Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752134 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
There are pros and cons to everything. If one wants flexibility, you have to sacrifice something. Like i said it's family friendly, people get to travel for holidays without waiting for when school is off session, all they need is an Internet and they are good to travel the world, the can work anytime of the day without fixing work around school schedule. Students are also required to travel to the school on few occasions every year.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 3:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
@jenny,read my question and answer all,you only answered one of them
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 3:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
jennykadry: There are pros and cons to everything. If one wants flexibility, you have to sacrifice something. Like i said it's family friendly, people get to travel for holidays without waiting for when school is off session, all they need is an Internet and they are good to travel the world, the can work anytime of the day without fixing work around school schedule. Students are also required to travel to the school on few occasions every year.

Alright.

TAFE for Masters; how possible? Would the TAFE be regarded as an additional qualification to someone that has a first degree or what? The TAFE is used for undergraduate program, but using it for postgraduate is what I do not understand. Kindly explain.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
I will only speak for miners. I know of a geologist from nigeria who came here and did an undergraduate course in mining at TAFE cos that was his option of working within his field of expertise. Right now he has the option of working as a geologist or a core miner he is a citizen. TAFE is undergraduate not masters.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
Surecan

Use your WAEC. Tell them the truth about your qualifications. People change fields all the time, engineers starting from scratch to be doctors and vice versa. No wonder medical school here have students in their 40's all graduates and professionals but seeking another path of study

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by goshen(m): 3:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
jennykadry: Call them on the phone. They receive emails 200 emails, do not expect them to reply all.

Did you apply online or paper? When does your course start? Does the ref number consist of letters and numbers?

Letters and number.Paper application. Would call them then
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
goshen:

Letters and number.Paper application. Would call them then

Cool, if it were online I was going to check it it for you. Call them
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
jennykadry: TAFE is undergraduate not masters.
I know that one. I just pulled it from your response to a question by someone, I guess chatdare or another person.
Thanks so much for your response.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
RedReact:
I know that one. I just pulled it from your response to a question by someone, I guess chatdare or another person.
Thanks so much for your response.

No worries.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
If my sponsor didnt not have up to the amount on the minimum living expenses but he have close to the amount and he have very good source of income that will appear in his statement of account,contract letter and pay slip,do you think that i will have a better chance to get visa.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
surecan: If my sponsor didnt not have up to the amount on the minimum living expenses but he have close to the amount and he have very good source of income that will appear in his statement of account,contract letter and pay slip,do you think that i will have a better chance to get visa.

Okay, on this one I stand to be corrected. If a sponsor does not meet the minimum living expenses amount (is it like 18k??) I don't think the visa will be granted. All they want is for you to meet the minimum requirement and that includes financial requirements. I don't know if you will be granted visa without meeting the financial aspect. That actual money is what they want to see.

I will leave this one for bbaamega and co to answer.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
thank you Jenny,u r still the best
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 4:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
for instance i live in abroad alone,and my wife(nigeria) is the one going for like 1.5 year TAFE course,do you think both of us can apply the visa at the same time or she apply and go first then i will join her may be in 7 to 8 months later,then in case i want to join later,what type of visa will i apply?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
surecan: for instance i live in abroad alone,and my wife(nigeria) is the one going for like 1.5 year TAFE course,do you think both of us can apply the visa at the same time or she apply and go first then i will join her may be in 7 to 8 months later,then in case i want to join later,what type of visa will i apply?

Whoever the primary applicant is must include immediate family members in their visa application. Your wife will include you in her visa, you will get your visas the same time and then you can travel whenever you want. It's on their Immigration site.

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/572-3/eligibility-family.htm

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 4:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
jennykadry:

Whoever the primary applicant is must include immediate family members in their visa application. Your wife will include you in her visa, you will get your visas the same time and then you can travel whenever you want. It's on their Immigration site.

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/572-3/eligibility-family.htm

this is very interesting,please explain this to me very well,i am not in Nigeria and my wife is in Nigeria,what of my intl passport and medical for me
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
Her case officer will advise you and her on what to do.

Remember she must include you in her application.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2013
If your country of residence has an Australian high commission , you could get your passport stamped there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 4:44pm On Feb 13, 2013
jenny! jenny!! jenny!!!

how many times did I call you? cheesy

you are surely the best. keep this good work
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 4:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
if i know of this for long,i wouldnt have been wasting my time for long.I taught that i must be present in Nigeria to send my own application to join her.Bu they dont issue visa on the passport again now
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
surecan: if i know of this for long,i wouldnt have been wasting my time for long.I taught that i must be present in Nigeria to send my own application to join her.Bu they dont issue visa on the passport again now

No, she will include you, all she needs is your passport bio data page, birth certificate, marriage certificate and all other documents and yous are good to go.
As per issuing visa labels, that's true, I completely forgot. So yous are fine

Lol@ cconcept

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 4:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
jennykadry: How much is the fees? You can still work but you will need a lot of help from back home.

what do you mean by a lot of help? please elaborate
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
cconcept:

what do you mean by a lot of help? please elaborate

Help from nigeria I mean. He cannot work, pay his bills and save that amount of money for school
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 5:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
cconcept: jenny! jenny!! jenny!!!

how many times did I call you? cheesy

tiyi ondled and tati tiyi grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Am I correct?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 5:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
@jennykadry:

Hi Jenny. I'm the guy that inquired about the kind of foodstuffs to bring into Australia on the other thread. You said I'd catch up with you here.

Thanks for your usual elaborate response. I've forwarded same to my wife. To be clear, should we grind the fish as well or they could be brought in dried pieces (I mean hell-dried. lol)?

My PR visa is 175 (Independent Migrant Visa) which is also 189 under SkillSelect. I'll be coming over with my family next month. We'll be arriving and staying in Sydney until there is a need to change.

I've tried as much as possible to perfect my migration plans without having to be a bother to other people - but you never know. A word of advice wouldn't be out of place particularly from grandmasters like you.

Hence, I'd appreciate if you'd drop me a line or two at manmeta1@yahoo.com

Thanks and God bless you really good.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
Good you are coming in as a PR. Yes please grind the fish to powder form.

What kind of advise are you looking for? Please make sure when you arrive you apply for Medicare card. Your own case is easy, you are a PR already. cheesy

Please watch your friends and choose them wisely. This country has so many opportunities, please grab the, when you arrive.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 5:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
jennykadry: Good you are coming in as a PR. Yes please grind the fish to powder form.

What kind of advise are you looking for? Please make sure when you arrive you apply for Medicare card. Your own case is easy, you are a PR already. cheesy

Please watch your friends and choose them wisely. This country has so many opportunities, please grab the, when you arrive.

Thanks Ma. About the advice, none for now. Just thinking you'd have some from your experience. 'Think I've done enough background work for now. If I really need help, I'll get in touch.

Thanks so much.

PS: Without any intention to flatter, I must confess you are doing a great job here with the way you're helping individuals demystify fuzzy migration palava, pro bono. This is what some migration agents collect 'heavy' money for without even solving their clients' problems. Well done Ma.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 5:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
jennykadry: Good you are coming in as a PR. Yes please grind the fish to powder form.

Thanks Ma. About the advice, none for now. Just thinking you'd have
some from your experience. 'Think I've done enough background work for
now. If I really need help, I'll get in touch.

Thanks so much.

PS: Without any intention to flatter, I must confess you are doing a
great job here with the way you're helping individuals demystify fuzzy
migration palava, pro bono. This is what some migration agents collect
'heavy' money for without even solving their clients' problems. Well done
Ma.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 6:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
@jenny,they may advice me to go for medicals in my place of residence if need arise in stead of coming back to Nigeria?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iry5648: 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
surecan: If my sponsor didn't not have up to the amount on the minimum living expenses but he have close to the amount and he have very good source of income that will appear in his statement of account,contract letter and pay slip,do you think that i will have a better chance to get visa.

Hi Surecan,

I can assist with this question , when my brother was sponsored we didn't have the exact amount of living expense but it was close I would say $7k short the first semester fees was also paid .We provided proof of a steady source of income in the form of pay slip and a statement of account.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surecan: 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
@iry5648,thanks for coming in,did your brother go for masters,bsc or TAFE,do you mean that 7k is what his sponsor show as balance in his statement of account
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iry5648: 8:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
surecan: @iry5648,thanks for coming in,did your brother go for masters,bsc or TAFE,do you mean that 7k is what his sponsor show as balance in his statement of account

He went for a one year Masters program. I meant the amount in his sponsors statement of account was short of $7K in meeting the remaining school fees (one semester) and living expense requirement.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:56am On Feb 14, 2013
Isn't living expenses different from tuition fees? Tuition fees, as long as you have paid your first fees, you don't need to have the fees for the next semester all you need are pay slips and all what not. The one that I am not sure about is the money for living expenses. That money is different from school fees.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.