Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri (6865 Views)

Deadly Punch Lands NURTW Ticketing Official In Morgue - Tribune / Gunmen Kill Ex-Policeman’s Parents, Wife And Kids / Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by naijanews898(m): 1:02pm On Aug 27, 2012
GUNMEN at the weekend killed a retired senior official of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). He was shot in front of the New Market, Douglas Road, Owerri. He was later confirmed dead at the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri, where he had been taken to for treatment.

The hoodlums also abducted his wife from the Peugeot 407 saloon car they were riding in and was dumped somewhere. The car was abandoned at the scene and nothing was said to have been removed from it.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, Mr. Vitalis Onugu, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DPO), confirmed the incident but could not give details .

“It is true that a former CBN employee was killed today at the New Market, Owerri, I can not give you the details now,” he said. A source said investigations had begun.

The deceased, was said to have hailed from Emeabiam, Owerri West Local Council of Imo State.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96882:gunmen-kill-cbn-ex-official-in-owerri&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by Businesstools(m): 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2012
The security situation in Nigeria is getting worse by the day.May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by danjohn: 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2012
What is the name of the CBN official?
Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by greall1: 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2012
Inna lahi waina llahi rujuna.
R I P
Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2012
danjohn: What is the name of the CBN official?
cadaver

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by achi4u(m): 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2012
Are they kidnappers?

R.I.P
Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by greall1: 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2012
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un (إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ)
R I P
Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by greall1: 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2012
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un (إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ)

R I P
Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by Biggyd2: 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2012
danjohn: What is the name of the CBN official?

A FORMER Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) director, Chief Charles Nwosu, was yesterday shot dead by gunmen in Owerri, the Imo State capital.
http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php/component/content/article/35-headlines/6985-ex-cbn-director-shot-dead-in-owerri-
Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2012
obadiah777: cadaver
you ar so on point. Where does he live? Mortuary...
Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by ozao(m): 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2012
Actually we are all entitle to our own opinion,d guy might be boarder with INFLATION situation in d country and pple telling him about NEWS causing more hatred on d country situation...(poor security)ABEG make una free d guy jor..."price of garri keep going up"
Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2012
achi4u: Are they kidnappers?

R.I.P
no they are his children

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by kcreal(f): 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2012
@ bbpreye are you for real? or you just want to make fun out of the story.

I was on my way to Nkwerre yesterday, when someone was being kidnapped at Amaraku roundabout, he was attending to a New yam festival/child dedication.
Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by danjohn: 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
Biggyd2:

A FORMER Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) director, Chief Charles Nwosu, was yesterday shot dead by gunmen in Owerri, the Imo State capital.
http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php/component/content/article/35-headlines/6985-ex-cbn-director-shot-dead-in-owerri-

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by vislabraye(m): 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2012
Must garri be the yardstick for measuring the value of an information or news? The contribution you've made how has it affected the price of garri?
Its a pity that these sort of things happen.
Re: Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri by ifyalways(f): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2012
Did they later leave the wife ?

Na wao.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scape-goating Of A Common Man Over N355 Million Fraud By First Bank / Photos Of Girl Who Was Killed After She Went Clubbing With Boyfriend / Yahoo; Students Shocked After Money Started Falling From Man Body In Uniben(pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.