Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs (58422 Views)

Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them / Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time / Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2012
dopeJemi: ogugua, nah, he z nt, he shouts, can he sing any rnb song or a lionel richie song

Oh? Are we judging by vocals now? If that's the case, then we don't have a single Nigerian artist worthy of being called an artist.

Wizboyy's voice is unique and suits his music. It's a nice style. The guy's only getting bigger, from "Screensaver" and "Owu Sa Gi", to "Infinity" and "Fotojenik Remix". If you ask me, he's overrated as a lot of talentless, noise-making clowns run the music scene.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by purpinkx(m): 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2012
Just wondering if this will affect the price of gª®®ι cheesycheesy

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2012
^^^ Go away.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by bittyend(m): 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2012
bittyend: Flavour should be banned for life for stealing people's tunes. That he-bytch lacks originality!!

Sina Rambo needs to lose weight and get a day job at walmart. He's rubbish!!!

TBH, 90% of naija artists are rubbish.. Asa and Nneka are the only two artists who make music for higher minds like mine.

Not a big fan of naija music except in the club.. I probably only listen to May D(soundtrack), Duncan Mighty(obianuju), and P'Square(ifunnaya).
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Callfubu(m): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2012
youngd2g6: ALL YOU GUYZ ARE JUST HATERZ ....KEEP BLABAIN THEY ARE THERE MAKING FIRM AND MONEY....GUYZ NA NIAJA NA WE THEY OOO WE PREFER SONGZ THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE AND I TITLE IT LYRICAL NONSENSE ....I RAP WAFI CITY
. Dude learn how spell shikena
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
ogugua88:

Oh? Are we judging by vocals now? If that's the case, then we don't have a single Nigerian artist worthy of being called an artist.

Wizboyy's voice is unique and suits his music. It's a nice style. The guy's only getting bigger, from "Screensaver" and "Owu Sa Gi", to "Infinity" and "Fotojenik Remix". If you ask me, he's overrated as a lot of talentless, noise-making clowns run the music scene.
true sha, bt we have vocalists here in naija oh, e.g banky w, djinee, omawunmi, iyanya, brymo etc
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Jayten(m): 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hahahahaha....
Boiz dey bi nu for here....o.... See stroking upon stroking.... Anyway you guys are making points...buh d truth is we d listeners also love d lyrical rubbish most of dis people do say... All d same na there p be that... Some of us stroking dem abt d rubbish dey do say,ordinary our comments sef na rubbish...if english hook una pidgin dey welcome...d gbaguan wey i don read dey crack my ribs.... Lol

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by baaliyah(m): 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2012
@ Poster,
Do we have up to 5 talented artistes in Nigeria.
I think the topic should be '5 Nigeria artistes that should release album'
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2012
dopeJemi: true sha, bt we have vocalists here in naija oh, e.g banky w, djinee, omawunmi, iyanya, brymo etc

Banky who? No way lol.

You mentioned Lionel Richie. How many Nigerian artists do you know who can sing one of his songs without sounding like a goat with tb? Besides Omawunmi. Justina can sing too.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by flexdee(m): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2012
Essence
Goldie
KSB
K switch
Davido
Shina Rambo
Dr Sid
Tunde Ednut
Da suspect

I no fit mention dem finish cos dem plenty like wota [water]
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by omenziate(m): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
In no particular order
Shyeman÷ u just waste close to 4min or more listening to him and don't get nytin meaningful
Terry G÷ dude is on performance enhancement drug, keeps sweating and inventin stupid lines, akpako, walangolo, jalangolo.etc
Shina Rambo ÷ as clueless as his cousin davido, dude should get a harvard certificate and manage their billions.
Drama÷ this french graduate from Lasu or unilag should find one secondary school and teach french full time.
KC and presh (now separated) ÷ always flashy videos and I haven't their album once in a shop or CD stand. Their songs are a total hogwash most times.

And the 2 "worstest" of all time should be VIC 0 and Speed Darlington. Dis guys give a whole different meaning to music in an odd way.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Jayten(m): 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2012
Callfubu: . Dude learn how spell shikena
and u too learn how to type in good english e.g Dude learn how to spell shikena...
we learn er'day... Somtymz shorthand dey affect us badly.... No offence

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Bluediamond1(f): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2012
DICKtator:
I thought Sina Rambo was dead? Wasn't he the infamous Benin armed robber?
grin grin grin grin
my thots exactly.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by boron10(m): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
purpinkx: Just wondering if this will affect the price of gª®®ι cheesycheesy
omo this one affects the price of garri o. When good music is produced in Nigeria, so many people will be so interested in getting the tape or paying for the song including the foreigners hence a higer gnp. If you did Economics in school, you will know quite well that there is a correlation between the rate of export of a country and the strenght of the country's currentcy plus inflation. So when the inflation rate is less or negligible, the price of garri will be stable.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by dopeJemi: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
ogugua88:

Banky who? No way lol.

You mentioned Lionel Richie. How many Nigerian artists do you know who can sing one of his songs without sounding like a goat with tb? Besides Omawunmi. Justina can sing too.
lol, banky z trying na
flexdee: Essence
Goldie
KSB
K switch
Davido
Shina Rambo
Dr Sid
Tunde Ednut
Da suspect

I no fit mention dem finish cos dem plenty like wota [water]
guy essence z gud oh, she got d voice, just dat shez faded
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by onila(f): 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
Revolva:
4-oga naeto C - dis dude keep braggin only rapper wit msc - oya take am go start work for naija or yankee na.. Haha I beg o naeto c na bros oo
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Bluediamond1(f): 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2012
Ooopss! WTF hav i been?i dnt evn knw 1 of those artiste mention by d OP.they realy shld get a day job
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2012
You didn't remember to include Flavour Nabania, though youngstars like his "music". He has no talent. Most of the songs he sings are the ones he remixes from those of highlife maestros like Osita Osadebe and Rex Lawson. Recently a Ghanaian musician accused him of using his beat in a new single of his (Flavour).
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Olutala(m): 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2012
[quote author=akraym] The only reason why this guy has a record deal is because he is related to the minimally talented Davido. I fear for the worst in that family.

Hmmmmmm
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by SamMilla1(m): 5:57pm On Sep 01, 2012
So Tunde Ednut is now a musician damn. I have not seen his musics but i wish him goodluck. I did one crack ya ribs comedy show with him, Julius Agwu and co , where they claimed to be the big guns, while they left me on the stage longer than required. Yet they got the big money while i got only 1k pounds and cheap easyjet fares back to Europe from UK..
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by purpinkx(m): 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2012
boron10:
omo this one affects the price of garri o. When good music is produced in Nigeria, so many people will be so interested in getting the tape or paying for the song including the foreigners hence a higer gnp. If you did Economics in school, you will know quite well that there is a correlation between the rate of export of a country and the strenght of the country's currentcy plus inflation. So when the inflation rate is less or negligible, the price of garri will be stable.
Are u trying ta tell me that this z why Gª®®ι z 5cup 4 ₦100 ? undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Dercilz(f): 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2012
undecided i wish i knew one of them.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Gwekzy: 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2012
GooD LisT.... Buh Trust Me So ManY Odas DeY
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by felifeli: 6:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
akraym: If others won’t say it, we will. We are tired of wack artistes being embraced as the real deal. Some acts who parade themselves as the next best thing are really people with no talent who are hell bent on being famous and blocking the way for talented people in an already over-saturated industry.

These artistes can have meaningful day jobs. Not everyone can be a singer, rapper or entertainer. These guys we have listed below need to do us a favour and drop the mic and leave music to the folks who have talent.

1) Flowssickk:
Don’t let the pretty boy looks fool you; Flowssickk knows much about music like our first lady knows about the English language. His debut single “Lowkey” was based off a Wizkid line and didn’t pop until the Clarence Peters video came out. His follow-up single “Ringtone” is languishing in nowhere-ville. Flowssickk doesn’t really offer much musically. When his wack bars couldn’t cut it he switched to pop music. With lines such as “she dey use MTN but I give her the Glo” Flowssickk should quit the music scene go back to school and come out with a degree, hopefully.

2) Tunde Ednut:
When this dude came on the scene, he “claimed” to be a comedian who had won several awards in the UK. The funny thing is that Mr. Tunde hasn’t pursued his stand-up comedy trade in Nigeria which has a more lucrative industry. The young man has decided to pursue a career in music. Well the good news is that his songs will crack your ribs. They are funny (and wack) as hell! Clearly we can all see Tunde Ednut is a struggle artiste but yet he remains hell bent on making Nigerians suffer. Don’t be fooled by “Catching Cold” remix, Tunde Ednut cannot crack a joke and crack the music charts. My guy you need a day job, we heard Dangote is hiring with good pay too.

3) Sina Rambo:
OMG! Sina Rambo is the epitome of wackness in rap music. Kids in kindergarten classes have better rhymes. His delivery is poor and wordplay is non-existent. This guy shouldn’t be labeled as a rapper. His level of wackness is yet to be qualified. The only reason why this guy has a record deal is because he is related to the minimally talented Davido. I fear for the worst in that family. Sina go back to school, get a degree and run of the companies in your rich family’s portfolio.

4) B-Red:
It’s hard to believe that two brothers can be on the same level of wackness. It happens every 9,000 years. B-Red and Sina Rambo are the one in every 9,000 years. No need to write much on B-Red. The same applies to him to. He is as wack as his brother.

5) Dencia:
We ain’t even going to front, Dencia is eye candy. The only problem is that her songs make you want to cut your ears. No female artiste blatantly uses sex appeal to further her career like Dencia. There is nothing wrong in this if her songs are good. They are not! Career advice Dencia, the video vixen industry is popping in Nigeria, we feel your talents are required there. Singing is not in your foreseeable future or in any future for that matter. Please leave the mic alone

Ota mi o ni ya foko
Akoyoyo nio da lorun
Omolanke nio kan lese
Onigedu nio da lehin
A wa ma rin bai, rin bai, rin bai

Jisoro dey kill o
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by foyeks2001(f): 6:09pm On Sep 01, 2012
These ar Nigerian actors turned musicians...these pple shudnt dare go 2 recording studios anyomre
Omotola
Genevieve
Jim Iyke
Desmond Elliot

Yoruba fuji musician
Pasuma sings rubbish abeg

Hip-Hop
K-solo
Terry G
Goldie
Essence(dis chick no get anything in common wit good music except 4 her voice)
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Chanchit: 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2012
ogugua88:

Banky who? No way lol.

I jst have to click the like button, cos Banky W don chop ur money and you will never forgive him... Anyway i don't knw banky's real voice, cos auto tune don spoil everything finish...
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by foyeks2001(f): 6:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
felifeli:

Ota mi o ni ya foko
Akoyoyo nio da lorun
Omolanke nio kan lese
Onigedu nio da lehin
A wa ma rin bai, rin bai, rin bai

Jisoro dey kill o

U r most welcome Shina Rambo but d Op posted nofin but d actual fact...all u need 2 do is to step up ur game or beta still quit and find something meaningful 2 do wit ur life e.g wat abt hawking Gala

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Vansnickers: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2012
Vic-O is a Legend. He is the only Nigerian apart from Femi Kuti , Asa,2 Face, Nneka that deserves a Grammy!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
Chanchit: I jst have to click the like button, cos Banky W don chop ur money and you will never forgive him... Anyway i don't knw banky's real voice, cos auto tune don spoil everything finish...

That has nothing to do with it. Autotune or not, he's not a great vocalist lol.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2012
OP thanks for mentioning flowsick, My grandfather can do better than that guy in the music industry,
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs by Bluemoon1(f): 6:24pm On Sep 01, 2012
Missy_B: Incomplete list w/out Vic O. cheesy
i wan talk am sef...lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Singer Damino Damoche Shot Dead In Lasu This Afternoon / Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) / DOWNLOAD Splash-church-agbasa (phyno Girl)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.