Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,604 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? (2240 Views)

Cain's Wife - Where Did He Get Her? / Pls Who Gave Birth To Cain's Wife..the Beginning Is Too Confusing / Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by FMK(m): 8:53am On Aug 30, 2012
guys please i am not stupid but I need someone to give me lightness in that matter

after cain murdered abel Adam had not another son yet unless cain the cursed and the world had no people yet only adam eve and cain. but when cain went away, he found a wife in the land that he was living where this wife came from? because the third son of adam seth was born after cain got a wife; did a nation exist before adam was created ?
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Delafruita(m): 9:06am On Aug 30, 2012
are you a christian?
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by OmoAlata(f): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2012
Genesis 5:4

King James Version (KJV)

4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by FMK(m): 9:15am On Aug 30, 2012
Omo Alata: Genesis 5:4

King James Version (KJV)

4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

Cain married first before other sons and daughters had been begotten
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Chanchit: 9:21am On Aug 30, 2012
Let me help you out, but dnt tell anybody, that i helped you with the answer... She from Calabar..
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Delafruita(m): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2012
FMK:

if youu're a christian,i'd give you the answer
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by OmoAlata(f): 9:27am On Aug 30, 2012
FMK:

Not only after the birth of Seth, but before, though we have no account. wink
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by FMK(m): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2012
Delafruita:
if youu're a christian,i'd give you the answer

yes i am cheesy
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by CrazyMan(m): 10:37am On Aug 30, 2012
FMK: guys please i am not stupid but I need someone to give me lightness in that matter

after cain murdered abel Adam had not another son yet unless cain the cursed and the world had no people yet only adam eve and cain. but when cain went away, he found a wife in the land that he was living where this wife came from? because the third son of adam seth was born after cain got a wife; did a nation exist before adam was created ?
First, I would like to use the passage Omo Alata quoted to reply you.

Although the bible didn't tell us where cain's wife originated from, but its is obvious that he married his sister.

Remember that Lot slept with his daughters...
Genesis 19:31-36
One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let's get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father."

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I slept with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father.

Even though lot was drunk, truth is that he slept with his daughters, and that single act enabled the world regained its population after the fire of sodom and gomorrah.

Also in Genesis 29:10-12

[B] When Jacob saw Rachel daughter of his uncle Laban, and Laban's sheep, he went over and rolled the stone away from the mouth of the well and watered his uncle's sheep. 11 Then Jacob kissed Rachel and began to weep aloud. 12 He had told Rachel that he was a relative of her father and a son of Rebekah. So she ran and told her father. [/b]

We can also see in this passage that Jacob also married his cousin, who also is a blood relation.

Now back to the issue of cain...the bible told us in Genesis 5:3-4

When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth. 4 After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters

Now since the bible didn't actually specify who cain's wife was as I stated earlier, it gave us reasonable facts that she was indeed Adam's daughter.

Adam was 130 years old when he gave birth to Seth. And had other daughters...now Adam lived for a total of 930 years before departing this world.

Now its very possible that during that space of time...cain possibly took one of his sisters and married her. Why that verse looks confusing is that in verse 16-17 of Genesis 4

So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch.

It told us of how cain got married and but didn't emphasize on the identity of his wife.

But its very obvious that he didn't leave God's presence alone...pointing out one possible fact that he took his sister along with him, and ended up marrying her.
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by mkmyers45(m): 11:25am On Aug 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
First, I would like to use the passage Omo Alata quoted to reply you.

Although the bible didn't tell us where cain's wife originated from, but its is obvious that he married his sister.

One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let's get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father."

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I slept with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father.

Even though lot was drunk, truth is that he slept with his daughters, and that single act enabled the world regained its population after the fire of sodom and gomorrah.

When Jacob saw Rachel daughter of his uncle Laban, and Laban's sheep, he went over and rolled the stone away from the mouth of the well and watered his uncle's sheep. 11 Then Jacob kissed Rachel and began to weep aloud. 12 He had told Rachel that he was a relative of her father and a son of Rebekah. So she ran and told her father.

We can also see in this passage that Jacob also married his cousin, who also is a blood relation.

When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth. 4 After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters

Now since the bible didn't actually specify who cain's wife was as I stated earlier, it gave us reasonable facts that she was indeed Adam's daughter.

Adam was 130 years old when he gave birth to Seth. And had other daughters...now Adam lived for a total of 930 years before departing this world.

Now its very possible that during that space of time...cain possibly took one of his sisters and married her. Why that verse looks confusing is that in verse 16-17 of Genesis 4

So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch.

It told us of how cain got married and but didn't emphasize on the identity of his wife.

But its very obvious that he didn't leave God's presence alone...pointing out one possible fact that he took his sister along with him, and ended up marrying her.

Mtswww

You again...did you run and leave your thread? Sodom and Gommorah was just a city and its destruction had nothing to do with the world's populations...they were egyptians,abraham and many others...You bible knowledge sha undecided

Who were those in Noah in the land of Nod? Abi only him was building a city?
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by tobechi74: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
Adam and eve gav birth to many children,includin daughters. Cain marid one of d daugter ,his sista
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by CrazyMan(m): 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
mkmyers45:
Mtswww

You again...did you run and leave your thread? Sodom and Gommorah was just a city and its destruction had nothing to do with the world's populations...they were egyptians,abraham and many others...You bible knowledge sha undecided
I used that as a reference to answer the question.

And note they were not Egyptians the children born to lot through his daughters became fathers of the nations of Moab and Ammon.

Its now clear to me that you people read a line in the scriptures, close your bible and challenge christians for explanation.

True sodom and gomorrah was just a city, but during and after its destruction, if you read your bible properly as you should do, you would notice that the bible never mentioned any other city.

The bible concentrated on just Lot and his daughters vers 31 of Genesis justifies my statement

One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth.
Thus I maintain my stand of them populating the world

mkmyers45:
Who were those in Noah in the land of Nod? Abi only him was building a city?
Could you please rephrase this question...didn't quite get you clearly, so I wouldn't make any comment until I understand the angle of your question.
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by mkmyers45(m): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
And note they were not Egyptians the children born to lot through his daughters became fathers of the nations of Moab and Ammon.

Its now clear to me that you people read a line in the scriptures, close your bible and challenge christians for explanation.

True sodom and gomorrah was just a city, but during and after its destruction, if you read your bible properly as you should do, you would notice that the bible never mentioned any other city.

ROFL....You clearly arent getting my are ya? Where was abraham when all these was happening he was in a city no? was it not mentioned? I talked about egyptians because of your reference that destruction of Sodom reduced the population of the world whereby they were other greater cities at that time

Could you please rephrase this question...didn't quite get you clearly, so I wouldn't make any comment until I understand the angle of your question.

Sorry, I meant this: Cain was said to have gone to the land of NOD right? Who was with him in that land? Can one man build a city?
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by CrazyMan(m): 4:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
mkmyers45:
ROFL....You clearly arent getting my are ya? Where was abraham when all these was happening he was in a city no? was it not mentioned? I talked about egyptians because of your reference that destruction of Sodom reduced the population of the world whereby they were other greater cities at that time
And why do you keep mentioning Egypt?

Abraham Left Egypt in verse 1 of Genesis 13. And came to the land of canaan.

Abraham and Lot parted ways...Lot later moved to the plains of Jordan and Abraham remained in Canaan.

Now from my previous posts, I didn't mention Abraham because during the destruction of sodom, apart from Abraham's Intersecessory prayer which he made for them, in Genesis 18: from vers 23, he wasn't mentioned in verse Chapter 19 when sodom was eventually destroyed.

So I made my reference about Lot based on Chapter 19 of Genesis which qualified that Lot was indeed the only man in the world.

mkmyers45:
Sorry, I meant this: Cain was said to have gone to the land of NOD right? Who was with him in that land? Can one man build a city?
The bible didn't lay much emphasis on that particular issue. If you take your time to read my previous post...I answered that question from what I felt happened using other passages of the bible as references.
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by mkmyers45(m): 4:23pm On Aug 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
And why do you keep mentioning Egypt?

Abraham Left Egypt in verse 1 of Genesis 13. And came to the land of canaan.

Abraham and Lot parted ways...Lot later moved to the plains of Jordan and Abraham remained in Canaan.

Now from my previous posts, I didn't mention Abraham because during the destruction of sodom, apart from Abraham's Intersecessory prayer which he made for them, in Genesis 18: from vers 23, he wasn't mentioned in verse Chapter 19 when sodom was eventually destroyed.

So I made my reference about Lot based on Chapter 19 of Genesis which qualified that Lot was indeed the only man in the world.

The bible didn't lay much emphasis on that particular issue. If you take your time to read my previous post...I answered that question from what I felt happened using other passages of the bible as references.

But clearly he was not....he was the only man which was saved in that city no? Abraham was still alive...so was Abraham's father and a host of others

Care to post it again?
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by CrazyMan(m): 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2012
mkmyers45:
But clearly he was not....he was the only man which was saved in that city no? Abraham was still alive...so was Abraham's father and a host of others
Take your time to read Genesis 13 properly...Abraham and Lot weren't in the the same city. So Lot still remains the only survivour of the fire that ravished sodom and gomorrah.

mkmyers45:
Care to post it again?
Here is it...take you time to read it and you would agree with me.

[b]4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

36 So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father.[/b]

When Jacob saw Rachel daughter of his uncle Laban, and Laban's sheep, he went over and rolled the stone away from the mouth of the well and watered his uncle's sheep. 11 Then Jacob kissed Rachel and began to weep aloud. 12 He had told Rachel that he was a relative of her father and a son of Rebekah. So she ran and told her father.

I posted it before and I'm re-posting it for a second time so please take your time to read it properly this time.
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
FMK: guys please i am not stupid but I need someone to give me lightness in that matter

adam is not a mans name. adam is the name of a nation of people. obviously cain got one of the female adamites

just as esau and jacob are not actual men but the name of a nation of people.

nations have being represented as individuals in the bible. thats one of the secrets.
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Goshen360(m): 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2012
obadiah777: adam is not a mans name. adam is the name of a nation of people. obviously cain got one of the female adamites

just as esau and jacob are not actual men but the name of a nation of people.

nations have being represented as individuals in the bible. thats one of the secrets.

What the heck are you talking about? shocked shocked shocked You want make I expose your re-incarnated name Bros, abeg make una respect una self na......lolz
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Goshen360(m): 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2012
Anyway, @ OP,
Click on the search bar and type this question therein, we have dealt with the topic before.
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

What the heck are you talking about? shocked shocked shocked You want make I expose your re-incarnated name Bros, abeg make una respect una self na......lolz

grin grin genesis 25 vs 23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger. esau and jacob are two nations
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
adam is from the hebrew adamah. adamah means formed from the ground. a nation of people formed from the ground
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Goshen360(m): 8:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
obadiah777: grin grin genesis 25 vs 23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger. esau and jacob are two nations

Dude, you need to really sit down and understand how God speaks in the bible and how to interpret the word of God. So when God said two nations are in her womb, does that mean two nations "per say" or two individuals that will grow to become two nations AFTER THEIR BIRTH?. See, you need to stop this kind of interpretation you give to scriptures please, it's not funny at all.

obadiah777: adam is from the hebrew adamah. adamah means formed from the ground. a nation of people formed from the ground

And how does this relates to Adam being a name of a nation? And what relationship does it have in context with two nations of esau and jacob?
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

Dude, you need to really sit down and understand how God speaks in the bible and how to interpret the word of God. So when God said two nations are in her womb, does that mean two nations "per say" or two individuals that will grow to become two nations AFTER THEIR BIRTH?. See, you need to stop this kind of interpretation you give to scriptures please, it's not funny at all.

And how does this relates to Adam being a name of a nation? And what relationship does it have in context with two nations of esau and jacob?

Bruh, adam, esau, jacob are nations of people. they are not individuals. they are descriptions.
esau means wasted away- this is a people whose pigmentation has wasted away ( pink skin )
adam is adamah-meaning a people formed from the ground
israel means yasharahla which is a nation of princes

these are descriptions. however not all xters in the bible are nations. nations are intermingled with real xters
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Goshen360(m): 8:55pm On Aug 30, 2012
^^^

Is Adam an individual (one man) carrying the SEED of nations INSIDE HIM or Is Adam a NATION(S) consisting of many people?
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^

Is Adam an individual (one man) carrying the SEED of nations INSIDE HIM or Is Adam a NATION(S) consisting of many people?
Adam is a nation of people. read Genesis 1 and 2 very thoroughly and slowly.
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Goshen360(m): 9:03pm On Aug 30, 2012
obadiah777: Adam is a nation of people. read Genesis 1 and 2 very thoroughly and slowly.

If Adam is a nation of people, how did God again create another two nations in a womb talking about jacob and esau? And Jacob and Esau are two nations of inside one womb or they are two individuals that will enlarge to become two great nations?
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

If Adam is a nation of people, how did God again create another two nations in a womb talking about jacob and esau? And Jacob and Esau are two nations of inside one womb or they are two individuals that will enlarge to become two great nations?
ok the first people were formed from the ground. these are Adamah or Adam. this seed of people continued into Jacob also known as Israel. thats why the lord said Israel is my firstborn son in exodus 4 vs 22. is Israel a son or a nation of people ? its a nation of people. and then Esau is a nation of people that mutated from Jacob. thats why they are twins. they are the same people but one is a mutation of the original. and hence not the lords first born son. so technically Jacob is not a new seed. the new seed is Esau.
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Goshen360(m): 9:19pm On Aug 30, 2012
obadiah777: [size=15pt]ok the first "people" were formed from the ground. these are Adamah or Adam.[/size] this seed of people continued into Jacob also known as Israel. thats why the lord said Israel is my firstborn son in exodus 4 vs 22. is Israel a son or a nation of people ? its a nation of people. and then Esau is a nation of people that mutated from Jacob. thats why they are twins. they are the same people but one is a mutation of the original. and hence not the lords first born son. so technically Jacob is not a new seed. the new seed is Esau.

Let's take issues one after the other please.

The highlighted above I want you to attend to. Is Adam "PEOPLE" (more than one man) OR Is Adam "ONE" man? Give scriptural verse to support your answer.
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

Let's take issues one after the other please.

The highlighted above I want you to attend to. Is Adam "PEOPLE" (more than one man) OR Is Adam "ONE" man? Give scriptural verse to support your answer.
Adam is people. i cant give you scriptural verse. i would have to quote the whole of Genesis 1 and 2 chapters. so i suggest you study those 2 chapters slowly and thoroughly.
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Goshen360(m): 9:30pm On Aug 30, 2012
obadiah777: [size=20pt]Adam is people.[/size] i cant give you scriptural verse. i would have to quote the whole of Genesis 1 and 2 chapters. so i suggest you study those 2 chapters slowly and thoroughly.

This is STRANGE! I guess am DONE talking with you bro.
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

suit yourself. just remember that Adam is a people. if you take anything away from this conversation let it be that wink
Re: Cain's Wife Where Is She From ? by Delafruita(m): 9:49pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

its not strange.its an argument that has been put forward often and it does make sense when you study genesis especially the part about "male and female created he them"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Questions For Anti-tithers(frosbel, Goshen360, Pastor Kun Etc.) / Adolf Hitler Was under The Influence Of EVIL DEMONS / Can Anyone Explain Partial Rapture Fully ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.