Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (751247 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
equlibrium thank you,I was able to submit my school form today.the course starts in feb 2015.please do you how long it takes to apply for student visa.I have not written ielts exams yet.'M a learner lol please
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 7:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
lovelydamsel: equlibrium thank you,I was able to submit my school form today.the course starts in feb 2015.please do you how long it takes to apply for student visa.I have not written ielts exams yet.'M a learner lol please

If ur course is for SVP it could take anything between 2 to 5 weeks depending on weda u do medicals before submitting or u waiting for ur co to ask you to do soo after lodging ur visa application. oda factors may affect it too depending on when u apply. My 2 cents; Just fire down ur application as soon as u get ur coe.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
malkinburg:

If ur course is for SVP it could take anything between 2 to 5 weeks depending on weda u do medicals before submitting or u waiting for ur co to ask you to do soo after lodging ur visa application. oda factors may affect it too depending on when u apply. My 2 cents; Just fire down ur application as soon as u get ur coe.

I thought I have to wait for my coe and I have not done my ielts yet.its should be under SVP.I just wanted to know how long it takes since my school resumes feb 23 2015
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
lovelydamsel:

I thought I have to wait for my coe and I have not done my ielts yet.its should be under SVP.I just wanted to know how long it takes since my school resumes feb 23 2015

Yes u have to obtain ur coe before applying for student visa.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by harkhinthayor: 9:22am On Aug 30, 2014
Hi every1, i'm new here, i just wanna make some enquiries about student visa to Australlia, the affordable school to attend, what is required etc
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 11:27am On Aug 30, 2014
am finishing my ND prg in computer science comes sept ending, but my waec was 2003 Am confuse as whether to use the diploma am doing or use waec only...am applying for TAFE on health related course....advice please?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by profemoral(m): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
laminaria: am finishing my ND prg in computer science comes sept ending, but my waec was 2003 Am confuse as whether to use the diploma am doing or use waec only...am applying for TAFE on health related course....advice please?

y not use both...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
profemoral:

y not use both...

am thinking the result might not be out cos am already filing for f application now beside it is a computer course and am going for health related course.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by profemoral(m): 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
laminaria:
am thinking the result might not be out cos am already filing for f application now beside it is a computer course and am going for health related course.

let d gurus in d house answer u, bossylady et al.

I don't think it will be necessary to include it then, since d normal requirement is waec.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 11:59am On Aug 31, 2014
bossladyMo: Manmeta, UBKTech, Nwokenna, Prechear, Bellong - Abeg, is this Form 80 and Form 1221 compulsory? Did the CO particularly request for it? It's too many pages of filling and scanning...don't want to waste my time if it's not compulsory or never requested by CO.

Have been away. Seems your question has been answered.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
Glad jenny was still here few days ago, i just completed M.sc coursework in UI with CGPA over 5.5 out of 7 which is called a Phd grade, project to be completed latest by february 2015 and i will have my results ready by june 2015, please do you know any school that can grant me Phd scholarship with ease??[/i] I am also getting married by november 2014 and so alot will be spent on accommodation in Lagos and other stuffs so at this point i am looking for Phd scholarship in australia cos sincerely, it will be the best option for me, no more huge money to spend. Please your advice will be appreciated, i have IELTS 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 which expires by october 2015 and my course of study is mechanical engineering with specialization in [i]thermo-fluid.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by holyboss: 3:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hey guys, pls I need ur help. I av a friend who in tinking to going for his undergraduate in Australia boh have some issue bothering him.

Here r d tinz according to him;

1- He intend to apply with his O level and OND. Will dir b anyform of exam to secure admission?
2- what is the most affordable school one can get of Electrical engineering?
3- what is the study permit requirement in-term of statement of account

Nd lastly wen is d intake time dir?

Thanks in advance wink
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
If you are an applicant who has spent 28 days or longer in Afghanistan, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Iraq, Israel, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia or Syria, or in any combination of these countries since 5 May 2014, you should bring your polio vaccination certificate to your medical appointment if you are applying from outside of Australia. Otherwise, we may request your certificate separately and this could delay your application.

^^ This quote was lifted from the immigration website. I think the law came into effect at the end of July, 2014. Has anyone applied lately please? I would like to know how they addressed the issue of Polio Vaccination Certificate. I was told such vaccination/certificates are only issued at maybe the age of 1.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 6:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
okesammie: Glad jenny was still here few days ago, i just completed M.sc coursework in UI with CGPA over 5.5 out of 7 which is called a Phd grade, project to be completed latest by february 2015 and i will have my results ready by june 2015, please do you know any school that can grant me Phd scholarship with ease??[/i] I am also getting married by november 2014 and so alot will be spent on accommodation in Lagos and other stuffs so at this point i am looking for Phd scholarship in australia cos sincerely, it will be the best option for me, no more huge money to spend. Please your advice will be appreciated, i have IELTS 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 which expires by october 2015 and my course of study is mechanical engineering with specialization in [i]thermo-fluid.

Well done bro, I believe your CGPA is enough to fulfill the basic GPA requirement - I hope your project covers more than 25% of the total MSc credit loads. Also, your IELTS is good - however, it varies across programs. Please check your prospective school's specific English Language requirement.

The biggest secret to tapping a doctoral scholarship in top Australian University is through Publications. The benefits of having one or two publications, at least, can not be overemphasized. However, all hope is not lost if one has no publication. I should also add that you will not be eligible to be in the running for the notoriously competitive IPRS without any publication, that is why some Universities have tuition-only scholarships. Under this category of award, a supervisor nominates a prospective student for tuition-only scholarship through the School/Faculty. Another source of funding is through prospective supervisor's research grants or ''PhD money'', as some of them refers to it.

You must be able secure a prospective advisor, not just ''any supervisor'' but one who is ready to sacrifice it all, just to make sure your admission and scholarship application are both successful. The time to start looking is NOW. The first email matters a lot - no need for attachments, introduce yourself, let them know you have read some of their papers, tell them you are interested in joining their research group as a PhD student, ask politely if you could discuss it further with them, and finally thank them for reading your email smiley. Send to as many as possible potential advisors.

Letters of recommendation - you will need at least 2 stellar letters of recommendation. Please make sure that these letters come from your former/current lecturer who are willing to give you a letter that can be ranked as 98% stellar, at least.

DEDICATION is another 'thing' you really need. It is a really stressful procedure but it is doable.

Haha, I am not sure if I am still making any sense, lol. .... will add more later should the need arise.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 11:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
@okesammie
All that futuredon has said,is true. I also did my Msc in UI and was able to secure PhD tuition scholarship with UTAS.The secret is your publications plus a supportive supervisor plus good grade especially at your Msc project plus excellent communication btw you and ur supervisor.
It usually takes time.
If you are able to secure tuition scholarship which is more easier, you may be given TA/RA position.
Try and get A in ur Msc project and dont rely on ielts score as it is not needed by most schools and even embassy at PhD level as long as u state ur Bsc and Msc were taught in English.
Start your search now. Ensure your PhD proposal is abit comprehensive enof to demonstrate your competence...get the research interests of ur desired supervisors bcs u will write to many,and introduce new techniques or methodologies to capture their attention. I bet every researcher cant resist good and current idea! That was actually the secret of my own scholarship..current irresistible methodologies incorporated into my supervisor research interest!
Above all...pray for favor.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 12:09am On Sep 02, 2014
okesammie: Glad jenny was still here few days ago, i just completed M.sc coursework in UI with CGPA over 5.5 out of 7 which is called a Phd grade, project to be completed latest by february 2015 and i will have my results ready by june 2015, please do you know any school that can grant me Phd scholarship with ease??[/i] I am also getting married by november 2014 and so alot will be spent on accommodation in Lagos and other stuffs so at this point i am looking for Phd scholarship in australia cos sincerely, it will be the best option for me, no more huge money to spend. Please your advice will be appreciated, i have IELTS 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 which expires by october 2015 and my course of study is mechanical engineering with specialization in [i]thermo-fluid.
Good one bro. alot have been said by futuredon and adektus. you need a publications before you can secure funding for your PHD programe. Also make sure you write a good proposal on current issue happening in mechanical industry. Lastly, to my best opinion it is not worthwhile spending huge amount of money on wedding while you are looking forwards to long lasting benefits, you can save some just in case you dont get scholarship or you just get tuition only scholarship, remeber you will still need to pay house rent in aussie and other stuffs. it is good to have option B just in case, remeber people will eat and go after wedding. so you the man, you should priortise your task. All the best
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Tobsam237(m): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2014
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Tobsam237(m): 9:42am On Sep 02, 2014
Hello Great Motivators/Leaders/Naiaralanders..
I have been following this thread for sometime now...
I'm presently serving in Ebonyi state... I will be rounding up
by July 2015... I'm considering pursuing my Masters in Australia come Sept 2015
I graduated from Unilag, studied Mathematics Science, and
finished with a 3.85 CGPA....
Choice of what to study inas been an issue.... I
shortlisted my options...
1. Computational and Applied Mathematics
2. Systems Engineering
3. Aeronautics
Please my Ogas....
*which of the above is best marketable in Australia?
*Which schools in Australia best suits me?
*Any Available full Scholarship(considering my CGPA)??
*Any suggestion, contribution, addition, subtraction ?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 11:43am On Sep 02, 2014
If truly you have been following this thread, then it wont be difficult to note that this is australia and not canada thread. However, am sure somebody will attend to u soon.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 11:52am On Sep 02, 2014
aduktus: If truly you have been following this thread, then it wont be difficult to note that this is australia and not canada thread. However, am sure somebody will attend to u soon.

I wondered too, sir.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 2:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hahaha...
attend to him ko
ans him ni
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by okesammie: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
aduktus: @okesammie
All that futuredon has said,is true. I also did my Msc in UI and was able to secure PhD tuition scholarship with UTAS.The secret is your publications plus a supportive supervisor plus good grade especially at your Msc project plus excellent communication btw you and ur supervisor.
It usually takes time.
If you are able to secure tuition scholarship which is more easier, you may be given TA/RA position.
Try and get A in ur Msc project and dont rely on ielts score as it is not needed by most schools and even embassy at PhD level as long as u state ur Bsc and Msc were taught in English.
Start your search now. Ensure your PhD proposal is abit comprehensive enof to demonstrate your competence...get the research interests of ur desired supervisors bcs u will write to many,and introduce new techniques or methodologies to capture their attention. I bet every researcher cant resist good and current idea! That was actually the secret of my own scholarship..current irresistible methodologies incorporated into my supervisor research interest!
Above all...pray for favor.
Thanks brothers, i have gotten two prospective supervisors now, one in auckland university newzealand and the other in university of western australia, the scholarship is what i will try to work on now, i will definitely publish as i am working with a supervisor who feels publication is a must and we are working on nanofluid which is a current issue, we are also working on coming up with information which could be the first of their kind. Please what do you feel about newzealand incase australia does not work.... I will also take surveyor's advice into consideration.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
okesammie: Thanks brothers, i have gotten two prospective supervisors now, one in auckland university newzealand and the other in university of western australia, the scholarship is what i will try to work on now, i will definitely publish as i am working with a supervisor who feels publication is a must and we are working on nanofluid which is a current issue, we are also working on coming up with information which could be the first of their kind. Please what do you feel about newzealand incase australia does not work.... I will also take surveyor's advice into consideration.

Yaay!! my school lols university of westen australia.'M going there
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Yaay!! my school lols university of westen australia.'M going there
tot u goin to victoria uni?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
equlibrium:
tot u goin to victoria uni?

I applied to two schools
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by femosentences: 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
@Haustralian, @justwise and everybody on this trend pls i just need ur reply to the questions below.

1)with technical vocational courses for 6month in NZ or 6month TAFE in Aussie, pls can i
get my PR in New Zealand nd Aussie respectively, because my budget is like
1.2m naira and am not so buoyant like dat makes me not to have
applied for my master directly,but all the same is about
the greener's pasture issue my people ,just want to ask
dat can dis amount (1.2m naira)pay the sch fees and do
all the necessary package of dis short courses and flight arrangement too or like how much should i budget?

2) And do they require ielts in all this New Zealand sch
too,for all vocational courses nd what are d kind of
vocations course that is highly in demand in NZ or in Aussie dat i can
pick up doing. so dat i wont just waste my time and
money.But the major question is can i get PR in New Zealand or in Aussie with dis short courses.

Looking forward to hear from you all,may God bless u all.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
Good day fellow naira land,
pls if one apply for packaged diploma to degree course...does that mean after d completion of the d diploma one must compulsorily starts d degree d following semester or at one wills? pls urgent ans my bro n sis.
also how many visa duration for such I mean packaged diploma-degr
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by profemoral(m): 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
femosentences: @Haustralian, @justwise and everybody on this trend pls i just need ur reply to the questions below.

1)with technical vocational courses for 6month in NZ or 6month TAFE in Aussie, pls can i
get my PR in New Zealand nd Aussie respectively, because my budget is like
1.2m naira and am not so buoyant like dat makes me not to have
applied for my master directly,but all the same is about
the greener's pasture issue my people ,just want to ask
dat can dis amount (1.2m naira)pay the sch fees and do
all the necessary package of dis short courses and flight arrangement too or like how much should i budget?

2) And do they require ielts in all this New Zealand sch
too,for all vocational courses nd what are d kind of
vocations course that is highly in demand in NZ or in Aussie dat i can
pick up doing. so dat i wont just waste my time and
money.But the major question is can i get PR in New Zealand or in Aussie with dis short courses.

Looking forward to hear from you all,may God bless u all.

You can't get a PR with a 6 months course. from all d questions u asked, all I can say is YOU ARE NOT READY..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ceazar: 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hi Guys, is anyone here going to Melbourne this September? ^_^
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Pratz: 5:10am On Sep 04, 2014
PLEASE REPLY..VERY URGENT

Hi guys,
A friend of mine who is married to a person on Australian student visa got pregnant (1-2 months).Can she apply for her spouse visa OR not?
will the embassy grant her visa or will she have to wait for the baby...and after that she can apply and come to australia??
plz plz reply.,thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 7:44am On Sep 04, 2014
laminaria: Good day fellow naira land,
pls if one apply for packaged diploma to degree course...does that mean after d completion of the d diploma one must compulsorily starts d degree d following semester or at one wills? pls urgent ans my bro n sis.
somebody should come to my aid pls!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 04, 2014
laminaria: Good day fellow naira land,

You don't have to, however you need to apply for another visa to continue to stay in Australia legally even though you may have been granted a visa for the whole length of your program.

The degree awarding institution will give a time frame within which the offer is valid, if you are still interested in the degree component after this timeframe, you will need to apply and be assessed like every other applicant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (401)

North Cyprus / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.