Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:40 PM

True Love: What is it? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / True Love: What is it? (5009 Views)

The Dynamics Of Love-What Love Means To A Man And A Woman / If You Had To Dedicate A Song To The One You Love,what Song(s) Would It Be? / If Your Boy Friend Dont Know How To Make Love What Will You Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: True Love: What is it? by abrakson(f): 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2005
true love is
A DURABLE FIRE in the MIND ever BURNIN,NEVA SICK ,NEVA OLD, NEVA DIES,from itself NEVA TURNS.
BUT where my nairalanders can we find these,this is a poem i composed and i like it so much i think it should be the ideal way to love people both naturally and otherwise,love should be unconditional
Re: True Love: What is it? by c0dec(m): 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2005
this thread should be moved to the religion section.

love sucks.
Re: True Love: What is it? by Flint(m): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2005
True love is what remains after all traces of the physical attraction has dissipated.
Re: True Love: What is it? by Greatpeter(m): 11:24pm On Jul 02, 2005
Accepting one as he/she is without any condition attached, shikennah
that is real love for you.
Re: True Love: What is it? by hopy2005(f): 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2005
when one is ready to die for the person he loves. this is a true love.
Re: True Love: What is it? by Kenya(f): 10:39am On Jul 09, 2005
Outside of the religious and spiritual things because we all know that God is the master of Love.

For me Love is what it is. Love is not one thing and it always changes.  It's not always a happy feeling or sad feeling. Sometimes love is strange and we don't understand it.

There are principles for everything and love has them too. I can't name them all but I can tell you what I think. The best love I have experienced with another person was unconditional. Accepting a person completely for who they were no matter what I thought about their life choices.

For me love is duty, respect, honor. I may be missing somethings but this is what comes to mind.
No matter what's going on in life. If you love someone then you will fulfill your duty, you still cook dinner or wash her hair even if you're upset.

No matter what, Love will always bring you to some level of respect for each other even when you're mad. You don't stay mad for too long.

No matter if your partner is laid off and feeling down and the world thinks he's a bum, you still honor, respect and support him and strive to nurture him back into his place even if you are disappointed with him. You don;t look down on him or her.

Also loving some one and being in love with someone is completely different.

Keep it moving
Re: True Love: What is it? by Danasco(m): 10:58am On Aug 02, 2005
What really is this thing called love. How do one know he/she is in love, How is love measured? Can someone please help. I just want to now if mine is love or not.
Re: True Love: What is it? by gina34(f): 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2005
well true love is God like dablessed said[b].unconditional [/b] love.dats true love for u
Re: True Love: What is it? by wetindey: 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2005
Does true love ever die? Years down the line do you still find yourself thinking about your old flame? Is that what true love is? Or is that a form of obsession. What is true and love and does it ever die? Let us know.
Re: True Love: What is it? by casper(m): 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2005
true love no dey die
Re: True Love: What is it? by salako: 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2005
true love is when one chooses to devote oneself to another till death.
Re: True Love: What is it? by Trooper(m): 1:44am On Nov 05, 2005
True love is being there for each other in good and a bad days.....it's not about sex. Holding hands, laughing and crying together and being ready to sacrifice your life for your partner. That's what I understand under true love.
Re: True Love: What is it? by Ib(f): 4:24am On Nov 05, 2005
True love is when u mess and ur guy pretends he cant smell anything!!!!!
Re: True Love: What is it? by c0dec(m): 5:17am On Nov 05, 2005
Ib:

True love is when you mess and your guy pretends he can't smell anything!!!!!

cheesy cheesy ha ha ha ha. e go hard before i fall in love with you.
Re: True Love: What is it? by snazzydawn(f): 11:43am On Jan 18, 2006
errrmmm(clears throat)Mr.Admin..are you in love and you don't know it? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: True Love: What is it? by yemstrad(f): 10:00am On Jan 21, 2006
You surely beat me to this. I had wanted to ask same question.
Re: True Love: What is it? by rilla64: 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2006
Dont even bother about true love, you may end up hurt.
Just let love happen.
Re: True Love: What is it? by gem87(f): 10:44pm On Apr 05, 2006
i think part of it is when i'm very mad at my boyfriend and i just want to yell at him but once he calls i smile a lot n 4get everything and get to tlk abt it later in a more peaceful way
Re: True Love: What is it? by hotangel2(f): 10:45pm On Apr 05, 2006
Re: True Love: What is it? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:57pm On Apr 06, 2006
true love means different things to different people,when i experience it i would tell you the meaning from my own view wink
Re: True Love: What is it? by dachosen1(f): 9:26pm On May 17, 2006
my definition of true love is when u can't live without the other
Re: True Love: What is it? by Cleofel(f): 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2006
my definition for true love is when u love someone soo much that u can never leave without him/her,when 2 people are crazely in love that nothing on earth can ever seperate them.
BUT I DONT BELIEVE IN TRUE LOVE,IT DOESN'T EXIST
Re: True Love: What is it? by gem87(f): 11:25pm On Aug 22, 2006
it does, i'm a livin witness
Re: True Love: What is it? by Cleofel(f): 12:39am On Aug 23, 2006
then u are lucky
Re: True Love: What is it? by segedoo(m): 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2006
omo,
i no kno w o
Re: True Love: What is it? by kokoletz(m): 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2006
Well I wuld say I believe in love but I dnt blieve true love exist. True love is wat make true lover be 2gether no matter d storm in there life till death do them apart, even d other partner alive still feels him/her after death. Like wat Christ do for us and wat we saw in Titanic.
Re: True Love: What is it? by kokoletz(m): 10:05pm On Oct 04, 2006
Well I wuld say I believe in love but I dnt blieve true love exist. True love is wat make true lovers be 2gether no matter d storm in there life till death do them apart, even d other partner alive still feels him/her after death. Like wat Christ did for us and wat we saw in Titanic.
Re: True Love: What is it? by Yusufadeto(m): 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2006
kokolets, i think u wrong true love do exist but u might have ever come across it that what makes u think so, its happens and the partners accept eachother for whom they are without for any material consideration, they will always wnat to be together and will never want to be apart even for a minute because they will miss eachother, no matter how hard the situation they got into, they will always be there for eachother, i believe in true love and my parent has true love that is how i know about the existence of truw love
Re: True Love: What is it? by kokoletz(m): 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2006
My question is this and I will love it if u can stick with d truth if
Re: True Love: What is it? by Yusufadeto(m): 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2006
sure i will, you can ask me any question, will tell u the truth
Re: True Love: What is it? by kokoletz(m): 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2006
My question is this and I will love it if u can stick with d truth if u
Re: True Love: What is it? by Yusufadeto(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2006
To tell u, i have not experience one myself but i know and sure that it exist and that is kind of things that i wnat in my life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is She Pretending To Love Or In Love With Someone Else ? / The Rose Factor! / Does Education Make You A Good Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.