Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,738 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. (11351 Views)

Money Or Love: Which Is More Important In A Relationship? / To Fall In Love Or Fall Out Of Love Which Is Easier? / Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Michky: 8:59am On Aug 28, 2012
beejaay:
the truth is anything outside of us cannot enhance whats inside us, its only what is inside us that can enhance what outside us thus the use of intuition, intelligence, brilliance and thinking.the truth is all human beings are connected( in 1982 Aspect Experiment in France demonstrated that two once connected quantum particles separated by vast distances remained somehow connected. if one particles was changed, the other will change instantly. curled from the same book "The Power of Now"wink. the question is will i ever love less something that is part of me? if i understand that am connected to all livings, will i ever love them less given the fact that i love myself in an unquantified manner.

this and many more are questions i have been trying to get answered to before God directed the said book to me and since then i have taken up both the Qur'an, the Bible and other Holy Books and i have gained and understand more of what God is/was and have been trying to pass down to humanity, something our spiritual leaders refuse to let us understand if they understood it themselves.
Nice response but sadly you picked the wrong lessons from the books you read or you read the wrong books.
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Michky: 9:22am On Aug 28, 2012
beejaay:
the truth is anything outside of us cannot enhance whats inside us, its only what is inside us that can enhance what outside us thus the use of intuition, intelligence, brilliance and thinking.the truth is all human beings are connected( in 1982 Aspect Experiment in France demonstrated that two once connected quantum particles separated by vast distances remained somehow connected. if one particles was changed, the other will change instantly. curled from the same book "The Power of Now"wink. the question is will i ever love less something that is part of me? if i understand that am connected to all livings, will i ever love them less given the fact that i love myself in an unquantified manner.

this and many more are questions i have been trying to get answered to before God directed the said book to me and since then i have taken up both the Qur'an, the Bible and other Holy Books and i have gained and understand more of what God is/was and have been trying to pass down to humanity, something our spiritual leaders refuse to let us understand if they understood it themselves.
I'll share a bit of what i know right now. During the days of the greek nation, the anthenians gave the melians a choice: submit peacefully to their rule and pay them tribute or get destroyed. The melians completely outmatched by the anthenian army pointd out that the anthenians were not dealing with them justly. The melians hadnt done anything to hurt the anthens or help sparta; they just wanted to keep to themselves. The anthenians retorted: "Get real. There is no right or wrong, only weak and strong. We're stronger than you are, so we can do anything we like. That's how things have worked and always will work". So what's the lesson from this ancient story? There are many lessons in it. But one that i'll like to pick out is: survival is what's most important to human existence before love and as this story clearly points out, If the melians had money, they could have survived unavoidable predators like the anthenians and if love rules the world, the anthenians wouldnt have needed to be that irrational. SURVIVAL IS KING. MONEY IS KING!
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Michky: 9:22am On Aug 28, 2012
beejaay:

Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 28, 2012
In a nutshell pple. Pls be concise & precise. Success or love, which is more important and why?. Make it 1 sentence.
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nayah(f): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2012
Good morning poster
Depends on how you can define "success" for some people having a family is a success while money could be associated to it
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 28, 2012
Morning Nayah... I think I already did that in my first expression.
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nayah(f): 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
richarts: Morning Nayah... I think I already did that in my first expression.
But you what's more important? maybe both? wink
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2012
Michky: Wow, that's really deep. Nice 1 but i still don't get it. Could you shed more light on it plz? hehe

richarts: Mr Brownjay let us hear from you. @ Mickhy u simply av a valid argument with facts but that doesnt make it true u know?. A lot of pple dnt believe what u do.

my point was very clear, how did you guys not understand it...... it all depends on WHAT you value a man's life on. is it money? is it a good job? or is it WHO THAT PERSON IS AS AN INDIVIDUAL.
sadly, in Nigeria, success is automatically assimilated with HAVING MONEY or a GOOD JOB so, many people will quickly tell you that anyone who has money is successful. that is the reason why most people SOLE aim in life is to make money, whether it takes a lifetime or not, their purpose in life is to make money AT ALL COST. they focus SOLELY on making money and disregard anything else in their little lives, like enjoying life, finding a partner, making friends, be passionate about something in life (other than making money of course), have a hobby, etc...... simply because they believe that their life will ONLY start when they make that cheddar....and that before such event, they are sub-humans.
like they saying on my profile states:" dont be afraid your life will end, you should be more afraid that it will never start!"

think about it for a minute.....a man spends his whole life trying his hardest to make some chicken change, day and night that is his whole aim in life. he DOESNT make friends, DOESNT party, DOESNT have a social life, DOESNT have any hobby or passion.....then 10yrs down the line he suddenly becomes rich. do you guys believe that this man should be considered successful?! on what basis if i may ask?!........ do you guys believe that his newfound (goldigging) friends are anything to be proud of? do you guys believe that anyone that suddenly sees him as "attractive now" is worthy of his attention? do you guys believe that going for the first time on holiday NOW will suddenly make his life wonderful? do you guys think that since he focussed on making money for all this time, he will now be able to enjoy it, especially when we all know that no money is ever enough? the sad fact is that anyone who decides that MAKING MONEY is their way out of their misery, will do so for the rest of their lives, and therefore will probably have NO LIFE EVER.

let me give you guys some few examples of what i am talking about......
example ONE: many believe, and would tell you, that "if you need a gf, dont stress yourself with getting to know someone NOW, just get money and then babes will fall at your feet".
now, we all know that making money is only gonna attract the kind of ladies that this person DOES NOT need in his life.....someone that didnt value him when he was poor, but that suddenly values him because he has some stacks of Kobos (or someone that is solely there to SPEND that money this guy just made). so in fact, most men who think like that end up dating women that aint worth it, or get into a position where their life revolves around making money in order to feed the demon that they are dating, in order to pretend to the whole world that they are happy having a partner (aka because he is such a great guy) while it surely aint the case. the only reason that person is there with them is because of MONEY.........so we go right back to my point that this man has money but in fact he has NOTHING much worthy in this life apart from money.

example TWO: most would tell you that "to get married they first need to make money, and the same people who believe this madness would go further and tell you that the definition of happiness IS: being married".
again, it says a lot about someone if they can only evaluate your marriage proposal if you have money.....it also clearly states that if you have none, that person wouldnt marry you (or give you a second look). so it simply tells us all that this person is not marrying you, they are marrying YOUR MONEY, as MONEY is the deal breaker. sadly, this is a social problem bigger than them all because it goes way back, as we all know that the bride price nonsense is not something that was created yesterday. mothers of these same women will tell them that without money, a man cannot marry their daughters, and with money even a donkey could, lol.....so we go right back to my point that these men with money (who marry such low expectation women) have NOTHING worthy in this life apart from money, and a fake sense of happiness due to their phoney marriage.

example THREE: Mister A is rich, lives in a great house on the Island, has a wife and family BUT his job keeps him at work ALL THE TIME. he spends NO TIME with his family and friends because whenever he is home, he is too tired to do anything. he has no time to do any extra activities in his life apart from WORK.....and his family rarely sees him, BUT he pays for everything that is needed for the family. now a poor man will quickly tell you that this man has it going on (solely because he is rich) while in fact this man is VERY poor and money is the only thing he has of value.
to have a family is not a title that you win and hang on to your wall (like a trophy), you have to be PART OF IT, TO CARE for it (other than financially), to BE IT. having a family on paper, yet that family probably dont know who the hell you are is just as good as having NO family at all.....and so we go right back to my point that such man has money but is in fact very poor.........unless of course you guys believe that the love of your family comes from how many Xbox you can give your kids and how many pair of shoes you can buy your wife. and if that's what you guys think then my earlier quote was addressed to you.

example FOUR: a person has all the worst possible character on this God green earth (like abusive/disrespectful/ill-mannered/impolite/dishonest/untrustworthy etc etc etc), yet he has MONEY...... many will be quick to say that this person is successful in life, SOLELY because he has money and can get all the comfort that money can buy. yet money is probably the only thing he will ever have of value, as most wouldnt want to approach him/her thanks to the ill characters that this person possess. sadly many people out there are so desperate for MONEY, that they will gladly settle with such foul person JUST to fulfill their low expectations ambitions.

i could give you examples like that for days, my point is that, IMHO, if you are NOTHING without money, then chances are you will equally be NOTHING with money. yes, you will have a lot of new toys but that will never change who you are as an individual....and therefore if you are shiit as a person, then money CANNOT change that, and if it does then it means that you are just pretending to be who you are not (and therefore nobody should ever judge you for the impersonator that you are)

money is just a tool to get you perks in life, BUT it certainly doesnt change who you are as an individual (character wise).... and if anyone of you value a man's life because of the perks he has, then chances are my earlier quote was addressed to you. you can certainly lose a house, a fortune, a car or even a job position BUT you cant lose HONESTY/TRUSTWORTHY/RIGHTEOUSNESS/KINDNESS etc.......

PS remember, i am not saying that ALL rich men have nothing, i am saying that many men out there have money but nothing else of value in their lives, other than that money.

1 Like

Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by webizone(m): 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2012
beejaay:

If only...
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
Mr Brownjay nice. U totally enlighten me & Nayah im guessin uv nt been reading d earlier posts so dts why ur drifting bak 2 settled posits.
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by alphaman(m): 7:34pm On Aug 28, 2012
Success is most important in all means,becauce if there is succes there will love,but if there is no success there will not be love.
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 28, 2012
Lol @ Alphaman... Ehn ehn?. Na wa o. I wish som1 who is literary inclined can title the write-up.
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
alphaman: Success is most important in all means,becauce if there is succes there will love,but if there is no success there will not be love.

exactly the point i was making in my first example of people who have lost the plot in life.......how can love automatically be there when you have success, but non existant without it?! is success the new breeding ground for LOVE?! just because some golddiggers will be attracted to your money/success, doesn NOT mean that this is LOVE, lol!

obviously, any person who is attracted to you when you are successful, but dont even SEE YOU when you are not, means that your success is what attracted these people to you, NOT your person. so if anyone has the audacity to call that "love", it should simply be love for your MONEY/SUCCESS, and not love for your person (which is what we are talking about here).
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nayah(f): 11:03pm On Aug 28, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

exactly the point i was making in my first example of people who have lost the plot in life.......how can love automatically be there when you have success, but non existant without it?! is success the new breeding ground for LOVE?! just because some golddiggers will be attracted to your money/success, doesn NOT mean that this is LOVE, lol!

obviously, any person who is attracted to you when you are successful, but dont even SEE YOU when you are not, means that your success is what attracted these people to you, NOT your person. so if anyone has the audacity to call that "love", it should simply be love for your MONEY/SUCCESS, and not love for your person (which is what we are talking about here).

That's what I pointed all depended on what people call success
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nayah:
That's what I pointed all depended on what people call success

in good ol' Nigeria, that's either A) being rich or B) having a well paying job/position
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Sanzz(m): 11:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
Hmm! Succez is quite beta bro!
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 4:42am On Aug 29, 2012
Why Sanz?... Besides I already define what success is from the beginning of this thread.
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by everyday: 6:43am On Sep 18, 2012
Success is more important
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by chrisnolo: 11:03am On Sep 28, 2012
Success brings luv,nurtures it,waters it and gives it a soil to grow.Without a conducive environment,can there really be love?
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 28, 2012
^^^^^ what a pile of dung you just wrote, bro. i hope you was just high on some toxic fumes when you wrote the above quote.
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Flygerian1(m): 11:29am On Sep 28, 2012
Which girl is ready to love u wirhout success?
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by richy5(m): 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
Success all D way
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by richy5(m): 1:28pm On Sep 28, 2012
* No money No love
* No girl will ever love a poor Guy
* sucess attract Love In dis world of civilisation
* A girl will Only loved You wen Is less expose or ain't gat opportunity to dumb You for a real rich Guy
* Rich but poor as its being define by Mr.brownjay Is lack of opportunity, Nobody Like to work is ass 24/7 without enjoyment but if u ain't get chance...U will have to Sit and work till you bcom free of dat work
* Try to be successful and everyother thing wud follow and Note dat every species on earth can not be D same
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2012
Flygerian.:
Which girl is ready to love u wirhout success?

one that truly loves you!!!!

@richy:
* No money No love

with ashis and golddiggers, yes you are right!

* No girl will ever love a poor Guy

you have been hanging around too many ashis, pls come back to the real world bro.....many will love you without a dime, yes they are rare BUT THEY ARE OUT THERE.

* sucess attract Love In dis world of civilisation

again, dont be mistaking, success attracts goldiggers and parasites....... nothing else!

* A girl will Only loved You wen Is less expose or ain't gat opportunity to dumb You for a real rich Guy

whatever ashis and goldiggaz are doing is irrelevant here, and you shouldnt take what they do as a reference....
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by richy5(m): 3:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
MRbrownJAY: again, dont be mistaking, success attracts goldiggers and parasites....... nothing else!
Then 90% of the Gurls are Golddiggers and parasites
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by switdick(m): 6:14pm On Sep 28, 2012
It baffles me when peeps bury the truth just to feel good about a mere thing as pleasure"....yeah many peeps here talking about success brings love,only see "love" from a slight angle(the pleasure they derive from girls craving for their success "money" )

How can success" an entity of the physical world only,bring love?...I don't get oo,love is from within,success is attainable by any man with dreams and goals,and knows the ethos of achieving it'.......I don't know the bible well to debate this,but I know for a fact that LOVE is the light,and without the light,we aint seeing shii*t.

If success brings love in your opinion,then you obviously aint getting the right love...lol

More so,success is good,when the basis of it is pure and from a good and reliable source,might give rise to love,but it doesn't quantify being loved and to love,where is the honor in not loving one prior to success and loving that same person when successful? Fake love I'd say'.........love does it for me jor !!!
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 29, 2012
I wish the older folks had access to this site they would have said more on this topic. I mean that are 70 years above... Hmm well people have talked sha, I cant further argue.
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Flygerian1(m): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2012
MRbrownJAY:
one that truly loves you!!!!
If at all there's any, then, believe u me, that "one" is definitely NOT a/from Nigeria.

Long as naija is concern, no naija gal is ready to be with a broke-nyash dude.
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 29, 2012
@richy:
Then 90% of the Gurls are Golddiggers and parasites

lol, NO!!! only that 90% of the girls YOU meet (or know about) are goldiggaz and parasites.

Flygerian.:
If at all there's any, then, believe u me, that "one" is definitely NOT a/from Nigeria.
Long as naija is concern, no naija gal is ready to be with a broke-nyash dude.

and do you know why these particular ladies wouldnt be with a broke aasss Nigerian dude? thats because most Nigerian dudes without money dont believe they are men. they only believe that you are a "real" man WHEN YOU HAVE MONEY. so these men CERTAINLY dont deserve a woman, with such poor mindset (and i dont see why women should settle for these deluded human beings).

this is the hypocrisy of Nigerian men at work once again......... deluded dumb aasss men who believe that "you need money to get love", "make money and you will find love" bla bla, but then turn around and then blame women for wanting to meet a man with money, BWAAAAAAAAAH! i would certainly understand women if most poor men in Nigeria had such low self esteem and insecurity issues like that.
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Flygerian1(m): 4:50am On Sep 30, 2012
MBJ,no matter how good u try to paint naija gals, beleive u me, IT WONT WORK! We naija guys already know them wella so no need for the long talk.
Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 30, 2012
Op, I loved your piece, nice one to attract informative arguments. Below is my own stand on this issue of love & success.

In life, what every man seeks for is LOVE & RESPECT, thats what every man is desperately searching for in life. Now, if a man finds this love before finding success (financial in this context), believe me he may not be a able to find SUCCESS again, y? Becos he has achieved his life goal- being loved.

Quote my words: denial of love (talking about human love) inspires every man to success. what do I mean? If a man is denied love or is constantly turned down by females, he tends to be more success-driven than the man thats always loved by women. The man thats always loved by women irrespective of his broke situation, hardly seek for success & he is always not successful. If u doubt this, use ur head & count some of d successful men u know or heard of, they are often love-starved, hence their motivation to seek for success so as to attract love & respect which is every man's sole aim on earth.

So I would advice u to seek for success first because success brings love.

Again look at it from this perspective. Do u know that a man who has no money, no food, is always unhappy & sometimes hates himself, & so can hardly accept love when it comes. Haven't u heard or seen guys who broke up their loving relationship just becos they weren't satisfied with the girl loving them when they have no money at all? dnt blame such men, cos they themselves dnt even love themselves to now talk of loving or happy to receive love. you need to love yourself first before u can love & receive love, & most often, if a man has no money, he most likely will not love himself, so how then can he accept love or love others?

Love without success hardly stand, take for instance the popular Titanic film, I didnt watch all of it, but cos of its popularity I decided to watch a review of the film, & from what I understood, Rose fell in love with Jerk a poor guy; & how did it ended? Jerk lost his life trying to please Rose. Thats always the case of a poor man loving a woman, it can hardly end well. And remember, Jerk was a hardworking guy out to be a millionaire, & was glad he was going back to America to make money after he won d gamble that won him d Titanic ticket, but d moment he met Rose, & they fell in love, he relaxed & forgot his target in life cos he has achieved what every man is searching for- LOVE, & in the process, he lost his life. Thats to tell u that success should come before love (man vs woman love o pls), & even if u didn't find that woman love in life, u can always get love from other spheres of life.

Finally, the only true love that exist presently on earth is the love God has for us humans, & the love between a mother & child; those are the true loves, others are mere likeness which varies in degree, so pls keep seeking for success, if love will come, it will come ur way while on ur way to success. The guy that told u that we are in a capitalist world, was 100% right, pls think capitalist.

Now, if u truly want to achieve financial success, believe me u can, but are u ready to apply the steps? not just by reading them alone, but practicing whatever u maybe told. See, financial success is easy to achieve if truly u desire it without doubt. First, explore your passions, hobbies, etc, there lies ur wealth tools & talent.

You need to always pay attention on your environment & watch out the needs, & find a way to provide those needs without fear or shame, which is another reason u need to let go of ur search for female love cos some of the things u will need to do to achieve financial success will be shameful, & most females will laugh at u or look down at u while doing those things, so write them off from ur mind & see urself as a rejected person searching for a way to gain acceptance via success. This is the spirit that drives most musicians celebrities- they do things females snare at & see them as fools. so are u ready?

Talk more later, just coming back.

2 Likes

Re: Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 30, 2012
^^^^ bro, I am not trying to paint anyone good or bad, I am just trying to show you where the problem is. I certainly do know that many women in Nigeria are broke aaasss begging goldigging women..... But it certainly doesn't change the facts at hand.

Here is a clue:
- how difficult is it to say no when a girl ask for recharge cards?
- how difficult is it to say NO when a girl demands for BB?
- how difficult is it to say I CAN'T when a gal asks you for school fees?

The day men stop thinking with their dikcs and treat these women like they should, then that's the day we will have a chance at solving the problem. Until then, these women will still beg because there are enough DONKEYS that will pay up, lol!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Most Romantic Thing You Have Done With A Partner / Can U Suck Her Breast For 100 Million Naira?? / Is She Extremely Desperate At 31? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.