Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Joomla And Wordpress Assistance - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Joomla And Wordpress Assistance (1201 Views)

My Joomla Menu Links Are Not Working / Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? / Does Interswitch Payment Gateway Work With Joomla? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla And Wordpress Assistance by Jayjuice(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
please i would like to learn joomla or wordpress as soon as possible,anyone with free materials or videos..abeg help a brother out!!
Re: Joomla And Wordpress Assistance by youngestpr(m): 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
I do not think you need free materials from anybody, you can just go to , they have a good tutorial structure that will get you going smiley
Re: Joomla And Wordpress Assistance by Jayjuice(m): 8:46am On Aug 31, 2012
thanks for ur response...which do u prefer using,i intend making a dictionary website.
Re: Joomla And Wordpress Assistance by youngestpr(m): 10:14pm On Aug 31, 2012
Wordpress and Joomla are content management system (CMS) i think u would need to learn a programming language as well maybe php so that you can have a full grip of what you intend doing.
Re: Joomla And Wordpress Assistance by Jayjuice(m): 7:55am On Sep 02, 2012
actually i have this web catalogue/dictionary project im to design. Something similar to www.naijalingo.com so im still contemplating on the best cms to use..any suggestions??
Re: Joomla And Wordpress Assistance by mitey(m): 12:58am On Sep 06, 2012
You've already posted this question before https://www.nairaland.com/1033414/joomladrupal-wordpress-which-use

Why repeating the question? I'll attempt to answer your question below, but you should know we're not playing here.

Undoubtedly either Joomla or Wordpress can be used to create the type of website you are talking about, but not if you don't even know anything about it yet. These applications were not originally designed to do that, so you will find yourself changing code more and more with the complexity of your project.

If you want to create a website like naijalingo.com, you have to be good in a programming language like ASP.net or PHP in addition to the basic HTML, CSS and Javascript. Also you will need a very sound database designer/administrator to design, optimize and maintain the database as it grows in size.

So IMHO can you use Joomla? No. Wordpress? No. But you can still try though. If you insist on trying, go for Joomla because it is more suitable for complex websites. But learn it by creating other websites first to understand how it works and how to customize it to your needs.

Otherwise, you can give the job to programmers and focus on how you can monetize the finished product.

But, I hope you have the cash sha, because, the good NL programmers are expensive. To have an idea what such a web app will cost, start a new topic on it.
Re: Joomla And Wordpress Assistance by mkakan(m): 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
You can watch free wordpress videos at http://www.nairacow.com/basic/free-wordpress-videos/

(1) (Reply)

Best Nigerian Cities For Starting A Tech Start-up / 8 Tips To Make Life Smoother For Programmers / Video Tutorials On SQL, For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.