young guy that started Facebook come up with idea with his friend when they were in school on how change the way school news latter was being distributed, if he didn't lesting by then. may be there will be no Facebook today!!! GE as being around for more then 100 year before Facebook but today Facebook as money or if not more then GE . This is to tell you money came out of ideas,more then your pratical world were you make fast decision. pls think beyond your lettle pratica experance that is between Nigeria and learn from others I bet you if you leave Nigeria today to other part of the world. When they give you a blue print of a building project you will be unable to inter print it. Three of us can't be that wrong at the same time!! Pls don't let distract this gentle man from what his doning . I rest my comment.

go and learn how to speak English language my friend, I think I have been too polite with you. You are just suffering from inferiority complex. What a wreck you are. I am a knowledge sponge on a certain level and I refuse to take your idea because it is b u l l s h i t in Nigeria. You can't even intimidate me to accept it.

Let me advise you, what happens on nl stays on nl for me, it has no direct correlation with my actual life. You should wake up, some of us are too busy to take internet squabbles serious enough that it affects our offline performance.

I have refused to take your opinion, let it be. It doesn't take or add to you. In short I accept your opinion, it is brilliant beyond brilliant...happy now?

I beg I de go chop starch and Ghana pepper soup with pork meat. Yeah starch with which you stiffen your shirt, we don't joke with it in delta state. Join me if you care.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
Akanniade:

Nothing wrong with concerns raised on pressure testing. 40 psi is less than 3bar. If its going to crack your Pipe when pressure testing, then you should nt be using it in the first place.
Nice work segcymoor keep us updated.
Oh I see.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 7:28pm On Dec 18, 2012
D next floor formwork in progress
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2012
watering and checking of slab work

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2012
work

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
DAY 93

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 11:36am On Dec 22, 2012
Compliment!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2012
of the season!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by jites(m): 11:47pm On Dec 22, 2012
blink182: go and learn how to speak English language my friend, I think I have been too polite with you. You are just suffering from inferiority complex. What a wreck you are. I am a knowledge sponge on a certain level and I refuse to take your idea because it is b u l l s h i t in Nigeria. You can't even intimidate me to accept it.

Let me advise you, what happens on nl stays on nl for me, it has no direct correlation with my actual life. You should wake up, some of us are too busy to take internet squabbles serious enough that it affects our offline performance.

I have refused to take your opinion, let it be. It doesn't take or add to you. In short I accept your opinion, it is brilliant beyond brilliant...happy now?

I beg I de go chop starch and Ghana pepper soup with pork meat. Yeah starch with which you stiffen your shirt, we don't joke with it in delta state. Join me if you care.

Shwoo bros, make una take am easy o, i go like to join you for that starch o but with Ghana pepper soup i never try that before oh, bango soup or owo naim i know o. Anyway, migwo o i salute. i am from Oghara in Delta state
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by jites(m): 11:52pm On Dec 22, 2012
segcy.moor:
of the season!
Mr Segmor, you are doing a fabulous job, i respect you. i am a keen follower and everytime i am reading the cost of your projects i am almost having heart attack lol wow which dey person go fit engage in something like this, its well sha. Honestly, i have never met you but i like your way of doing things and your professionalism. keep up the good work and God bless. Merry xmas and a happy new year in advance
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2012
Bros jites, pls dont be afraid. Actually we spend this on foundation due to d nature of d soil in question. Besides, we are constructing 3 floors so it require careful attetion considering load bearing.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2012
DAY 95

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
Merry Xmas!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2012
Happy Boxing day!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
Compliment of the season!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by waleolu7(m): 1:23am On Dec 28, 2012
Can you tell us what the size of this plot is please?
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
2 plots

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by powersunny: 12:32am On Dec 29, 2012
Hello ppl, i am sorry if my question appear unrelated to this thread, but i know the best brains in the industry aggregate here n i will get an answer. Can you pls advise what the standard regulatory setback for a building is, according to Nigeria building code. i.e distance of a building form the road and the surrounding fences.i look fwd to getting an authoritative answer from the gurus on this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply)

Prices For These Paints / How Large Is 'A Plot' Of Land? / Best Architectural, Interior And Construction Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.