Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:08 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (747262 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
FutureDon:

I only got the msg request which I replied to bro.

Origin is better bro smiley . Unfortunately, I doubt if you would be allowed to take it in. So I just dey joke ni.

Hmmnn, enjoy for where grin Na una dey chop all the coast life.
don't mind Oga surveyor1... he Wan start to whine us... GC wey get good life
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
bossladyMo:

Thanks Iriferi! Hope you are settling nicely?
yes ooo... but it's not easy sha (e easy ooo, am just kidding)... too many asians (especially chinese). I been Wan look map again to check if na aussie I dey or china...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
Congratulations BossladyMo.

Blessings of God Almighty on the baby and her parents too. Maybe the joy open doors upon doors for you (Amen).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
iriferi:
don't mind Oga surveyor1... he Wan start to whine us... GC wey get good life
grin. No be soo. Welcome iriferi
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by iriferi(m): 2:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
surveyor1:

grin. No be soo. Welcome iriferi
thanks BOSS!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hello house.I have a question.
Hubby"s assessment is ongoing as I type and was due to be ready by Friday.We however got a mail from his assessment body that one of the courses(accounting 1) in his syllabus is missing from his transcript.they want an explanation for that omission since accounting 11 has been completed and is included.
This is of course some mistake from his school as they failed to include it in his transcript but it's a course that he studied in school.
Any suggestions on how to resolve it(going to the school to get another transcript which might or might not reflect this course is something we don't want to consider just yet cos for all we know they didn't include it cos they couldn't find)
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 5:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
walmak:
Thank you, so i will be like you.
Master's degree in Architecture not yet. I submitted the application with 3 years relevant experience.
Did you submit your application with years of experience also and whats the next step once you get a positive response? Cypha8. Cc:bossladyMO

Abeg be better than me oh... As you can see the end of my current timeline grin

No sir, I did not have enough years of work experience to claim points for experience. Next step after positive assessment is to seek state sponsorship (SS). For now, you should qualify for Northern Territory SS. Tasmania I doubt but you can check their requirements if you meet them. These are the only two states you are eligible for at the moment.

You can start preparing for NT SS application while waiting for your assessment resuly. Good luck...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 11:33pm On Oct 15, 2014
bellong:

I don't think your MBA alone can give you a positive skill assessment. What is your first degree?

If the assessing body assess the experience to be relevant to the chosen occupation, s/he can tick relevant but will not be awarded point if it is less than 3 years.

The system automatically award you points if you claim 3years upward and will not award point if it is less.

I hold an ND & HND (In Nigeria) + a UK professional qualification.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
bossladyMo:
Hello house! Praise the Lord with me!!!

God has blessed us with a beautiful baby girl!!! I put to bed a litte while ago!!!

Congrats. Eku ewu. Ayo abara tintin. Olorun a woooo
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
Jetspeed:

I dont think that suffice. You can just try if you have some cash to spare.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 11:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
surveyor1:

I dont think that suffice. You can just try if you have some cash to spare.

Really. Just standby and watch me celebrate my success story on this forum.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:26am On Oct 16, 2014
Jetspeed:

Really. Just standby and watch me celebrate my success story on this forum.
@jetspeed. I dont think you can suprise me in all ramification. I dont need to boost at all. Why people dont like to listen to the truth. I remeber belong adviced you that MBA is not suffice for skill migration and that was what I reintrated in my post. Nobody wish you bad, is just that you failed to listen to the truth. Anyway I am waiting for the good news bro. Have you ever hear someone with HND and professional experience that vatesse gave positive assesment. If you can check the requirement of the assesing body, you will see the minimum qualification required. All the best
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 5:47am On Oct 16, 2014
Jetspeed:

The ND and HND are in what field?

The professional qualification is what?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by holuphisayor(m): 7:31am On Oct 16, 2014
please, is it possible to change from a 2.5year advance diploma prog to a 2year diploma program when in australia? heard one can change but am not sure of the possibility of changing from 2.5year prog to a 2year prog. thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 7:51am On Oct 16, 2014
bellong:

The ND and HND are in what field?

The professional qualification is what?

ND & HND = Business Administration
Prof. Qualification= Advanced Diploma (procurement & Supply)
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 8:25am On Oct 16, 2014
Jetspeed:

ND & HND = Business Administration
Prof. Qualification= Advanced Diploma (procurement & Supply)

Find an occupation relevant to your degree and work experience, apply for that alongside with your MBA and professional qualifications.

Check ANZSCO's website to understand the job duties so it align with what you want to claim.

Good luck.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Jetspeed: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2014
bellong:

Find an occupation relevant to your degree and work experience, apply for that alongside with your MBA and professional qualifications.

Check ANZSCO's website to understand the job duties so it align with what you want to claim.

Good luck.

Thanks Bro.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by walmak(m): 9:43am On Oct 16, 2014
OK. Thanks for the information. Information is power.
Where do I get info for the SS. So I can start my preparation now?
quote author=Cypha8 post=27170196]

Abeg be better than me oh... As you can see the end of my current timeline grin

No sir, I did not have enough years of work experience to claim points for experience. Next step after positive assessment is to seek state sponsorship (SS). For now, you should qualify for Northern Territory SS. Tasmania I doubt but you can check their requirements if you meet them. These are the only two states you are eligible for at the moment.

You can start preparing for NT SS application while waiting for your assessment resuly. Good luck...[/quote]
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by chookudi(m): 12:43pm On Oct 16, 2014
Congratz Ma'am..God bless the new child. I have been following this thread albeit "quietly" and you have been doing a great job..seems you are more like the new Jenny here..lol. Anyone coming to Sydney soon?

bossladyMo:
Hello house! Praise the Lord with me!!!

God has blessed us with a beautiful baby girl!!! I put to bed a litte while ago!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bondinlon: 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hello House! Please I need your help. I submitted EOI for Australia skilled independent subclass visa (189). Fortunately, I have been given invitation to apply for this subclass visa. But the problem now is when I used the pricing tool, the amount for just the visa application alone is about 550k. That's really much for just ordinary visa. Please is anybody in the house that knows more about it or who has the experience. I want reply. Thanks!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 6:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
bondinlon:
Hello House! Please I need your help. I submitted EOI for Australia skilled independent subclass visa (189). Fortunately, I have been given invitation to apply for this subclass visa. But the problem now is when I used the pricing tool, the amount for just the visa application alone is about 550k. That's really much for just ordinary visa. Please is anybody in the house that knows more about it or who has the experience. I want reply. Thanks!

Have you done skills assessment?

Have you written IELTS?

What do you need help with?

The price given is not an error.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 6:12am On Oct 17, 2014
BossladyMo,

Where is the party at?

My stomach aches for that rice and poundo... cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
walmak:
OK. Thanks for the information. Information is power.
Where do I get info for the SS. So I can start my preparation now?

You'll find all the info here
http://www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au/Working/bsm/nt-nominated-general/Pages/skilled-nominated.aspx

http://www.migration.tas.gov.au/skilled/visas/nominated

Best wishes...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:16am On Oct 18, 2014
Cypha8:

You'll find all the info here
http://www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au/Working/bsm/nt-nominated-general/Pages/skilled-nominated.aspx
http://www.migration.tas.gov.au/skilled/visas/nominated
Best wishes...

NT is perhaps the most difficult state to get sponsorship from, the reason for this is simply because a lot of people in the past have abused NT's SS program and deprived NT of the benefits of the skilled migration program. They used NT's SS to get their visa but never set foot on NT soil or went AWOL a few days or months after arriving. Nowadays, you have to 'demonstrate a commitment to living and working in NT or have been living and working in NT for a specified period of time' to be successful with NT SS.

Having your occupation on their list is one thing, but you have to find a way to convince them of your commitment to NT before submitting your SS application. I suggest you even apply to one of the schools in NT and include their offer letter in your application package to them, just to show them that your interest in NT does not end with SS. grin grin

Most people do not want to live in NT because it is the least developed and most remote of all the Australian states. In my short while of being here, I have seen at least FOUR 9ja professionals, three of them citizens relocate to Victoria from NT. I am not saying this to discourage you, rather to draw your attention to one factor that may hold the key to the success or otherwise of your SS application and prepare you for the task ahead.

Best of luck with your application!!

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by walmak(m): 7:58am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by walmak(m): 8:00am On Oct 18, 2014
UBKtech:

NT is perhaps the most difficult state to get sponsorship from, the reason for this is simply because a lot of people in the past have abuse NT's SS program and deprived NT of the benefits of the skilled migration program. They used NT's SS to get their visa but never set foot on NT soil or went AWOL a few days or months after arriving. Nowadays, you have to 'demonstrate a commitment to living and working in NT or have been living and working in NT for a specified period of time' to be successful with NT SS.

Having your occupation on their list is one thing, but you have to find a way to convince them of your commitment to NT before submitting your SS application. I suggest you even apply to one of the schools in NT and include their offer letter in your application package to them, just to show them that your interest in NT does not end with SS. grin grin
Ok. That's noted.

Most people do not want to live in NT because it is the least developed and most remote of all the Australian states. In my short while of being here, I have seen at least FOUR 9ja professionals, three of them citizens relocate to Victoria from NT. I am not saying this to discourage you, rather to draw your attention to one factor that may hold the key to the success or otherwise of your SS application and prepare you for the task ahead.

Best of luck with your application!!

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
For potential students;

I think I mentioned this sometime ago but it wouldn't hurt to mention it again.

There is this course that is very hot at the moment. Australians are in desperate need for them....they are known as occupational/industrial hygienists. Masters of Occupational Hygiene and toxicology. These people can work almost everywhere;oil and gas, mining, construction e.t.c. After studies there are post graduate programs for them at oil and gas. Intel has it that Chevron cannot wait for them to finish studies before grabbing them for 5 years post graduate job and fly many of them to the states twice a year. Another intel has it that many of them are making between 1200-1500 dollars a day...this intel is an hygienist. One hygienist I met told me she was on 172.99 dollars per hour for a 10 hour per day 5 days a week job. Rio tinto is another company crazy about them and like I said, no one really knows about them...Australia I heard is desperate for them. They are short of hygienists in many industries.

They have their own registration body like health professionals. Many of them do fly in fly out...companies fly them to and fro location pluys accommodation and feeding all paid for plus their normal wage.

Graduate program is a program put in place by many companies to help a student transition from student life into the workforce...it's like fresh graduate doctors and their one year housemanship/internship...though they are on internship, they have a huge support network at work and also get paid what they should get paid no kobo deducted. I always advise students who have post grad opportunities to go for them...not only do they have full support from their superiors, they also get paid fully like any other worker with their experience.

Happy sunday people

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
Mrs jenny. Una welldone oo. Good post
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Franzeez(m): 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hello guys! Does any1 hv the idea of what tests r going to be carried out during the medicals? I hv been asked to move on for medicals, so I wanna check myself first abeg. #avoidingtensions biko! I know Chest xray, mayb ebola test kind of and which other one s plsss
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aduktus(m): 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
Franzeez:
Hello guys! Does any1 hv the idea of what tests r going to be carried out during the medicals? I hv been asked to move on for medicals, so I wanna check myself first abeg. #avoidingtensions biko! I know Chest xray, mayb ebola test kind of and which other one s plsss

Let us know ur visa subclass and d program u re going for...whether it is medical related or not...but be sure no ebola test...of all d tests, xray is the most important and as long as u re not having any significant medical indentation on ur xray, u will be good to go otherwise any abnormality found on ur xray will be scrutinized and this may take up to 2-3moths depending.......before medical clearance is given...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=jennykadry post=27271398]For potential students;

Nice one Jennykadry. More of this pls. Heads-up people
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by malkinburg: 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
jennykadry:
For potential students;

There is this course that is very hot at the moment. Australians are in desperate need for them....they are known as occupational/industrial hygienists. Masters of Occupational Hygiene and toxicology. These people can work almost everywhere;oil and gas, mining, construction e.t.c. After studies there are post graduate programs for them at oil and gas. Intel has it that Chevron cannot wait for them to finish studies before grabbing them for 5 years post graduate job and fly many of them to the states twice a year. Another intel has it that many of them are making between 1200-1500 dollars a day...this intel is an hygienist. One hygienist I met told me she was on 172.99 dollars per hour for a 10 hour per day 5 days a week job. Rio tinto is another company crazy about them and like I said, no one really knows about them...Australia I heard is desperate for them. They are short of hygienists in many industries.

They have their own registration body like health professionals. Many of them do fly in fly out...companies fly them to and fro location pluys accommodation and feeding all paid for plus their normal wage.

Graduate program is a program put in place by many companies to help a student transition from student life into the workforce...it's like fresh graduate doctors and their one year housemanship/internship...though they are on internship, they have a huge support network at work and also get paid what they should get paid no kobo deducted. I always advise students who have post grad opportunities to go for them...not only do they have full support from their superiors, they also get paid fully like any other worker with their experience.

Happy sunday people

Please can you confirm for the house if the role she was earning as an industrial hygienist is on contract. And please what level is she on. Entry, intermediate or senior roles. Av got a friend in project management that earns at least 250k per year on an intermediate role on contract bases. A full time staff on that level earns about 86k. He has about 4 yr experience. Am not trying to compare the two but I know better to look for a contract job when I am done with school until 7yrs before I will switch back to a fulltime role so that I can make more in the initial offing. Get what I mean! Not everyone knows what sup so Please clarify so intending migrates would have a realistic view and also know the pro and cons of having contract roles as supposed to fulltime roles.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (401)

North Cyprus / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.