Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,943 members, 7,799,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (750959 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 5:00am On Jul 21, 2014
Walker0809: hello well done to the good work here i must confess am much impressed as i came across the thread actually i have interest in the country i had my bsc in Nigeria bsc economics and am presently in Germany for my masters prog and should be 2ru soon but am interested in Australia for a short time program. checked the courses on the TAFE and saw some cool and cheap once also will just like if i can get more info here. thnks ma people
why go for tafe again when your getting your masters soon...doesnt fit in the plan...or can someone help out

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Walker0809: 5:52am On Jul 21, 2014
juliana13139: why go for tafe again when your getting your masters soon...doesnt fit in the plan...or can someone help out

Yah thanks was kind of confused also when I saw the requirement cos all I need is are basic requirement just want to go in for a skilled programme and see what happens after actually am tired of dis country future is not here from ma perspective. Can u advice me on wat to do
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 8:31am On Jul 21, 2014
Hey guys,

Do Australia have anything called Cable Visa?

Please someone should educate me, please.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 8:34am On Jul 21, 2014
xkunzo: yes i can read English of cos

Ok good. You can learn more about the requirements from these websites.

1. http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/600.aspx
2. http://www.vfsglobal.com/australia/nigeria/visitor-visa.html

Come back if you have got SPECIFIC questions.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 9:29am On Jul 21, 2014
@ walker0809
Dont be confused. I would have suggested you finish with your M.Sc and then proceed to PhD. You may even be lucky to get scholarship if you work on journal publications. Keep moving up!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 11:59am On Jul 21, 2014
Nwokenna:
I believe seeing is believing, tell us how it goes when you come in without it.

@Nwokena. I greet you. Pls hw long did it take for Aussie immigration to contact u after medicals? I had mine May 26th(Fatai williams in Lagos) but I hav not heard frm them. I need someone to talk to, ANXIETY wan kill me! I sent u mail on this, I have not gotten a reply.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
what level is your submission? If it is level 3, it may take longer! You may choose to contact the office.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
aduktus: @ walker0809
Dont be confused. I would have suggested you finish with your M.Sc and then proceed to PhD. You may even be lucky to get scholarship if you work on journal publications. Keep moving up!

Great piece of advice, well done.

You know it takes a determined mind to pursue a PhD. Also, one shouldn't pursue a PhD because of how much some experienced professors earn (not usually much I guess) as it takes a lot of hard work to climb the ladder of academia. Unsurprisingly, some people will prefer going for another MSc instead of a doctoral degree.

Walker0809, go for the TAFE if that's what your heart desires. I believe the admission application process is similar to the process that landed you a MSc offer in Germany.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Walker0809: 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
aduktus: @ walker0809

yah that for sure i will finish my msc but man PHD LOL nt possible education abroad is nt wat we think.... but just need few month tranning in another sure country cos of ma msc prog.. thanks much man.may god help us
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Walker0809: 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
FutureDon:

Great piece of advice, well done.

You know it takes a determined mind to pursue a PhD. Also, one shouldn't pursue a PhD because of how much some experienced professors earn (not usually much I guess) as it takes a lot of hard work to climb the ladder of academia. Unsurprisingly, some people will prefer going for another MSc instead of a doctoral degree.

Walker0809, go for the TAFE if that's what your heart desires. I believe the admission application process is similar to the process that landed you a MSc offer in Germany.

lol omo PHD IS MAD OOO nt even in german germany education system is nt even encouraging for a normal human being to do PHD even BSC na die.. but all is good sha.. thanks man
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
Walker0809:

lol omo PHD IS MAD OOO nt even in german germany education system is nt even encouraging for a normal human being to do PHD even BSC na die.. but all is good sha.. thanks man
I can see that.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
@walker
do you have publications in international journals?
are you consistently making As in your results?
do you have a thorough understanding of research methodology and can do independent study?
are you financially capable of funding or you are relying on scholarships?
is your goal academic research or PR?

think about these and many more-it will help you decide if a phd study is best for you and probably you can get an offer in australia
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 1:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
Walker0809:

Haha, could my advisor be abnormal to have had his PhD in Germany? Broda, you funny well well grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
UBKtech:
YES, by including them DIBP considers that they may come to join you later. Therefore, they need to pass the health and character requirements as well

Thank you.

Guess its better not to fill that part for now.....

Gracias
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
bellong:
Thank you.
Guess its better not to fill that part for now.....
Gracias

You have to list all your family members now...cos when you want to file for them to come over, you might encounter a bit of trouble, as they were not originally listed.....u get? Don't think they will have to do medicals now sha, as they are not migrating with you, so it will be a waste. If at any point in time you would like to change their status to migrating, then they will have to do medicals and pcc.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
bossladyMo:

You have to list all your family members now...cos when you want to file for them to come over, you might encounter a bit of trouble, as they were not originally listed.....u get? Don't think they will have to do medicals now sha, as they are not migrating with you, so it will be a waste. If at any point in time you would like to change their status to migrating, then they will have to do medicals and pcc.

The question I asked initially was whether they will be required to do the medicals now to which UBKtech responded in the affirmative. Are you sure the medicals will not be required now until they are migrating?

UBKtech has passed through this stage and he said it is required now. Need to be sure before filling the form.

Thank you
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Na wao o. Make una answer me na! I have been asking who have experience or knows someone tht has done medicals for PR and how long it took for Visa to come out; nobody answer me. I did my medicals since May and am yet to be contacted. Pls any ideas...I beg. Biko...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
prechear: Na wao o. Make una answer me na! I have been asking who have experience or knows someone tht has done medicals for PR and how long it took for Visa to come out; nobody answer me. I did my medicals since May and am yet to be contacted. Pls any ideas...I beg. Biko...

There is no specific time frame but the waiting period now is about 3 months. The process is faster depending on the subclass, seems 190 is faster than 189.

Keep waiting and you will get the positive mail you have been waiting for.

Between, were the non-migrating family members requested to do medical test at the time of your application?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
bellong:

There is no specific time frame but the waiting period now is about 3 months. The process is faster depending on the subclass, seems 190 is faster than 189.

Keep waiting and you will get the positive mail you have been waiting for.

Between, were the non-migrating family members requested to do medical test at the time of your application?
@Bellong
Tnx. The Non-migrating family members were not requested to do medicals. Its only me, the principal applicant, tht was asked to do medicals. Mine is subclass 189. Pls the 3 months you mentioned; is from the date of medicals or from the date of application?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 4:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
prechear:
@Bellong
Tnx. The Non-migrating family members were not requested to do medicals. Its only me, the principal applicant, tht was asked to do medicals. Mine is subclass 189. Pls the 3 months you mentioned; is from the date of medicals or from the date of application?

According to DIBP and some people I know who got theirs, it is from the date of application.

I am not sure for subclass 189, I think it takes longer. Not too sure though.

Thank you for answering my question.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
bellong:

According to DIBP and some people I know who got theirs, it is from the date of application.

I am not sure for subclass 189, I think it takes longer. Not too sure though.

Thank you for answering my question.
@bellong
Tnx once again.
I will keep waiting and hoping for that GOLDEN email. Are u an Aussie hopeful or u are already there? We can inbox one another, if u don't mind.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
prechear:
@bellong
Tnx once again.
I will keep waiting and hoping for that GOLDEN email. Are u an Aussie hopeful or u are already there? We can inbox one another, if u don't mind.

Good to see another recent pr applicant. I heard that Naija medicals are usually reffered, and referred medicals take at least 45days. Dont worry, it will come in soon. Pls share your timeline, for us future applicants I.e when you got invited, when you got a co, and when the co asked you to go do medicals.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
bellong:

The question I asked initially was whether they will be required to do the medicals now to which UBKtech responded in the affirmative. Are you sure the medicals will not be required now until they are migrating?

UBKtech has passed through this stage and he said it is required now. Need to be sure before filling the form.

Thank you

It just doesn't make sense for dibp to ask for medicals from non-mig family members, cos medicals are only valid for a year. Oh well, it's their country, their rules
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
bossladyMo: .

Good to see another recent pr applicant. I heard that Naija medicals are usually reffered, and referred medicals take at least 45days. Dont worry, it will come in soon. Pls share your timeline, for us future applicants I.e when you got invited, when you got a co, and when the co asked you to go do medicals.
@Bosslady
Here is my timeline:
12th March 2014-Lodged my EOI
27th March 2014- Invited to lodge formal application
16th April 2014-Lodged formal application
16 May 2014-My Case Officer requested for additional information
and asked me to undergo medicals either in Lagos or Abuja
26th May-Date- Did my medicals and I still dey wait o o o o. Hoping for the best
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
@BossLady MONTH
One more thing; u said tht Naija medicals are usually reffered and it takes 45days. Pls what do u mean by 'REFFERED'. Pls throw more light and d 45days
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
Your timeline is still pretty much on track, nothing out of the ordinary...so nothing to fear. I prefer when the co asks to go do medicals, than frontloading medicals...that way you can track your application, and know if all is going well. Give it till the end of this month, max end of next month.

What is your nom occupation? Mine is 234111...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
prechear: @BossLady MONTH
One more thing; u said tht Naija medicals are usually reffered and it takes 45days. Pls what do u mean by 'REFFERED'. Pls throw more light and d 45days

Medicals from highrisk countries are usually worked on by the MOC, medical officer of the commonwealth. That is why you see a Briton who did medicals on the 1st, and got grant on the 5th, but a HR applcant has to wait a while. It's no biggie, medicals usually clear if you have no underlying illness like tuberculosis etc.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 5:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
bossladyMo: Your timeline is still pretty much on track, nothing out of the ordinary...so nothing to fear. I prefer when the co asks to go do medicals, than frontloading medicals...that way you can track your application, and know if all is going well. Give it till the end of this month, max end of next month.

What is your nom occupation? Mine is 234111...

Bosslady
Mine is 221213.
Pls let's also do private mail as well as share on this fine forum. Hope u don't mind?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
I dont have access to the email linked to this acct for now, you will have to give me a bit...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
bossladyMo: I dont have access to the email linked to this acct for now, you will have to give me a bit...

@BossLady
Ok. What about BBM or Wassap? I can give u my pin on this space(forum). Are u on BBM?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
Don't think that will go down well with Hubby, lol.

I'm always on this forum, so I'm pretty much accessible
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
bossladyMo: Don't think that will go down well with Hubby, lol.

I'm always on this forum, so I'm pretty much accessible

Ok. No worries. I will Quote and direct any question I have specifically for u. Watch this space. Your Hubby must be a lucky man. Hope u don't "BOSS" him around Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (401)

North Cyprus / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.