Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,321 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:28 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (747356 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by toluene23(f): 9:40am On Oct 31, 2014
Can I apply under Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)?@UBKTech.or wat Type shld I apply for;meanwhile finance is the Prob,hope its not dat expensive?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cheedyH: 9:40am On Oct 31, 2014
Thanks cherries,Bellong and BossladyMo. @Bosslady Month she is on her first trimester. Does it mean her visa will be refused cos she won't be able to do chest X-ray?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 31, 2014
cheedyH:
Thanks cherries,Bellong and BossladyMo. @Bosslady Month she is on her first trimester. Does it mean her visa will be refused cos she won't be able to do chest X-ray?

If she can't complete the medicals, it's safe to say her visa application can't be completed. If she is willing to risk doing the x-ray in the first tri sha...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 31, 2014
toluene23:
Can I apply under Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)?@UBKTech.or wat Type shld I apply for;meanwhile finance is the Prob,hope its not dat expensive?

Did you read the eligibility requirements for subclass 186?

Please use the visa finder on that link and take time to read the eligibility requirements because that's what determines whether you qualify for the visa or not.

Each visa subclass have requirements that MUST be met before you are granted such visa, you have to make sure you meet the stipulated requirements before applying for any class of visa.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
fellow Nlanders,
what do u guys tink of south Australia, Adelaide to be precise in terms of job, cost of living n social life....offer arrived from Flinder uni this morin...bsc in nursing(SVP).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 31, 2014
@laminaira, pls what are the docs u submitted to the school for BSC nursing and have u gotten COE yet?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
troubled:
@laminaira, pls what are the docs u submitted to the school for BSC nursing and have u gotten COE yet?
international passport
waec
laspotech diploma both d transcript n certificate(optional if u don't av)
Ielts
statement of purpose
CV
other academics certificate (optional too).
I tink how u compose ur SOP really matters a lots n ur CV.
sourcing for d fund, am still waiting for other schools to finalize my moves. shalom bro!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by toluene23(f): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
i cant still select the one i can apply for;shld i apply for"Regional Sponsored Migration Visa Shceme(Subclass 187)" or Skilled-Recognised Graduate Visa(Subclass 476) or Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa(Subclass)or Employer Nomination Scheme(Subclass 186).Please I need ur Advice prior to the mail I posted online from the Azuk company...@Preacher,UBKTech and all.Please I need ur Advice.I'Ve gon thru all dos VISA's but still can't get d right one to select prior to the mail I received from the Education Agency that I shld get the Permit
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by toluene23(f): 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
I was trying to apply for Permanent Employer Sonsored or Nominated Visa;so they asked me Reference Num and I don't knw dat. And what shld be the status Visa Application Scheme(Direct entry,Agreement and Temporary Residence Transition) help.Thanks.I knw all is gonna b okay somday
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
hello people,

Pls are there child benefits attached to 190 PR on landing or only after one has lived for some yrs in Oz?

Or is it only for babies born in Oz?

Regards.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
toluene23:
i cant still select the one i can apply for;shld i apply for"Regional Sponsored Migration Visa Shceme(Subclass 187)" or Skilled-Recognised Graduate Visa(Subclass 476) or Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa(Subclass)or Employer Nomination Scheme(Subclass 186).Please I need ur Advice prior to the mail I posted online from the Azuk company...@Preacher,UBKTech and all.Please I need ur Advice.I'Ve gon thru all dos VISA's but still can't get d right one to select prior to the mail I received from the Education Agency that I shld get the Permit

Did ypu even read what the description of the visas you listed above?

I doubt you did...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
toluene23:
I was trying to apply for Permanent Employer Sonsored or Nominated Visa;so they asked me Reference Num and I don't knw dat. And what shld be the status Visa Application Scheme(Direct entry,Agreement and Temporary Residence Transition) help.Thanks.I knw all is gonna b okay somday

Ogbeni, calm down *inOlamidesVoice*
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
izykvision0:
hello people,

Pls are there child benefits attached to 190 PR on landing or only after one has lived for some yrs in Oz?

Or is it only for babies born in Oz?

Regards.

Yes there are.

Child Care Benefit (CCB)
Child Care Rebate (CCR)
Family tax benefit A and B

The first 2 can be assessed straight away...but I'm not sure if you need to reside for 2yrs to get the 3rd.

There are many other benefits, but you need to have resided permanently for 2yrs.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by izykvision0: 7:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ok. Thanks a lot for that bosslady.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by toluene23(f): 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2014
I was trying to apply for Permanent Employer Sonsored or Nominated Visa;so they asked me Reference Num and I don't knw dat.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
laminaria:
fellow Nlanders,
what do u guys tink of south Australia, Adelaide to be precise in terms of job, cost of living n social life....offer arrived from Flinder uni this morin...bsc in nursing(SVP).
adelaide unemployment rate is sky rocketing. Sydney, melbourne amd perth are the best cities when it comes to job. My 2cent.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by deaero: 8:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
Please under SVP does schools accept uncle resident in Nigeria as qualified sponsor?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 01, 2014
toluene23:

Please don't waste the money you don't have applying for any of those visas, I have told you before and I am still telling you now, TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS OF EACH OF THOSE VISAS AND SEE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR ANY.

You should not be in a hurry to apply for Visa, rather YOU SHOULD ASSESS YOURSELF AGAINST THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS first and see if you qualify for any.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 01, 2014
laminaria:
fellow Nlanders,

Congrats on your offer, however I believe there is a hidden "trap" with undergraduate SVP programs, the length of undergraduate SVP programs easily blows the financial requirements out the reach of many ordinary students.

Many prospective students easily rush to SVP programs because they want to shy away from the financial requirements of AL3, but this could easily turn around to hunt them.

Don't get me wrong, SVP programs have reduced financial requirements, but in practice the only difference is who checks the applicant's financial capacity, under SVP it is done by the school while AL3 is by DIBP.

For an average SVP undergrad program of 3.5yrs, the total costs for the whole duration of the program; tuition, living expenses, OSHC, travel and other, could easily run into AUD $130K - $140K. With such a huge financial outlay, it would be difficult to get accepted with the usual $40K range financial statement most students have. But of course, this does not apply if the school does not ask for evidence of funds or you have strong financial muscle.

I am saying this cos I have seen prospective two students applications rejected & banned from reapplying to the same schools for two years on this account.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by laminaria(m): 1:33am On Nov 01, 2014
UBKtech:

Congrats on your offer, however I believe there is a hidden "trap" with undergraduate SVP programs, the length of undergraduate SVP programs easily blows the financial requirements out the reach of many ordinary students.

Many prospective students easily rush to SVP programs because they want to shy away from the financial requirements of AL3, but this could easily turn around to hunt them.

Don't get me wrong, SVP programs have reduced financial requirements, but in practice the only difference is who checks the applicant's financial capacity, under SVP it is done by the school while AL3 is by DIBP.

For an average SVP undergrad program of 3.5yrs, the total costs for the whole duration of the program; tuition, living expenses, OSHC, travel and other, could easily run into AUD $130K - $140K. With such a huge financial outlay, it would be difficult to get accepted with the usual $40K range financial statement most students have. But of course, this does not apply if the school does not ask for evidence of funds or you have strong financial muscle.

I am saying this cos I have seen prospective two students applications rejected & banned from reapplying to the same schools for two years on this account.
Thank you for d enlightenment, but now most unis are now operating under svp and someone said here that SVP is coming for tafe comes next yr am not too sure abt that tho but the point is...most undergraduate comes wit SVP except few schools in oz am stand to be corrected and I don't tink anyone has right to change d status if the school is under SVP for her students. svp or not d tuition fee is alws above 10$k for uni courses so i dont see y anyone wnt go for svp except tafe wit low tuition fee .my question was not abt SVP or financial issues...
am just trying to seek knowledge about life, study n jobs in Adelaide. u are big boss here tanks bro!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:44am On Nov 01, 2014
laminaria:

Thank you for d enlightenment, but now most unis are now operating under svp and someone said here that SVP is coming for tafe comes next yr am not too sure abt that tho but the point is...most undergraduate comes wit SVP except few schools in oz am stand to be corrected and I don't tink anyone has right to change d status if the school is under SVP for her students. svp or not d tuition fee is alws above 10$k for uni courses so i dont see y anyone wnt go for svp except tafe wit low tuition fee .my question was not abt SVP or financial issues...
am just trying to seek knowledge about life, study n jobs in Adelaide. u are big boss here tanks bro!

Adelaide is the least expensive of all the capital cities in Australia and they have a number of great Unis, it is good place to live and Study. Jobwise, it may not have the same reputation as Sydney, Melbourne or Perth but I believe you will always get something to make your time worthwhile there but you will have to undergo some form of training.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by deaero: 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
deaero:
Please under SVP does schools accept uncle resident in Nigeria as qualified sponsor?
UBKtech can u answer this question please? I need your email pleAse
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by deaero: 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
UBKtech:

Adelaide is the least expensive of all the capital cities in Australia and they have a number of great Unis, it is good place to live and Study. Jobwise, it may not have the same reputation as Sydney, Melbourne or Perth but I believe you will always get something to make your time worthwhile there but you will have to undergo some form of training.
can uncle resident in Nigeria with business bank statement serve as sponsor for school under SVP?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 11:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
Hello House,

I've gotten my CoE, university of canberra to study master course work and will be applying for subclass visa 573... thanks to malkinburg he has been my info world all through the process. My CoE stated the OSCHC covered period, stated test of english others, satisfactory. Someone just called me up and dais i still need toefl/ielts this is unexpected and not prepared for. Any info from the house on this test of english and what are the necessary documents for svp as i will be going for application soonest with my wife. Thanks!
Josh
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 12:27am On Nov 02, 2014
alukojosh:
Hello House,

I've gotten my CoE, university of canberra to study master course work and will be applying for subclass visa 573... thanks to malkinburg he has been my info world all through the process. My CoE stated the OSCHC covered period, stated test of english others, satisfactory. Someone just called me up and dais i still need toefl/ielts this is unexpected and not prepared for. Any info from the house on this test of english and what are the necessary documents for svp as i will be going for application soonest with my wife. Thanks!
Josh
you dont need to write english language test since your education provider exempted you. Go and apply with your wife but try to do your medical upfront. All the best.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 12:59am On Nov 02, 2014
surveyor1:

you dont need to write english language test since your education provider exempted you. Go and apply with your wife but try to do your medical upfront. All the best.

Thanks for the response surveyor, do you think i should wait for OSHC receipt from the provider? Please what do you know about living and surviving in canberra
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:41am On Nov 02, 2014
deaero:
can uncle resident in Nigeria with business bank statement serve as sponsor for school under SVP?

My brother, it is always difficult sponsoring someone with a business bank statement, because it is hard to understand why a business will set itself back by tens of thousands of dollars to sponsor someone seemingly unconnected to it.

But it is not impossible, since you are going for SVP, the onus is on your school to accept such sponsorship. I suggest that you also get a strong affidavit of sponsorship from your sponsor
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 5:27am On Nov 02, 2014
alukojosh:

Thanks for the response surveyor, do you think i should wait for OSHC receipt from the provider? Please what do you know about living and surviving in canberra
once it is stated on your COE that OsHC is inclusive, you dont need to wait for the receipt. I dont really know much about canbera but it is desirable to be in city for jobs, if you are husler.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 6:39am On Nov 02, 2014
surveyor1:

once it is stated on your COE that OsHC is inclusive, you dont need to wait for the receipt. I dont really know much about canbera but it is desirable to be in city for jobs, if you are husler.

Thanks for the response, Seems am good to go. Below is the document checklist and no birth certificate of me or my wife requested in the list except our marriage certificate... I'll keep the house posted and your prayers is needed

Subclass 573: Document checklist - Streamlined
This document lists the information and supporting documents required to lodge your student visa application. It also lists additional documents that you might need to provide depending on your individual circumstances.
After completing this checklist, please attach it to the front of your application.
You might also be eligible to apply online.
See: Online Applications - Students

• The Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) certificate issued by your eligible education provider for the main course you are undertaking indicating that you are enrolled in a Bachelor or Masters by Coursework degree.
If you are intending to undertake an ELICOS, foundation or other pathway course (for example, bridging course or vocational educational course) as a prerequisite or to enable you to commence your bachelor or masters by coursework degree, you must also provide evidence of a CoE for each eligible prerequisite course(s). The approved enabling or prerequisite course(s) must be provided by an educational business partner nominated by your university and approved by the Minister for Immigration and Border Protection.
• Visa application charge – payable to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) by credit card, debit card, bank cheque or money order.
See: Visa Charges

• Certified copies of passport or travel documents of all people included in the application. Passports must not have expired. If you are asked to attend one of our offices you must bring your passport.

Personal documents
• If you are applying from outside Australia, four recent passport sized photographs (45mmx35mm) of you and any other person included in the application. If applying in Australia, only one photograph of each person is required.
• These photographs should be of the head and shoulders only against a plain background.
• Print the name of the person on the back of each photograph.
• Evidence of the relationship between you and your family.
Example:
• certified copies or notarised copies of birth certificates (including those who are not joining you in Australia)
• marriage certificate.

Health examinations
• You and any family member planning to remain with you in Australia may be required to undergo health examinations as part of the visa application process.
See: Health examinations
You are able to organise your health examinations before lodging a visa application.

Health insurance and character documents
• Evidence that you have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your visa. Your visa expiry date will be determined by the expiry date of your OSHC.
• You might be required to provide a penal clearance for any country you have lived in for 12 months, or longer, in the last ten years, since reaching 16 years of age. If you have served in the armed forces of any country, you might be required to provide certified copies of military service records or discharge papers. The office processing your application will advise you if they require these documents.

Financial documents
• You must declare on your student visa application that you have sufficient funds to cover yourself and your family members for the duration of your stay in Australia for:
• living costs
• tuition costs
• School costs for any school-aged children.
You must also declare that you have access to funds to cover travel costs to and from Australia.
The departmental officer assessing your application will need to be satisfied that the funds you are relying on will genuinely be available to you during your stay in Australia.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by uist: 6:59am On Nov 02, 2014
Hello House, Please i need ur help.

Please can anyone help me with University that offer Master in Computer Science or Information Technology with low tuition fee.

2. Can i get a patial scholarship in those courses?

3. Do i need IELTS ? if the school decide to waive it for me, do i need it during my visa application.

4. Can my uncle sponsor me during visa application? and how long does it take to get Aussie student visa? and what class of visa is for student going for Master Program, Can i get PR after i finish my program.

5. Whats the Job prospect for Computer Science in Aussie

6. I graduated with 2.2 in Computer science, can i be consider for Master in Computer Science or Information Technology?

Please i need answer from you guyz with experience. Thanks all
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by alukojosh: 7:10am On Nov 02, 2014
uist:
Hello House, Please i need ur help.

Please can anyone help me with University that offer Master in Computer Science or Information Technology with low tuition fee.

2. Can i get a patial scholarship in those courses?

3. Do i need IELTS ? if the school decide to waive it for me, do i need it during my visa application.

4. Can my uncle sponsor me during visa application? and how long does it take to get Aussie student visa? and what class of visa is for student going for Master Program, Can i get PR after i finish my program.

5. Whats the Job prospect for Computer Science in Aussie

6. I graduated with 2.2 in Computer science, can i be consider for Master in Computer Science or Information Technology?

Please i need answer from you guyz with experience. Thanks all
Kind of fall in thesame shoe as yours, same grade, same course and have CoE already, no schorlarship and the admission is easy. For msc you'll fall under svp meaning no need for statement of account buh if your uncle SOA weigh no problem if not that is still no problem as you are covered with svp. University of canberra gave me admission straight and good responses from other schools attempted but i was cool with UC the tuition is cheaper compare to other schools.
Best of God in your search

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (401)

North Cyprus / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.