Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. (1040 Views)

Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss / Which Nigerian Products Do You Miss More While Abroad? / What's your Most Memorable Experience While Abroad Or Travelling Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2012
Due to irrational arguement on which country is d most racist which no answer was given in particular because racist is in evrywhre of d world.

Share your experience abt diz behaviour abroad and reaction you think is the best in return back that will not cause any violence,then if at all someone attacks by skin head racist,is it adviceable 2 run away or confront them.
Share it jst for forthcoming travellers.

Pls,justwise dont move diz 2 anoda section bcoz hv brought d similar topic and u moved it.
Re: What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
Demaejy: Due to irrational arguement on which country is d most racist which no answer was given in particular because racist is in evrywhre of d world.

Share your experience abt diz behaviour abroad and reaction you think is the best in return back that will not cause any violence,then if at someone attacks by skin head racist,is it adviceable 2 run away or confront them.

Pls,justwise dont move diz 2 anoda section bcoz hv brought dz similar topic and u moved it.

When was that?
Re: What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2012
justwise: [/b]

When was that?

this is it....
www.nairaland.com/1005420/racism-eradicated
Re: What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by justwise(m): 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
Demaejy:

this is it....
www.nairaland.com/1005420/racism-eradicated

So what is wrong with moving it to a section titled: Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics?
Re: What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
justwise:

So what is wrong with moving it to a section titled: Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics?
its okay justwise.anyway they re of desame content, I wouldn't have shown you bt u asked for it.
More comments frm pple.............!
Re: What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2012
justwise:

its okay justwise, comment on the thread
Re: What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 03, 2012
Demaejy: Due to irrational arguement on which country is d most racist which no answer was given in particular because racist is in evrywhre of d world.

Share your experience abt diz behaviour abroad and reaction you think is the best in return back that will not cause any violence,then if at someone attacks by skin head racist,is it adviceable 2 run away or confront them.

Pls,justwise dont move diz 2 anoda section bcoz hv brought dz similar topic and u moved it.
Re: What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 03, 2012

Share it jst for forthcoming travellers to be well behaved
Re: What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2012
Due to irrational arguement on which country is d most racist which no answer was given in particular because racist is in evrywhre of d world.
Share your experience abt diz behaviour abroad and reaction you think is the best in return back that will not cause any violence,then if at all someone attacks by skin head racist,is it advisable 2 run away or confront them.
Re: What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by omega25red(m): 12:31am On Nov 04, 2012
it is always always ok to run. That in no way makes you less of a man. these people hae an irrational hatred for you so why fight with them?
A good moto to live by is live to fight another day.

if it is at your job, you can get evidence and report the person to your HR dept. if it is a neighbor you can make police reports for harrsement. this way when you beat his/her ass they wont throw you in jail because you have proof that you defended yourself. if its on the streets turn and run the other way because the worst thing that could happen is that they are a gang and they sent one to get you so they all can jump in.

1 Like

Re: What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 04, 2012
I have beaten a racist man who tried to attack me violently. and it was only once, he was thinking I am going to run or powerless because he was fatter, but he could not believe his eyes. (but i make sure say no camera dey around and it was a lonely place) grin grin grin

in terms of attitude, Its always indirect, and i always pretend like I did not noticed it, but if its direct, then I reply appropriately. another example was a day we were playing football, and a guy ask me if i want some Banana,(trying to abused me racially) I replied him also with ''do you want some bone?''

nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Re: What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 04, 2012
omega25red: it is always always ok to run. That in no way makes you less of a man. these people hae an irrational hatred for you so why fight with them?
A good moto to live by is live to fight another day.

if it is at your job, you can get evidence and report the person to your HR dept. if it is a neighbor you can make police reports for harrsement. this way when you beat his/her ass they wont throw you in jail because you have proof that you defended yourself. if its on the streets turn and run the other way because the worst thing that could happen is that they are a gang and they sent one to get you so they all can jump in.
That is really good of you point. I don't know why people abandon this as if nobody hasn't ever experienced or find him/er self in a such situation while abroad,i think this would enhance and widen the exposure of some first time traveller on how to confront it but i know some may even think that none whites dare to attack him because he might hope they're more energetic and dynamic than white and would get things done..hun? Lol. I think that's pure myth.

share ur experience!
Re: What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by Nobody: 1:18am On Nov 04, 2012
dahonestboss: I have beaten a racist man who tried to attack me violently. and it was only once, he was thinking I am going to run or powerless because he was fatter, but he could not believe his eyes. (but i make sure say no camera dey around and it was a lonely place) grin grin grin

in terms of attitude, Its always indirect, and i always pretend like I did not noticed it, but if its direct, then I reply appropriately. another example was a day we were playing football, and a guy ask me if i want some Banana,(trying to abused me racially) I replied him also with ''do you want some bone?
I think the bolded part is quite alright but not everybody would do that cos we react differently towards things.

dahonestboss: nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Exactly!
Re: What are The Best Reaction To PREJUDICE Behavior While Abroad. by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 16, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Desert Safari & Dhow Cruise Abu Dhabi / Deleted / US To Make Visa Application Process Easier For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.