Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752124 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 10:51am On Jan 24, 2015
bossladyMo:
Thanks. I read something like a letter of exemption on health.gov.au.......any ideas?

That's true. An exemption letter would suffice in your case

''Will I be allowed to enter Australia, if I do not have a yellow fever vaccination certificate?

If you are arriving in Australia from a yellow fever declared country but do not hold a vaccination certificate you will still be permitted to enter Australia without one. On arrival in Australia, Department of Agriculture, Biosecurity officers will reinforce the seriousness of the disease to you and provide you with a Yellow Fever Action Card. The card provides instructions on what you should do if you develop any symptoms of yellow fever in the six-day period following your departure from a yellow fever declared country''

''If your health care practitioner is of the opinion that vaccination is contraindicated on medical grounds, they should supply you with a signed letter detailing the reasons why you should not be vaccinated.''
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 24, 2015
prechear:

No Mam. I didn't use. D exchange rate ws crazy for d ticket but no regrets. OZ is great. Beautiful Melbourne

Are you telling me! Last I checked was 770 for us...but IOM is quoting a very good fare for us though.

I'm sure you've started job hunting...Naija nor dey cari last lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kolawolead(m): 10:57am On Jan 24, 2015
Thanks @BossladyMo, I will go ahead and lodge my application with VETASSESS ASAP then
bossladyMo:

My transcript was released 2 months after I lodged with VETASSESS, but I still got my assessment at the 3 month allocated processing time...so I ended up waiting for 3months in total, instead of waiting an extra 2 months for transcript before lodging.

So the choice is yours. But if you are sure your complete transcript will be released in 2 months or less, I would advise you go ahead and lodge.

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
FutureDon:

That's true. An exemption letter would suffice in your case

''Will I be allowed to enter Australia, if I do not have a yellow fever vaccination certificate?

If you are arriving in Australia from a yellow fever declared country but do not hold a vaccination certificate you will still be permitted to enter Australia without one. On arrival in Australia, Department of Agriculture, Biosecurity officers will reinforce the seriousness of the disease to you and provide you with a Yellow Fever Action Card. The card provides instructions on what you should do if you develop any symptoms of yellow fever in the six-day period following your departure from a yellow fever declared country''

''If your health care practitioner is of the opinion that vaccination is contraindicated on medical grounds, they should supply you with a signed letter detailing the reasons why you should not be vaccinated.''

That's the same thing I read. I alreafy emailed Biosecurity to confirm though. Will take thr vaccination certificate I got a few yrs back to ports health. If they accept, fine...If they don't, will do the exemption letter thing.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 12:57pm On Jan 24, 2015
bossladyMo:

Are you telling me! Last I checked was 770 for us...but IOM is quoting a very good fare for us though.

I'm sure you've started job hunting...Naija nor dey cari last lol

Lol. As if u knw. D hunting has started. Currently crafting a cover letter and CV tht suits OZ style like they say. Hope I land one soon. Naija no dey carry last sister!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oladunwo(m): 1:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
bossladyMo:

You assess your skills with the relevant accoubting body. I would advise you contact prechear , as he got his visa by nominating accounting.

Me MA ke, I'm a young lady ooo lol.

Prechear
Thank you very much ma, u have been so helpful . Am using ma for you coz u know what I don't know, so you are a Ma.lol grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by oladunwo(m): 1:26pm On Jan 24, 2015
prechear:

It follows the normal PR process:

1. Hit a 7 in all band in ielts (academic)
2. Get ur skills assessed by CPA, ICAA, IPA etc
3.If positive, express interest
4. When invited, lodge application
5. Medicals, PCC etc
6. Grant

sending greetings frm the great city of victoria. Melbourne is cool! Am already loving dis place
Thank you very much sir, your information is very helpful

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
oladunwo:

Thank you very much ma, u have been so helpful . Am using ma for you coz u know what I don't know, so you are a Ma.lol grin

Aright sir! Lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
prechear:

Lol. As if u knw. D hunting has started. Currently crafting a cover letter and CV tht suits OZ style like they say. Hope I land one soon. Naija no dey carry last sister!

Hope those Naija immigration ppl did not carry their nose
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 2:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
bossladyMo:

Hope those Naija immigration ppl did not carry their nose

One of them did. I couldn't even understand d guy and his questions. Imagine asking, hw did u get d visa like say na manna. D rest of d custom pple I had to deal with asked me for money. Everyone of dem! 1 naira, I no give! One of dem dey form say he wan delay me! Wentin concern me, I sofry pose for one corner dey disturb him business until he give up allow me pass. Am so ashamed we hav degenerated to dat level. Well, make I no go sound like say na me holy pass. Its well
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
prechear:

One of them did. I couldn't even understand d guy and his questions. Imagine asking, hw did u get d visa like say na manna. D rest of d custom pple I had to deal with asked me for money. Everyone of dem! 1 naira, I no give! One of dem dey form say he wan delay me! Wentin concern me, I sofry pose for one corner dey disturb him business until he give up allow me pass. Am so ashamed we hav degenerated to dat level. Well, make I no go sound like say na me holy pass. Its well

Hahahaha @ like sey na manna!

Did you carry foodstuff? Abi why custom sef show face?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by rolabettin(f): 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
@ Daero, I wasn't allowed to pay in dollars again, so when I applied, I paid 89,200 naira. Paid 37,500 at fatayi Williams. I have been granted my visa but it's better to front load medicals

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 4:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
bossladyMo:

I didn't carry because peeps here told me nt to and I will advise u nt to carry because it may delay u at customs. U will be asked to declare wat u came wit and food items are on red alert as carriers for diseases they cud introduce to d population. I ws told tht food here re nt so expensive even african food.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by baronphemmy(m): 4:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hello pals pls I need info on how to get uni dat is nt too costly in austraila all d skul and check are too expensive for master pls any help
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
bossladyMo:

Sorry. Custom and immigration dey confuse me. I meant immigration in my original post.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
baronphemmy:
Hello pals pls I need info on how to get uni dat is nt too costly in austraila all d skul and check are too expensive for master pls any help

Most of them are expensive,it all depends on your program.some schools willl ask you to go through a representative.it depends on what you want.except you want to go to canada or uk which are less
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 4:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
Men i wan carry food stuff oo.This one now don tire me

Abeg somebody should throw more light on carrying food stuff thing plz

One love..
prechear:

I didn't carry because peeps here told me nt to and I will advise u nt to carry because it may delay u at customs. U will be asked to declare wat u came wit and food items are on red alert as carriers for diseases they cud introduce to d population. I ws told tht food here re nt so expensive even african food.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by baronphemmy(m): 6:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
@Preciousstones I wnt to go for masters I av degree in biz admin,am like dere cos I heard dere is a lot opportunity dere e.g like workin and studies, extend my stay for two yrs after my progrm, e.t c pls do canada offer dat and dd u no any uni in canada dat run low fees too tnks for ur reply
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
prechear:

Yea...i've been advised not to. But that peppersoup spice and knorr cubes dey tempt me to carry sha!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
baronphemmy:
@Preciousstones I wnt to go for masters I av degree in biz admin,am like dere cos I heard dere is a lot opportunity dere e.g like workin and studies, extend my stay for two yrs after my progrm, e.t c pls do canada offer dat and dd u no any uni in canada dat run low fees too tnks for ur reply

Kinda similar;Nigerians perfer Canada but australia is better if you have the money.I can't really tell you right school for you cuz I don't know your GPA,your discipline and your bank account..lol you have do go online thank God for internet especially google.search for canadian schools,go through their requirements.eerm..this link might help:
https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/137

Note:decide what you want yourself and you will benefit from both countries before applying.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by worry359(m): 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
bossladyMo:

Yea...i've been advised not to. But that peppersoup spice and knorr cubes dey tempt me to carry sha!
Up to you
But Australia are very strict on food importation.
If you do take things keep a list and when asked TELL THEM.
The worst then is that they will confiscate the foods.

If you hide things and lie then big wahalla and spot fine.
They use sniffer dogs to check bags without opening them.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
worry359:

Up to you
But Australia are very strict on food importation.
If you do take things keep a list and when asked TELL THEM.
The worst then is that they will confiscate the foods.

If you hide things and lie then big wahalla and spot fine.
They use sniffer dogs to check bags without opening them.

Yeaaa...watched enough Border Security....wouldn't want to get slammed with a 220 fine.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
ukchy:
Men i wan carry food stuff oo.This one now don tire me

Abeg somebody should throw more light on carrying food stuff thing plz

One love..

You can visit the Dept of Agric and BioSecurity website for acceptable and non-acceptables
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2015
bossladyMo:

Lol. Knorr nt too bad to carry bt it qualify as spices. Spices dey included for declared items. Hope una don dey prepare to come
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
prechear:

Lol. Knorr nt too bad to carry bt it qualify as spices. Spices dey included for declared items. Hope una don dey prepare to come

Yea...that's what I'm hoping....hope they don't toss it.

Preparation dey go dey go, will be there sooner than you know it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
prechear:

Yea...that's what I'm hoping....hope they don't toss it.

Preparation dey go dey go, will be there sooner than you know it.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by atrapon(m): 9:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
atrapon:
Active house Greetings, may u find fulfilment in all ur undertakings dis day & beyond Amen,pls for some1 who is sceptical of australian schools,geography and places where one can relatively survive by any which way as a naija grin ...pls advice on d uni/location dat suits d above.tank u
response pls
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 24, 2015
atrapon:
response pls

My dear its only you and google that can answer your question.look for schools offering your course.if we assign a school to you(which is not our duty)the school might not be offering your course and we don't know if you have all the entry requirements.secondly,the location might not suit you too,in addition fees varies,we don't know if the fees will be okay for you.better still attend international school fairs they might help you with list of schools but you re limited except you do your assignment yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kakazee: 1:03am On Jan 25, 2015
You will get all that here. Almost all naija food is here if you know where to shop.
bossladyMo:

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by tonybunor(m): 4:14am On Jan 25, 2015
A state general hospital will give you a referral note to take to the federal ministry of health office close to you, that's where they will give you your yellow card... You don't have to take the vassine if well explained to the nurse in charge... A guy at the airport brought proof that he had done used the vassine recently he was asked to get the yellow card and he missed his flight that day...
bossladyMo:
s it compulsory one takes the yellow fever vaccine, before getting the card...especially if one has been vaccinated in the past 2yrs and brings evidence?

Must the yellow fever vaccine be from ports health, or will any govt hospital certificate do?

The reason I ask is because the vaccine is contra-indicated for breastfeeding mothers.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:31am On Jan 25, 2015
bossladyMo:

There is no issue whatsoever with carrying foodstuffs, provided they are dried and well labelled. Plus you must declare them at the point of entry or the will fine you and discard them if discovered.

Knorr cubes fall under commercially processed food category, so there is absolutely no problem at all. You can bring in your peppersoup spice. Just dry them well well, grind them to powder, put in in a transparent cellophane bag (the type the use in putting oil in most 9ja markets), use tape to seal it shut and write a label and place on it.

For leafy ones, chop them into bit, then dry them (usually indoors) until they are completely dried. Do the same with packaging in cellophane and labelling and you are good to go.

I know this from experience, I carried food stuff and most friends that arrived after me all brought in foodstuff.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.