Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview (24171 Views)

Things Never To Say In A Job Interview / 9 Things You Should Never Say In A Job Interview / 13 Things You Should Never Say In A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2012
slightlyMad:
Is your profound idiocy innate or did you work hard to achieve it?

U're a big fo,ool
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by DonaldGenes(m): 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2012
skydeep: Let me add a point. When your employer ask you how much they can pay you this is what you should reply
" I heard your organization is fair to their employees in terms of stipends, therefore pay me based on my qualification or pay me what you think is best for my position"
should i peck you or qive you a pat on the back for this salient drop line uhh?
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by klexy04: 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2012
@OP....very educative info shared
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by tunapawizzy: 4:42pm On Aug 27, 2012
hammedkola: When i went for my interview, i was not nervous at all..I was very confident and even smiling in front of my interview.
in front of ur interview? wait did u get d job?

1 Like

Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by Delfino: 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2012
@ Mukina2,
Thanks for sharing this lovely piece.
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by Delfino: 4:57pm On Aug 27, 2012
skydeep: Let me add a point. When your employer ask you how much they can pay you this is what you should reply
" I heard your organization is fair to their employees in terms of stipends, therefore pay me based on my qualification or pay me what you think is best for my position"

This line, if constructed the way you have just put it, can never get you a worthy salary.

You should know your worth and be ready to convince anybody that you are really worth that !!!

2 Likes

Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by joeyfire(m): 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
I agree with you on this. I've been on interview panels where people have been dropped from the reckoning for failing to disclose what they were earning as at the date of the interview.though the emphasis varies from case to case
don buchi: do you guys think point 5 is workable in this part of the world?
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by Koolking(m): 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2012
Item 5 is not tenable in well structured organisation. I mean in organisation where remunerations are fixed for a certain position. No matter how much you under-price or over-price yourself, provided you are fit-in the position you will be treated with what has been the company's policy on remunerations. It actually happened to a brother who is very good at what he does. He under-priced his worth because he needed the job desperately. Fortunately, he was hired and paid quadruple (with a car) of what he negotiated, reason being that his position has a salary base which is subject to yearly review. The guy was held spell-bound by that revelation.

1 Like

Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by YINKS89(m): 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2012
dis can also help lyk
wah did u say

i 4got ma certificate @ hm

oga ur mouth is smellin

i had first class dats arrogance
nd lastly im d best person 4 dis job

2 Likes

Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2012
Ctrl A, Ctrl C, Opens notepad, Ctrl V, Ctrl S, Close notepad. grin
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by phyl123: 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2012
Ozegbe: aren't you guys tired of all these 10 things, 15, 23 or 5 things you should say, dont say, do or dont do in an interview?
the only one thing i have learn so far is that, in any interview you go just be confident and speak correctly.
Dont ever get addicted to all these kind of craps, they get in your way when trying to present your speech.
JUST BE YOURSELF and remember all interviewers are not thesame and moreover they know all these things better than you.

I agree with you 100%. I once threw away a very good job opportunity because of all this after reading some interview technique ****. Every job is different, what most employers want to know is if you can do the job, your personality and if you have the right qualification. So just be yourself.
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by donvinchi: 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2012
DonalĂ° Genes:
should i peck you or qive you a pat on the back for this salient drop line uhh?

Imagine, I had to copy it.
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:10pm On Aug 27, 2012
Very informative piece. Thks
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by onyxo76(m): 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2012
these are very good tips considering that most of our graduates now are so used to saying lots of irrelevant things when asked a simple question.eg 'its like..., and so on..
if i may add, please keep your blackberry away while being interviewed, i have seen so many young men and women being in my presence while conversing and looking at their phone screens at the same time.
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by aieromon(m): 11:43pm On Aug 27, 2012
I don't think point 5 applies to most organisations because these days,you can be asked about your present salary on their application forms. It shouldn't be a big deal answering the question and it doesn't undermine your profiency.
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 28, 2012
wat bout english? some ppl dnt knw wen to use plural or singular subjects with the right verb.

1 Like

Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by iph0neb0t: 4:19am On Aug 28, 2012
Ozegbe:

aren't you guys tired of all these 10 things, 15, 23 or 5 things you should say, dont say, do or dont do in an interview?
the only one thing i have learn so far is that, in any interview you go just be confident and speak correctly.
Dont ever get addicted to all these kind of craps, they get in your way when trying to present your speech.
JUST BE YOURSELF and remember all interviewers are not the same and moreover they know all these things better than you..

^^^^^ that there is the right thing to do..
no be follow follow we dey for naija
forge ur path with confidence...
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by curtain: 6:21am On Aug 28, 2012
bbpreye:

U're a big fo,ool
He was only trying to asses the extent of damage garri has done to ur brain, cos it seems garri gets u drunk.
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by waniliew: 8:22am On Aug 28, 2012
do you guys think point 5 is workable in this part of the world?[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by drnoel: 8:40am On Aug 28, 2012
coined from yahoo yesterday
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by inice(m): 8:59am On Aug 28, 2012
mukina2:

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/blogs/profit-minded/never-five-things-job-interview-195443795.html?page=1

I said N15000 honestly but when I was asked the amount I would like to be paid. I said, N70000. In the long run I was not turned down but got the job.
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by Dubemkelly(m): 10:14am On Aug 28, 2012
Above all,u gonna be urself,be bold n confident,dress smartly,hv a gud look,ur respond 2 da 'pull n push' aspect of d door, ur sitting position,wen u walk in,u don't sit down unless u r asked 2 do so, add 'sir or ma' 2 any response u make 2 ur employer,don't laugh like a mad person wen hilarious jokes r cracked,a lil smile wud do....Wit gud disposition da job z urs
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by dramaqueen1(f): 10:15am On Aug 28, 2012
grin ;
mukina2:

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/blogs/profit-minded/never-five-things-job-interview-195443795.html?page=1
This is the way forward..I just learnt sometin positive today nice one mukina grin
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by adeoluwaeboni: 10:27am On Aug 28, 2012
Whoa I really gained 4rm dis...nice1
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by disc20: 11:30am On Aug 28, 2012
Those points elaborated above will help a lot of people in getting their jobs. I will advice job seekers to pay attention to those tip because no one can tell what will act as a leverage to winning or getting your dream jobs. That was nice tips from the moderator. For more of this and more visit the link:
[url]latestjobsinfo.com/search/label/Job%20Search%20Tips[/url]
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by Andy1985ng(m): 11:31am On Aug 28, 2012
God bless you Mukina2 for this... At last, some sanity on the front page
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by ndcide(m): 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2012
Delfino:

This line, if constructed the way you have just put it, can never get you a worthy salary.

You should know your worth and be ready to convince anybody that you are really worth that !!!

most times its not as easy as you've said. considering that you have others waiting at the lounge waiting to be interviewed for that same position. you never know , playing safe may help.
secondly salary expectations sometimes determines if you'd get the job or not. The fact remains that there are no strict rules to answering interview question. its neither here nor there. all one need is favour. when the interviewer likes you, you get the job. if not you will not.

imagine you interviewing 3 first class graduate with equal exposures and equal competences and ability, you just have to pick one of them. at that point you'll pick the one you like.

sometimes there are no wrong answers in real interview especially when both parties know what they are doing.
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by Richy4(m): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2012
slightlyMad: Is your profound idiocy innate or did you work hard to achieve it?[/quote]
your name is really funny.i just want to advice that you do not respond to any silly remarks next time. it will only earn you an insult. some in this forum are just 13-15 year old learning how to flex their fingers on key board in a #5 internet cafe.
Re: Five Things To Never Say In A Job-Interview by Godking74: 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
Wow!,nice tips I must say @ poster.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BW Offshore Job / NRC Oral Interview / I Just Received NNPC 2019 Recruitment Invitation (who Else Is Shortlisted)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.