Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,459 members, 7,781,319 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:25 PM

D’banj And Friends Live At HMV Apollo - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D’banj And Friends Live At HMV Apollo (1678 Views)

PHOTOS: D’banj And Akon On Set Of ‘frosh’ Video / D’banj And Bankulli Split Over Kanye West / Don Jazzy, D’banj and Snoopdog Shoot The Video for ‘Mr Endowed’ Remix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D’banj And Friends Live At HMV Apollo by ijebabe: 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
London wasn’t the same on Monday, 27th of August when electrifying performances from some of Africa’s very own delivered an exciting concert. The man responsible… D’Banj; the event… “D’Banj Live”, the venue… HMV Apollo, London; his accomplices… Ikechukwu, May7ven, Noni Zondi and Ada Snoop.

“D’Banj Live At HMV Apollo” was hosted by UK’s Choice FM DJ, DJ Abrantee and was the Koko Master – D’Banj‘s first UK headlined Concert since his “Oliver Twist” single dropped. And, accompanied with enthralling performances from his cohorts - Ikechukwu, May7ven, Noni Zondi and Ada Snoop - D’Banj brought the roof down.

Also, Davido was supposed to be in the bill of showstoppers that night but due to some unforeseen discrepancies, he was unable to perform. Here is a statement he released prior to the concert:

“I regret to let you know that I will not be performing along side my most respected big brother and friend D’BANJ at the scheduled show of August 27, 2012 in London.

I am both a Nigerian citizen, as well as an American citizen, I carry both the Nigerian and the American passports. As an American citizen, I do not require a visa to enter the United Kingdom, however I require a work permit in the UK for any paid performance such as the scheduled August 27, 2012 in London, that is the law in the United Kingdom.

I applied for a work permit at the British Embassy in Abuja/Lagos but unfortunately up till the close of business on Friday August 24, 2012 I was unable to obtain a work permit, as a result I have to cancel my performance and my trip to the United Kingdom altogether.

I apologize for the inconvenience and the disappointment, but be rest assured that I will make it up to you all on a future date. You will agree with me that it is better to be law abiding at all times and in every jurisdiction.

Finally, please go out en mass to support the Koko Master (D’BANJ) and have a wonderful night on August 27, 2012.

Warm Regards,
David Adedeji Adeleke aka Davido

Re: D’banj And Friends Live At HMV Apollo by ijebabe: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2012
Hehehe

Re: D’banj And Friends Live At HMV Apollo by ijebabe: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
I swear this Noni is mad! grin

Re: D’banj And Friends Live At HMV Apollo by ijebabe: 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
Koko Master

Re: D’banj And Friends Live At HMV Apollo by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
Lebete! @TheKokoMasterDbanj That was his twitter Update today. grin
I just wish he can find a way to sort things out with Don Jazzy
And lol! @ Davido not getting a work permit. Those embassies sef.
Re: D’banj And Friends Live At HMV Apollo by alaoeri: 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2012
Kokomaster let's me introduce u to the black mamba grin osheeeeee more energy to your elbow.
Re: D’banj And Friends Live At HMV Apollo by dont8(m): 6:58am On Aug 29, 2012
Will you be chanced for us to go to his next scheduled perfomance? wink
Re: D’banj And Friends Live At HMV Apollo by ijebabe: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2012
^ Hopefully! Will you buy the tix or do I?
Re: D’banj And Friends Live At HMV Apollo by dont8(m): 9:57pm On Aug 29, 2012
Lady first, buy it and I'll refund when N5,000 is in circulation.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Rappers you should listen to / Psquare Ft. Don Jazzy - Collabo / MUSIC: Akon Ft. D’banj – Frosh (full Track)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.