Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure (12685 Views)

Okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu Led Barth Nnaji Other Igbo Leaders To Buhari (pics) / Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by mukina2: 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
PHCN workers across the country, who have been at loggerheads with the Barth Nnaji, have made it quite clear that they will not miss the former Minister of Power.

During the PHCN strike, some PHCN employees in Lagos claimed that the erstwhile minister was afraid to come to Lagos for fear of being mobbed by them. Nationally, the workers were constantly battling with Nnaji due to the minister’s refusal to pay them the severance benefits they sought.

Reacting to Nnaji’s termination the General Secretary of the Senior Staff Association of Electricity and Allied Companies (SSSAEA), Abiodun Ogunsegha, said all the PHCN workers across the country were thanking God.

“God has eventually answered our prayers and made the government to listen to us. It is obvious that the government has noted his several misdeeds. We are all very happy. In fact, we thank God for answering our prayers. We hope the government will appoint a right person that will carry all stakeholders along, especially the union to give Nigeria a stable power supply,” Ogunsegha said.

Speaking in reaction to the battle waged against him by the ‘powers that be’, Nnaji said he knew it was only a matter of time before the fight would cause him to be a casualty.

“The Federal Ministry of Power has always known that the beneficiaries of the old and decadent order in the electric power sector would not accept the new, far-reaching changes in the power sector without a fight.

“With power supply at an all-time high across the nation in the last few weeks and with the privatisation of PHCN assets at an advanced stage to the delight of the Nigerian people, those who have been feeding fat on the misery of our citizens have been fighting back with unimaginable ferocity.”

He also blamed the mass media for the development saying “they have not left anything to chance in the determination to scuttle the electric power reform, including spirited attempts to recruit some members of the mass media.”

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/43598-phcn-workers-celebrate-nnajis-departure
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2012
We want change,yet when it comes we run away.
"There's never a development without crisis"

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2012
In contrast, i think the PHCN workers are celebrating departure of constant power supply, which Prof Barth Nnaji represent.

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by gvconcept: 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
I think Nnaji should be begged to return...

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Acidosis(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2012
Enangson: In contrast, i think the PHCN workers are celebrating departure of constant power supply, which Prof Barth Nnaji represent.

Yes that is what we get, when an organisation like PHCN prefers to take in hoodlums, nitwits, bandits, and hooligans as staff.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Fhemmmy: 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2012
I am not sure what the crime of the dude was . . .
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by miky(m): 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2012
lol they say God answered their prayers,, what about the small gains in electricity that nigerians now stand to loose out on??
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Emmy9ite(m): 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2012
CABALS AT WORK!!!!
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2012
Nigerians seems to love the darkness more than the light

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Afam4eva(m): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2012
Now, back to business as usual...1diots.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by gbanikiti(m): 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2012
Enangson: In contrast, i think the PHCN workers are celebrating departure of constant power supply, which Prof Barth Nnaji represent.
is this the reason my area has been in total darkness since yesterday? Back to square one I guess.God punish satan!
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by 2rutalk1: 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2012
I am not sure what the crime of the dude was . . .
God bless you. It is obvious we don't need change in this country. If people can say anything against the ex-Minister despite his efforts in reviving the power sector, that means Nigerians don't know what they want.
With the level of commitment which he (Nnaji)discharged his duties in the Ministry, I am yet to see a Minister in the present cabinet that can be compared to him. People don't value what they have till they loose it.

6 Likes

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by playcharles(m): 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
cabals at wrk oooo....back to generator tinz 0 after how many month
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by DICKtator: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2012

Exactly. These mofos that do not want change . Stewpid saboteurs!!!.
It can not be stopped. In fact,he eft cos he has interests in the privatisation process and I heard GEJ has taken over. He would definately continue from where Prof. Barth stopped and "winch" out all these enemies of Nigeria's progress!!!.
grin grin grin grin
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by camcor(m): 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2012
Nigeria electricity workers detest good innovation in power sector. Nnaji, may God be with u

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Fhemmmy: 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2012
I was hoping the changes were here to stay . . what a shame!
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by DICKtator: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2012
gbanikiti: is this the reason my area has been in total darkness since yesterday? Back to square one I guess.God punish satan!

Your area also? What a co-incidence.
And no, not Satan, the saboteurs!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Built2last: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2012
It's pitiable that the only hope we have for stable power has been booted out by the same cabal that held us in darkness for over 60 years. why won't they rejoice. Prof. Barth has a white man's mentality and won't condescend to their mischief.I've never seen a country where people resist change like naija. Manyatta engineering belongs to vice president, why hasn't he resigned or do they think we are not aware that he is bidding through his inlaw.SMH

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Afam4eva(m): 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2012
I doubt is Nigeria will ever get out of darkness because this is the only person that came very close to solving the power problem but he lost the battle to the ever corrupt generator importers, government people and poverty stricken NEPA officials.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by alaoeri: 3:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
Some people are making billions with the present situation of the country so they won't want a tangible change that's why only intellectual revolution 'll change the situation of this country.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2012
alaoeri: Some people are making billions with the present situation of the country so they won't want a tangible change that's why only intellectual revolution 'll change the situation of this country.

cool cool cool
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by CeaserB: 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
[size=13pt]And How Will This Reduce The Huge Amount I Pay To PHCN Even With No Service Rendered! angry
Mtcheeeewww...[/size] angry

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by ebamma(m): 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
Fhemmmy: I am not sure what the crime of the dude was . . .
his crime was trying to use his position as the minister of power to influence the bidding process of power plants to his company's advantage

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by itiswell1(m): 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
mukina2:

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/43598-phcn-workers-celebrate-nnajis-departure
[quote author=mukina2]

Did the secretary actually say they are happy that we will return to the old era? SMH
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by dasparrow: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
@Post

Of course they will celebrate. I was not expecting them to act any different. This whole PHCN - Nnaji saga has opened my eyes to a couple of things. I now know that there is a segment of the Nigerian populace who are pleased with the fact that we have epileptic power supply and would like the power situation to remain the way it is. Anyways, na dem know.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by filcast(m): 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2012
afam4eva: I doubt is Nigeria will ever get out of darkness because this is the only person that came very close to solving the power problem but he lost the battle to the ever corrupt generator importers, government people and poverty stricken NEPA officials.

Ala adighi mma bu uru ndi nze

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by nduchucks: 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2012
Fhemmmy: I am not sure what the crime of the dude was . . .

Why didn't you read up before you posted such a statement? Ignorance enabled by laziness is not good, why you dey disappoint people with this kind of a statement? SMH
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Fhemmmy: 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Why didn't you read up before you posted such a statement? Ignorance enabled by laziness is not good, why you dey disappoint people with this kind of a statement? SMH

Lol . . .
Tell me his real offence, Sir, and leave all this story alone . . . Thanks.
I am sure one day, we will know what is eating you up about Fhemmmy Motos (Tell those that are sending you, that Fhemmmy is too matured to exchange words, so Pal, Love you like a brother still) Too much anger could explode a great heart, Sir

Is this his offense " It is obvious that the government has noted his several misdeeds. We are all very happy. "
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by kelvincoll(m): 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
I weep for my country sad sad sad sad

If we don't get it right now. when?
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by maasoap(m): 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
He was not sacked at all, he only resigned due to conflict of interests. How could you be a minister of power and still wanted to buy what you spearheaded its sale? BTW, the current improvement in the electricity supply was as a result of raining season as it was confirmed by government representative itself just last week. You've been told to expect a drop in supply once water level decreases in next 5 or 6 months. Whether Nnaji resign or not, electricity will still go back to its usual level. BTW, Nnaji is a thief, he removed 150naira maintenance fee only to replace it 500naira fixed charge! That's pure counter productive in nature.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Mavor: 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
You know how much generator importers dey settle these muthafuc<kin PHCN niggaz to dey deliberately take light for some "choice" areas? Thunder fire Satan!!! What goes around surely will come around.
Re: PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure by Afam4eva(m): 3:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
Infact, a law should be passed banning generators. jail terms should be introduced to the public depending on the KVA that they're using. Life sentence should be given to retailers while importers should be executed by hanging. This is getting annoying

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Mini-bus Driver Returns N380,000 Cheque And N49 000 Cash To Owner / Buhari’s SGF Spends N65 Million On OSGF WEBSITE / Herman Hembe Influenced N800m Projects In 2018 Budget After Sack - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.