Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,310 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (752170 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 24, 2015
Boss, I am still waiting for the options u advice, once u are up. I think it's Monday in ur side already. Loyalty Sir cry
mrnilobrawn:

Options plenty for u but dont know where to start......

I don high....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ifexsco: 7:35pm On May 24, 2015
Oga...let me get you right, showing your Msc cancels all work experience before the Msc?? Clarify me, I didn't see it on their site.what if all your relevant experience was after your Msc? Abeg help a Bro. I put in my Msc and also put in a pre-Msc experience.
ferdimako:

If ur first degree is a five-yr program, hide ur M.Sc and claim work experience for all work done after B.Sc. Check with EA- Engineer Australia for ur skills assessment.
You have these points now:
Education: 15
Work experience: 5 or 10
English test: 10 will do, but if u get 20 the better for shortening of invitation wait time only.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 24, 2015
Ifexsco:
Oga...let me get you right, showing your Msc cancels all work experience before the Msc?? Clarify me, I didn't see it on their site.what if all your relevant experience was after your Msc? Abeg help a Bro. I put in my Msc and also put in a pre-Msc experience.
Yes if u intend to claim point test... only DIBP can allot points but ur assessing authority could still give u a clue. You too should know! E.g u finished ur B.Sc in 2005 Nov and started work in January 2007 and worked till March 2012...then went back to do M.Sc April 2012..finished M.Sc 2014 Nov.

If u include ur M.Sc, ur skilled employment MET Date is Nov 2014...the only work experience u can claim points from is work done from Dec 2014. They may use ur work experience before M.Sc for ur suitability only.

If they are deemed relevant oh. Again, if ur B.Sc only can stand for AQF degree comparability... hide ur M.Sc and claim points all the way. For ACS, they will only take out two years and the rest could fetch u points and that means u don't have to kill urself over superior English proficiency.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:12pm On May 24, 2015
Ifexsco:

If your experience is after you obtained the masters degree, that is what you have to use (I mean the MSc).
The work experience is after the last degree.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 24, 2015
RedReact:

If your experience is after you obtained the masters degree, that is what you have to use (I mean the MSc).
Great...many pple think work before M.Sc will count for points... that's the issue. But if ur B.Sc can't guarantee equivalence and u have M.Sc...bring in, the M.Sc and struggle for points elsewhere and which is probably from test of English.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 24, 2015
RedReact:

Oga...how u dey? HK?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by teeflow09: 10:10pm On May 24, 2015
sherrypelbrone:
AM ABOUT TO APPLY FOR A STUDENT VISA. PLS CAN ANYONE LIST ALL THE REQUIREMENTS..
NOTE; MY FATHER IS MY SPONSOR

THANKS
U will need ur COE(confirmation of enrolment )
Statement of account
Letter of sponsorship from ur father
Yellow card(u can get it at airport)
Passport photograph
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 24, 2015
Omonjoe:
Gud day all,
I am a newbie here and I want to migrate to AUSSIE but don't know a SUITABLE & EASY route to take. I am sorry I can't read thru previous posts nw cos of light issues (ba3 prob).
Here is my profile
Education: B.Eng - Elect Engr 2:1 (2010), M.Eng - Elect Engr (2014) all obtained in Nigeria
Experience: September will make it four (4) years I have bn working with a Fedral govt Engineering research agency.
English proficiency: NO IELTS yet
Marital status: Single
Please I need advice on d suitable route (I can stiil go for anoda masters or Adv dip) based on my profile frm gurus in d house.
Thanks all

Check if electrical engr is on the list. If it is, assess your BSc alone, get at least a 10 in ielts, and you would qualify for a 190. If you chose to claim your work exp as points, then you would qualify for a 189.

If you don't have enough employment evidence to back up your work experience, just kukuma siddon with your 190.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 24, 2015
bossladyMo:

Check if electrical engr is on the list. If it is, assess your BSc alone, get at least a 10 in ielts, and you would qualify for a 190. If you chose to claim your work exp as points, then you would qualify for a 189.

If you don't have enough employment evidence to back up your work experience, just kukuma siddon with your 190.
190 dey for engineers? wey 190 for IT folks, BossLady?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 24, 2015
erictack2003:
Oga Ferdimako, thanks a lot ooo, I will check, but if you run across any level, Hala me.

Go through the csol. See if any occupation fits her.

I think customer service mgr is on SA's list.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 24, 2015
You could also try www.realestate.com.au
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 24, 2015
Prince242:

Sups bro, pls I wanna ask if u av an idea on how best to get accommodation(one room) around Sunshine Coast. I will b moving to Aussie (University of the Sunshine Coast) by first week of July.

You could also try www.realestate.com.au
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ifexsco: 10:54pm On May 24, 2015
Hope I have not gotten myself into a big shit! Didn't get to this thread till I had submitted my EOI, so my only source of info was the person that introduced me to it and the much I got frm skillselect n EA. I didn't know all these technicalities. In my CDR,I wrote on my IT done at d end of my Msc coursework and then on two post Msc exp....I got a positive from EA. I declared my Msc in d EOI. I didn't know what 'relevant' experience meant, so I claimed a 'non relevant' pre Msc exp. I also claimed my pre BEng attache exp and of course d attache exp at the end of my Msc coursework and also my post Msc exp....the EOI page said it seems I have 5 to 8yrs exp and I believe dats hw I was awarded 10 for qualification bringing my claims to 65points(Age 30, #ualification 15, IELTS 10).
Knowing about the technicalities now,am scared because I have only 4yrs 5months relevant post Msc exp which gives only 5 for exp (60 in total instead of 65)....DIBP says I must be able to prove my claim of 65points.
What's my fate? Do they look at EOIs to sieve out non relevant exp and exp gotten before the last qualification? NB I have gotten invitation and have paid n submitted though I am yet to upload my documents.
Comments pls.....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by jazmine92: 11:35pm On May 24, 2015
Hi everyone I hve been a follower of this thread I just received my offer lettet uni of wollongong and tafe..under svp will they need a bank statement and do you guyz think I'll make the July intake. Thnx in advance
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 2:28am On May 25, 2015
ferdimako:

Oga...how u dey? HK?
I am good my brother and HK is good too.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 2:34am On May 25, 2015
jazmine92:
Hi everyone I hve been a follower of this thread I just received my offer lettet uni of wollongong and tafe..under svp will they need a bank statement and do you guyz think I'll make the July intake. Thnx in advance

For SVP, you don't really need a bank statement. As for the July intake, you can still make it, provided you apply for the visa soon.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 3:29am On May 25, 2015
DrDele:

Hello Forumites, i just recently joined. I am interested in Masters in Public health in Australia.

I am a Dr here in Nigeria and My wife holds a nursing Degree.

I recently Started my Residency training (pediatrics). But the strike and unpredictable things here is discouraging. '

I really need Advise from Members here. I am thinking of immigrating to Australia. I want to apply for a Masters in Public health for me to be able to immigrate. the target is practicing in Australia. But since i haven't written qualifying exams yet, i am thinking the quickest (or easiest) way to go is by a masters degree

what should i do? take up a masters in Public health? or go for something similar

mrnilobrawn, bossladyMo et al, please advise

My candid advise to you will be, that your wife should start the processing of her PR as primary applicant rather than coming here to study provided she will meet the points. You can check the PR process for Nurses in the previous posts. It is really expensive coming here to study when you are sure you can apply for PR. I had stopped someone from doing that in the past, and of course, he is ever grateful that I did that.

I would not advise you to resign your job and to come here to do jobs that you might not like. It is impossible to work here as a medical practictioner without having required qualifications. You have to pass AMC exam etc. Why not prepare for the exam while your wife is applying for the PR instead of going through the study that will not add to you, if you have mind of obtaining PR.

I know of a Dr who came to write the exam almost immediately after his study in Nigeria. He made it at first sitting and fortunately, he was able to secure a job and that led to his PR. On the other hand, another DR came here about 4yrs ago struggling to pass the exam without any success. In order to stay, he kept on hopping from one Msc degree to the other. He had to do just anything to survive. The goodnews is that, he made it eventually after years of struggling. I will strongly recommend that your wife should process the PR while you hold on to your job and at the same time try the exam rather than coming to study.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 3:37am On May 25, 2015
Omonjoe:
Yea, my B.Eng is a five year prog. I was thinking M.Eng should be an added advantage.How do I go about d EA stuff...is it done online?

Your Msc will not add to you but rather will reduce your years of experience. Kindly don't use it. Based on your details, Engineers Australia will give you positive assessment.

You have to do it by yourself. Kindly follow the steps in the link below.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/A_Rough_Guide_to_Australian_General_Skilled_Migration
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 3:52am On May 25, 2015
Ifexsco:
Hope I have not gotten myself into a big shit! Didn't get to this thread till I had submitted my EOI, so my only source of info was the person that introduced me to it and the much I got frm skillselect n EA. I didn't know all these technicalities. In my CDR,I wrote on my IT done at d end of my Msc coursework and then on two post Msc exp....I got a positive from EA. I declared my Msc in d EOI. I didn't know what 'relevant' experience meant, so I claimed a 'non relevant' pre Msc exp. I also claimed my pre BEng attache exp and of course d attache exp at the end of my Msc coursework and also my post Msc exp....the EOI page said it seems I have 5 to 8yrs exp and I believe dats hw I was awarded 10 for qualification bringing my claims to 65points(Age 30, #ualification 15, IELTS 10).
Knowing about the technicalities now,am scared because I have only 4yrs 5months relevant post Msc exp which gives only 5 for exp (60 in total instead of 65)....DIBP says I must be able to prove my claim of 65points.
What's my fate? Do they look at EOIs to sieve out non relevant exp and exp gotten before the last qualification? NB I have gotten invitation and have paid n submitted though I am yet to upload my documents.
Comments pls.....

Be aware that whatever you filled in the EOI, you MUST be able to prove your claims with documents. If you claimed to have 65points and eventually they discover your actual points is 60points, that may lead to visa denial. Sincerely, your B.Eng is enough for your assessment because the M.Eng will not add any point to your points. B.Eng and M.Eng have same points-15points.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ifexsco: 3:58am On May 25, 2015
Thanks for the info. Is there nothing I can do now to remedy the suitation? Using the incorrect information form? Writing them? Withdrawing the application if there will be a refund?
NNBB2012:

Be aware that whatever you filled in the EOI, you MUST be able to prove your claims with documents. If you claimed to have 65points and eventually they discover your actual points is 60points, that may lead to visa denial. Sincerely, your B.Eng is enough for your assessment because the M.Eng will not add any point to your points. B.Eng and M.Eng have same points-15points.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:22am On May 25, 2015
@BossLady,

Thanks a lot madam, this will help.
bossladyMo:

Go through the csol. See if any occupation fits her.

I think customer service mgr is on SA's list.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NNBB2012: 4:37am On May 25, 2015
Ifexsco:
Thanks for the info. Is there nothing I can do now to remedy the suitation? Using the incorrect information form? Writing them? Withdrawing the application if there will be a refund?

Note this that the EOI selection is based on ranking. For example, someone with 65points stands a better chance of being selected faster than another person with 60points. Someone with 60points might even have to wait for months. You were selected based on the higher points you claimed. It means you have already provided bogus and misleading information. The consequence is clear; the visa might be denied and money not refunded according to immigration booklet. Culled from immigration FAQ (If we find that you provided a bogus document or false or misleading information with your visa application:
•we might refuse your visa application
•we might prevent you from being granted another visa for three years and, if your visa has already been granted, we might cancel it.

Remember that you are responsible for the information included in your application, even if someone else completes it for you.
) However, If you had under claimed, say you claimed 60points and your actual points was 65points, there won't be any consequence. If you also withdraw your application, money paid are not usually refunded. Expect a miracle though.

I will advise that you should just submit every document you can submit.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:02am On May 25, 2015
Ifexsco:
Comments pls.....

There is still hope...don't fear.

As long as after re-calculating your points, you still fall on 60 (...and also, the co confirms that even with that 60, you could have still been invited), then there is a chance your visa will still be granted. The co will send you a letter, asking your approval to re-calculate your points.

But are you sure your EA assessment did not assess your BSc as equal to an Aus Bachelor's? Cos most 5 yr degrees get positivve assessment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:12am On May 25, 2015
@BossLady, another question I want to ask, I got my Offer Letter in BN since Feb, paid my fees, OSHC and got my CoE April. My program is starting Feb 8 2016(next year), is it too early to apply for my Student Visa right now?
erictack2003:
@BossLady,

Thanks a lot madam, this will help.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by amby7(m): 5:51am On May 25, 2015
Hello house, I'd been offered admission into university of wollongong and currently awaiting my CoE... Please i'd like to know ur take with regards to what flight to book (direct to sydney or connect thru melbourne), and if a backpackers lodge is a viable option for accomodation considering d luggage one might carry.. Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:15am On May 25, 2015
erictack2003:
@BossLady, another question I want to ask, I got my Offer Letter in BN since Feb, paid my fees, OSHC and got my CoE April. My program is starting Feb 8 2016(next year), is it too early to apply for my Student Visa right now?

I really don't know much about student visas, sorry. I'm much more versed in the GSM. Mrnilobrown , surveyor and a couple others should be able to help you. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mPop(f): 6:48am On May 25, 2015
good morning, for the bank statement i want to confirm... is the money suppos to be in the account for 3months before i nw print another 3months bank statement? or i can just print out the 3months statement even while buildn d acct. whch1 pls?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ifexsco: 6:56am On May 25, 2015
Thannks....dis ligthens my mood!
yes my BEng wasequivalent as my EA letter says my BEng meets d current academic req for Professional Engineer (Skill level 1) then the last paragraph said dat myforiegn MSc is broadly comparable to an Aus Msc for purposes of awarding points for qualificatn under GSM.
bossladyMo:

There is still hope...don't fear.

As long as after re-calculating your points, you still fall on 60 (...and also, the co confirms that even with that 60, you could have still been invited), then there is a chance your visa will still be granted. The co will send you a letter, asking your approval to re-calculate your points.

But are you sure your EA assessment did not assess your BSc as equal to an Aus Bachelor's? Cos most 5 yr degrees get positivve assessment.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:17am On May 25, 2015
Ifexsco:
Thannks....dis ligthens my mood!
yes my BEng wasequivalent as my EA letter says my BEng meets d current academic req for Professional Engineer (Skill level 1) then the last paragraph said dat myforiegn MSc is broadly comparable to an Aus Msc for purposes of awarding points for qualificatn under GSM.

And how many years work experience do you have after your BSC, and how many did you claim points for?

Go to the invitation rounds for the date you got invited....look at the minimum points score. I wouldn't expect Engineers to have an over-whelming number of applicants. so that increases the chances of you being invited, even if you claimed just 60.

You are not totally out of the woods yet though...but it is not as bad...there is an 80% chance you still get your visa. 20& is subject to the co's discretion. So enter prayer and fasting lol.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 7:44am On May 25, 2015
sherrypelbrone:
AM ABOUT TO APPLY FOR A STUDENT VISA. PLS CAN ANYONE LIST ALL THE REQUIREMENTS..
NOTE; MY FATHER IS MY SPONSOR

THANKS
What class of student visa will u b applying...this will determine the docs u will need. Are you for Diploma, advance diploma, bsc, msc, PhD.... Provide more details
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 7:50am On May 25, 2015
jazmine92:
U dont need Bank Statement, yes u can make it for july. My advice go and do ur medicals now now....while still waitin for your COE. But b sure u will meet ALL ur admission requirment/conditions/GTE
Submit for ur visa as soon as u hav ur eCOE
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 7:54am On May 25, 2015
erictack2003:
You can apply for your visa anytime. The earlier the better. But pls NOTE that ur visa might not be issued untill its 4months (12O days) to ur resumption.
Geting ur visa early give u relaxed mind to prepare for your trip

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.