Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752116 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
symbian03:

Thanks ma'am, for your insightful contributions with "references". But ma, do you think they'd frown at sponsorship from uncle? even as bank statements, sponsorship letter and other documents would be supplied. Bank statements of even up to a year with constant turnovers and inflows of credit/debit. Thanks.

They said relatives. Do you and your uncle bear same last name?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Thank you Madam,
I think I get the whole flow now, my only issue now is getting a co-sponsor with the same surname and stuffs.

You have truely been very helpfull.
Like sum1 asked, if one apply via SVP, can they still request for an account statement?

You can try your luck and apply, who knows..you might get in but I can assure you one thing:

With a part time Job as an international student...you need a back up for your fees. Don't rely on your job cos it won't help you, it will give you enough for feeding, transportation back and forth work cos I tell you, you will be working at odd hours as a student..hours that will not clash with your attendance in class. If you think you can do it...go for it and good luck.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry:

You are the one applying to come to Australia?

No my brother but I will apply next year....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
ironbender101:

No my brother but I will apply next year....

Share accomodations when you come over. Stay together....you have no idea how much the both of you wll save doing that.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry:

Share accomodations when you come over. Stay together....you have no idea how much the both of you wll save doing that.

Wow thanks for the advice. My major reason for coming to Aussie is just for PR because im a comfortable business man, now I'm having a rethink....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
ironbender101:

Wow thanks for the advice. My major reason for coming to Aussie is just for PR because im a comfortable business man, now I'm having a rethink....

what rethink?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry:

what rethink?

How lovely the country is and business opportunities. I'm currently in Hongkong on a biz trip. My sister, what we r facing with our Nigerian passport is something else.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by symbian03(m): 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry:

They said relatives. Do you and your uncle bear same last name?

Nope! we don't. Well, guess I'll just give it a shot. thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry:

You can try your luck and apply, who knows..you might get in but I can assure you one thing:

With a part time Job as an international student...you need a back up for your fees. Don't rely on your job cos it won't help you, it will give you enough for feeding, transportation back and forth work cos I tell you, you will be working at odd hours as a student..hours that will not clash with your attendance in class. If you think you can do it...go for it and good luck.

You are the MAMA G of the house.
God Bless you for us.
Have a lovely weekend Ma
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
ironbender101:
How lovely the country is and business opportunities. I'm currently in Hongkong on a biz trip. My sister, what we r facing with our Nigerian passport is something else.

My Advise:

I used to be a die hard Naija passport fan until I decided to start travelling with foreign passports, then I saw how easy it is just travelling from one place to the other without hassle or someone looking at my passport 20 times to be sure I am the same person. I was in China in April with a friend of mine on a Nigerian passport, you should have seen how long it took the chinese immi officer to give her the all clear. My children only use their Nigerian passports when they are visiting Nigeria, the minute we fly out of Naija, the passport returns to it's orginal position...at the deep end corner of my bag cheesy.

With all the things I am reading about Nigeria, I have decided to give my children their entitlements...foreign passports of all the countries they are entitled to..both from my parents -their grand parents, my husband, my husband's parents, myself and so on and so forth -dual citizenship indeed...okay kidding cheesy so what is my point? our children deserve better. A better future for them is our responsibility. I have never seen my children sweat so much like they do in their motherland. They enter Australia or the other countries and they are given top priority. In Australia we dont not even stand in the queue anymore sef...we now have smartgate a machine like an ATM where you insert your passport, it gives you the all clear and you are good to go. If you decide you want to join the queue of Oz passport owners..na less than 5 minutes and you are done. They attend to their people very quick. If you enter Australia just compare the line of 0z passport owners against foreign passport owners and see what I am talking about.

Nigeria...you enter murtala mohammed airport na so the Nigerian passport holder queue is as long as what I cannot describe. Heat nko? children are crying cos they just cannot understand why they have to stand in one spot for so long. Hubby stripped to his singlet the last time grin. If not for our family ties ehn.....let me comment my reservoir there.

You can always control your business from Australia. Get what you want and then return back to Nigeria if you want but then you know you have an adopted country you can return to if Nigeria gets worse(God forbid)

7 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
ironbender101:

There are other avenues to get a PR aside through university.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
Please house which airline is the best?.Also how many days does it take for one to reach Aussie because what am seeing in some airline booking is scary .Some take 3 to 4 days and longer transit time like 9hrs+Please experience people help me throw more light.
I sight you Madam Jenny grin
Nnoo
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
ukchy:
Please house which airline is the best?.Also how many days does it take for one to reach Aussie because what am seeing in some airline booking is scary .Some take 3 to 4 days and longer transit time like 9hrs+Please experience people help me throw more light.
I sight you Madam Jenny ;Nnoo

Try emirates or qatar. Much quicker
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
Thanks soo much Ma

jennykadry:

Try emirates or qatar. Much quicker
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
ukchy: Thanks soo much Ma

Qatar much cheaper than emirates
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
How many day does it take to reach Aussie?

jennykadry:

Qatar much cheaper than emirates
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
ukchy: How many day does it take to reach Aussie?

Lol check qatar first
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
Just did that.

Thanks
jennykadry:

Lol check qatar first
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 8:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry:

My Advise:

I used to be a die hard Naija passport fan until I decided to start travelling with foreign passports, then I saw how easy it is just travelling from one place to the other without hassle or someone looking at my passport 20 times to be sure I am the same person. I was in China in April with a friend of mine on a Nigerian passport, you should have seen how long it took the chinese immi officer to give her the all clear. My children only use their Nigerian passports when they are visiting Nigeria, the minute we fly out of Naija, the passport returns to it's orginal position...at the deep end corner of my bag cheesy.

With all the things I am reading about Nigeria, I have decided to give my children their entitlements...foreign passports of all the countries they are entitled to..both from my parents -their grand parents, my husband, my husband's parents, myself and so on and so forth -dual citizenship indeed...okay kidding cheesy so what is my point? our children deserve better. A better future for them is our responsibility. I have never seen my children sweat so much like they do in their motherland. They enter Australia or the other countries and they are given top priority. In Australia we dont not even stand in the queue anymore sef...we now have smartgate a machine like an ATM where you insert your passport, it gives you the all clear and you are good to go. If you decide you want to join the queue of Oz passport owners..na less than 5 minutes and you are done. They attend to their people very quick. If you enter Australia just compare the line of 0z passport owners against foreign passport owners and see what I am talking about.

Nigeria...you enter murtala mohammed airport na so the Nigerian passport holder queue is as long as what I cannot describe. Heat nko? children are crying cos they just cannot understand why they have to stand in one spot for so long. Hubby stripped to his singlet the last time grin. If not for our family ties ehn.....let me comment my reservoir there.

You can always control your business from Australia. Get what you want and then return back to Nigeria if you want but then you know you have an adopted country you can return to if Nigeria gets worse(God forbid)

Big sister I can't wait to change my passport. I went on a ferry from Hongkong to China just a cruise. While I was in the ship I was the only black man there so when I went to pick up ma dinner I was searched, humiliated and also asked if they can see ma passport after checking it for the 2nd time. If there's a way I can pay money to change this passport to a better one, I wouldn't mind. This is really affecting me and ma business. Did you know that China doesn't issue visas to Nigerians coming to China for the 1st time. We are really in a mess. My friend told me that Naija passport could change in 10years time, I think he's dreaming. No matter how big you are, the embarrassment is something else....

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
ironbender101:

Big sister I can't wait to change my passport. I went on a ferry from Hongkong to China just a cruise. While I was in the ship I was the only black man there so when I went to pick up ma dinner I was searched, humiliated and also asked if they can see ma passport after checking it for the 2nd time. If there's a way I can pay money to change this passport to a better one, I wouldn't mind. This is really affecting me and ma business. Did you know that China doesn't issue visas to Nigerians coming to China for the 1st time. We are really in a mess. My friend told me that Naija passport could change in 10years time, I think he's dreaming. No matter how big you are, the embarrassment is something else....

Abeg don't let me start with China. Even as a person of color with a foreign passport, the way they look at you when you present your passport sef...you know that look of ''oh how I would love to humiliate you but your passport don save you''. I met a female officer. I greeted her with Nihao abi how do they even spell it sef, not even a single word from her. Meanwhile I heard her greeting her people before me. Then I brought out my passport from my handbag and presented it to her...oh you should have seen the look on her face. Them no born her well. cool
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry:

Abeg don't let me start with China. Even as a person of color with a foreign passport, the way they look at you when you present your passport sef...you know that look of ''oh how I would like to humiliate you but your passport don save you''. I met a female officer. I greeted her with Nihao abi how do they even spell it sef, not even a single word from her. Meanwhile I heard her greeting her people before me. Then I brought out my passport from my handbag and presented it to her...oh you should have seen the look on her face. Them no born her well. cool
Hahahahahah your very right. Lolz that's what we face here on the daily. I have a friend who has been here for 8years and married to a Chinese with Kids and he has Hongkong passport. You need to see the way officers look @ him whenever he brings out the passport. Racism surely exists...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NicholasEkene: 8:01am On Sep 22, 2014
I want to apply for admission in university of sydney...I need someone to direct me please. On 1)What is ur citizenship/presidency status, 2) are you of aboriginal or toress strait islander origin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 22, 2014
NicholasEkene: I want to apply for admission in university of sydney...I need someone to direct me please

Good morning,you have to go to their website check for your program/course.go through the specified program reaquirement and apply online.hope this helps,do have a lovely day smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NicholasEkene: 8:45am On Sep 22, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Good morning,you have to go to their website check for your program/course.go through the specified program reaquirement and apply online.hope this helps,do have a lovely day smiley
. Swt damsel thank you..jst need to confirm wen to pay for application processing fee...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ricky11: 12:10am On Sep 23, 2014
Hello!

Please am presently applying for a work visa, with the intention of doing my Masters... in Melbourne precisely. I don't know how possible this is?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 23, 2014
Ricky11: Hello!

Please am presently applying for a work visa, with the intention of doing my Masters... in Melbourne precisely. I don't know how possible this is?

Are you applying with a nigerian passport?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ricky11: 12:34am On Sep 23, 2014
jennykadry:

Are you applying with a nigerian passport?

Yes I am!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ricky11: 12:45am On Sep 23, 2014
Is it possible?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 23, 2014
Ricky11:

Yes I am!

Have you applied?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:35am On Sep 23, 2014
Ricky11: Is it possible?

NO
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Kenyan85: 8:54am On Sep 23, 2014
Kenyan85: Hey my good neighbours.Am Kenyan and i have been following closely the posts made on this forum.Quite helpful and used advise obtained on here to lodge my application, although i involved an educational agent when submitting documents to obtain student visa.
I am from AL3 and will be going to study nursing diploma in Oz,course expected to start in October week one.Well,i did a late submission and now this is my 5th week waiting,i used a close family member(as required for AL3 new rules)bank statement with around AUD$ 60,000 if i convert the currency.
My question is how long has someone in my kind of situation waited for visa grant?Does the CO contact sponsor because my brother is out of the country?Will i be contacted by the CO for phone interview?Is it possible to use VLN number to track visa,i tried but gives me some error notification," invalid VLN characters".
I already submitted medicals after lodging visa.
Its really disturbing doing the waiting-naturally i suppose.
Thanking you in advance for your contributions.
Kenyan85: Hey my good neighbours.Am Kenyan and i have been following closely the posts made on this forum.Quite helpful and used advise obtained on here to lodge my application, although i involved an educational agent when submitting documents to obtain student visa.
I am from AL3 and will be going to study nursing diploma in Oz,course expected to start in October week one.Well,i did a late submission and now this is my 5th week waiting,i used a close family member(as required for AL3 new rules)bank statement with around AUD$ 60,000 if i convert the currency.
My question is how long has someone in my kind of situation waited for visa grant?Does the CO contact sponsor because my brother is out of the country?Will i be contacted by the CO for phone interview?Is it possible to use VLN number to track visa,i tried but gives me some error notification," invalid VLN characters".
I already submitted medicals after lodging visa.
Its really disturbing doing the waiting-naturally i suppose.
Thanking you in advance for your contributions.

I was hoping for some insight please please.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:01am On Sep 23, 2014
Kenyan85:

I was hoping for some insight please please.

Send an email to them for status update.

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.