Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? (15797 Views)

Yoruba Vs Hausa Fight In Mile 12, Lagos (Photos) / #PHOTO Boko Haram Fights With Snakes. / Educational Qualifications: Yoruba Governors Vs Igbo Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by nduchucks: 2:09am On Aug 28, 2012
Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights Have Become Embarassments To The Rest Of Us

If is is not an Awo thread opened to bad mouth Yorubas, it is an Ojukwu thread designed to do the same to the Igbos.
If it is not a thread about armed robbers and kidnappers in Igboland, it is a thread about a Yoruba man who has killed his wife in a horific manner.

Enough of the crap, you people have become an embarassment to the rest of us. The funny thing is that I do not know a single Igbo man in real life who habours so much hatred for Yorubas or a Yoruba person with similar amount of hatred for Igbos. The Igbos I know want the same out of life and Nigeria as the Yorubas i.e. the betterment of Nigeria and a brighter future for their children.

The childishness is getting old and I appeal to you all to cut the crap.

40 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Obiagu1(m): 2:14am On Aug 28, 2012
ndu_chucks: If is is not an Awo thread opened to bad mouth Yorubas, it is an Ojukwu thread designed to do the same to the Igbos.
If it is not a thread about armed robbers and kidnappers in Igboland, it is a thread about a Yoruba man who has killed his wife in a horific manner.

Enough of the crap, you people have become an embarassment to the rest of us. The funny thing is that I do not know a single Igbo man in real life who habours so much hatred for Yorubas or a Yoruba person with similar amount of hatred for Igbos. The Igbos I know want the same out of life and Nigeria as the Yorubas i.e. the betterment of Nigeria and a brighter future for their children.

... and who told you Igbos don't resent Yorubas in real life? They are not Nigerians and they should go.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Charlesnerd: 3:54am On Aug 28, 2012
@Post

I agree 100%.Its becoming rather boring and stupidd and I think the moderators and owner of this forum tacitly gives support to such idioticc threads either because they enjoy it,or because it drives profit for them, due to the huge passionate followership such threads generates.The latter looks more plausible.

Some impressionable peeps here take tribal bashing seriously without realising that the originators of such thread actually do it for fun and would still sit over a bottle of beer without breaking bottles on each others head;tribal bashing could just be a way of having a good laugh and relieve stress after a hard day.

Some usernames here have become synonymous with tribal bashing that readers are always inclined to see their comments from a tribal point of view,even when it is not.Some have even degenerated to pathetic incurable levels that it has become an involuntary reflex .I can imagine some peeps here shouting IGBO!!!! or YORUBA!!!! in their sleep only to wake up to find they were just dreaming.Its that bad!!!

15 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by EkoIle1: 4:36am On Aug 28, 2012
I wonder why people open these silly threads. Log off NL and don't return if NL abi any topic dey embarrass you..

Get over yourself, it's not by force to remain on NL. Take your a..s..s to where they wont embarrass you. Try christianmingle.com

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by dasparrow: 4:52am On Aug 28, 2012
Eko Ile: I wonder why people open these silly threads. Log off NL and don't return if NL abi any topic dey embarrass you..

Get over yourself, it's not by force to remain on NL. Take your a..s..s to where they wont embarrass you. Try christianmingle.com

You know it's a silly thread yet you respond to it rather than ignoring it. Why are you such a bitter individual? Na wa for cyberspace!

Charles.nerd:
@Post

I agree 100%.Its becoming rather boring and stupidd and I think the moderators and owner of this forum tacitly gives support to such idioticc threads either because they enjoy it,or because it drives profit for them, due to the huge passionate followership such threads generates.The latter looks more plausible.

Some impressionable peeps here take tribal bashing seriously without realising that the originators of such thread actually do it for fun and would still sit over a bottle of beer without breaking bottles on each others head;tribal bashing could just be a way of having a good laugh and relieve stress after a hard day.

Some usernames here have become synonymous with tribal bashing that readers are always inclined to see their comments from a tribal point of view,even when it is not.Some have even degenerated to pathetic incurable levels that it has become an involuntary reflex .I can imagine some peeps here shouting IGBO!!!! or YORUBA!!!! in their sleep only to wake up to find they were just dreaming.Its that bad!!!

I know! Just terrible.

ndu_chucks: If is is not an Awo thread opened to bad mouth Yorubas, it is an Ojukwu thread designed to do the same to the Igbos.

Lately, it's been really bad on nairaland with the tribal bashing. A thread cannot even be created without ethnic bigots infiltrating the thread. Sadly, you have Nigerians like the ones here on nairaland who are extremely bigoted in real life. This is one of the reasons why I keep Nigerians at bay here abroad. I can't just imagine having to deal with racism from whites, akatas and then tribalist Nigerians on top of that. That will be too much hateraid to have to deal with. Good luck to Nigeria as a country because with many of her citizens fighting and hating each other unnecessarily, I don't see how the country will progress.

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by bashr8: 5:07am On Aug 28, 2012
who cares let the hate continue, the sooner our youths and children know we are dont like them and they dont like us the better for everybody, i say split nigeria northerners can have yorubas all to themselves.i have already started using nairaland as references for some naive igbos that think everybody is their friend as long as the person is nigerian.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by EkoIle1: 5:24am On Aug 28, 2012
dasparrow:

You know it's a silly thread yet you respond to it rather than ignoring it. Why are you such a bitter individual? Na wa for cyberspace!

Keep quiet, it's a public forum and I'll post where ever I want. It's my choice to ignore or not, not yours...

Get over your sanctimonious sermon and go find another forum that suits you.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by sheyguy: 6:07am On Aug 28, 2012
The OP would av made a lot more sense if he had admitted folks on NL tend to take on the Yoruba race and abuse them and their culture anytime they come accross posts they feel are aimed at Igbos one way or the other more than it does the other way round. I used the example of Igbos going after percieved Yorubas cos 95% of such attack between Igbos and Yorubas originates from what we av come to know as Igbo ID on Politics section, NL.
My 2 cents is - Yoruba is not the opposite of Igbo, they don't even share common border or boundary and, don't have nothing in common but Nigeria and survival struggle.

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by PaulJohn1: 8:05am On Aug 28, 2012
Seriously, I'm fed up with it too. embarassed
It doesn't speak well of any of us to other people who visit this site.
Afam4ever made a post yesterday on one the front page thread, wanted to quote it here but it has be hidden. I think it about peoples post here affecting him emotionally. I felt for him yesterday while going through that thread. I imagined what prompted him to post such a thing, I guess he has been pushed to the wall. Same goes with one and everyone of us. Although some of us might not show it here on NL, but it's just the truth. Seriously, I think we should respect ourselves.

Also, I don't know what those mods are doing, because it's getting so obvious that they're promoting tribalism. If it's to bring traffic, then I think there are better ways that can be done. You people(mods) have the power to curb this, but you don't use it wisely. It's getting boring already. I only don't want to mention names, there are some I'd that shouldn't be existing again, but are still roaming around doing what they know best(tribalism).

It'll be great if after this thread we see meaningful adjustment in the way we(Yoruba and Igbo especially) address ourselves on this site. Because this is not the first thread to be opened on issue like this, but all to avail.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Biggyd2: 8:41am On Aug 28, 2012
The trend is horrible, to say the least. The hate on some of those threads can chill one's bones if one is not careful. I even read one yesterday who said he/she never bothers to hide the hatred he/she harbors for the other tribe in real life. So you can imagine, what will happen if this person is in an office and they are supposed to render services to a person from a tribe that he "hates". What is the state of the bile of these people? They wake, sleep and eat hate for each other! undecidedHow do they manage to function after expending such energy hating their fellow man? People are talking about how to get the country moving and others are busy getting the country consumed in hate. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 28, 2012
I once contacted somebody on NL who offered to help me get an info, we started exchangng e-mails and then he stopped responding! My guess, he discorvered my tribe by my name on my e-mail and he chose to stop helping!
There is a cote which says, 'a measure of ur character is what u do when u kno nobody is watching' NL actualy shows the true inner characters of Nigerian youths and it has greatly changed my perspectives about other tribes in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Willzkid(m): 9:01am On Aug 28, 2012
blaisé....but it gets too personal atimes
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by PointB: 9:11am On Aug 28, 2012
The truth is that we are better off in different countries, there is no point pretending about it. Those who feel offended by the 'truth' perhaps are better of living their ignorance away from Nairaland. This is CYBER!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by mikolo80: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2012
SEE WETIN POVERTY CAUSE.ITS ONLY POOR PPL THAT USE ETHNICITY AND RELIGION AS AN EXCUSE FOR THEIR INCOMPETENCE.NA TO SPLIT THEN SEE WHO GO DE FINE THE OTHER VISA.MUMUNESS OF D HIGHEST ORDER
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by basher(m): 10:09am On Aug 28, 2012

You know what's going to happen here? This thread will probably degenerate into another bout of tribal bashing, the internet clicks will increase = more NL traffic = potentially more revenue.

The NL bigwigs (lol!) will be laughing even harder over thier proverbial bottles of beer etc etc etc.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by basher(m): 10:12am On Aug 28, 2012
^^^^Do u really think they give a s**t?! It's all about the money. If Nigeria like it should scatter, all they want is money money money!!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Akanbiedu(m): 10:12am On Aug 28, 2012
True dat. It's very embarrasing. Funny thing is, outsiders are not even going to recognise us as different people.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Dainfamous: 10:19am On Aug 28, 2012
Obiagu1:

... and who told you Igbos don't resent Yorubas in real life? They are not Nigerians and they should go.
simple,as long as Nigeria is concern tribalism will never die..it will die when everybody knows where they stand..
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by ektbear: 10:24am On Aug 28, 2012
I honestly find this stuff hilarious and amusing.

My take is:
a) Don't take it too seriously
b) don't have too much of your self-worth wrapped up in what some random anonymous people online say

just enjoy it (if you like this type of thing) or ignore it (if you don't).

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Skywalker5(m): 10:26am On Aug 28, 2012

You right bro. i think this hate posting stuff is enough to brainwash people to hate each other. i read a post about a guy who said he ensured he took his turn in beating up a thief in the market before he was burnt. He said he had no regret because the thief's tribe use to insult his own tribe on Nairaland. i mean how sick is that? I really don't understand how people think especially the tribalist. is it joblessness or is it trying to insult other people to make themselves feel better?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Chiopatra: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2012
Eko ile or wateva ur name is,we have noticed you,so cn we rest.Cos ur comment is beginning to irritate me.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by basher(m): 10:31am On Aug 28, 2012
ekt_bear: I honestly find this stuff hilarious and amusing.

My take is:
a) Don't take it too seriously
b) don't have too much of your self-worth wrapped up in what some random anonymous people online say

just enjoy it (if you like this type of thing) or ignore it (if you don't).

Seconded!

You don't have to respond to everything Yoruba/Igbo. If you are sure & secure about yourself, then ignore it. Trust me, your day will be a lot better & the thread will eventually go away. Don't even click on the headline, no matter how inviting.

Try it for a month and see.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:37am On Aug 28, 2012
At first it would rile me up when I saw it, but from the onset I knew it was a loosing battle to even try to stop it. I looked at the Mods and they seemed to be "helpless" about it, recently though I began to realize that maybe just maybe they do it for the traffic and for the profit.

There is a whole host of people on the website who do not really care what tribe is what and which tribe is which. Our strength in diversity is one thing no one should underestimate. If we look in our lives there are people from all the various different tribes that mean something to us. 938632 members and counting, the tribal warriors are not up to 50 and yet they tend to drown the voices of the rest people in here.

I really don't care, I don't feel the need to defend any tribe in Nigeria starting from mine. This country might be very messed up but first I am Nigerian and I don't care what anybody else says, we all move forward together or we go down together.

A great writer once said,

The human psyche has two great sicknesses; the urge to place group labels on people and the ability to carry vendetta across generations.

I have none.

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by PointB: 10:45am On Aug 28, 2012
Da infamous: simple,as long as Nigeria is concern tribalism will never die..it will die when everybody knows where they stand..

Let them keep wasting their time. People don't want to live together, and yet some clowns are wondering why they tend to pull apart.

OnlyTruth captured it well, when he called it 'mental retardness'!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by PointB: 10:48am On Aug 28, 2012
Akanbi_edu: True dat. It's very embarrasing. Funny thing is, outsiders are not even going to recognise us as different people.

Indeed they may not. That is why we have to strive harder to show them that Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaws, Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani, etc, all different people are a certainly better off in different country.

What can be simpler than that?!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:48am On Aug 28, 2012
PointB:

Let them keep wasting their time. People don't want to live together, and yet some clowns are wondering why they tend to pull apart.

OnlyTruth captured it well, when he called it 'mental retardness'!
Do you live only around igbos or yorubas?
Do you work only with igbos or yorubas?
All your relatives are igbos or yorubas? No body got married into another tribe?

Do you get paid to spread hatred?

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by PointB: 10:53am On Aug 28, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
Do you live only around igbos or yorubas?
Do you work only with igbos or yorubas?
All your relatives are igbos or yorubas? No body got married into another tribe?

Do you get paid to spread hatred?

And how exactly have I spread hatred? Or are you simply among the band of ninnies that suppose campaign for peaceful negotiation of nationhood or peaceful separation into different countries equates 'hatred'

Or you just want to show yourself? Ok, I have noticed you. What next?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:02am On Aug 28, 2012
PointB:

And how exactly have I spread hatred? Or are you simply among the band of ninnies that suppose campaign for peaceful negotiation of nationhood or peaceful separation into different countries equates 'hatred'

Or you just want to show yourself? Ok, I have noticed you. What next?

On the contrary I want to understand you. Do you love these other tribes you want to get separated from?
How did you come about the conclusion that we don't want to live together?
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by PointB: 11:11am On Aug 28, 2012
Chrisbenogor:

On the contrary I want to understand you. Do you love these other tribes you want to get separated from?
How did you come about the conclusion that we don't want to live together?

What kind of question is this? Perhaps you should ask Boko Haram, OPC, Arewa, and MASSOB why they exist!

If you don't know what you are dealing with, perhaps you should start your lessons here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1027995/post-civil-war-indigenization-policy-far-reaching

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:18am On Aug 28, 2012
PointB:

What kind of question is this? Perhaps you should ask Boko Haram, OPC, Arewa, and MASSOB why they exist!

If you don't know what you are dealing with, perhaps you should start your lessons here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1027995/post-civil-war-indigenization-policy-far-reaching

That's kind of disappointing, I was expecting you as an individual to tell me why. Delving into a discussion about these groups would only make us go round and round in circles trying to second guess their true motives.

Let us make this easy on ourselves. I want to understand you. Why you have chosen this path, of course you can make reference to past history if that would make your case. But I want to understand why you think in 2012 our problems would be solved by the borderline radical position you have taken. Its that simple really.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by PointB: 11:27am On Aug 28, 2012
Chrisbenogor:

That's kind of disappointing, I was expecting you as an individual to tell me why. Delving into a discussion about these groups would only make us go round and round in circles trying to second guess their true motives.

Let us make this easy on ourselves. I want to understand you. Why you have chosen this path, of course you can make reference to past history if that would make your case. But I want to understand why you think in 2012 our problems would be solved by the borderline radical position you have taken. Its that simple really.

What are you rambling about understanding me. In what context are you trying to understand me? And which path is it you think I have chosen? Do you bother to observe at all? Are you sure you are not jumping into some bias conclusion at all? If you don't think my footnote/signature carries any message, then you have failed even before you commence your journey.

In anycase, I don't spend a tonne of my time of Nairaland. I am a very busy individual. Read whatever meaning you prefer on any of my post, I careless. Whether you understand me or not is not my problem it is yours. Besides, your not understanding me is in my strategic interest! This is CYBER, not a place for my biography!

Here is another guy who thinks like me:
https://www.nairaland.com/1031157/nigeria-heading-disintegration-ex-defence-chief
Perhaps you should go and interview him!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Afam4eva(m): 11:29am On Aug 28, 2012
This thread will just go the way of other thread opened to preach peace because the owners of Nairaland and his cohorts aka mods are the ones encouraging bigotry especially Mukina. You'll never see her contributing anything meaningfully to threads. The only thing she does is to take tribally laced topics to the frontpage to drive traffic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Reshuffles Permanent Secretaries And Accounting Officers / 2023: Tinubu Is Nigeria’s Only Solution – Oluwo / Twin Terrorist Attack Averted In Borno.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.