Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,273 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Do You Believe In Destiny? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Destiny? (1128 Views)

Do You Believe In Destiny? / Do U Belive In Destiny / I Don't Believe In Destiny. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Destiny? by sholay2011(m): 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hello. I am by God's grace a christian. I just read about one Pastor's encounter with our Lord Jesus Christ and the revelation of heaven and hell that was shown to him. After reading, I fell into a deep thought about those things I'm currently doing that were maybe mentioned amongst acts that could get one to hell.
Then something came up- I know God is an omniscient God and also wishes us the best because we all know his plans are good and not for evil to give us an expected end.
So, this begets my question of 'does God already know those that would end up in hell, no matter who they are now, maybe pastors, elders, prostitutes or a pope?'
Are people destined to go to hell or heaven right from their creation?
If not, then what should we say about Judas in the bible? If he didn't betray Jesus Christ, would He have been crucified, dying for us? Though, his role was evil in nature but maybe he was fulfilling purpose or something.
Then I remembered God's purpose is always for good and not evil; but if one's destiny is not to fulfill his or her actual purpose?
We hear of pastors going to hell or prostitutes repenting at the die minute and going to heaven...some say they changed their destiny...but what if their destiny was to alter the already-destiny they had supposedly? I am confused.
I believe in destiny but the best thing I think I can do for myself is to though acknowledge its existence but never put into reasoning while acting because it may limit one's personal efforts in solving life problems. (Don't be surprised, some 'religious' Nigerians have termed the boko haram impasse as Nigeria's destiny.)
I ask myself again, why does God still allow people to give birth in places the gospel may never reach before they die and that may not be an excuse in heaven?
Then, I remember the word 'grace' which has been bestowed on people that have heard the word.
Or why did God just prefer Jacob to Esau from the womb, without any reason stated? So, is that Esau's destiny right from the onset?
Apostle Paul said, then potter can do anything with the clay...whether to mould a fine cup or a spoilt basket...so I can't question God.
I just pray he moulds me into a vessel unto honour and shapens my destiny as that of a man after his own heart.

Back to the topic, what's your take on 'destiny'?
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny? by Kslib(m): 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2012
Well, i believe in destiny... But i don't use it as an excuse to be lazy,or just sit down doing nothing and singing "it is my destiny"..........
I also believe most crucial actoins,decisions we take in life affects our destiny..eg.. A stubborn child who refused to listen his parents advice on rough driving ended up in a ghastly motor accident and died. You see he fulfilled his destiny by being stubborn...
ok, lets assume he listened,that single action would have changed his end point not his destiny....I believe destiny cannot be changed,cos GOD knows that he will listen..
IN SHORT... Those people who think that they changed their destiny,or that it can be changed,are wrong... DESTINY cannot be changed that's why it's called destiny.. GOD knows evrything...he also knows the actions you and i will make,be it "good or bad",that's why we have freewill,to choose our destiny and final destination..
Note: You are solely responsible for your destiny..GOD knows your destiny,cos he knows how you'll use your freewill before you were born....
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny? by GodsWord2(m): 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2012
Hmmmmmm...Jacob have i loved. Esau have I hateth. (remember, God said this before the both of them were born. They were in the womb then.)....its not of him that willeth nor of him that runneth but of God that showeth mercy for I'll have mercy on whom i'll have mercy and compassion on whom I'll have compassion.-this should settle the case of Jacob and Esau.

Romans 8vs14 says, ''for as many that are led by the spirit of God, they are the sons of God''. Life is a choice. We have the right to choose. Don't put your mind on destiny. Your destiny is in your hands. Whatever you want to become, you can become as long as you're ready to work for it. God's ways are not our ways. God doesn't reason the way you reason. Put your mind at rest. Life is a choice. The steps of a good man are ordered by God. Put God in charge of your life and watch HIM lead you. Don't be lazy.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Destiny? by Master6(m): 10:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
Destiny conflicts with free choice.

Having a destiny laid out in front of u means u dnt have any freedom over the outcome of ur life, so it eliminates d free will we enjoy.

so, i do not believe in the concept of destiny.
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny? by CrazyMan(m): 12:16am On Sep 01, 2012
sholay2011: Hello. I am by God's grace a christian. I just read about one Pastor's encounter with our Lord Jesus Christ and the revelation of heaven and hell that was shown to him. After reading, I fell into a deep thought about those things I'm currently doing that were maybe mentioned amongst acts that could get one to hell.
Then something came up- I know God is an omniscient God and also wishes us the best because we all know his plans are good and not for evil to give us an expected end.
Yea true God wishes us to have an expected end...I agree with you here.

sholay2011:
So, this begets my question of 'does God already know those that would end up in hell, no matter who they are now, maybe pastors, elders, prostitutes or a pope?'
Are people destined to go to hell or heaven right from their creation?
I believe that we're all inhabitians of a sinful world...in

Romans 5:23 it said  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Now compare this verse to

Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now from the second passage, we're told that the wages of sin is death...and the first passage has clearly told us that we're all sinners.

So if we're all sinners, and the wages of sin is death, then I believe its right to say that we're all destined for death and hell, not minding your social status which may include you being a pastor, a pope, an elder, a prostitute...But this can be reversed if we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and saviour.

And that was the reason he came to earth. He came to change that destiny. So once you accept him, your destiny of a condemned life is automatically change to a destiny of an everlasting life.

John 17:1-3  After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
"Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

sholay2011: If not, then what should we say about Judas in the bible? If he didn't betray Jesus Christ, would He have been crucified, dying for us? Though, his role was evil in nature but maybe he was fulfilling purpose or something.
Judas entire role in christ's ministry on earth, was to fulfill the prophecy of the prophet Jeremiah...therefore every thing he did, had to be done in order that the scriptures might be fulfilled.

Matthew 27:7-10 So they decided to use the money to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners. 8 That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day. 9 Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty pieces of silver, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."

So the idea of if he didn't betray Jesus should be ruled out, because Jesus himself knew that without a Judas, his mission on earth would be incomplete.

sholay2011: Then I remembered God's purpose is always for good and not evil; but if one's destiny is not to fulfill his or her actual purpose?
We hear of pastors going to hell or prostitutes repenting at the die minute and going to heaven...some say they changed their destiny...but what if their destiny was to alter the already-destiny they had supposedly? I am confused.
I believe in destiny but the best thing I think I can do for myself is to though acknowledge its existence but never put into reasoning while acting because it may limit one's personal efforts in solving life problems. (Don't be surprised, some 'religious' Nigerians have termed the boko haram impasse as Nigeria's destiny.)
I ask myself again, why does God still allow people to give birth in places the gospel may never reach before they die and that may not be an excuse in heaven?
Then, I remember the word 'grace' which has been bestowed on people that have heard the word.
Or why did God just prefer Jacob to Esau from the womb, without any reason stated? So, is that Esau's destiny right from the onset?
Apostle Paul said, then potter can do anything with the clay...whether to mould a fine cup or a spoilt basket...so I can't question God.
I just pray he moulds me into a vessel unto honour and shapens my destiny as that of a man after his own heart.

Back to the topic, what's your take on 'destiny'?
Since you're already a christian, I would recommend the whole book of Romans to you...if I begin to post step by step replies to your questions here, I wouldn't be done by day break.

Therefore, since you're not an atheists like some of my brethren here (may God change their hearts), I would suggest that you to take you time to read the whole book (Romans) I believe it would grant you most of the answers you seek.

Good luck.
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny? by GodsWord2(m): 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
CrazyMan:
Yea true God wishes us to have an expected end...I agree with you here.

I believe that we're all inhabitians of a sinful world...in

Romans 5:23 it said  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Now compare this verse to

Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now from the second passage, we're told that the wages of sin is death...and the first passage has clearly told us that we're all sinners.

So if we're all sinners, and the wages of sin is death, then I believe its right to say that we're all destined for death and hell, not minding your social status which may include you being a pastor, a pope, an elder, a prostitute...But this can be reversed if we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and saviour.

And that was the reason he came to earth. He came to change that destiny. So once you accept him, your destiny of a condemned life is automatically change to a destiny of an everlasting life.

John 17:1-3  After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
"Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Judas entire role in christ's ministry on earth, was to fulfill the prophecy of the prophet Jeremiah...therefore every thing he did, had to be done in order that the scriptures might be fulfilled.

Matthew 27:7-10 So they decided to use the money to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners. 8 That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day. 9 Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty pieces of silver, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."

So the idea of if he didn't betray Jesus should be ruled out, because Jesus himself knew that without a Judas, his mission on earth would be incomplete.

Since you're already a christian, I would recommend the whole book of Romans to you...if I begin to post step by step replies to your questions here, I wouldn't be done by day break.

Therefore, since you're not an atheists like some of my brethren here (may God change their hearts), I would suggest that you to take you time to read the whole book (Romans) I believe it would grant you most of the answers you seek.

Good luck.
wow, vry correct.

(1) (Reply)

Words Of Wisdom To The Believers Alone. / Why Are Christians Been Attacked All Over The World / First Sunday Of The Month:how Many Times Have You Opened Your Bible This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.