Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? (19212 Views)

While You Are Away; Maids Vs Kids / Men Sleeping With Their House Maids...who's To Blame? / ~ Why Husbands int!mate With Their Maids ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by lolyx: 11:28am On Aug 29, 2012
would u prefer a live in maid or a non live in housekeeper?
pls let me know what you think.
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by lolyx: 11:29am On Aug 29, 2012
lolyx: would u prefer a live in maid or a non live in housekeeper?
pls let me know what you think.
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Kobojunkie: 11:34am On Aug 29, 2012
@POster, why maids at all? Even Oyinbo wey dey work so many hours more than most African women do, do not get maids the way you African women do. You folks need to stop being lazy and get over this "I am not complete without a maid for status" mentality.

6 Likes

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by kodewrita(m): 11:50am On Aug 29, 2012
Kobojunkie: @POster, why maids at all? Even Oyinbo wey dey work so many hours more than most African women do, do not get maids the way you African women do. You folks need to stop being lazy and get over this "I am not complete without a maid for status" mentality.

those oyinbos tend to make use of gadgets for a lot of the things they do in the house. essentially they replaced slave/menial labour with devices. washing machines, vacuum cleaners, microwaves, blenders etc. Here its a bit more expensive and many africans have not made their peace with these "mysterious" devices.

12 Likes

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by lolyx: 12:46am On Aug 30, 2012
i think i would just hire an housekeeper once a week instead of dealing with the stress and ache that this maids cause.

2 Likes

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Kobojunkie: 12:54am On Aug 30, 2012
kodewrita:

those oyinbos tend to make use of gadgets for a lot of the things they do in the house. essentially they replaced slave/menial labour with devices. washing machines, vacuum cleaners, microwaves, blenders etc. Here its a bit more expensive and many africans have not made their peace with these "mysterious" devices.

Really? Come one that is a lame reason for why these LAZY Nigerians wives cannot be as hard working as oyinbo wives.

Many Nigerian homes have blenders and other base gadgets that you find in your average Oyinbo home these days. Growing up we did not have washing machines and vacuums either but my mum did much of the house work and she did not make it seem as hard as many of these ladies who feel they need house help do. Heck, I live in the US and I don't have a vacuum cleaner. I still sweep the floor, scrub the toilet , the floor(2000 sqft) every week, and we still pound yam like when we lived in Nigeria, no househelp.

3 Likes

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by EfemenaXY: 1:16am On Aug 30, 2012
^^ Just make sure you don't look 40 at 25.

@ poster, I prefer neither. What I prefer, anytime, anyday always are my domestic gadgets.

My washing machine can easily do 5 / 6 large baskets of laundry, all hours, even at 2am in the morning without give me "bad eye".

My dishwasher washes up my cookery, cutlery, dishes, cups, glasses, pots and pans without so much as a complaint. It dries them up and never "accidentally" breaks my china ware.

My tumble dryer condenser happily dries up my 13 + togg super king-sized duvets, beddings, thick jeans trouser from all the males in my home, and more without "talking back" at me.

My steam steriliser, blenders, electric kettles, tin openers, rice cookers, deep freezers, vacuum cleaners and many more do those bit and pieces to make my life a lot more bearable.

So what do I need slave labour for?

2 Likes

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Aug 30, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Just make sure you don't look 40 at 25.

Oh please!!! If anything, men and women who do housework get their regular exercise which is good for maintaining young skin. grin

I just think this is lazy of Nigerian women.

I used to work with a lady here who worked 10 hours each day and still had to make time to take care of her home(make dinner, handle house chores, help her kids with their homework and still show up to deal with work projects and deliverable). You listen to her, and when you compare that to what you hear from the lazy breed of women we have in Nigeria , who don't even work full 8-hour days(work in Nigeria you cannot compare to work in the US at all), feel they need someone to help them at home and with their kids, outside of their spouse, and you wonder where the f**k we get this idea that all African women work harder.

2 Likes

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by ubiaa5(f): 1:31am On Aug 30, 2012
Kobojunkie: @POster, why maids at all? Even Oyinbo wey dey work so many hours more than most African women do, do not get maids the way you African women do. You folks need to stop being lazy and get over this "I am not complete without a maid for status" mentality.
well said,some women have one child and they need two house helps ,pure laziness

1 Like

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 30, 2012
@ Poster it depends. I have been lucky, I have both and they were all great and hardworking.
First Live In even before I remarried even though that was more so my Dad could feel less worried whenever I was home and switched off my phone for days in depression.
After she got married and left we agreed no more Live Ins, we have a widow who comes cleans and baby sits during the day, leaves when one of us gets home.
@ Kobo, while I believe some Nigerian women are very lazy, a house wife having 2 house helps Madam will be sitting in the sitting room, house help will be busy in the kitchen, someone will knock and the Madam will call the househelp to go and open the dorr.
However, in some cases having househelps is very necessary, Nigerian Men don't help out much, Hubby even though he knows how to do a lot doesn't like doing them, and he says he got married for companionship not for a cook, cleaner and breeder.
Left to him we will eat out all the time and leave the house dirty till we "make time" to clean, when we first married I will spend all my time cooking, cleaning and washing because I love clean and fresh, he didn't understand the fuss, he wanted to get back from work and relax with his family while I would come back and jump into making a clean house and good food.
It was a major issue till we sat, listened and sorted it out.
I disagree with the concept of househelps we have, people take advantage of people, over use them 14-16 hours a day withe very low renumeration, and deny them access to education.
I pay minimum wage and increase steadily each year, also pay cost of transportation and some benefits, the maid provides a service I don't and should be compensated as such. For my former maid she was very close and dear to us still is. Her income was good and she ran a weekend part time programme at a university, we didn't let her marry till she graduated.
Some people claim to "train" a househelp nut they put them in mushroom schools and hardly buy study books or give them time to study because as soon as they came back from school its work work work till they drop asleep @ 11 or 12. As soon as we get back Maid works ends and hubby and I take over.
Majority of the maid services I see around is totally wrong, I agree, but when we get it right it isn't a bad concept. Even you are employed to work because a boss realises he/ she can't do it all alone, what's important is that you get fair treatment and compensation plus benefits for your efforts

14 Likes

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Kobojunkie: 3:53am On Aug 30, 2012
debrief08: @ Poster it depends. I have been lucky, I have both and they were all great and hardworking.
First Live In even before I remarried even though that was more so my Dad could feel less worried whenever I was home and switched off my phone for days in depression.
After she got married and left we agreed no more Live Ins, we have a widow who comes cleans and baby sits during the day, leaves when one of us gets home.

debrief08:
@ Kobo, while I believe some Nigerian women are very lazy, a house wife having 2 house helps Madam will be sitting in the sitting room, house help will be busy in the kitchen, someone will knock and the Madam will call the househelp to go and open the dorr.
However, in some cases having househelps is very necessary, Nigerian Men don't help out much, Hubby even though he knows how to do a lot doesn't like doing them, and he says he got married for companionship not for a cook, cleaner and breeder.
Left to him we will eat out all the time and leave the house dirty till we "make time" to clean, when we first married I will spend all my time cooking, cleaning and washing because I love clean and fresh, he didn't understand the fuss, he wanted to get back from work and relax with his family while I would come back and jump into making a clean house and good food.
It was a major issue till we sat, listened and sorted it out.
That excuse does not work for me at all. I grew up around people who had big families . . We are talking women who had work to do(many of them market women), kids to tend to, slaved away all day, but still managed to get home to cook, and do chores all on their own. One particular neighbor of mine had 6 boys, and as a result she had to do it all (her sons were not all bad when it came to helping her on occasion). Her husband of cause was your typical Nigerian man, raised to believe he was some kind of god in his home.

You find similar stories here in the US. American women with 3 or more kids, who not only work 9-5 job schedules and then some, but still find time to take their kids to soccer practise, do the laundry, make dinner, do take-home work and still get up the next day to go back to it all. Many of the husbands in these pictures probably only take out the trash, and mow the lawn on saturday or sunday while downing a couple of beers.

It is just sad that many of our women today are simply LAZY . . . again, many of them do not have busy 9-5 schedules to deal with so pray tell, what the f**k are they doing that keeps them too busy all day that they cannot even maintain their own homes on their own?

debrief08:
Majority of the maid services I see around is totally wrong, I agree, but when we get it right it isn't a bad concept. Even you are employed to work because a boss realises he/ she can't do it all alone, what's important is that you get fair treatment and compensation plus benefits for your efforts

It is plain old SLAVERY. . . not much else. PLAIN OLD SLAVERY the new breed of lazy bums we call housewives are working hard to make a staple in Nigeria. What I find funny is that you have people who used to handle their own chores, do their own laundray and cooking (joggle it all while out in the west), but the minute they move back to Nigeria. . .these same start yappning about needing to hire drivers, a maid, a gateman etc. What the f**k for? As if suddenly life got a lot busier, which we all know is in fact BULL . . . . Anyone who has ever experience work like and hassle in the US, for instance and Nigeria will tell you straight up that life in the US is harder as in the demands, and expectations are much higher than in Nigeria !!
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by 9ja4us: 9:09am On Aug 30, 2012
@all,
Before you all yab away about Nigeria women being lazy and all.
Lets keep something in focus: Why do people become maids or house-keepers in the first place? Some have a penchant for cleaning(cases of western world) and as a means to survival( in our own case).
So whats the problem if people do this? Can't people have a survival streak and make them want to work?

The issue is with our rotten mentality and non-sensical self righteousness we all claim. So you dont need a maid, does it make people with maids bad? so you don't need a housekeeper, then those who use them are lazy.
Gadgets or not, hardworking or not, this is an era where people get to survive.
On the rotten mentality stand, You all believe house maids are slaves that why the only argument you could make against the people who use them are to tag them lazy and wicked. When you look at a house-help, what flashes through our black mind is 'less, un-fortunate, creepy and all sort' so immediately you think having them in your house need a hot debate. If we all get our acts right, and see maids, even touts as human being like your office CEO before their character defines them in your minds, then having a maid service in your house will not be a taboo.

Secondly, whats with the self righteousness sef, don't you all feel tired somedays? dont you all want to come home sometimes to a cleanhome? if someone can get it done for you, why not. Proclaimed travelers.... Janitorial services started from the west, what we do here is something else, and thankfully some individuals are bringing the dignity back to domestic/office cleaning.
if it will make you feel good, i am a mother of one without a live in maid, but yet, I have schedule routine with house-keepers. And fyi, they do the work as good as you do your bankjob and they get paid.
smh

10 Likes

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Bawss1(m): 11:08am On Aug 30, 2012
^^

So your own defense for having maids is attacking those who attacked the idea in the first place grin

@Topic
Non live-in house keepers seems the best route to go but is more expensive than its opposite. That probably explains why many Nigerian homes opt for the live-in types besides the fact that in many situations a distant relative can be drafted to play the role of a house-girl/boy at the drop of a hat.

Personally I prefer a valet like Alfred Pennyworth, always nearby to see to tedious domestic chores in addition to keeping my costume and gear ready.

1 Like

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by blank(f): 11:29am On Aug 30, 2012
Can we keep to topic?
It depends on what will work for you i.e your living situaution.
If you go to work very early and come home late and you have little kids that you do not want to put in creche, you can get a live-in maid. Because it will be kind of unfair to get someone that will come very early in the morning and leave very late at night to go home.
Some people do not want "outsiders" living in their homes so they opt for the live out maid.

I just want to implore you that anyone you choose to get should be paid fair wages and should not be a minor (i.e under 16 years of age).
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by lolyx: 11:53am On Aug 30, 2012
i am a mother of 2 and i have an housekeeper who comes 2 clean my house once a week and get paid afterwards.They are not as expensive as you think and besides those of us who dont have the time to deep clean our homes are also creating job opportunities for those housekeepers.So plsssssssssss it doesn't mean we are lazy.I got a live in maid once and while i was out shopping for her,she was busy robbing my home.She hadn't even spent a day.
Don't attack women,appreciate them cos its not easy,and not everyone can afford a washing machine or a dishwasher.

2 Likes

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Kobojunkie: 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2012
lolyx: i am a mother of 2 and i have an housekeeper who comes 2 clean my house once a week and get paid afterwards.They are not as expensive as you think and besides those of us who dont have the time to deep clean our homes are also creating job opportunities for those housekeepers.So plsssssssssss it doesn't mean we are lazy.I got a live in maid once and while i was out shopping for her,she was busy robbing my home.She hadn't even spent a day.
Don't attack women,appreciate them cos its not easy,and not everyone can afford a washing machine or a dishwasher.

I am sorry but that is non-sense . . the whole part about you creating jobs and all. grin grin grin

I appreciate women, I just don't don't appreciate LAZY WOMEN . . . That it is cheap is NO REASON why it is should be deemed right. We know women can do without it . . and we know is it is sort of status symbol in Nigeria. Unless you are going to tell me you have never had a conversation where you mentioned that you have a 'slave' you pay to come clean up after you. grin

If women with 3 or more kids, a business, and a home to keep, can handle their business without maids, there is no way you can convince me that a woman with 2 kids who works less than a 12-hour days(I am talking serious work not your typical Nigerian go-to-work-and-seat-and-play-MADAM kind jobs) [b]needs [/b]a housemaid. You may want one like millions of Nigerians have made us realize is the case, but needs, is another issue.

And speaking of washing machines . . .. . How many of your mothers/grandmothers had washing machines, blenders etc. to help them out with chores when they were raising you and putting food on the table, without maids to help them? This generations "because-I-chose-to-get-married-I-need-a-maid" mentality is nothing but laziness. There are already so many single women(no kids and all) also jumping on that bandwagon . . . getting for themselves maids to clean and do chores for them. Imagine that?

2 Likes

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by conda00410(m): 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
@Kobojuke: I tried making sense outta your post. you seems to have this in built beef towards Nigerian women. They rank among the most hardworking women alongside your Americans.
The world have evolved and a lot of make do delegations ease our day to day activities.

Either a live in or non live in maid totally depends on the requirement of the owner. From most experience people have scary stories of live-in maid hence the preference for a non live in maids.

Even with all the gadget installed in your apartment, there are instances when the need for a help comes in: The likes of Evelyn Janitorial service, OJ Janitor in dallas all provide home services to American homes that are equipped with updated gadgets so why cant our Nigerian women enjoy same.

5 Likes

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Kobojunkie: 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
conda00410: @Kobojuke: I tried making sense outta your post. you seems to have this in built beef towards Nigerian women. They rank among the most hardworking women alongside your Americans.
The world have evolved and a lot of make do delegations ease our day to day activities.

Either a live in or non live in maid totally depends on the requirement of the owner. From most experience people have scary stories of live-in maid hence the preference for a non live in maids.

Even with all the gadget installed in your apartment, there are instances when the need for a help comes in: The likes of Evelyn Janitorial service, OJ Janitor in dallas all provide home services to American homes that are equipped with updated gadgets so why cant our Nigerian women enjoy same.
If anyone is not making sense, it is you. First of all, I have made it clear that my problem is with many of these wives who hire maids , many of whom I explain are simply lazy . . . not all Nigerian woman have maids of course but I guess that one flew right past you.

You claim Nigerian women are ranked among the most hardworking women, I ask you by whom? Who ranked them? Can we see this ranking system and what it is based on? Cause I do not know of any ranking system out there that ranks women WITH MAIDS as some of the most hardworking women in the world.

A Janitorial service, that is available to a minority, is what you want to compare to this proliferation of the "we-need-a-maid-because-we-are-in-Nigeria" mentality in Nigeria? Really? ROFLMAO . . . How many Americans, in this economy, can afford to pay a Janitorial service $20,or more, an hour to clean their homes every week, let alone every other week? grin grin grin grin grin grin Heck, how many Americans even do it? You would have made more sense if you provided information to show that Nigerian women in America also hired maids in the same degree, but you know that won't even fly, so why try to make up silly stories suggesting people to the same extent, hire janitorial services?
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by 9ja4us: 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
@Kobojunkie... When someone ask which would you prefer, the answer is either this and/or that, or non at all.
So you dont prefer both. State your stands and move on.

Let me say again that yours or anybody's preference is not superior to every other person. Its just your preference only.
The begining and end of all your argument stinks of someone who is so opinionated.

I prefer to have non-live in housekeepers...because! You may feel in the blank yourself.
Again, smhs

5 Likes

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Kobojunkie: 1:41pm On Aug 30, 2012
9ja4us: @Kobojunkie... When someone ask which would you prefer, the answer is either this and/or that, or non at all.
So you dont prefer both. State your stands and move on.

Let me say again that yours or anybody's preference is not superior to every other person. Its just your preference only.
The begining and end of all your argument stinks of someone who is so opinionated.

I prefer to have non-live in housekeepers...because! You may feel in the blank yourself.
Again, smhs

I think you should learn to take your own advice . . . state your stands and move on. I have stated mine. . . don't pretend you can tell me how to state mine, ok?
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by free2ryhme: 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Oh please!!! If anything, men and women who do housework get their regular exercise which is good for maintaining young skin. grin

I just think this is lazy of Nigerian women.

I used to work with a lady here who worked 10 hours each day and still had to make time to take care of her home(make dinner, handle house chores, help her kids with their homework and still show up to deal with work projects and deliverable). You listen to her, and when you compare that to what you hear from the lazy breed of women we have in Nigeria , who don't even work full 8-hour days(work in Nigeria you cannot compare to work in the US at all), feel they need someone to help them at home and with their kids, outside of their spouse, and you wonder where the f**k we get this idea that all African women work harder.

This is a poor excuse for a regular exercise and you dont have to generalize Nigerian women as being lazy
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2012
free2ryhme:
This is a poor excuse for a regular exercise

How is it poor excuse for regular exercise. Not everyone has time to go to the gym on a regular basis, let alone pay for it. And so being able to keep fit even as you take care of your daily chores makes the work worth it.
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by LordReed(m): 1:50pm On Aug 30, 2012

And those with big homes also clean, cook and work all by themselves eh? And those who hire those mexican cleaning ladies, nannies, babysitters and what have you are not Oyinbo abi or maybe they too are lazy Oyinbo?
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Kobojunkie: 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed:

And those with big homes also clean, cook and work all by themselves eh? And those who hire those mexican cleaning ladies, nannies, babysitters and what have you are not Oyinbo abi or maybe they too are lazy Oyinbo?

Let me get this straight . . . you are trying to compare your average Nigerian woman, many of whom live in small 3 to 4 bedroom houses with rich American woman(many of them not even part of the 99%) who probably have no kids at all and live in huge mansions? lol . . . You sure say you take your meds this morning?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by free2ryhme: 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

How is it poor excuse for regular exercise. Not everyone has time to go to the gym on a regular basis, let alone pay for it. And so being able to keep fit even as you take care of your daily chores makes the work worth it.

you don't need a gym for good exercise let alone pay for it you can have a DIY approach to it. And as for engaging in regular daily routine chores to substitute will not yield the desirable result because you don't get all vital parts of your body exercised because it is impromptu and @ a point you lose concentration or focus and can be easily distracted

1 Like

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Chubhie: 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2012
kodewrita:

This cracked me up.
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by NobleAngell(f): 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
Well in ma opinion, i fink d non-live-in maid wil do. She s ballin outta ma house as soon as she's done cleanin. kiss

1 Like

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Lexusgs430: 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
Individual needs would determine requirements.
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Chaulay1: 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
@Kobojunkie

Since you strongly feel there is no need for maid services at all, I am just wondering if there is a way out of this situation I am going to describe.

Husband and wife leave home around 7:00am to be back usually 8:00pm. Before the arrival of a baby there was no need for any maid but then wife got pregnant and and will be due for delivery soon. In her place of work, she is only entitled to 6weeks maternity leave. The couple live very far from other family members and now the question is how will they cope without a maid. The wife is considering additional 6weeks off work without pay so that d baby will be 3months before her resumption. The option of resigning to look after the baby is no go area as the wife is the major financier of the home.

Now, what are the other options she has apart from a maid(nanny) considering the fact that Daycare centres close hours before her closing time. Infact, leaving the office for daycare runs is not feasible?
(Note: wife's mum is late and mother in-law will only be available few weeks after delivery)

Will appreciate other peoples' responses as well.

3 Likes

Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by Kobojunkie: 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
free2ryhme:
you don't need a gym for good exercise let alone pay for it you can have a DIY approach to it. And as for engaging in regular daily routine chores to substitute for easier you don't get all vital parts of your body exercised because it is impromptu and @ a point you lose concentration or focus and can be easily distracted

um . . .it is not to substitute for anything. Chores are chores and many of us actually do them on a regular basis. Whether you are sweeping, dusting, cooking, doing laundry -- many of them need to get done on a regular basis, and knowing that you burn calories as you do them helps you, your self-esteem, and your waist-line. That is it! And yes, you do get all the necessary parts of your body exercised . . while you are at it. Because if you have ever had to do your own chores, you move all parts of you to get much of the work done. From bending at the waist when sweeping or vacuuming, to the arm movements, walking around, when dusting or scrubbing, or wiping the floor, the lifting etc. You are exercising many of the vital muscles there. grin
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by 9javoice: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
Non dear. I prefer to do all the work and have a rest of mind!
Re: Live-In Maids Vs Non-Live-In HouseKeepers: Which Is Preferable? by LordReed(m): 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Let me get this straight . . . you are trying to compare your average Nigerian woman, many of whom live in small 3 to 4 bedroom houses with rich American woman(many of them not even part of the 99%) who probably have no kids at all and live in huge mansions? lol . . . You sure say you take your meds this morning?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Oh yeah remind me again any who disagrees with you takes meds....yeah check. Other 9 to 5-ers do not hire maids right? Rich American women not part of the 99% are the only ones who hire maids right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) / Things That Happen When You Grow-up In An African House / Good School In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.