Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target (38880 Views)

Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Bank Employees Must Pay Millions If Sacked Early (2) (3) (4)

Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Reggie234: 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2012
Its a choice, u either loose ur life or ur job. Though its nt easy to be without job or go for lesser pay. But a lost life is gone forever.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by fyneguy: 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2012
Shokoloko: this is the same for a lot of banks including the 'old generation banks' one of the top nigerian banks lost two of its staff who were in charge of atms at their branches. if your atm has a cash out you could lose your job. one was driving and received a call while driving that the cash in his atm had run out. he had a heart attack, verved off the road and crashed into a tree. the second person was going to the office in the night in a flood to load the atm and got washed away by the flood.

You be Saharareporter? lol

but really, this bank issue should be addressed.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by leunamme93(m): 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
chipmunkey: Is hypertension a killer desease?
@topic. More reason why people need to start considering #selfemployed.
totally agree with you.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Lakayana: 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
deluckiest: Na by force? I must to go withdraw my 42M naira deposit with them before dem kill our women finish. Yeye prostitute bank!
You no get even 5kobo for any bank.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by EFFRAKATA: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
The Access Bank that I know are capable of doing worst than the above mentioned....

Government and regulatory authorities urgently need to call Access bank to order b4 this get out of hand.

Its pertinent to note that AIG Imhoukhuede has no regard for Access bank employees!
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by TheGeneral1(m): 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2012
SAD STORRY!!
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Olynkem: 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
Its very unfortunate, this ugly trend cut acroos all the banks in Nigeria.Bankers' are caught in between thier dreams and their job, dont blame the young lady, i hope that other Bankers who see the bank job as thier life will learn from this sad story...they live and foorget that either of these 3 Rs wait for them RESIGNATION, RETRENCHMENT AND RETIREMENT AND NOW S- Sudden death.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by NaijaNaWaa: 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
I just hope that the author of this piece did not finish primary 3. I can't believe that an FSLC holder does not know the difference between "been" and " being".

Anyway, may the soul of the departed rest in peace.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by damola1: 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
Most banks do not know what they are doing, that's why to put people on pressure unneccessarily.

I have banked with Zenith, UBA, now GTB.. and I can tell you, the value GT presents to his/her customer far outweighs what others can, and this has given it a huge edge, even when others use their employees as slaves...
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by victorian(f): 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2012
High blood pressure kills in a flash, if the person involved is not careful of his or her thots or emotions. Its a very deadly condition. Its sad she died , for a job and the bank goes on and everyone moves on..May her soul rest in peace and the Lord give the family the strength to bear the loss.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by tessyade: 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
Enough bad stories from the banking job in Nigeria. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by omosexy1: 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
"Access Bank, we hear, has even gone a step further by buying official cars for some of the ladies who go about in skimpy revealing dresses to seduce high net-worth ‘customers’ to make deposits. " This quote is not true which may make the entire story so untrue. Moreover, there is need to check the reliability of media source. I am yet to know who NEWSACROSS is.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by tlops(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2012
We need a way of protecting employees rights and security at work... I think the law makers need to look into job security issues in Nigeria especially in the banking sector.

In developed countries (at least in the Scandinavia where I studied) no bank goes around hunting for deposits because the fund is already in one bank or another. another problem is that there is too much cash roaming around which encourages such targets. RIP.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by basisop(m): 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2012
deluckiest: Na by force? I must to go withdraw my 42M naira deposit with them before dem kill our women finish. Yeye prostitute bank!

Sisi you no get grin
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by naturalwaves: 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2012
Access bank conducted aptitude tests for outgoing corp members who served with them early this year and I must say that even after passing d test,U av to find depositors to dosit at least 2 million naira collectively,otherwise,no job.My friend had to resolve into begging family members and his parents' friends before he could raise d fund.If fresh recruits were made to go through that,then,one could only imagine what permanent staffs go through.It is unfair to set unrealistic targets for people even at d detriment of their dignity and health.Why are Nigerian managers so perogative and embroiled in power oriented tendecies?They need to be put in order.May her gentle soul rest in peace(Amen).
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by bodeface: 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
This is very terrible.
I wasnt surprised because this has always been ACCESS bank style for so many years, I have friends that worked with access bank in the past that told me that when they were marketer they were given outrageous target and you are asked to do all to achieve it and when the day of giving account comes you are called after one another to the office where their MD and senoir managers were, you are put on the spot and if you did not meet your target they will rain curses, abuse on you and even go as far as stoning you with their shoes.

Many staffs that stood for something leaves while those that do not stand for anything fall for all kinds of things,It's time we all rise against slavery in the name of Job by these institutions that does not value human dignity.

Some other day we will visit the multinationals that are oppressing the nationals working for them while less qualified white brothers are being imported into the country everyday while our brothers are out there qualified and looking for Job in their own fatherland. This alone can provide about 50, 000 Jobs if the Government can look into this critically.

Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by ChibuzoIkenna(m): 7:16pm On Aug 26, 2012
I think am gonna stay on wiv Access for a while longer as a staff.
I staff death confirmed, 6 others unfounded.
RIP.

God does it all!
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Exponental(m): 7:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
Ee don tey naaa!!!
No be today, many of them have lost counts of customers that has graced their private parts.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by UyiIredia(m): 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2012
na wa o! The greed of the Access bank management is now telling on its officials. I think the best thing for them would be to leave the bank. their life is more precious than their salaries.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by mrperfect(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
This is sad for the family.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Toks2008(m): 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2012
This is so so sad. I am weeping in silence.
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by mountainbaba: 7:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
She resignin wud av been beta
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Juzzybabe(f): 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
Ayaaaaah! May her soul rest in peace. But this coperate prostitution no be acess bank alone oooo.Enter skye n Zenith and see sodom wey dey inside bank.woman wey no beautiful or SU na old fashion banks or comunity development bank dey employ dem. Which kind life be ds sef?
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Tjluv: 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2012
acidtalk: Was a gun put in anyone's head to accept the job? If the answer is NO! then you all are all ranting rubbish.
Every career path has its stress and gains and if you feel the stress/risk out weighs the benefits or gains then you resign rather than putting the blame on people who pitied you to keep you from hunger and joblessness.

Create a job for yourself if you think your employer's job is too stressful or risky.

Una no see job una go complain.
Una see job, una go still complain.
Gbam! People should learn to take responsibilities for their own actions and decisions, whatever happened to choice? She had a choice to resign. May her soul RIP
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by NosaHenry(m): 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
The situation in our banking system is getting out of hand. I recently left one of the new generation banks because of this high handedness. I think the federal government should call banks management to order before things go out of hand.
My brother in Access Bank just told me that they have a target to open 40,000 account per annum if you are to remain in the bank. This is pure madness
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 26, 2012

Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by herlew(m): 8:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
So sad we neva hear gud news in nigeria everything na sad....nigeria shaa
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by kokogee: 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2012
RIP to the dead if its true. But the fact remains that targets are not set by gender but targets are same for each grade(male or female). The poster who is a female(and like an average Nigerian lady who wants preferential treatment) is highly bias in her report.She emphasised so much on female marketer as if there are no guys/males in marketing with same targets[i][/i], or is the poster expecting that women should have lower targets than the men they earn same salaries with?

I strongly believe as well that people are paid considerably HIGH salary, hence their choices to die rather than leave the life of luxury and take up jobs that pay less and have rest of mind. If anyone knows that he/she cannot cope with the challenge, it is only reasonable to QUIT the job instead of commiting suicide.

Has anyone asked why do we now have more women(who are suppose to be taking care of the homes) than men in offices these days? Is it that they are more brilliant than the guys?

Aig wife is not working if you must know because he believes women are suppose to take care of homes. But women of today believe that they can do anything men can do.

All I can say is that it is well, but the truth is that it can never be well untill we start doing things in such a way that it will be well
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
Re: 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target by purplekayc(m): 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2012
This post has been hidden grin

Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) / 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder