Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752235 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 7:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
FutureDon:

I think your medicals was ''B'' graded and consequently requires a MOC to assess it manually. It might take a few days to 2weeks before it is completed. Keep us posted as events unfold. Cheers bro!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 7:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
mrnilobrawn: Xup guy....u sent u pm

Ok sir. Responding soon.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 3:47am On Sep 19, 2014
jennykadry:

If you were a permanent resident then you can work enough to save up your fees but as an international student you are allowed only 20hohrs a week when school is in session and unlimited when school is on holidays but Australia is not America where people 200 dollar a month for rent. We pay weekly and it is very expensive. Imagine paying 170dollars per week Accomodation and that is shared Accomodation off camp...now if you decide to live in a hostel some schools charge nothing less than 150 per week some even more. Then we have feeding and transportation to work. You go to school Monday-Friday. If you think you can make it good luck but I am telling you that without a sponsor it is almost impossible. A Zambian student in Murdoch university Perth was sent back home because she couldn't afford to pay up her fees and she used a sponsors bank statements but the sponsor wasn't willing to help financially but agreed that she could use his bank statements. Some people are denied visa sef if they think you do not have enough to cover for your duration in Australia.

Australia is expensive to live in and if you have no sponsor willing to help you meet up your target...you are lost.

This was exactly why my brother was denied a visa. The money in my account was just 3million after paying for tuition. Now before he reapplies again I must make sure I build a solid account. Does anyone know if fixed deposit can be used?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by swaystunna(m): 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
Altho am nt in Oz, Buh I think Finance is key in visa processing..pls make sure u have a strong statement before applying for visa (esp AL3)calculating ur tuition for the entire duration of the course, living cost, flight, plus dependents if u listed any + substancial xtra funds that wld remain after the total sponsorship cost. then evidence of funds like payslip etc,Cos I don't think This immi pple smile with Assesment Level 3.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
swaystunna: Altho am nt in Oz, Buh I think Finance is key in visa processing..pls make sure u have a strong statement before applying for visa (esp AL3)calculating ur tuition for the entire duration of the course, living cost, flight, plus dependents if u listed any + substancial xtra funds that wld remain after the total sponsorship cost. then evidence of funds like payslip etc,Cos I don't think This immi pple smile with Assesment Level 3.

Finance is the most vital part of the whole application-trust me. The money foreign students bring into the country is one of the reasons why Australia is rich grin.

They do not smile at all. Calculate your funds very well. A family friends visa was refused last year cos they did not have enough financial proof. The applicant was supposed to study for diploma in nursing.

Immigration no dey ''yoke'' (like the calabar man would say) with money

I can't remember who but if I remember correctly a female nairalander on THIS SAME THREAD was denied visa because of lack of sufficent funds.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by swaystunna(m): 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
jennykadry:

Finance is the most vital part of the whole application-trust me. The money foreign students bring into the country is one of the reasons why Australia is rich grin.

They do not smile at all. Calculate your funds very well. A family friends visa was refused last year cos they did not have enough financial proof. The applicant was supposed to study for diploma in nursing.

I can't remember who but if I remember correctly a female nairalander on THIS SAME THREAD was denied visa because of lack of sufficent funds.
Thank u ma, Even some of my distant relations fell victim recently.
I think Australia Wants Pple To thread more on Svp programs which re more expensive nd more income to them hitherto making strigent requirements for the AL3.
I think It Was Posdream that was denied.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
swaystunna:
Thank u ma, Even some of my distant relations fell victim recently.
I think Australia Wants Pple To thread more on Svp programs which re more expensive nd more income to them hitherto making strigent requirements for the AL3.
I think It Was Posdream that was denied.

That's right Posdream. Many family members of friends here have all suffered the same fate-visa denial due to lack of proof of sufficient funds.

The more reason why I was advising people not to waste their time applying if they cannot show proof that they can sustain themselves financially for the duration of their stay in Australia.

If you do not have enough funds, look for a school in Europe that is tuition free and apply there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
jennykadry:

That's right Posdream. Many family members of friends here have all suffered the same fate-visa denial due to lack of proof of sufficient funds.

The more reason why I was advising people not to waste their time applying if they cannot show proof that they can sustain themselves financially for the duration of their stay in Australia.

Thanks Ma, Now I wanna apply again for ma. Bro after building ma account again. Also should or can I use an amount in fixed deposit?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
ironbender101:

Thanks Ma, Now I wanna apply again for ma. Bro after building ma account again. Also should or can I use an amount in fixed deposit?

Hey. So Lawland asked me same question last year and below is the question and my reply...

lawland: . Aunty Jenny, thank goodness you are here... If have been following, you will see that I have been keeping it real with my little knowledge.. My problem is that my cousin fixed deposited the money he will use to sponsor me since its required to be held by a financial institution for 3 consecutive months b4 lodgement, he fixed deposited around 11M from early June to early Sept and I lodged my application early sept... He stated in my declaration of sponsorship that the money was fixed deposited for the sole purpose of sponsoring me.. My question is if the high commission accept this kind of evidence of fund?

jennykadry: @lawland

You are one of the lucky few, you know why? Sometimes I ring the immigration here and they keep me on hold for more than 10 minutes. I spoke to them now after I saw your post to confirm cos it should be okay....anyways they said as long as the money stayed in that account for 3 months it should be fine but if less than 3 months before application.....dicey.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
jennykadry:

Hey. So Lawland asked me same question last year and below is the question and my reply...

Thank you very Much
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
ironbender101:

Thank you very Much

...No worries mate. And lawland is in Australia Perth having the time of his life so yep, I guess it was okay to use a fixed deposit account
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
jennykadry:

...No worries mate. And lawland is in Australia Perth having the time of his life so yep, I guess it was okay to use a fixed deposit account
Also ma'am can 2 individuals sponsor 1 person?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
jennykadry:

Its really true,I can remember a documentry on cnn based on africans and asians why they prefer studying outside like europe etc.and one professor from a uk university was like education plays a vita role in their country's enconomy that's why the fees are high in some countries especially the universities.they make sure everything is put in place and maintained because they know the amount the government and school gains from foreign students.this documentary was done in 2010.that's why most countries are bent on student statement of account and finance before they are granted visas

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
Happy weekend to you ALL
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
jennykadry:

In my own opinion, education might just be another mining sector lol...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry:

Honestly, I think immigration should play by their rules, the financial requirements as set by them is to have enough funds to cover tuition, living expenses and return airfare for the first ONE YEAR(twelve months). And not for the whole duration of the program

Provide evidence that you have sufficient funds to cover yourself and your family members for the first 12 months of your stay in Australia for:

living costs
tuition costs
school costs for any school-aged children.
Declare on your student visa application that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the same costs for the remainder of your stay.

The departmental officer assessing your application will need to be satisfied that the funds you are relying on will genuinely be available to you during your stay in Australia.

Provide evidence that you have access to funds to cover travel costs to and from Australia

Granted, I know it is almost impossible to cover the remaining costs through part-time student work because international student fees cost an arm and a leg. But I believe that the DIBP should as a matter of integrity adhere to its own rules. I believe this requirement came into effect earlier this year and replaced the earlier one that required students to show proof of funds for the whole duration of their study.

Source: http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/Student-572-Assessment-Level-3-checklist.aspx
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 20, 2014
you must have enough money to pay for travel, tuition and living expenses for yourself, your partner and your dependent children for the duration of your stay in Australia.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry: you must have enough money to pay for travel, tuition and living expenses for yourself, your partner and your dependent children for the duration of your stay in Australia.

I am not saying that anyone should not have enough funds or plans on how to finance his or her study, but what the bolded below suggests is that you have show proof for the first one year, then sign a declaration that you will have enough funds for the remainder your stay
Provide evidence that you have sufficient funds to cover yourself and your family members for the first 12 months of your stay in Australia [/b]for: living costs, tuition costs, school costs for any school-aged children.
[b]Declare on your student visa application that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the same costs for the remainder of your stay

Don't get me wrong, I am not canvassing for people to come to Australia financially unprepared, but the information above seems to suggest that the proof is for the first one year.

BTW, I would like you to provide a link to your quote above so that I can peruse it as well. Thanks in advance!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 20, 2014
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 20, 2014
symbian03:

In my own opinion, education might just be another mining sector lol...

It is...and they know it. grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:06am On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry:

It is...and they know it. grin

@Jenny, there were some changes to the financial requirements for AL3 applicants as proposed by the Knight's review of 2013

Please see here for this changes: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/student-visa-assessment-simplified.htm

See full text of the Knight's Review here (especially Section/Chapter 8 page 27); http://www.immi.gov.au/students/_pdf/review-student-visa-assessment-level-framework-2013.pdf

Prior to 22 March 2014 an AL3 student visa applicant was required to provide evidence of funds from an acceptable source to pay for their expenses for the first 18 months of their stay in Australia.

The department has now reduced the evidence of finances required for AL3 students from 18 months to 12 months.

However, as a result of this change, funds for AL3 applicants now need to be provided by the student visa applicant or their close relative.

All student visa applications made after March 22, 2014 are only required to show proof of enough funds for the first twelve months (one yr) as against the previous 18 months. However, this proof of funds will now have to be provided by the applicant or a close relative.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 9:11am On Sep 20, 2014
UBKtech:

@Jenny, there were some changes to the financial requirements for AL3 applicants as proposed by the Knight's review of 2013

Please see here for this changes: http://www.immi.gov.au/students/student-visa-assessment-simplified.htm

See full text of the Knight's Review here (especially Section/Chapter 8 page 27); http://www.immi.gov.au/students/_pdf/review-student-visa-assessment-level-framework-2013.pdf

All student visa applications made after March 22, 2014 are only required to show proof of enough funds for the first twelve months (one yr) as against the previous 18 months. However, this proof of funds will now have to be provided by the applicant or a close relative.

How about if ur for SVP And u fall into the wrong hands, ie ur case officer still decides that he wants to see a bank statement. Who in this case can be a sponsor?? Does it have to be a close relative as well as in Al3??

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
I don't think you people get it. For those whose relatives have been denied visas due to insufficient funds, I am guessing you will understand my point here. Early January I got a call from a friend of mine who asked if her and her husband could stay by my place when her sister arrived OZ. Fast forward to 2nd week of February I got another call from them telling me that the sister who was supposed to come in for her Diploma in Nursing was denied a visa for financial reasons. She had enough funds to last her a year as per immigration rules but their case officer in SA wanted proof to know she won't be stuck after the one year. All they wanted was an account with enough money going inside every or every other month just to be sure that she wouldn't be stuck in Australia looking for someone to pay the fees for the last semester (The diploma is an 18 month program). The money could be in Kafanchan for all they care, they don't wanno see physical cash or an excessively lump sum but some source of income or money flow into an account to cover for her entire stay in the Australia. She queried them on their decision as per the 12 months proof they asked her for as shown on their website and they told her they reserved the right to probe further into every applicant's financial status and referred her to that quote of mine from the immigration site which many people choose to ignore but focus their eyes on the 12 months proof.

When my sister inlaw came into this country, the 18 months rule was still in place. She came in for a 3 year course and all they asked for first off was proof that we could provide for her financially for the first 18 months. After they verified that, they wanted to know how she planned on sustaining herself for the remaining 18 months. Then they asked for more payslips....the reason why they wanted more proof was just to see that there was enough money going into the sponsor's account every month or fortnight as we get paid here. They don't need to see Bleep.. dollars in your account but just enough to show that you get paid enough to support this person after the 12 months is over.

This brings me back to Mrnilobrawn. I asked him if he had a sponsor, he is sponsoring himself. No sponsor, no help no nothing. Do you think a smart case officer even with the 12 month proof wouldn't want to know how he plans on sustaining himself after the 12 months is over? that is why people need sponsors, someone they can use as cover ups.No sponsor's bank statements(even if that person does not even plan on helping you financially) atleast it reassures them that this person isn't going to constitute a nuisance in their country or get stuck.

Present them with the 12 month proof of financial independence and they will present you with my quote.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
ironbender101:
Also ma'am can 2 individuals sponsor 1 person?

I am sure you can. They used to do it in the 18 month rule but now that the new rule states 12 months...the sponsors have to be relatives.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry:

I am sure you can. They used to do it in the 18 month rule but now that the new rule states 12 months...the sponsors have to be relatives.

Thank you very much. I think I need to take a chill pill before reapplying.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
ironbender101:

Thank you very much. I think I need to take a chill pill before reapplying.

How so?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry:

How so?

I have some money but they ain't well arranged so I wanna package everything well this time.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
ironbender101:

I have some money but they ain't well arranged so I wanna package everything well this time.

You are the one applying to come to Australia?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Kenyan85: 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hey my good neighbours.Am Kenyan and i have been following closely the posts made on this forum.Quite helpful and used advise obtained on here to lodge my application, although i involved an educational agent when submitting documents to obtain student visa.

I am from AL3 and will be going to study nursing diploma in Oz,course expected to start in October week one.Well,i did a late submission and now this is my 5th week waiting,i used a close family member(as required for AL3 new rules)bank statement with around AUD$ 60,000 if i convert the currency.

My question is how long has someone in my kind of situation waited for visa grant?Does the CO contact sponsor because my brother is out of the country?Will i be contacted by the CO for phone interview?Is it possible to use VLN number to track visa,i tried but gives me some error notification," invalid VLN characters".

I already submitted medicals after lodging visa.
Its really disturbing doing the waiting-naturally i suppose.

Thanking you in advance for your contributions.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry: I don't think you people get it. For those whose relatives have been denied visas due to insufficient funds, I am guessing you will understand my point here. Early January I got a call from a friend of mine who asked if her and her husband could stay by my place when her sister arrived OZ. Fast forward to 2nd week of February I got another call from them telling me that the sister who was supposed to come in for her Diploma in Nursing was denied a visa for financial reasons. She had enough funds to last her a year as per immigration rules but their case officer in SA wanted proof to know she won't be stuck after the one year. All they wanted was an account with enough money going inside every or every other month just to be sure that she wouldn't be stuck in Australia looking for someone to pay the fees for the last semester (The diploma is an 18 month program). The money could be in Kafanchan for all they care, they don't wanno see physical cash or an excessively lump sum but some source of income or money flow into an account to cover for her entire stay in the Australia. She queried them on their decision as per the 12 months proof they asked her for as shown on their website and they told her they reserved the right to probe further into every applicant's financial status and referred her to that quote of mine from the immigration site which many people choose to ignore but focus their eyes on the 12 months proof.

When my sister inlaw came into this country, the 18 months rule was still in place. She came in for a 3 year course and all they asked for first off was proof that we could provide for her financially for the first 18 months. After they verified that, they wanted to know how she planned on sustaining herself for the remaining 18 months. Then they asked for more payslips....the reason why they wanted more proof was just to see that there was enough money going into the sponsor's account every month or fortnight as we get paid here. They don't need to see Bleep.. dollars in your account but just enough to show that you get paid enough to support this person after the 12 months is over.

This brings me back to Mrnilobrawn. I asked him if he had a sponsor, he is sponsoring himself. No sponsor, no help no nothing. Do you think a smart case officer even with the 12 month proof wouldn't want to know how he plans on sustaining himself after the 12 months is over? that is why people need sponsors, someone they can use as cover ups.No sponsor's bank statements(even if that person does not even plan on helping you financially) atleast it reassures them that this person isn't going to constitute a nuisance in their country or get stuck.

Present them with the 12 month proof of financial independence and they will present you with my quote.

Thank you Madam,
I think I get the whole flow now, my only issue now is getting a co-sponsor with the same surname and stuffs.

You have truely been very helpfull.
Like sum1 asked, if one apply via SVP, can they still request for an account statement?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry: I don't think you people get it. For those whose relatives have been denied visas due to insufficient funds, I am guessing you will understand my point here. Early January I got a call from a friend of mine who asked if her and her husband could stay by my place when her sister arrived OZ. Fast forward to 2nd week of February I got another call from them telling me that the sister who was supposed to come in for her Diploma in Nursing was denied a visa for financial reasons. She had enough funds to last her a year as per immigration rules but their case officer in SA wanted proof to know she won't be stuck after the one year. All they wanted was an account with enough money going inside every or every other month just to be sure that she wouldn't be stuck in Australia looking for someone to pay the fees for the last semester (The diploma is an 18 month program). The money could be in Kafanchan for all they care, they don't wanno see physical cash or an excessively lump sum but some source of income or money flow into an account to cover for her entire stay in the Australia. She queried them on their decision as per the 12 months proof they asked her for as shown on their website and they told her they reserved the right to probe further into every applicant's financial status and referred her to that quote of mine from the immigration site which many people choose to ignore but focus their eyes on the 12 months proof.

Thanks ma'am, for your insightful contributions with "references". But ma, do you think they'd frown at sponsorship from uncle? even as bank statements, sponsorship letter and other documents would be supplied. Bank statements of even up to a year with constant turnovers and inflows of credit/debit. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.