Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy (29918 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 28, 2012
The problem is that most people travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering. What am I saying in essence, the state of your mind over people determines the quality of your life.
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
studM: so many nairalanders don't really think before they post their unreasonable comments on here,why being quick 2 judge?it is only an unwise man that judges a mater without looking at it critically first,stop spewing senseless comment on a public forum,that banner i can tell you categorically that its not an approved one from the bishop,try and get your fact right nlers!
Thank you.
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by mapet: 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
kunletiwoo:
Don't get it wrong bro! Cos the bible say's

"To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the [i]s[/i]pirits of just men made perfect
Hebrews 12:22-24

Note: It's not all about the personality of the man of God, but his [b]s[/b]pirit which is beneath God's own [b]S[/b]pirit is what people make reference to.

I actually took an additional effort, albeit a near needless one, but for the sake of those you will mislead and corrupt with you wrong interpretation of the scripture above, to stretch then falsehood you peddled here trying to justify the unjustifiable.

Do you know that
1. Hebrews 12:22-24 is actually part to the long explanation of the author to the christian church, comparing 2 dispensations.
2. Reading the whole of Hebrews 12; That he was making a comparison with an analogy of Mount Sinai (a representation of the difficulty of entering God's presence as a result of the harness of the people's heart, livestyle, unholiness etc, that even Moses and Aron alone who could enter even trembled with fear. Comparing with the church (at the time of Hebrews and today, which is the dispensation after Christ's death on the cross, where it is milder, more approachable and open to all
3. That Hebrews 12:22-24 is a discription of new dispensation as what mount zion represents. How the new heaven is organized, from God, his place, his angels, their purpose, the spirits of just men, they fellowship and finally Jesus to wrap it all up
4.....The spirit of Just Men made perfect which you veered off track on is actually talking about people of God who have joined the saints triumphant (i.e. THEY ARE DEAD AND IN HEAVEN WITH THE HOST OF HEAVEN)

Now tell me how this scripture justifies someone calling himself SON of Bishop Oyedepo The scripture clearly showed a pattern how God the most high takes the supereme, all angels and just men made perfect worships and fellowship with him and how Jesus is the mediator and reconcillator of us all.

If you ask me this scripture is the classic justification why someone should call himself SON of God rather than SON of Bishop David Oyedepo.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by paris10: 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
kunletiwoo:
Where are you from ma brother? Abroard or In-broad? Let's start from there and exermine ourselves.

You start from your Church and no place else. You start from honouring God by desisting from calling Pastors Daddy and Mummy. God is your Daddy. You start by examining yourself and the lives of those professing to be the spiritual leaders over you. What would Jesus Do with the spiritual pollution escalating in Nigeria? Would Jesus criticize your pastors and the rest of the billionaires pastors in Nigeria? Yes, He would.

Does the bible encourage criticism? Ofcourse it does; "..it says rebuke them sharply even those false prophets "(Titus 1:13). And for those who continue to sin and defraud and commit blasphemy against God, 1 Timothy 5:20 says you should rebuke them in the presence of all. Christians are told to always test every spirit whether they are of God.

It is ignorant for anyone to attack whosoever criticizes pastors on the forum and anywhere else. Pastors are paid salaries just like any other secular worker. In which case, everyone will be accountable for the responsibility placed in their hands.

Lastly, I'm tired of gullible Christians quoting out of context. The "Judge not that you might not be judged" motto is a fallacy and a scripture verse often quoted out of context by ignorant Nigerians. The "B" part of that verse says "...but judge righteous judgement.." As long as you're convinced that a particular person or pastor is not in tune and doing things not in line with God directives, then you are allowed to judge that person based on the obvious.

Learn Nigeria!!!
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by Enigma(m): 5:50pm On Aug 28, 2012
^^^ +1

cool
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2012
mapet:

I actually took an additional effort, albeit a near needless one, but for the sake of those you will mislead and corrupt with you wrong interpretation of the scripture above, to stretch then falsehood you peddled here trying to justify the unjustifiable.

Do you know that
1. Hebrews 12:22-24 is actually part to the long explanation of the author to the christian church, comparing 2 dispensations.
2. Reading the whole of Hebrews 12; That he was making a comparison with an analogy of Mount Sinai (a representation of the difficulty of entering God's presence as a result of the harness of the people's heart, livestyle, unholiness etc, that even Moses and Aron alone who could enter even trembled with fear. Comparing with the church (at the time of Hebrews and today, which is the dispensation after Christ's death on the cross, where it is milder, more approachable and open to all
3. That Hebrews 12:22-24 is a discription of new dispensation as what mount zion represents. How the new heaven is organized, from God, his place, his angels, their purpose, the spirits of just men, they fellowship and finally Jesus to wrap it all up
4.....The spirit of Just Men made perfect which you veered off track on is actually talking about people of God who have joined the saints triumphant (i.e. THEY ARE DEAD AND IN HEAVEN WITH THE HOST OF HEAVEN)

Now tell me how this scripture justifies someone calling himself SON of Bishop Oyedepo The scripture clearly showed a pattern how God the most high takes the supereme, all angels and just men made perfect worships and fellowship with him and how Jesus is the mediator and reconcillator of us all.

If you ask me this scripture is the classic justification why someone should call himself SON of God rather than SON of Bishop David Oyedepo.

Correction: Even if their souls were departed, does Spirit die?[/b]And if you say "yes" How come we that are alive commune with the Holy Spirit? Despite the fact that jesus isn't here on earth physically? We are talking about [b]spiritual beings here, and not carnal being.

No wonder the bible says:
And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
Mark 4:10-12

Am so sorry bro!
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by turl(m): 5:55pm On Aug 28, 2012
kunletiwoo:
Don't get it wrong bro! Cos the bible say's

"To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the [i]s[/i]pirits of just men made perfect
Hebrews 12:22-24

Note: It's not all about the personality of the man of God, but his [b]s[/b]pirit which is beneath God's own [b]S[/b]pirit is what people make reference to.

if we start painting grey areas like this, where do you draw the line and distinguish between worshiping God and worshiping man.

Statements like this should be discouraged, Period!
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
paris10:

You start from your Church and no place else. You start from honouring God by desisting from calling Pastors Daddy and Mummy. God is your Daddy. You start by examining yourself and the lives of those professing to be the spiritual leaders over you. What would Jesus Do with the spiritual pollution escalating in Nigeria? Would Jesus criticize your pastors and the rest of the billionaires pastors in Nigeria? Yes, He would.

Does the bible encourage criticism? Ofcourse it does; "..it says rebuke them sharply even those false prophets "(Titus 1:13). And for those who continue to sin and defraud and commit blasphemy against God, 1 Timothy 5:20 says you should rebuke them in the presence of all. Christians are told to always test every spirit whether they are of God.

It is ignorant for anyone to attack whosoever criticizes pastors on the forum and anywhere else.

Learn Nigeria!!!
when a church cals its priest Rev Fr. Critics wil raise voices as 2 y is a sin 2 do that but this days we hear names lyk papa, holy one, daddy... And i ask who is fooling who?
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2012
paris10:

It is ignorant for anyone to attack whosoever criticizes pastors on the forum and anywhere else. Pastors are paid salaries just like any other secular worker. In which case, everyone will be accountable for the responsibility placed in their hands.

Lastly, I'm tired of gullible Christians quoting out of context. The "Judge not that you might not be judged" motto is a fallacy and a scripture verse often quoted out of context by ignorant Nigerians. The "B" part of that verse says "...but judge righteous judgement.." As long as you're convinced that a particular person or pastor is not in tune and doing things not in line with God directives, then you are allowed to judge that person based on the obvious.

Learn Nigeria!!!

Shallowness!
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by paris10: 6:03pm On Aug 28, 2012
kunletiwoo:

Correction: Even if their souls were departed, does Spirit die?[/b]And if you say "yes" How come we that are alive commune with the Holy Spirit? Despite the fact that jesus isn't here on earth physically? We are talking about [b]spiritual beings here, and not carnal being.

No wonder the bible says:
And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Am so sorry bro!

I believe you need to do justice to your Bible understanding. You're a bit short! Mystery of the kingdom is known and revealed to all Christians. The dude you replied to if not mistaken is also a christian and not one of them without.

Stop quoting scripture if you don't understand what it meant.
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by akagaba(f): 6:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
musKeeto: See as the crook eye resemble wetin tithe don close.. too much money... your fools call themselves your kids.. lmao..
Ur a great crook, Sir. The Lord blessed you abundantly with deceptive wisdom.The word of God has made you fat with tithes, and your generation free from poverty. You've reaped beautifully and wonderfully from the ignorance that pervades the nation. For their breakthroughs, they pay you tithes. For their healings, they attend your conventions. For their education, they have helped you build schools.. glory to the highest...

while they trek, you fly above them with private jets. They will get there one day.. one day all winners will have a private jet of their own.
. ameenn..
And u make me laugh, laughng seriously as u ar a walkin corpse. D curse u hav on u nw is worst than that of goliath. U ar d second to lucifer& ofcus u kno d deadly & dreaded heap of curse upon lucifer. U ar nw a partaker of dat curse and urs is evn a greater portion. It wil b beta 4u 2hang urslf on d fan and die off dan 2be alive. Infact, im no mo laughng at u bt cryin 4u, how pathetic u ar. Im sorry 4u. But u stl hav an oportunity 2repent. Thats al wat i can tel u. Once again, sori 4u.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by paris10: 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2012
akagaba: And u make me laugh, laughng seriously as u ar a walkin corpse. D curse u hav on u nw is worst than that of goliath. U ar d second to lucifer& ofcus u kno d deadly & dreaded heap of curse upon lucifer. U ar nw a partaker of dat curse and urs is evn a greater portion. It wil b beta 4u 2hang urslf on d fan and die off dan 2be alive. Infact, im no mo laughng at u bt cryin 4u, how pathetic u ar. Im sorry 4u. But u stl hav an oportunity 2repent. Thats al wat i can tel u. Once again, sori 4u.

Stop this nonsense! Who are you to call him walking corpse. What about if he is right? Is he anything far from the truth? I see you're a babe in Christ and too over-zealous towards your cause. But be cautious and always use your sense of reasoning when critiquing people.

One more thing, give a little girl your teddy bear, you don't need it.
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
paris10:

I believe you need to do justice to your Bible understanding. You're a bit short! Mystery of the kingdom is known and revealed to all Christians. The dude you replied to if not mistaken is also a christian and not one of them without.

Stop quoting scripture if you don't understand what it meant.

If the mystery of the kingdom is known and revealed to all Christians, then can you re-phrase the part that says: "but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables" Oh! Going to church now means you are saved? Another Shallowness!

Of a truth;

Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by paris10: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2012
kunletiwoo:

If the mystery of the kingdom is known and revealed to all Christians, then can you re-phrase the part that says: "[b]but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables[/b]" Oh! Going to church now means you are saved? Another Shallowness!

Of a truth;

Unto them without literally means those without the gift of the holy spirit. Simple!!!

Be more constructive when cursing out.
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by akagaba(f): 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2012
PosCaricature :
What about those members who are older than Bishop David Oyedepo in age, they should also see themselves as his sons & address him as their father or what?
U ar d most dumb headed person iv eva seen in my life. Read urslf again. Thrd clas students, infact pass sef, nt 3rd clas.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2012
paris10:

Unto them without literally means those without the gift of the holy spirit. Simple!!!

Be more constructive when cursing out.
Noted! More power to your elbow.
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by akagaba(f): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
DrugDoc: I am pleading with the Christians- I want to be saved, I need to believe. Please explain why Jesus ordered 1 Samuel 15:3. Please was Jesus the God of the Israelites and Europeans just joking in Numbers 31:17? It smells like rape and genocide to me. Well, it is in the Bible, so it must be good! Jesus and Mohammed ways are higher than our ways, we Africans shouldn't read it with fleshly eyes.
Hey dont eva join Jesus& mohamed 2geda.. Wat is mohamed?. It is jst a mirage, a dead idol. It does not exist. D earlier d muslims realise ths and run to Jesus, d beta 4dem. Havent u read in d scriptures wher Jesus said " I am d way, d truth& d life, no one cometh 2d father but by me" show me d place of Mohamed here? Dont Dare God's son else u wil b doom 4life. Be warned.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2012
akagaba: Hey dont eva join Jesus& mohamed 2geda.. Wat is mohamed?. It is jst a mirage, a dead idol. It does not exist. D earlier d muslims realise ths and run to Jesus, d beta 4dem. Havent u read in d scriptures wher Jesus said " I am d way, d truth& d life, no one cometh 2d father but by me" show me d place of Mohamed here? Dont Dare God's son else u wil b doom 4life. Be warned.
Thinkers are Leaders! *Smiling*
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by akagaba(f): 6:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
paris10:

Stop this nonsense! Who are you to call him walking corpse. What about if he is right? Is he anything far from the truth? I see you're a babe in Christ and too over-zealous towards your cause. But be cautious and always use your sense of reasoning when critiquing people.

One more thing, give a little girl your teddy bear, you don't need it.
And i laugh at u too, another rotten moving corpse. Birds of d same feather. Jst watch ur life onwards..... satan's agent, ur time is up. Pack up and flee. May u and ur father, satan rot in hell.
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by akagaba(f): 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
If only men kno how near d comin of Jesus Xst is, then no one wil be headin to hell by sayin rubish abt men of God. I sympathis wit Nairalanders.
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by Mosimosco(m): 7:03pm On Aug 28, 2012
I now realized dat all dis nonsense are post just to attract comment.... Bull shit
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by Mosimosco(m): 7:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
akagaba: If only men kno how near d comin of Jesus Xst is, then no one wil be headin to hell by sayin rubish abt men of God. I sympathis wit Nairalanders.
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by ejifranks(m): 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2012
Dr. Lawson:
Hello, plz can u direct me on how to make my own posts instead of clicking "(Quote)" to comment under posts of other people like right now? Thank u
Newbie?
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by ejifranks(m): 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
logo77:

@Dr. Lawson, scroll down to the end of page and click on (Reply). Then make you comments and click on "Submit" botton. Cheers
Thats it..U r welcome
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by JacobReamen(m): 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
that is impersonation
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by Cypost: 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
logo77: If you investigate further; you will find out this is not an official sticker from the ministry.... just someone
trying to make money from sales of this sticker (because he/she knows that people will buy.

Ur point is mostly likely correct, however he owes it a point duty to dissociate himself from it and encourage his followers from producing or buying same, sometimes silence means consent/endorsement.

Assuming the sticker disparaging, insulting he probably ask his lawyers to file for libel...

B/w the sticker should not be made, approved, bought, talk less of sticking to anything because the message on it is warped.
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by BlakkBoi(m): 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2012
Poverty is not our problem in this country but ignorance. Who is David Oyedepo again?
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by dondada78(m): 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2012
nne3870:

says who? Its an official sticker and its sold at every winners church. Pastor don turn god, ppl ar nolonger identifyin themslves as God's children bt as 'son's of bishop' Idolatory in d highest order..... Smh
That sticker is not an official Winners' Chapel sticker! Stop spreading lies!
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by omoeso(m): 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
Sincerely, I've seen this sticker on a car before. Some few weeks back and the first thing dat came to my mind was DAMN.... Dis is wrong. Anyway, as some nairalanders will say, how does it affects the price of garri!
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by UyiIredia(m): 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2012
A highly sectarian sticker which I hate.
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by Biggysmalls919(m): 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2012
Those who worship him will buy it
Re: Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy by lonelydora: 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
People blame CATHOLICS for kneeling and praying in front of Virgin Mary's status, and term it as worshiping idols, but they go to their churches and worship their pastors. This should be "i am a son of God"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Akulga Widows Pray For PDP Candidates In Rivers Over Assembly Rerun / Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gave Youths N3 Million (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.