Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 (12436 Views)

Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation / I Didn’t Apologise To Buhari, I'm Ready To Sacrifice Anything –nnamdi Kanu / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by walton1(m): 6:09am On Aug 30, 2012
KANO — The National leader of Congress for Progressive Change, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), Wednesday declared that he was ready to face the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, at the 2015 general election.

Buhari, disclosed this when he paid a courtesy call on Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano State. The former Head of State told his host that he was in Kano to open his party office in readiness for the BATTLE ahead.

Speaking further on his mission to the state, Buhari said, “I am in Kano to open our party office and put an end to the intra and inter- party squabbles culminating in electoral loss that ended up in the tribunal up to the Supreme Court but I want to tell you we are already settling down to face you guys squarely, your Excellency.”

Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano State, Gen Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) and Prince Tony Momoh at African House , Government House Kano. Photo by A S Muhammad, Kano
Buhari criticized the manner at which those in position of authority violated the constitution and electoral laws in Nigeria, noting that “if there is anything that has enjoyed sanctity under PDP-led government from 1999 to date it is the Holy Book”.

The CPC National Leader argued that the constitution had been raped and sidelined in our quest to attain nationhood, stressing that “under normal circumstances we are supposed to work strictly within the provisions of the constitution, but this is Nigeria and nothing is perfect and the only thing they have not tampered with between 1999 to date in Nigeria is the Holy Quran”.

General Buhari also lamented the deteriorating security situation in the country, especially the negative impact it has had on the commerce and other socio-economic activities in the North, saying that a lot of businesses had collapsed as a result of the security challenges.

Security challenges in the North

The veteran presidential candidate appealed to Governor Kwankwaso to review the several security checkpoints within and around the city of Kano, which he said “has slowed down economic activities in the ancient city”. He described the security challenges confronting the northern state as “extremely sad “, adding that “no one has really shown passion on how to handle it until the whole thing snowballed into a big crisis”.

“Kano is a centre of commerce and industries but living on its shadow now. I could recall vividly that when I was a Governor of Bornu in the 70’s no fewer than 200 vehicles depart Kano for Maiduguri on commercial purposes but all that has disappeared and you can imagine those innocent investors that were pushed out of their legitimate businesses”, he lamented.

In his response, Governor Kwankwaso commended the CPC National leader for the visit, saying that “this kind of visit by political leaders  would no doubt  ginger understanding among party faithful and supporters for desired growth.”

Kwankwaso who described majority of those on the entourage of General Buhari as political soul mates having worked closely together at several political platforms since the 4th Republic to date revealed how he nearly defected from PDP as a result horse-trading and intrigues prior to 2011 election.

Kwankwaso then stressed the need for Nigeria leaders to sit down and proffer common solution to address the security challenges bedeviling the country, assuring General Buhari the readiness of the state Government to review security measures put in place on the advice of the security agents in the wake of the January 20th attack.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/2015-im-ready-for-pdp-buhari/
Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by okosodo: 6:15am On Aug 30, 2012
we will still not vote for u because ur agenda is now clear to us

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Malubi(m): 6:26am On Aug 30, 2012
okosodo: we will still not vote for u because ur agenda is now clear to us
100% correct

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by thelastPope(m): 6:54am On Aug 30, 2012
[size=15pt]Nigeria: 2003: Buhari Urges Muslims to Vote Muslims
[/size]

Gusau — As the year 2003 elections draw closer, former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) has called on Muslims across the country to vote only for the presidential candidate that would defend and uphold the tenets of Islam.

Buhari who made the call yesterday at the closing ceremony of the 16th National Qur'anic Recitation competition held in Gusau, Zamfara State told Muslims that they have every reason to thank Allah for restoring the Islamic Sharia under the present dispensation, which he said was destroyed by British colonialists during their crusade in 1903 against the Sokoto caliphate.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200201210250.html

Where are the projects that were done with over 600 billion Naira allocated to the PTF in the mid to late 90s with Buhari as chairman. I cant see any project oh. The man is trying to deceive us that he doesnt have money. Using fake gimmicks like he cannot pay for rent in Abuja. Full scam. If truly he cannot pay for rent, you want to tell me there are no people who believe in CPC enough to pay that money? People like Marwa and Abacha family? The man just staged manage that news item to deceive the gullible that he could not pay a few millions. Old trick.

A man that said Abacha was never corrupt. lol

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by oshyno(m): 7:04am On Aug 30, 2012
I hv dis feeling that dis man feels treatens for nt presiding over Nigeria as a civilian president.Must he be a president !

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Demdem(m): 7:51am On Aug 30, 2012
walton1:

Speaking further on his mission to the state, Buhari said, “I am in Kano to open our party office and put an end to the intra and inter- party squabbles culminating in electoral loss that ended up in the tribunal up to the Supreme Court but I want to tell you we are already settling down to face you guys squarely, your Excellency.”

Typical of Buhari, so courageous. Told the Governor straight to his face respectfully

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by BJ4REEL(m): 8:57am On Aug 30, 2012
Nawa o...ayatollah is not ready to give up,not today,not tommorow,not even soon....
Coz our general have some hidden agenda,that must be accomplished,and am sure they wouldnt mind making it more bloodier,this time around......
May God help us!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by PapaBrowne(m): 9:32am On Aug 30, 2012
[size=13pt]Just one question!
Besides elections, what does Buhari do in the three years before elections asides from going to the mosque.
The man talks about nothing else but elections. Are you sure the man is sane?[/size]

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Godsheir: 9:45am On Aug 30, 2012
Na everytime u dey prepare 4 PDP? 2003 same tin,2007 same tory,2011 u talk am 2 ,now u wan box dem again 2015. All d punches wey dem give u nvr do. Na until u collapse or die 4 ring b4 u giveup. HaHA! Na by force 2 be president?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 30, 2012
If I were Buhari, I would focus on developing and endorsing a credible individual to fly the party's flag. He'll never be elected president. Though I admire him personally, his utterances have put him in bad light, and as such southerners will never vote for him.

Retire from active politics, sir, and choose a successor.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Myself2(m): 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2012
Why does evertything Buhari says have to be all about his power craze.He is the most power greedy goat I have heard of in Nigeria,nay the world.
Well last time he wept on national TV when it dawned on him that he was going to be trounced,I hope next time around,he wil do something much more unbecoming and foolish,like grovle and roll on the floor while weeping or even worse,mtchewwwww moronic tall goat

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by PointB: 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
PapaBrowne: [size=13pt]Just one question!
Besides elections, what does Buhari do in the three years before elections asides from going to the mosque.
The man talks about nothing else but elections. Are you sure the man is sane?[/size]

After each election, the serial loser goes back to prepare for his next loss. I hope he feature again in 2015. His presence guarantees that the next popular candidate wins.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by PointB: 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2012
HNosegbe: If I were Buhari, I would focus on developing and endorsing a credible individual to fly the party's flag. He'll never be elected president. Though I admire him personally, his utterances have put him in bad light. Southerners will never vote for him.

Retire from active politics, sir, and choose a successor.

Why should Buhari stop representing, who else should be the serial loser? grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Myself2(m): 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
PointB:

Why should Buhari stop representing, who else should be the serial loser? grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

The tall goat should go eat shiiiit and die slow

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
PointB:

cheesy grin
Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by remarkD(m): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2012
Buhari should go and sit down, abeg. He's beginning to act like Awolowo wanting to be president by all means. He's just increasing his frustration and wasting his time each time he runs. I mean, he campaigns only in the north and hopes to defeat PDP that has a wider reach across the country... (well, less the SW now...)

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Mosimosco(m): 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2012
He will be dead b4 then!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
remark D: Buhari should go and sit down, abeg. He's beginning to act like Awolowo wanting to be president by all means. He's just increasing his frustration and wasting his time each time he runs. I mean, he campaigns only in the north and hopes to defeat PDP that has a wider reach across the country... (well, less the SW now...)

Careful with your utterance mister,this is about Buharis presidential ambition and his frustrations and has nothing to with Pa Awo.
Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Fourcade(m): 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
Has he replied IBB? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by talktrue1(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
Is he not more than the age limit of 70 yrs for president
INEC should just disqualify him before he starts war in this country because he cannot win and he cannot accept defeat

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by ghettodreamz(m): 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
Let him go and preside over his family and clan first, I wonder what all these big fools are still looking for again, they have contributed a great deal into the ill-growth of the Nigeria economy and development as a whole,please tell him to forgo the idea so he could die in peace or else! Very debauched being.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Ijebulogic(m): 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
Fourcade: Has he replied IBB? undecided

grin Exactly o!!
Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by alexandershaw: 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
PapaBrowne: [size=13pt]Just one question!

lovely question!
Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by proudlyafrican(m): 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
Buhari again?? Well,Nigerians will decide at the polls come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Dollarman101: 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2012
And Nigerians are ready for you. After you have disturbed our peace with Boko Haram and post election violence, you expect us to vote for you?
Try another trick. This one ain't gonna work.
Our minds are made up for GEJ. Even if he is not the one, we can't vote you

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
I guess for d Northern protectorate or Aruwa nation mtchweeeeew
Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by fankasibe: 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
the truth is that Buhari is here to make corrections of his past mistakes......he knows no fear and also knows those political bastards who are destroying Nigeria.......Buhari for 2015, i support you shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
Clash of the dogs and the baboons cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by awesomet1(m): 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2012
Oga Buhari pray first to live to see the 2015 ooo
Re: Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 by sambos994(m): 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
Buhari you are too damn late! We Nigerians have smartened up and we are not voting for PDP AGAIN!!! Nor are we going to vote for you Buhari. Fashola/Rochas 2015----Rochas/Fashola 2015 <-----I'll vote for them any day!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Umahi To Ebonyi Youths: Remove Your Minds From Politics, Be Successful First / Peter Obi: Much Ado About Funding From Diasporans / Why Ikemba Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Ojukwu, Should Be Buried In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.