Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,128 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help (6632 Views)

Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router / Pls How Do I Install Mtn Hynet / Mtn Hynet--- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by PGON(m): 7:19am On Aug 30, 2012
I subscribed for Mtn hynet 512kbs two days ago. Wimax network strength is ok (75-80%) but the connection speed is absolutely poor. maximum speed on download is 60kbs. this speed is affected by other activities on the system like opening pages. once a page is opened the speed goes down to 30kbs, 20kbs,10kbs, and so. it is like the two systems currently on the network actually share 60kbs speed. Is mtn 512kbs = 60kbs.

I have tried severely to reach their customer care but kept getting failed request.

Have anyone used this service before?

I need to know what is happening.
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by samfibby(m): 7:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
Its called shared burstable bandwidth. Your link is shared by more than enough users. When there are less users online u could experience higher browsing speed. To say the truth 60kb is 2 poor. Mine flunctuates btw 100kb-150kb for normal browsing. For video, i see burstable speed of 150kb uplink and 450kb downlink. Fair enough
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by PGON(m): 5:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
From time to time, There is no difference in the download rate.

i can't even watch live movies online. i still do wait and load.

In Accra we use 256kbs for all the systems in the office. multiple downloads and video streaming is really very fast.

Here in Nigeria 512kbs cannot even allow me to watch live movies or download applications.

it hurts really bad.
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by samfibby(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
The truth is the ISPs lie about the capacity of bandwidth they can deliver. Dont be moved by the 3G, 4G nonsense they peddle all over the place. From information i gathered, mtn has less than 40 wimax powered base stations in lagos. A lot of locations are not covered by mtn hynet, but i learnt they are working on expanding. For me, they should stick to their traditional voice calls instead of dabbling about aimlessly. Maybe u should try other WISPs in lagos, their service i m sure would be preferable but a bit xpensive.
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by PGON(m): 12:38am On Sep 02, 2012
samfibby: The truth is the ISPs lie about the capacity of bandwidth they can deliver. Dont be moved by the 3G, 4G nonsense they peddle all over the place. From information i gathered, mtn has less than 40 wimax powered base stations in lagos. A lot of locations are not covered by mtn hynet, but i learnt they are working on expanding. For me, they should stick to their traditional voice calls instead of dabbling about aimlessly. Maybe u should try other WISPs in lagos, their service i m sure would be preferable but a bit xpensive.

I really appreciate your help. At least i have someone reasoning on my side. Those guys (MTN) are just after money, scamming people with services that they cannot provide.

Current download speed is around 6kbs to 10kbs with just two systems connected. I was hoping that this weekend will be different, it turns out pretty bad.

Can you imagine i'm trying to download a 3.36GB file, estimated time for the download to complete = 5days 2hrs rubbish. (it's been downloading for about 26hours now)

After this month... ... i have already paid.
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by samfibby(m): 7:28am On Sep 02, 2012
PGON:

I really appreciate your help. At least i have someone reasoning on my side. Those guys (MTN) are just after money, scamming people with services that they cannot provide.

Current download speed is around 6kbs to 10kbs with just two systems connected. I was hoping that this weekend will be different, it turns out pretty bad.

Can you imagine i'm trying to download a 3.36GB file, estimated time for the download to complete = 5days 2hrs rubbish. (it's been downloading for about 26hours now)

After this month... ... i have already paid.

Its a shame, the truth is our ISPs dont have the home end users in mind. Only the big corporations can afford the misely available bandwidth which offcourse is over fence expensive. Weekends are set aside for turn around maintanace in most of their facilities, maybe this weekend was one of those days.

Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by PGON(m): 7:03am On Sep 03, 2012
[quote author=samfibby][/quote]

Thanks

Still waiting for improvement. Have you ever used "216" to reach their customer care. i have been trying but no success.
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by samfibby(m): 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
Visit in person to file ur complain. Alausa shopping mall office is less crowded. Guys there are up 2 de task.
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by PGON(m): 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2012
samfibby: Visit in person to file ur complain. Alausa shopping mall office is less crowded. Guys there are up 2 de task.

I'm not in Lagos.

Bought mine in Osogbo Osun state, They are only MTN partner. I requested to see mtn representative and they referred me to Ibadan.

Haven't made up my mind yet, about going to Ibadan.

The speed keep decreasing by the day....
Quite painful
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by mjay(m): 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2012
Its actually trash. i wonder why they sell the stuff. It opens pages pretty well, but download...thats BS.
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by samfibby(m): 9:26pm On Sep 04, 2012
mjay: Its actually trash. i wonder why they sell the stuff. It opens pages pretty well, but download...thats BS.
Hmmm...nigeria ISPs are worst than highway robbers.
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by PGON(m): 9:34am On Sep 06, 2012
samfibby: Hmmm...nigeria ISPs are worst than highway robbers.

They actually send me a message yesterday, just to mock me.

Dear customer, please continue to enjoy our superfast broadband internet services.

Helpline: 216 (or 2348031021600).

when i called 2348031021600 they charged my line for the call and eventually told me that the request failed.

when i called 216. numerous request failed, until i get tired of dialing the number.
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by charloski(m): 11:11am On Sep 06, 2012
@PGON.... I make use of it in my cafe... And its pretty fair enough.. Its all depends wen d network is okay, on a normal day with a G̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥O̲̣̣̥ό̲̣̣̣̥̥̊ƌ̲̣̣̣̥♡̷̴̬̩̃̊ network, u can watch movies on line, with little or no stress..., bt what worries M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣ is that the network is not constantly stable... ... Bt in terms of download, I fink its fair enough...
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by PGON(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2012
charloski: @PGON.... I make use of it in my cafe... And its pretty fair enough.. Its all depends wen d network is okay, on a normal day with a G̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥O̲̣̣̥ό̲̣̣̣̥̥̊ƌ̲̣̣̣̥♡̷̴̬̩̃̊ network, u can watch movies on line, with little or no stress..., bt what worries M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣ is that the network is not constantly stable... ... Bt in terms of download, I fink its fair enough...

What's your download speed when it is fair.

Mine is 63kbs maximum collective download speed (all files). no open pages or any other thing going on, just download

Subscription = 512kbs
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by estateng(m): 11:16am On Sep 11, 2012
Why not upgrade your subscription to 1mbps or 2mbps?
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by PGON(m): 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
estateng: Why not upgrade your subscription to 1mbps or 2mbps?

I presume that you didn't read the early conversion before making your post.

I paid for 512kbs and all i get is maximum of 63kbs.

Give me reasons to upgrade.
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by estateng(m): 1:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
One thing u guys don't understand is: the kpbs or mbps u see is not kilobytes or megabytes per seconds o. Its kilobits and megabits per seconds (bits, not bytes).
So, don't expect to see urself downloading at 512kbps coz u paid for 512kbps. And remember, the general browsing stuff comprises of both upload and download which shares whatever bits u have initially. So for u to get kilobytes or megabytes per second, be ready to spend (A LOT).

1 Like

Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by estateng(m): 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2012
For more information about conversion from kilobits to kilobytes, visit: http://www.matisse.net/bitcalc/?input_amount=512&input_units=kilobits&notation=legacy

512kilobits/sec = 64kilobytes/sec
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 19, 2012
We know the difference between kbs and KBs,thank you. FYI;MTN promises 512 kilobytes not kilobits.y
Re: MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help by bigfat: 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2012
it happened to me when i was using unwired 4g i paid for 512kps and i couldn't even open a yahoo mail page then when i upgraded to 1 mbps ,it was much better ...512kps could fluctuate as low as 10 to 100kpbs instead of 512kps pad service and the 1mbps could fluctuate as low as 200 to 600 sometimes instead a 1000kbps service .it is just an economy where you need to make things work when you know that things are absolutely not workin.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Drop Your system Specifications. Lets See Who Got The Beast / Like New US Used Asus S400CA Ultrabook - Metal Build, Core I5, Touchscreen *sold / Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.