Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? (8757 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / The Bible God Is Actually Satan, And Satan God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by Jairzinho(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2008
Just curious , I wonder why our muslim brothers&sisters have to face this building before praying?

Just Curious?
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by dafidixone(m): 4:17pm On Jan 03, 2008
Are you sure they face Kaba? grin
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by TayoD1(m): 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2008
@topic,

The small, cubed building known as the Kaba [Ka'bah] may not rival skyscrapers in height or mansions in width, but its impact on history and human beings is unmatched. The Kaba is the building towards which Muslims face five times a day, everyday, in prayer. This has been the case since the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) over 1400 years ago.

The Size of the Kaba

The current height of the Kaba is 39 feet, 6 inches and total size comes to 627 square feet. The inside room of the Kaba is 13 x 9 meters. The Kaba's walls are one meter wide. The floor inside is 2.2 meters higher than the place where people perform Tawaf. The ceiling and roof are two levels made out of wood. They were reconstructed with teak which is capped with stainless steel. The walls are all made of stone. The stones inside are unpolished, while the ones outside are polished.

This small building has been constructed and reconstructed by Prophets Adam, Ibrahim [Abraham], Ismail [Ishmael] and Muhammad (peace be upon them all). [Prophets of Allah]. No other building has had this honor. Yet, not very much is [commonly] known about the details of this small but significant building. Did you know the Kaba was reconstructed as recently as close to four years ago? Did you know that the Kaba has been subjected to danger by natural disasters like flooding, as well as human attacks? If you didn't keep reading, you'll find some rarely heard of information discussed below and discover facts about the Kaba many are unaware of.

The Other Names of the Kaba

Literally, Kaba in Arabic means a high place with respect and prestige. The word Kaba may also be a derivative of a word meaning cube. Some of these other names include: Bait ul Ateeq which means, according to one meaning, the earliest and ancient. According to the second meaning, it means independent and liberating. Both meanings could be taken.

The History of the Kaba

Scholars and historians say that the Kaba has been reconstructed between five to 12 times. The very first construction of the Kaba was done by Prophet Adam. Allah [swt, glory be to Him] says in the Quran that this was the first house that was built for humanity to worship Allah. After this, Prophet Ibrahim and Ismail rebuilt the Kaba. The measurements of the Kaba's Ibrahimic foundation are as follows:

- the eastern wall was 48 feet and 6 inches
- the Hateem side wall was 33 feet
- the side between the black stone and the Yemeni corner was 30 feet
- the Western side was 46.5 feet

Following this, there were several constructions before Prophet Muhammad's time.

Prophet Muhammad participated in one of its reconstructions before he became a Prophet. After a flash flood, the Kaba was damaged and its walls cracked. It needed rebuilding. This responsibility was divided among the Quraish's four tribes. Prophet Muhammad helped with this reconstruction. Once the walls were erected, it was time to place the Black Stone, (the Hajar ul Aswad) on the eastern wall of the Kaba.

Arguments erupted about who would have the honor of putting the Black Stone in its place. A fight was about to break out over the issue, when Abu Umayyah, Makkah's oldest man, proposed that the first man to enter the gate of the mosque the following morning would decide the matter. That man was the Prophet. The Makkans were ecstatic. "This is the trustworthy one (Al-Ameen)," they shouted in a chorus. "This is Muhammad". He came to them and they asked him to decide on the matter. He agreed.

Prophet Muhammad proposed a solution that all agreed to putting the Black Stone on a cloak, the elders of each of the clans held on to one edge of the cloak and carried the stone to its place. The Prophet then picked up the stone and placed it on the wall of the Kaba.

Since the tribe of Quraish did not have sufficient funds, this reconstruction did not include the entire foundation of the Kaba as built by Prophet Ibrahim. This is the first time the Kaba acquired the cubical shape it has now unlike the rectangle shape which it had earlier. The portion of the Kaba left out is called Hateem now,

What is inside the Kaba?

Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi is the president of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA). He had the opportunity to go inside the Kaba in October 1998. In an interview with Sound Vision, he described the following features:

- there are two pillars inside (others report 3 pillars)
- there is a table on the side to put items like perfume
- there are two lantern-type lamps hanging from the ceiling
- the space can accommodate about 50 people
- there are no electric lights inside
- the walls and the floors are of the marble
- there are no windows inside
- there is only one door
- the upper inside walls of the Kaba were covered with some kind of curtain with the Kalima written on it.

Source: http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/kabah.htm
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by TayoD1(m): 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2008
@topic,

The Good News Translation of Acts 19:35 - At last the city clerk was able to calm the crowd. "Fellow Ephesians!" he said. "Everyone knows that the city of Ephesus is the keeper of the temple of the great Artemis and of the sacred stone that fell down from heaven. I went through this chapter of Acts today and was amazed by the similarity between the religion of Artemis worship and Islam. It so happens that someone now post this topic on nairaland which bears directly on my thoughts today.

I will enjoin everyone to go through Acts 19 and see for themselves what I am talking about. Islam and Artemis of the Ephesians seem like the one and same religion to me.
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by olabowale(m): 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2008
TayoD: Enlighten us about Artemis of the Ephesians, being almost the same as Islam,. Islam is a religion I have practiced for over half a century. Mother was just talking to me about that this afternoon, that I took the religion seriously from my young days. I know enough about Islam that it is unique and there has been no other religion that matches it, in the way it is practiced. But I will like to hear how you came up with your opinion about Islam, a religion you know nothing and at best a little about.
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2008
Why was I told that Muhammad's bones were buried underneath?
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 04, 2008
dafidixone:

Are you sure they face Kaba? grin

Most muslims are not sure.
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by TayoD1(m): 2:44am On Jan 04, 2008
@olabowale,

TayoD: Enlighten us about Artemis of the Ephesians, being almost the same as Islam,. Islam is a religion I have practiced for over half a century. Mother was just talking to me about that this afternoon, that I took the religion seriously from my young days. I know enough about Islam that it is unique and there has been no other religion that matches it, in the way it is practiced. But I will like to hear how you came up with your opinion about Islam, a religion you know nothing and at best a little about.
You will do well to assimilate what you read before posting uninformed rejoinders. I said both religion bear a lot of similarities. And by the way, have you read Acts 19 as I requested? Please go through that chapter and pick out the peculiarities and characteristics of the worshippers of Artemis and compare them with the hordes of allah today.
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by Jairzinho(m): 10:55am On Jan 04, 2008
olabowale:

TayoD: Enlighten us about Artemis of the Ephesians, being almost the same as Islam,. Islam is a religion I have practiced for over half a century.

So you're like . . . . . 50 years old ? undecided

E ka ro egbon, ejo em binu simi

Could you confirm if the bones of the holy prophet Mohammed(SAW) are intered there & if any other items are contained in the Ka'abba?
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by dafidixone(m): 11:45am On Jan 04, 2008
Acts 19
1And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

7And all the men were about twelve.

8And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

9But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

10And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

11And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

12So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

13Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the LORD Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

14And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

15And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

16And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

17And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

18And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.

19Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

20So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

21After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I have been there, I must also see Rome.

22So he sent into Macedonia two of them that ministered unto him, Timotheus and Erastus; but he himself stayed in Asia for a season.

23And the same time there arose no small stir about that way.

24For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen;

25Whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said, Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth.

26Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:

27So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.

28And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

29And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius and Aristarchus, men of Macedonia, Paul's companions in travel, they rushed with one accord into the theatre.

30And when Paul would have entered in unto the people, the disciples suffered him not.

31And certain of the chief of Asia, which were his friends, sent unto him, desiring him that he would not adventure himself into the theatre.

32Some therefore cried one thing, and some another: for the assembly was confused: and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together.

33And they drew Alexander out of the multitude, the Jews putting him forward. And Alexander beckoned with the hand, and would have made his defence unto the people.

34But when they knew that he was a Jew, all with one voice about the space of two hours cried out, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

35And when the townclerk had appeased the people, he said, Ye men of Ephesus, what man is there that knoweth not how that the city of the Ephesians is a worshipper of the great goddess Diana, and of the image which fell down from Jupiter?

36Seeing then that these things cannot be spoken against, ye ought to be quiet, and to do nothing rashly.

37For ye have brought hither these men, which are neither robbers of churches, nor yet blasphemers of your goddess.

38Wherefore if Demetrius, and the craftsmen which are with him, have a matter against any man, the law is open, and there are deputies: let them implead one another.

39But if ye enquire any thing concerning other matters, it shall be determined in a lawful assembly.

40For we are in danger to be called in question for this day's uproar, there being no cause whereby we may give an account of this concourse.

41And when he had thus spoken, he dismissed the assembly.
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by olabowale(m): 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2008
@Jaiirzinho: Muhammad (as), was buried the the same day he died. Is burial place is in Madina, where he spent the last 10 years of his life.

@TayoD: Thank God for defidixone's effort in providing your Act 19 masterpiece! Fortunately I could not find any part that resembled Islam, the religion that Allah the Almighty ordained/commanded for all mankind. If you know it, since this way your similitude of proof, please, do not be shy or bashful to present your analysis. You have failed woefully in every effort you have made, since yesterday to drag down Islam. You will never be able to do it, singularly or collectively, even if all of you were to pile up your efforts and aid one another in wisdom, from now till the last man standing is cutdown by death! Never will you be successful in that department and Allah is my Witness on it!

1 Like

Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by Jairzinho(m): 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2008
Olabowale,
I appreciate your passion for Islam,but can u explain why its necessary to face the Ka'abba to pray?
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by Jairzinho(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2008
smiley
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by holythug(m): 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2008
will like 2 knw too
it used to b idols during d days of Prophet Ibraheem. . .now whats in it
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by dafidixone(m): 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2008
Deuteronomy 17:3 (Whole Chapter)
and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars of the sky,

You should tell us the different of this to Islam.
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2008
olabowale:

@Jaiirzinho: Muhammad (as), was buried the the same day he died. Is burial place is in Madina, where he spent the last 10 years of his life.

@TayoD: Thank God for defidixone's effort in providing your Act 19 masterpiece! Fortunately I could not find any part that resembled Islam, the religion that Allah the Almighty ordained/commanded for all mankind. If you know it, since this way your similitude of proof, please, do not be shy or bashful to present your analysis. You have failed woefully in every effort you have made, since yesterday to drag down Islam. You will never be able to do it, singularly or collectively, even if all of you were to pile up your efforts and aid one another in wisdom, from now till the last man standing is cutdown by death! Never will you be successful in that department and Allah is my Witness on it!

this allah sef . . . how did he expect the Isoko man or the bushman of Kenya to read the quran since it cannot be translated from arabic?
Every muslim HAS to pray in arabic - tower of babel all over again.
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by babs787(m): 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2008
@davidylan

this allah sef . . . how did he expect the Isoko man or the bushman of Kenya to read the quran since it cannot be translated from arabic?
Every muslim HAS to pray in arabic - tower of babel all over again.

You will never stop amusing me. The arabic language signifies unity. Muslims all over the world speak arabic during prayer, recites the same Quran, verses and chapters and it also make it easier for muslim to relate with each other in another country. Take for example an English man that wants to greet a portuguese but doesnt understand the language but through Islam and Arabic, he would be able to greet the person and they wil be able to pray together using arabic as their lingua franca but considerig a situation whereby the same people happens to be christians, how will they worship together considering the fact that they do not hear each other's language?
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2008
babs787:

You will never stop amusing me. The arabic language signifies unity. Muslims all over the world speak arabic during prayer, recites the same Quran, verses and chapters and it also make it easier for muslim to relate with each other in another country. Take for example an English man that wants to greet a portuguese but doesnt understand the language but through Islam and Arabic, he would be able to greet the person and they wil be able to pray together using arabic as their lingua franca but considerig a situation whereby the same people happens to be christians, how will they worship together considering the fact that they do not hear each other's language?

stop confusing urself . . . from the very example you gave. Unless the English man and the Portuguese are forced to learn arabic how do they worship together considering the fact that they do not understand each other's language?
Or is it ok to merely know how to recite the prayers without understanding a word of arabic?

What if the igbo man wishes to say a special prayer in arabic . . . how does he do so? How do u translate the quran to an Ijesha man or a German without them having to learn arabic?
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by babs787(m): 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2008
@Davidylan

stop confusing yourself . . . from the very example you gave. Unless the English man and the Portuguese are forced to learn arabic how do they worship together considering the fact that they do not understand each other's language?
Or is it ok to merely know how to recite the prayers without understanding a word of arabic?

What if the igbo man wishes to say a special prayer in arabic . . . how does he do so? How do u translate the quran to an Ijesha man or a German without them having to learn arabic?

Ok, let us take it one at a time. He will have to learn arabic first. I want you to know that every muslim must know arabic to be able to pray and through that he will be able to pray in another country where he does not understand their language. He doesnt need to understand every language or the language of that country he is going before he could join them in prayer but how can that be possible in christianity setting? Must a christian learn the language of the country he is going in order to be able to join them in prayer?
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by pilgrim1(f): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2008
babs787:

Ok, let us take it one at a time. He will have to learn arabic first. I want you to know that every muslim must know arabic to be able to pray and through that he will be able to pray in another country where he does not understand their language.

@babs787,

So, people must simply have to first learn Arabic in order to be able to PRAY to 'Allah'? And what if they mnever learn Arabic and do not wish to do so at all, but seek to pray to God in their own language?
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by tpia: 4:00am On Jan 06, 2008
may God deliver Africa from suffering.

So its a choice of either an European language or an Arabic one, in order to function on a global level. Soon Chinese ( Asian) will join the fray.

oh well, I'm just thinking out loud. I've got no problem with the languages[b] I[/b] speak. What's done is done. We ought to have made hay while the sun was shining, I guess.
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by Nobody: 4:19am On Jan 06, 2008
babs787:

Ok, let us take it one at a time. He will have to learn arabic first. I want you to know that every muslim must know arabic to be able to pray and through that he will be able to pray in another country where he does not understand their language. He doesnt need to understand every language or the language of that country he is going before he could join them in prayer but how can that be possible in christianity setting? Must a christian learn the language of the country he is going in order to be able to join them in prayer?

u're more confused than ever . . . so 6 billion people will have to learn arabic by force before they can pray to allah or even hope to read his quran?
Why then did allah bother creating all the languages? why not let everyone be able to speak just arabic to make life easier?
So the isoko man and the Chinese villager have to search for an arabic teacher before they can pray to allah?

Another question . . . what happens to the "prophets" like Moses, David, Solomon e.t.c whom allah claimed to have sent before mohammed? How did they pray to allah? None of them knew anything called arabic so why did allah reveal his initial revelations in Greek, hebrew, aramaic e.t.c?
Why did allah suddenly, as soon as mohammed came on the scene, command that arabic be the language of prayer and study of the quran?

What happens to Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael who spoke not a word of arabic? Did allah hear their prayers?
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by Nobody: 4:24am On Jan 06, 2008
grin grin The Burnt Beard of Prophet Muhammed
tongue and ALLAH
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by debosky(m): 4:28am On Jan 06, 2008
David you are wasting time with these advocates of a plagiarised, revisionist religion tailored to achieve arab cultural supremacy.

They had to steal Abraham and co from the bible and surgically modify and attach them to Mo' to give their stories some credence.

Adam built the Ka'aba my foot. going around a stupid stone every year as a sign of religious devotion eh? Idol worship Mo stylee grin grin
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by Nobody: 4:39am On Jan 06, 2008
debosky:

David you are wasting time with these advocates of a plagiarised, revisionist religion tailored to achieve arab cultural supremacy.

They had to steal Abraham and co from the bible and surgically modify and attach them to Mo' to give their stories some credence.

Adam built the Ka'aba my foot. going around a stupid stone every year as a sign of religious devotion eh? Idol worship Mo stylee grin grin

my brother . . . these incorrigible muslims no dey hear word. Its like there is a huge wall of darkness surrounding their heart that they cannot reason.
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by pilgrim1(f): 7:18am On Jan 06, 2008
@davidylan,

davidylan:

u're more confused than ever . . . so 6 billion people will have to learn arabic by force before they can pray to allah or even hope to read his quran?
Why then did allah bother creating all the languages? why not let everyone be able to speak just arabic to make life easier?
So the isoko man and the Chinese villager have to search for an arabic teacher before they can pray to allah?

The best prayer is 'Allahu akbar' (nwando's allahu arch-bar). Unless you can find a way of saying that in Isoko so that it rhymes and means exactly the same thing, I'm afraid the Isoko man will not be heard if he prays to Allah in another language - even if that language was given to him by the same 'Allah'.

Believe me, 'Allah' has made efrytin easy! grin

davidylan:

Another question . . . what happens to the "prophets" like Moses, David, Solomon e.t.c whom allah claimed to have sent before mohammed? How did they pray to allah? None of them knew anything called arabic so why did allah reveal his initial revelations in Greek, hebrew, aramaic e.t.c?
Why did allah suddenly, as soon as mohammed came on the scene, command that arabic be the language of prayer and study of the quran?

Indeed, David and the others did not speak a word of Arabic - not even close to Quraish! But wonder of wonders, even Muhammad admired his prayers so much (and 'Allah' didn't complain that it was not in Arabic!! grin). Sample them:

Sahih Muslim, Book 006, Num. 2588:
. . . so observe the fast of David, the Apostle of Allah
(peace be upon him), for he was the best worshipper of Allah. .
(notice that David is also called "the Apostle of 'Allah")

Sahih Muslim, Book 006, Num. 2595:
'Abdullah b. 'Amr (Allah be pleased with both of them) reported
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:
With Allah the best fasting is that of David and
the best prayer is that of David (peace be upon him)

Sahih Muslim, Book 006, Num. 2596:
. .and the best prayer in the eye of Allah, the Exalted and Majestic,
is that of David (peace be upon him),

Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 2, Book 21, Num. 231:
Narrated Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As: Allah's Apostle told me,
"The most beloved prayer to Allah is that of David
and the most beloved fasts to Allah are those of David

Okay, now we must ask: this "best" and "most beloved" prayer of David - did he pray them in Arabic or Quraish? Did David even speak a word of Arabic before 'Allah' considered his prayer the BEST and MOST BELOVED? grin

davidylan:

What happens to Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael who spoke not a word of arabic? Did allah hear their prayers?

Did you not hear that 'Allah' has made efrytin easy for Muslims - even though they just bow down without thinking? grin
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 06, 2008
Pls see Pilgrim.1's post on David's fast . . . my earlier post here was wrong. Thanks
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by olabowale(m): 1:01pm On Jan 06, 2008
@Davidylan: The only thing that you have in the Bible/Christianity is the feel good doctrine, ain't? How can Prophet King David fasting be mentioned, in it? Afterall, you may be required to observe it! It is the same David that you call an adulterer and killer of innocent persons, that you shamelessly attach your god human lineage to! See how convolutely repulsive your acceptance of that concept is? A person who thinks will definitely rejects a religion of a god that curses an innocent little child on one hand, then say that another god form walked the street of a city, how ever noble the city may be and thatstreet walking god, was seized by an angry mob and slaughtered, senselessly. And all of a sudden take that dead man, (if only that his death was just part of a 72 hour period, even though they said the had predicted a full 72 hours!) as god, and or son of god, with a 1/3 raised to power god!
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by olabowale(m): 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2008
@By the way, I posed the John 1 verse 21 to a Pastor. Its about a whole week now, he is still checking all the Biblical material resources. And he has not come up with an answer yet! And I already told him that after his answer of the three distinct prophets being expected, then I pose the same question to him as it was later posed to Jesus son of Virgin Mary. I want to nail him to the cross, because he will have two sets of diffrent answers, Jesus answers will be different from John Zachariah's. Then he will not be able to explain the 'are you the prophet part!' Fortunately for me, when he was reading from his own Bible it reads ' prophets (plural)!' I just laughed, because he has already dug his own latrine, thanks to his own Bible!
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by pilgrim1(f): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2008
@olabowale,

What is chasing you that these days you seem to be quarreling with yourself and rubbishing your own Qur'an and Muhammad's Sunnah with such brigand and senseless arguments? grin I hope nothing O. . . abi your anti-depressants have expired (after losing your nose-ring).

Anyhow, let me show you one more of those cowardly hide-and-seek bloviates in your recent submission:

olabowale:

The only thing that you have in the Bible/Christianity is the feel good doctrine, ain't?

The Bible is not about a "feel good" doctrine. It shows man the true state of his heart and the remedy of God's love offered in His Son Jesus Christ to bring everlasting righteousness and victory over sin, Satan and hell.

That is why you will not find any believer in the Bible expecting the prospect of a hatman decree from 'Allah', inspite of the fact that the 'Allah' of Islam delights in filling Hell with mankind and jinns.

That is why you will not find any Biblical prophet praying to be delivered from a personal devil, as one of Muhammad's nightly prayers was: "O Allah! forgive me my sin, drive away my devil" (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 41, Num. 5036). No Biblical prophet ever had a personal devil ("my devil"wink; and the Bible shows that God would not have a prophet who went about with such an idea!

That is why again you will not find God condoning indiscriminate sexual immorality or lewdness in the Bible, such as Muhammad was boasted among his companions and wives to have had the sexual strength of 30 men! Aside the FACT that Muhammad justified his sexual lust with pretended "revelations" from 'Allah', you will not find such a thing among the Biblical prophets seeking to justify sexual lusts with any revelation from God!

You are set in your ways to often deride Christianity and the Bible. Rather than follow the same pattern, I'd rather present the hard facts from the Qur'an and Hadiths so that you will see that our convictions and persuasions are not based on the irreverent propaganda of Muslims such as you are!

olabowale:

How can Prophet King David fasting be mentioned, in it? Afterall, you may be required to observe it!

Indeed, David's fasting IS mentioned in the Bible in several verses, as davidylan has hinted earlier. A few of those verses:

(#1) 2 Samuel 1:11-12
(David and all those with him fasted for Saul and Jonathan)
Then David took hold on his clothes, and rent them; and likewise
all the men that were with him: And they mourned, and wept,
and fasted until even, for Saul, and for Jonathan his son, and for
the people of the LORD, and for the house of Israel; because
they were fallen by the sword.

(#2) 2 Samuel 12:16
(David fasted for the child he had through Bathshebah)
David therefore besought God for the child;
and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth.

(#3) Psalm 35:1 & 10
(David's fasting in the Psalm he wrote)
<A Psalm of David.> Plead my cause, O LORD, with them
that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.
. . But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth:
I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into
mine own bosom.

(#4) Psalm 69:1 & 10
(David's fasting in another one of his Psalms)
<To the chief Musician upon Shoshannim, A Psalm of David.>
Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul.
When I wept, and chastened my soul with fasting,
that was to my reproach.

(#5) Psalm 109:1 & 24
(David's fasting in yet another one of his Psalms)
<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.> Hold not thy peace,
O God of my praise; . . My knees are weak through fasting;
and my flesh faileth of fatness.

Dear olabowale, ignorance is NOT bliss. Instead of opening your mouth and spewing forth such gutter about what you don't know in the Bible, why don't you open its beautiful pages and READ it?!? The Book doesn't bite; and even though you are so scared of Paul, and so confused of your malady about what "version" to read (as if there are no DIFFERENT "versions" of the Qur'an saying DIFFERENT things), why don't you lay down your prejudice and read the Bible for yourself so you have the FACTS instead of speaking from vanishing smoke in the air?

olabowale:

It is the same David that you call an adulterer and killer of innocent persons, that you shamelessly attach your god human lineage to!

Even Muhammad did NOT deny that FACT! You may be upset and say all kinds of shameful things against David; but as I have shown earlier, MUHAMMAD himself said that the same David (whom you conveniently termed "an adulterer and killer of innocent persons"wink is the BEST WORSHIPPER of 'Allah'!!!

It therefore pays to acknowledge the "best" - and yes, since Muhammad could acknowledge that David was the BEST WORSHIPPER in the eyes of 'Allah', why should we be ashamed to recognize that Jesus traces his lineage to the same "best worshipper" of God? grin

My dear olabowale, you are too busy embarrassing yourself and thereby weakening your defences for 'Allah' and his slave, Muhammad. The vexations you have been posting in recent times only further dent the credence of Islam, for it is not a virtue to be known for 'lying for Allah'.

Shalom.
Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by pilgrim1(f): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@By the way, I posed the John 1 verse 21 to a Pastor. Its about a whole week now, he is still checking all the Biblical material resources. And he has not come up with an answer yet!

This is what John 1 verse 21 says:

John 1:21
And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias?
And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet?
And he answered, No.

This verse was not in reference to Jesus Christ, but rather a record of the event when "the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?" (John 1:19). Nobody has tried to compare John the Baptist with Moses, because everyone knows that the prophecy in Deuteronomy was not referring to him. So how come you are the only one confused about John 1:21? grin Perhaps the pastor to whom you had posed that question simply did not answer you to allow you time enough to keep fooling yourself on your worries on that verse.

The Deuteronomy 18 prophecy that Muslim propagandists have tried to pirate for Muhammad has been thorough bleached - you Muslims on this Forum know that so well; and that is why you are having sleepless night over it. The reason you are so bitter on this issue is because you know that the truth is squarely staring you in the face, and since Muhammad in not the prophet in Deuteronomy, it proves the Qur'an is a huge FRAUD pretended as a "revelation" from 'Allah'.

olabowale:

And I already told him that after his answer of the three distinct prophets being expected, then I pose the same question to him as it was later posed to Jesus son of Virgin Mary. I want to nail him to the cross, because he will have two sets of diffrent answers, Jesus answers will be different from John Zachariah's. Then he will not be able to explain the 'are you the prophet part!'

Wishful thinking! grin If you already sound confused yourself and mixing up Biblical verses the way Muhammad mixed them up in the Qur'an, it is no wonder that you're hoping to nail your so-called pastor!

olabowale:

Fortunately for me, when he was reading from his own Bible it reads ' prophets (plural)!' I just laughed, because he has already dug his own latrine, thanks to his own Bible!

This is how you make bloviated boasts that amount to nothing. grin

The John 1:21 verse that you are referring to does not read "prophet[b]s[/b]" in plural! Please go and read the verse again for your own conscience's sake!

The only verse in the entire first chapter of the Gospel of John that has the word "prophet[b]s[/b]" in plural is John 1 v 45 (and not verse 21!!) --

John 1:45
Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him,
We have found him, of whom Moses in the law,
and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth,
the son of Joseph.

Olabowale, please pack your shakara one corner! grin What verse in John chapter 1 did you see the word "prophet[b]s[/b]" in plural?!? Make you take style dey blow hot lies for public O. . . one day your mendacity will catch up with you in the very wrong place - if you don't repent before it is too late!

1 Like

Re: What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 06, 2008
@ pilgrim.1, thanks for enumerating those verses of David's fast . . . i just never associated him with fastings as such.
I shld correct my post to indicate that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Read Apostle Michael Orokpo Biography And His New Ministry: Jesus Encounters Min / Ifa Philosophy / Bible Study For Bible Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.