Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS (13497 Views)

Lagos State Ministry Of Youth And Social Development Empowerment Program / Lagos State Is Recruiting For Primary School Teachers / Ministry Of Defence And Nig Immigration Who Pays Beta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by sweetjummie(f): 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hi nairalanders, please who knows the entry level salary for bsc holders at Lagos state ministries and Lagos State Internal Revenue Service, a friend of mine needs to make a decision as regards which one to pick, tanks and God bless
Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by missdharmie(f): 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
It is about 68k in LIRS. Pls how did this person apply?
Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by FindOut(m): 12:20am On Sep 13, 2012
B.Sc = level 8 = roughly around 58k per month *quite annoying*

if your friend is looking for stability/job security and isn't all so crazy about the money, I advise Ministry i.e. the civil service proper. LIRS is just too overcrowded with politicians and Obas kids

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by FindOut(m): 12:27am On Sep 13, 2012
missdharmie: It is about 68k in LIRS. Pls how did this person apply?

Not sounding pessimistic or discouraging you but you can only get into LIRS if
1) you know a 1st class or 2nd class Oba or politician or top civil servant
2) you know Fowler (the chairman).

there are always exceptions tho, but i assure you those exceptions are very few.

the state civil service is currently recruiting tho. This one too, you have to know "someone". Again, there are few lucky exceptions, but then things might be different, so no harm in trying.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by sweetjummie(f): 8:15am On Sep 14, 2012

My friend said she did not apply, she said that she knows an Oba in Lagos
Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by sweetjummie(f): 8:27am On Sep 14, 2012
@find out, thanks for ur response, as regards what you said concerning getting an emploment with LIRS or Lagos state civil service, ur so correct about those "2" points, I myself have been trying by best to enter LIRS but people having to telling exactly what u said

@find out, pls apart 4rm the LIRS salary of 68k, do u have an idea if there are other allowances and bonuses paid, will it be worth it to leave a bank job and join LIRS, Thanks
Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by FindOut(m): 9:24am On Sep 17, 2012
sweet_jummie: @find out, thanks for ur response, as regards what you said concerning getting an emploment with LIRS or Lagos state civil service, ur so correct about those "2" points, I myself have been trying by best to enter LIRS but people having to telling exactly what u said

@find out, pls apart 4rm the LIRS salary of 68k, do u have an idea if there are other allowances and bonuses paid, will it be worth it to leave a bank job and join LIRS, Thanks

Not sure about any other allowances o. Tho i hear if you are at the head office in Alausa, u MAY be getting some ''something something'' sometimes (maybe ''weekend money'' from ur boss n other stuffs like that). Oh, & i think u get a birthday cake each year too!lol.

Well, leaving bank for LIRS. Its a tricky question. Coz some people live LIRS to the banks & some leave banks to LIRS (despite the attendant drop in pay). It all depends on what you want in life & what your career goals are. I'll try to answer this d best way i can.

1) Most banks pay more than LIRS for entry level. If you intend to continue working in an organisatn for a long time (i.e. You dont have foreign MSc plans or wish to start up a business), then i say go to LIRS.

2) If you are enjoying a relatively OK salary at the bank & u r saving a lot of it, u are njoying the job & u have a concrete back up plan should d bank decide to lay u off (can happen anytime), then you might stay.

3) If you are married & ur hubby is making some decent cash, then just go to LIRS. U'll know the value when u start having kids.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by captalex(m): 6:12pm On Nov 07, 2012
Do you work there,
and how did you get in?
Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by missdharmie(f): 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
captalex:
Do you work there,
and how did you get in?
No i don't work there but i know a lot of folks there. If you can get any highly placed politician to refer you or a letter from an Oba, u are good to go
Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by Otunbafasybrown: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2014
@missdharmie you correct
Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by braine(m): 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
Do they still do the 'reference' thingy? And what's the allowance like?
Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by 234GT(m): 12:09am On Nov 01, 2014
My question and anger is what happens to those who don't know an oba or politician?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by braine(m): 9:03am On Nov 01, 2014
234GT:
My question and anger is what happens to those who don't know an oba or politician?

Lagos state kinda gives its indigines priority over others. So when you're refered by an Oba, you get accepted. You can imagine the number of refered candidates, and that won't even give room for normal recruitment.
Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by yusufalabi: 7:10am On Feb 03, 2016
na wao all this man no man issue GOD will help us
Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by yusufalabi: 7:14am On Feb 03, 2016
please who know about the Lagos traffic officer in terms of pay and promotion
Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by nurez305(m): 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
Please does anybody know the salary of entry level graduate for LIRS as at 2016.

Pleas very urgent
Re: Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS by Saperp(m): 8:00am On Sep 04, 2021
Enroll with ERP Software Management for your CIPS training from Certificate to Diploma Qualifications. Your Accredited CIPS Study and Exam Centre.
Contact us for CIPS training, Procurement and Supply Chain advisory.
Email: admin@erpsm.co.za

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Cope When Sacked? / How To Pass Personality Tests / Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.