Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752158 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Kenyan85: 9:14am On Sep 23, 2014
bellong:

Send an email to them for status update.

If i send an email on my 6th week waiting, would it be appropriate? Because i have no idea what "normal waiting time" is.
Regards
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 9:17am On Sep 23, 2014
Kenyan85:

If i send an email on my 6th week waiting, would it be appropriate? Because i have no idea what "normal waiting time" is.
Regards

Nothing wrong in asking question. You would either be ignored or answered.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Kenyan85: 9:22am On Sep 23, 2014
ok thanks will do.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ruleogo: 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello everyone, please am about applying for schools in Australia but just need to clear things first. My wife and I would be applying as students and we have a baby who he is 2 years old.
Do we need to have a sponsor if we have sufficient amount to cover everything for the duration of two years we will be studying.
Also can anyone advise on the cities we should look out for.
It is possible to make full payment of your school fees for the whole duration to show you have funds to cover yourself.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ruleogo: Hello everyone, please am about applying for schools in Australia but just need to clear things first. My wife and I would be applying as students and we have a baby who he is 2 years old.
Do we need to have a sponsor if we have sufficient amount to cover everything for the duration of two years we will be studying.
Also can anyone advise on the cities we should look out for.
It is possible to make full payment of your school fees for the whole duration to show you have funds to cover yourself.

You don't need a sponsor if you can foot the bills.

Better for them if you pay the full fees, they know you are serious grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
BossladyMo,

Saw you applied for subclass 489. Why?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
@Bellong, hmmm...weird story!

So i fell shot of 1 point in my writing, so 189 was out of it.

I decided to go 190...only to find out QLD decided to move some occupations to 489 only...mine included.

I applied for VIC...yimu to dem, cos they rejected me.

NSW filled up a thousand occupation slots within 30mins...the next batch is middle of October, and there is no guarantee Naija internet will be fast enough to catch a slot.

Northern Territory is notorious for offering 489 even when you applied for 190...besides, I couldn't get enough job adverts for my occupation. So I boned that side.

So hubby and I, after doing some calculations and brain-storming, decided to go 489...then swotch to 887 later on. So we lodged the application.

Guess what QLD decided to bring all the occupations they took to 489 back to 190, about 3 weeks after we already lodged the visa!!! Imagine. It is obvious they realised people weren't moving to the regional areas, so they put popular occupations like mech eng etc on 489 only for a while, just to attract people.

Oh well...nothing spoil, will be switching to a 190 as soon as we arrive. If I withdraw the application now, I won't be refunded...and hubby is as impatient as ever to leave this country sef, lol, so waiting for his transcript to pull thru so I can get partner points is longggg tin...as I'm also unable to claim work exp points.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Manweysabi(m): 5:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
bossladyMo: @Bellong, hmmm...weird story!

So i fell shot of 1 point in my writing, so 189 was out of it.

I decided to go 190...only to find out QLD decided to move some occupations to 489 only...mine included.

I applied for VIC...yimu to dem, cos they rejected me.

NSW filled up a thousand occupation slots within 30mins...the next batch is middle of October, and there is no guarantee Naija internet will be fast enough to catch a slot.

Northern Territory is notorious for offering 489 even when you applied for 190...besides, I couldn't get enough job adverts for my occupation. So I boned that side.

So hubby and I, after doing some calculations and brain-storming, decided to go 489...then swotch to 887 later on. So we lodged the application.

Guess what QLD decided to bring all the occupations they took to 489 back to 190, about 3 weeks after we already lodged the visa!!! Imagine. It is obvious they realised people weren't moving to the regional areas, so they put popular occupations like mech eng etc on 489 only for a while, just to attract people.

Oh well...nothing spoil, will be switching to a 190 as soon as we arrive. If I withdraw the application now, I won't be refunded...and hubby is as impatient as ever to leave this country sef, lol, so waiting for his transcript to pull thru so I can get partner points is longggg tin...as I'm also unable to claim work exp points.

Thought you have work experience... 1year work experience.

how many years minimum work experience is required to claim point on work experience.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
Manweysabi:

Thought you have work experience... 1year work experience.

how many years minimum work experience is required to claim point on work experience.

I have more than a year's work experience, but less than 3years.

You need 3yrs and above to claim points.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

You could have gone with SA. That state is very generous.

Its not fair collecting same amount from 489 and denying them some rights.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
bellong:

You could have gone with SA. That state is very generous.

Its not fair collecting same amount from 489 and denying them some rights.

SA doesn't have my occupation on their list.

It's not fair at all, but at the same time it gives 10pts to people who otherwise would not have been able to apply. It's just the instability of the Australian immigration system that is the major problem....one min your occupation is on, the next minute it is out....not taking into consideration applicants expenses and plans.

Ohwell, at least it is better than if my occupation had been removed from everywhere....it would have been a disaster, and a waste of time and money.

It's mainly disadvantageous if you have kids or you intend studying..but if you are a single person or a couple without kids and don't intend studying, it's really not so bad
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

It is better than Nothing....

I didn't know your occupation isn't on SA list.

It is well.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
bellong:

It is better than Nothing....

I didn't know your occupation isn't on SA list.

It is well.

Better than nothing oo, lol....only a few glitches along the way. The money we will spend to apply for a 190 after we arrive, we could have spent here in Naija, so all join.

The koko is just to get there before major changes come up next financial year....cos there will be major changes according to a press release I read, and also before they start putting Naija on long security checks cos of the Boko Haram issue and all.

Anyone who wants to migrate via the SMP should start now!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

Better than nothing oo, lol....only a few glitches along the way. The money we will spend to apply for a 190 after we arrive, we could have spent here in Naija, so all join.

There is a review process ongoing. I hope it will be beneficial to all.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
bellong:

There is a review process ongoing. I hope it will be beneficial to all.

I hope so too, but I doubt it will be. Reading what they listed to be changed/reviewed..hmmm...oh well
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 9:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

I hope so too, but I doubt it will be. Reading what they listed to be changed/reviewed..hmmm...oh well
Bosslady.. what was the review?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by brainny74(m): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
surveyor1:
Thanks.
bossladyMo:

Pls bosslady, I am very much interested In moving †φ australia using the SWV and my profession is medical diagnostic radiography and as I'm writing this, I'm so much in the dark as †φ Ђow †φ even start, from ur discussions I found out Ʊ've gone far with the process, can u if u don't mind give me. Little info on Ђow †φ start, pls if u don't mind can we talk on whatsaap or email-brainnnov@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance and waiting for this.......
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by brainny74(m): 5:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
surveyor1:
Thanks.
bossladyMo:

Pls bosslady, I am very much interested In moving †φ australia using the SWV and my profession is medical diagnostic radiography and as I'm writing this, I'm so much in the dark as †φ Ђow †φ even start, from ur discussions I found out Ʊ've gone far with the process, can u if u don't mind give me. Little info on Ђow †φ start, pls if u don't mind can we talk on whatsaap or email-brainnnov@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance and waiting for this.......07057730556
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
^^^^^ Take your time to read this site. After which you can ask questions.

www.skillselect.gov.au
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by brainny74(m): 5:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
bellong: ^^^^^ Take your time to read this site. After which you can ask questions.

www.skillselect.gov.au

Thank you very much, let me do just that!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
brainny74:

Thanks in advance and waiting for this.......07057730556

Hey! I'm not conversant with that occupation and it's requirements, but try getting in touch with eother Nwokenna or UBKtech....one of them is medical radiographer and is now in Aus via the skilled migrant route.

Overall, the major steps are -

Get assessed
Get IELTS done
Submit EOI
Lodge visa after invite
Submit documents
Medicals
Grant

Hope this helped...

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
574 approved today. No regrets turning down the few doctoral offers I had gotten in America.

Thanks to everyone who were on this thread before me. Your posts were really insightful to the extent that I almost became a travel agent, lol grin

#TeamAustralia.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
COngrats FutureDon....

May you become a Don in your field of endeavour as your heart desire...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 9:14pm On Sep 25, 2014
FutureDon: 574 approved today. No regrets turning down the few doctoral offers I had gotten in America.

Thanks to everyone who were on this thread before me. Your posts were really insightful to the extent that I almost became a travel agent, lol grin

#TeamAustralia.
Congrat. I even thought you are in australia already. smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2014
bellong: COngrats FutureDon....
May you become a Don in your field of endeavour as your heart desire...

Amin o. Thanks a lot. Modupe gann.

surveyor1: Congrat. I even thought you are in australia already. smiley

Haha, broda. That's exactly what I told you when you chopped visa grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
Congrats FutureDon. Don Baba Aussie. #TeamAustralia
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
prechear: Congrats FutureDon. Don Baba Aussie. #TeamAustralia

Washeree bro. Good luck with your app too. Keep the hope alive sir.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
FutureDon: 574 approved today. No regrets turning down the few doctoral offers I had gotten in America.

#TeamAustralia.

Congrats
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2014

#TeamAustralia.

Congrats!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2014

#TeamAustralia.
Congrats man
when did you apply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.