Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore (2955 Views)

You Don't Love Him/her, If You Haven't Shared Atleast Two Of These. / "I haven't had sex in 10 Years" - Genevieve Nnaji / Thank God I Haven't Paid Her Exam Fees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by Goldwura(f): 12:27am On Aug 29, 2012
My boyfriend use to be a very loving, caring and sweet guy until last week saturday when he travelled and i forgot to call him to know if he had gotten home.
However, i couldn't call him on sunday too coz i had no airtime so i got recharge card on monday and called him through out the day but he didn't pick my call.
Later around 1am, i called him and he picked it though it took a decade before he did.
when he eventually picked he started talking like i was a stranger. He sounded like he didnt care and had no excuse for not picking my calls and replying my pings. i got pissed and ended the conversation since he wasn't ready to show any remorse for his act.
The next day, i called him twice but he didn't pick and never called me back

now i wonder what i did wrong?
what do i do?
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by 2goodbobo(m): 2:23am On Aug 29, 2012
wait.
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by obowunmi(m): 2:55am On Aug 29, 2012
Communication is key. Ask him, talk to him.
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by Mynd44: 5:59am On Aug 29, 2012
Perhaps he is expecting you to say sorry
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by djeezy(m): 6:10am On Aug 29, 2012
Give him time. Whilst you're waitng, send him sweet texts. Then call him again latter. The explanation you wanted to give via call, send it via text.
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 29, 2012
djeezy: Give him time. Whilst you're waitng, send him sweet texts. Then call him again latter. The explanation you wanted to give via call, send it via text.
spoke my mind,,,XACTLY!
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 29, 2012
DON'T CALL HIM! Don't send him any text message! For your own good! angry
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by MrWaters: 9:20am On Aug 29, 2012
fluid26: DON'T CALL HIM! Don't send him any text message! For your own good! angry
Really? Then what?
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by MMM2(m): 9:27am On Aug 29, 2012
Gold wura don't u have a spare BF undecided
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by nikkyshyne(f): 9:29am On Aug 29, 2012
I suggest you send only text messages and don't call or ping him till he responds.

Or, is it that immediately he arrived at his destination, he was jazzed by 'something'? undecided
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by MrWaters: 9:30am On Aug 29, 2012
M M M: Gold wura don't u have a spare BF undecided
just in case?
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by Mynd44: 9:31am On Aug 29, 2012
MrWaters: just in case?
in case what?
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by MrWaters: 9:35am On Aug 29, 2012
Mynd_44:
in case what?
am asking the use of the spare bf
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:35am On Aug 29, 2012
Go to his house to know what the problem is.
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by Mynd44: 9:37am On Aug 29, 2012
MrWaters: am asking the use of the spare bf
lol
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by duality(m): 11:05am On Aug 29, 2012
its over. dont make him pretend its not.

1 Like

Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by emilyone(f): 11:11am On Aug 29, 2012
take it or leave it, your guy has moved on.
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 29, 2012
Gold_wura: My boyfriend use to be a very loving, caring and sweet guy until last week saturday when he travelled and i forgot to call him to know if he had gotten home.
However, i couldn't call him on sunday too coz i had no airtime so i got recharge card on monday and called him through out the day but he didn't pick my call.
Later around 1am, i called him and he picked it though it took a decade before he did.
when he eventually picked he started talking like i was a stranger. He sounded like he didnt care and had no excuse for not picking my calls and replying my pings. i got pissed and ended the conversation since he wasn't ready to show any remorse for his act.
The next day, i called him twice but he didn't pick and never called me back

now i wonder what i did wrong?
what do i do?

how long have you guys been together.

If for long!

Then sort this out, with all your strength!

If not,
try sorting it out, with less energy,
then move on!
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by MrWaters: 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
Lolaabokoku: Go to his house to know what the problem is.
I won't do that if i were u
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by Goldwura(f): 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
i thank you all for your suggestions but i'm still confused about this whole ish....
the point is; if i call him, he might take me for granted and i feel i'll loose my respect and the other side of it is that i think he should have called me if he still loves me or if he did loved me like he claimed coz its two weeks now and we havent spoken.
I believe if a guy loves a girl, he should be free to tell the girl whatever it is he doesnt like that she does or might have done so why cant he just be plain with me and tell me what i did wrong instead of acting this way..
Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by lolaluv1(f): 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
OP
Don't be too pushy and don't act desperate. Be laid back about the whole issue and explain what happened. He might only be hurt that you didn't care to know about his welfare. But I still insist you don't act overboard.

1 Like

Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by tashanja(m): 5:34am On Aug 30, 2012
lola.luv:
OP
Don't be too pushy and don't act desperate. Be laid back about the whole issue and explain what happened. He might only be hurt that you didn't care to know about his welfare. But I still insist you don't act overboard.

@ OP:
The whole ish and advice is captured above in bold.
I also think both of you are subsequently reacting rather foolishly to one another by putting your prides first before your relationship.
He was obviously hurt and been expecting an apology from you which seemingly had not been forthcoming because you had been skirting around doing it by shifting the blame back to him for ignoring your calls and also responding nonchalantly.
Unfortunately, the longer you maintain this stand-off the more difficult it becomes for either of you to initiate/sustain meaningful damage control to save the relationship.

1 Like

Re: I Haven't Broken Up With Him But We Don't Talk To Each Other Anymore by Mynd44: 6:24am On Aug 30, 2012
Gold_wura: i thank you all for your suggestions but i'm still confused about this whole ish....
the point is; if i call him, he might take me for granted and i feel i'll loose my respect and the other side of it is that i think he should have called me if he still loves me or if he did loved me like he claimed coz its two weeks now and we havent spoken.
I believe if a guy loves a girl, he should be free to tell the girl whatever it is he doesnt like that she does or might have done so why cant he just be plain with me and tell me what i did wrong instead of acting this way..
From what I have been reading, it is obvious that you really care about the guy so I will say you call him. That does not mean he will take you for granted, it just shows that you are willing to save the relationship. He will take you for granted only when you get together and you start relaxing your standards with him.
You can actually let your guards down without being cheap babe

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Cure Premature expulsion:5 Ways / Christian School Teacher Suspended After Her Nake*d Photos Goes Viral Online / 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.