Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,270 members, 7,780,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:29 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (747271 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 9:05am On Feb 08, 2013
chatdare:
@jennykadry,I just receive an addmission offer from ETI to study elicos programme (english),i was ask to accept the offer by making payment and signing some other documents the total cost of the course is $6570 for six month..
What surprises me is that I don't apply for english I applied for other certificate course...is it possible for them to offer me english without me applying for it.I won't mind 2 u send a copy of the offer letter so u can help me go through it and explain better 2 me....I will like to hear from u so as to send u a copy.
I support jennykadry summation.. Bt if I may ask wats ur highest qualification? Dat shld b d deciding factor of what u apply for.. Why not apply for a higher degree if u av d academic know how to do so... Make sure u do ur own personal research b4 either acceptin or rejectin d offer..d final decision lies with u.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:26am On Feb 08, 2013
@Goshen,
I can sight you o! How are you? What's happening? I am eagerly waiting for your news. It's coming soon in Jesus' name (amen).
Mind you, UNSW rejected my application; too much grammatical excuse for me. It's well.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 08, 2013
RedReact: @Jenny,
Maybe you can give him an explanation for what hasn't been answered.
He asked if a third class degree could earn an admission into Masters program or PgD. To me, it can't earn admission into Masters, cos it's not possible here in Nigeria, except through PgD. What I don't know is PgD.
In case he can't get admitted into PgD, then what can he do?
Explanation would be appreciated.

If he can't get admitted into a masters program, then he should do a TAFE course that can be similar to the masters course. I know of a geologist who couldn't get into a masters course but decided to do a 2 year course TAFE in mining and surveying . I also know you have to have a stand out result/GPA to get into a masters course here but even those with very low GPA here got into masters, maybe it's because they are citizens/PR or have been studying here for a while. I have heard stories of first class graduates turned down for masters in Nigeria. Man know man is what that country is all about.

I would suggest he applies for a program here and see if he scales through if he can't get in, get a TAFE course closer to his choice of masters

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chatdare(m): 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2013
zioni:
I support jennykadry summation.. Bt if I may ask wats ur highest qualification? Why not apply for a higher degree... Make sure u do ur own personal research b4 either acceptin or rejectin d offer..d final decision lies with u.
Thanks to jennykadry,zion and red...I graduated with a 3rd class,but I think Tafe courses will be cheaper for me dan masters,and by d time am thru with d TAfe course I can re apply for my masters programe over dere in aussie,plz what do u think about dat?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
After the TAFE course, you can apply for permanent residency and do your masters after that.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2013
Sent you an email
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 1:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
@Jenny,can you please explain this TAFE stuff to us and how it works.you mentioned that one can use it to apply for permanent residence permit after completion.Can a graduate of 2:2 do the course since the tuition is not that expensive.Thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2013
There is a visa called graduate visa, you are eligible for that visa if you have studied for a minimum of 2 years. There are some points you have to meet to to get your PR visa, studying in a regional town increases your point. From the graduate visa, you can apply for PR. or if you finish your TAFE course and get a company willing to sponsor you, you don't need to apply for graduate visa, the company sponsors you for permanent residence direct

TAFE is a recognised way of study here that has to do with certifictes, diploma, advanced diploma etc . it is a step below uni. it is highly recognised here. Yes a graduate with 2:2 can apply for it

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2013
jennykadry: There is a visa called graduate visa, you are eligible for that visa if you have studied for a minimum of 2 years. There are some points you have to meet to to get your PR visa, studying in a regional town increases your point. From the graduate visa, you can apply for PR. or if you finish your TAFE course and get a company willing to sponsor you, you don't need to apply for graduate visa, the company sponsors you for permanent residence direct

TAFE is a recognised way of study here that has to do with certifictes, diploma, advanced diploma etc . it is a step below uni. it is highly recognised here. Yes a graduate with 2:2 can apply for it

Thanks for such wonderful information,i noticed that some university also offers this TAFE course,could you link me to where i found this course so that i can make choice,most university offers it in Science related but i have Bsc In Edu.Account.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
TAFE is not a university course. A lecture might take place in uni it does not make it a uni course. It is a pathway to a uni course for those that want to go further. Curtin uni in Perth offer TAFE course in their campus at Bentley. It does not change your TAFE certificate to a degree.

Google "tafe courses in australia for international student" many TAFE courses and participating schools will pop up.

If you want to study In Western Australia use this link. http://www.eti.wa.edu.au/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
Jenny you are the best
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 4:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
jennykadry: TAFE is not a university course. A lecture might take place in uni it does not make it a uni course. It is a pathway to a uni course for those that want to go further. Curtin uni in Perth offer TAFE course in their campus at Bentley. It does not change your TAFE certificate to a degree.

Google "tafe courses in australia for international student" many TAFE courses and participating schools will pop up.

If you want to study In Western Australia use this link. http://www.eti.wa.edu.au/

I have gone through the site it was very interesting,i will like to know how possible it could be to use it get a student visa since is more of undergraduate program not post graduate diploma either,will i be given student visa,can i work and study,can i bring my dependent after,i see diploma in marketing which i will like to apply,hope they dont use to do like canada and USA that doesnt give visa when you apply a course below your former educational level.Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2013
chatdare:
Thanks to jennykadry,zion and red...I graduated with a 3rd class,but I think Tafe courses will be cheaper for me dan masters,and by d time am thru with d TAfe course I can re apply for my masters programe over dere in aussie,plz what do u think about dat?
What u graduated with shuldnt b a problem because I also graduated with a 3rd class in chemistry education and I am going for my masters in environmental management. Thou I av 2yrs working experience with UNICEF as an environmental officer. Don't let ur grade stop u from appling for masters. Apply to as many schools as possible one will accept u. I applied to only one school and I was given unconditional offer of admission within 3weeks. So step up ur faith and believe God will favour u.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 10:34pm On Feb 08, 2013
zioni:
What u graduated with shuldnt b a problem because I also graduated with a 3rd class in chemistry education and I am going for my masters in environmental management. Thou I av 2yrs working experience with UNICEF as an environmental officer. Don't let ur grade stop u from appling for masters. Apply to as many schools as possible one will accept u. I applied to only one school and I was given unconditional offer of admission within 3weeks. So step up ur faith and believe God will favour u.
Shalom

please which University that give your unconditional offer
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chatdare(m): 11:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
zioni:
Shalom
@zioni, thanks a milli. I studied eco edu...did u apply to d university direct ? If yes plz can u let me knw the name of the uni,so I can try my luck.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chatdare(m): 11:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
jennykadry: Sent you an email
@jennykadry, I willforward it as soon as possible.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chookudi(m): 12:39am On Feb 09, 2013
@jennykadry, God bless u plenty for all ur advice and suggestion. My question to u is this..My younger brother got admission to university of sydney 4 his masters in pharmacy and has applied for Visa and all...this afternoon, he received a call frm the embassy in pretoria asking him 2 commence his medicals. However he seemed a bit jittery and he told me dat in d medical history segment of his visa form, wen asked if he ever had TB or has TB, he ticked NO. Bt truth is he had TB about 7yrs ago which was promptly treated and he has been fine ever since. However the Xray 2 be done will most likely detect that he once had TB..hw will d "false" info he gave them affect his chances of visa??what can be done nw??admit he had TB or jst pretend and stick 2 his original stance??Thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 2:14am On Feb 09, 2013
chatdare:
@zioni, thanks a milli. I studied eco edu...did u apply to d university direct ? If yes plz can u let me knw the name of the uni,so I can try my luck.
U can apply online directly to d school @ unisa.edu.au University of south australia. Make sure u certify (true copy) all documents you want to submit

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 2:22am On Feb 09, 2013
chookudi: @jennykadry, God bless u plenty for all ur advice and suggestion. My question to u is this..My younger brother got admission to university of sydney 4 his masters in pharmacy and has applied for Visa and all...this afternoon, he received a call frm the embassy in pretoria asking him 2 commence his medicals. However he seemed a bit jittery and he told me dat in d medical history segment of his visa form, wen asked if he ever had TB or has TB, he ticked NO. Bt truth is he had TB about 7yrs ago which was promptly treated and he has been fine ever since. However the Xray 2 be done will most likely detect that he once had TB..hw will d "false" info he gave them affect his chances of visa??what can be done nw??admit he had TB or jst pretend and stick 2 his original stance??Thank you
I wuld advice he shld go clean and be honest when completing the medical form 26 and form 160. For them to av asked him to commence medicals they r ready to grant him his study visa. So if d x-ray is gonna show he had TB den he shuldnt lie abt d TB. There is space on d form to explain. And he can also. Reply his case officer and show supporting documents dat he had TB 7yrs ago and had treated the TB. My summation is for your brother come out clean. God would favor him..we r waiting for good news frm him oooooo....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:33am On Feb 09, 2013
Zioni has answered your question. He should have been open about it from the set go. Let him truthfully answer the questions in the medical forms. Web a person is asked to proceed for Medicals, they will get their visa If all goes well.

Masters in pharmacy hmmmmmmm, Has he got a degree in pharmacy? He is going to earn good money if he gets a job after studies here. Between 45-50 dollars per hour
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 2:39am On Feb 09, 2013
jennykadry: Zioni has answered your question. He should have been open about it from the set go. Let him truthfully answer the questions in the medical forms. Web a person is asked to proceed for Medicals, they will get their visa If all goes well.

Masters in pharmacy hmmmmmmm, Has he got a degree in pharmacy? He is going to earn good money if he gets a job after studies here. Between 45-50 dollars per hour
@jennykadry how much do you think I will earn per hour after completing my master of environmental management?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:09am On Feb 09, 2013
What will you get called post studies, environmental scientist?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 4:01am On Feb 09, 2013
jennykadry: What will you get called post studies, environmental scientist?
Environmental manager/scientist in general an environmentalist. Its rilly a broad field.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:24am On Feb 09, 2013
It is a broad field I know Cos my sister is an environmental scientist. Go on google and refine your search. It's difficult for me to say the salary exactly, it's a road field.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 4:43am On Feb 09, 2013
jennykadry: It is a broad field I know Cos my sister is an environmental scientist. Go on google and refine your search. It's difficult for me to say the salary exactly, it's a road field.
Thanks jenny. Pls can u give me an estimate of what ur sister gets p/hr as an environmental scientist
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:15am On Feb 09, 2013
To be honest I don't know. We don't discuss each others salary. She has no idea how much I earn and vice versa cheesy .

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 5:20am On Feb 09, 2013
jennykadry: To be honest I don't know. We don't discuss each others salary. She has no idea how much I earn and vice versa cheesy .
@ jenny. Tanx for d reply..Pls u av any idea on how I can locate nigerians in south australia (Adelaide) before my arrival on d 19th
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:24am On Feb 09, 2013
The best way to meet Nigerians is when you arrive in Adelaide. Meeting them online is not a better way to go about it cos you know absolutely nothing about them. Come here, have a look around, talk with them and choose your friends wisely.

Though the Nigerians here are more responsible than the ones in Europe cos the ones here are either professionals or students. They cannot just slip into the country like they do in Europe, they have to be doing something legit to be allowed into this country.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zioni: 6:15am On Feb 09, 2013
jennykadry: The best way to meet Nigerians is when you arrive in Adelaide. Meeting them online is not a better way to go about it cos you know absolutely nothing about them. Come here, have a look around, talk with them and choose your friends wisely.

Though the Nigerians here are more responsible than the ones in Europe cos the ones here are either professionals or students. They cannot just slip into the country like they do in Europe, they have to be doing something legit to be allowed into this country.
Thanks and God bless. If I may ask did u in anyway study counseling?? The way and manner u advice is jst so professional and wonderful.. More grease to ur elbow
Shalom
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 7:33am On Feb 09, 2013
sis jenny,can you revisit my former question to you please
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chookudi(m): 7:38am On Feb 09, 2013
@zioni and jennykadry, tanx a lot for that info..I'll definitely tell him 2 be truthful..So u r saying that even though he lied in d visa form, he can still make amends in d medical form and be granted the visa??also will he have to fill the form before going for the medicals or he will have to do that while undergoing the medicals in the presence of the doctors?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (401)

North Cyprus / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.