Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752188 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 3:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Diamond should not try me oo or i will close all my account with them
i plan going there tomorrow shaa.
Why not try another branch or send mail to their headoffice.

This Bank know how to vex somebody.

bossladyMo:
Has anybody bought PTA here?

Diamond says they can't sell to me as I don't have a visa label...even though I informed them Aus doesn't make it compulsory to have one.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 3:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
Thanks soo much.

i will do that

tonybunor:

You can bring food stuffs like the normal garri, crayfish and dry ugu or bitter leaf... Even egusi but you have to grind whatever you need in Naija and seal it in a transparent bag and label it...but you won't be allowed to carry red oil or any liquid material
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
surveyor1:

They don't but some of the Nigeria immigration officers are naive about the label free. One more thing, don't exchange your dollar at airport oo

So how does one get round a naive immigration officer, if one happens to meet one? Or are those involved in checking visa entitlements very aware of this?

Why not the airport?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
ukchy:

Diamond should not try me oo or i will close all my account with them
i plan going there tomorrow shaa.
Why not try another branch or send mail to their headoffice.

This Bank know how to vex somebody.

Except you have a return ticket, a residence visa or citizenship, they won't sell to you on a one-way ticket.

Will try another branch.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
And what's with all those soldiers at the airport...?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
bossladyMo:
And what's with all those soldiers at the airport...?

Lol....they are always there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Lol....they are always there.

They were VERY helpful though. Hubby drove right towards them...we didn't know the car park was no more at the spot it used to be....now I understand why people have been complaining. It was one of them that entered the car and took us to the ports health office gangan...infact, we parked right next to the entrance gate as he told his other men to allow us...........and to say we didn't know any one of them from Adam!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
bossladyMo:

They were VERY helpful though. Hubby drove right towards them...we didn't know the car park was no more at the spot it used to be....now I understand why people have been complaining. It was one of them that entered the car and took us to the ports health office gangan...infact, we parked right next to the entrance gate as he told his other men to allow us...........and to say we didn't know any one of them from Adam!
Nice one. As at monday, port health was on strike.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Nice one. As at monday, port health was on strike.

Oh really? Didn't know that...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
bossladyMo:
EVERYBODY!!!

Just to quadruple confirm...lol...Naija immigration does not require a visa label abi? Has anyone encountered any issues at the airport in recent times, because of no visa label?

Equilibrium Prechear Mrnilobrawn Iriferi Surveyour Futuredon Nwokenna

Visa label is NOT needed. Just print ur visa grant notification sent to u via email and u will be fine
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
prechear:

Visa label is NOT needed. Just print ur visa grant notification sent to u via email and u will be fine

Bros how far with the ATM charges? What was the last exchange rate, and GTB's commission?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by SamAfrik(m): 9:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
FutureDon:

IPRS is unsurprisingly competitive. Have you looked at other RHD scholarships available to incoming international PhD students? I would like to think that your proposed uni has some other types of scholarship e.g. the tuition-only, top-up scholarship, etc. I thought it's dicey to proceed to pay the first year fees by yourself with the hope of tapping a scholarship by 2nd year except you are looking at significantly improving your scholarly capabilities before 2nd year (a.k.a publishing), which may not be realistic.

Based on my several months of experience applying for PhD positions, I would say the best person to talk to about funding is your proposed supervisor or postgraduate coordinator of your proposed program.

It may not come easily but if you pursue it religiously (and not give up), you'll definitely smile at the end.
Quite helpful.Thanks.
I'll intensify my search. Frankly, developed countries (from experience) are now creating more alternative financial interventions to their research students without necessarily depending on scholarships. Reason they live modest lives in the course of their study. I see Australia moving toward that direction soon.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by BKings: 10:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
bossladyMo:

Without egunje? I will be more than shocked
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
BKings:
Without egunje? I will be more than shocked

I swear down! Notin notin..........maybe cos they saw 2 kids in the car sha.....or maybe God just didn't want the kids stressed from walking in the sun.....lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by rolabettin(f): 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
@Bossladymo, pls do I need PTA, as my ticket is an e-ticket? And hope I will be able to withdraw with diamond Visa card in Australia? Cos am kinda scared so as not to be stucked or stranded over there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 11:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
bossladyMo : Yes, I'm confident that there won't be any issue concerning a visa label. Just the print out would do.

I used my Naija atm card (Zenith) yesterday - the exchange rate was 155.5 Naira to 1 AUD.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 11:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
rolabettin:
@Bossladymo, pls do I need PTA, as my ticket is an e-ticket? And hope I will be able to withdraw with diamond Visa card in Australia? Cos am kinda scared so as not to be stucked or stranded over there.

Let me answer for bossladymo, you do not compulsorily need a PTA if you can afford to buy from the a b o k i s (aka blackmarket) as getting it from the bank (at official rates) can sometimes be a pain in the neck. Your diamond bank card should work, if you are scared about it, I would suggest you activate your internet banking before leaving Naija. By so doing, you would be able to transfer to someone here with a functional atm card.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
tonybunor:
You can bring food stuffs like the normal garri, crayfish and dry ugu or bitter leaf... Even egusi but you have to grind whatever you need in Naija and seal it in a transparent bag and label it...but you won't be allowed to carry red oil or any liquid material

Bringing foodstuffs into OZ is as easy as ABC if you follow the guidelines of my boss tonybunor.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
rolabettin:

I can't say for diamond, cos it didn't work when I was applying for QLD sponsorship...GTB Mastercard did.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
FutureDon:
bossladyMo : Yes, I'm confident that there won't be any issue concerning a visa label. Just the print out would do.

I used my Naija atm card (Zenith) yesterday - the exchange rate was 155.5 Naira to 1 AUD.

Were there additional charges? Do you know if it's the same exchange rate across all banks?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by deaero: 12:04am On Jan 30, 2015
Please can someone send photo copies to the embassy?like photocopied WAEC transcript ? And what are the necessary mistakes to avoid wen applying to DIAC? Please someone answer? smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 12:11am On Jan 30, 2015
bossladyMo:
Were there additional charges? Do you know if it's the same exchange rate across all banks?

There is usually a flat 1500Naira for international ATM withdrawals and 3AUD charged by the OZ bank whose ATM machine I used. From my experience living elsewhere, I think there are slight differences in the exchange rate across banks. For instance, GTB has been rumored to have slightly higher rates.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 12:12am On Jan 30, 2015
deaero:
Please can someone send photo copies to the embassy?like photocopied WAEC transcript ? And what are the necessary mistakes to avoid wen applying to DIAC? Please someone answer? smiley

Photocopies should be legally certified as original true copy.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 1:00am On Jan 30, 2015
bossladyMo:

Thanks bro!

Does anyone know the current exchange rate GTB charges to the AUD?
when are you travelling?
Na God I take beg you, no use GTB oh! Those guys are not smiling. If you have a diamond bank acct, you will get lower rates and better card fees.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 1:03am On Jan 30, 2015
bossladyMo:
Has anybody bought PTA here?

Diamond says they can't sell to me as I don't have a visa label...even though I informed them Aus doesn't make it compulsory to have one.

that isn't even the problem, CBN rules say PTA can only be sold to someone who has a return ticket(I assume you have just one way bah)
Just buy minimal usd, Thats what I'm doing
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 30, 2015
equlibrium:

that isn't even the problem, CBN rules say PTA can only be sold to someone who has a return ticket(I assume you have just one way bah)
Just buy minimal usd, Thats what I'm doing

The lady said holders of a residence visa or citizenship can also purchase
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 30, 2015
equlibrium:

when are you travelling?
Na God I take beg you, no use GTB oh! Those guys are not smiling. If you have a diamond bank acct, you will get lower rates and better card fees.

Oh really...cos diamond told me they charge 2.5% commission fees....and I was even thinking that was expensive.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 1:11am On Jan 30, 2015
bossladyMo:

Bros how far with the ATM charges? What was the last exchange rate, and GTB's commission?

I didn't use my GTB a/c. I just withdrew almost all my money in my account bought USD and carry come here. I no want STORY for d gods.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 1:11am On Jan 30, 2015
FutureDon:

There is usually a flat 1500Naira for international ATM withdrawals and 3AUD charged by the OZ bank whose ATM machine I used. From my experience living elsewhere, I think there are slight differences in the exchange rate across banks. For instance, GTB has been rumored to have slightly higher rates.
Rumored? Rumored!!! angry
That darn bank will cut your head with machete!
Bossladymo, have your internet banking active on all your accounts so you can transfer to any bank's card with ease but know this, a Visa card will incur less charges than a master card and Diamond/Zenith charges are more reasonable than GTB.
So when you add Diamond's good rates and the fact they favour Visa cards vrs GTB rates and the fact the favour Master cards, the disparity in rates become more pronounced.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 1:13am On Jan 30, 2015
bossladyMo:

Oh really...cos diamond told me they charge 2.5% commission fees....and I was even thinking that was expensive.
still cheaper than GTB dear
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 1:14am On Jan 30, 2015
bossladyMo:

The lady said holders of a residence visa or citizenship can also purchase
I meant in the context of our "situation"
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ukchy: 8:22am On Jan 30, 2015
If your bank can,is better you buy from them cos d rate is cheaper.It has nothing to do with your ticket .Just d money you will hold for pocket when travelling..As for Diamond bank,I don't use them to do anything online payment or to buy anything online cos their visa card is always given error report.
GTB Master card is one touch,fast and does everything and d rate is good.PLEASE instead of VISA card,go get MASTER card cos it does wonder outside d country and is reliable
rolabettin:

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.