Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam (71953 Views)

Peace Corps Of Nigeria Recruitment Form: Another Employment Scam? / Elites Community Initiative (corps) Of Nigeria (ECI) / Peace Corps Of Nigeria What Is Your View About Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by Edalv: 6:01pm On Aug 30, 2012
House please I bought a form for recruitment into Peace Corps of Nigeria for my sister for N1,500. Now she's been asked to bring N40,000 for uniform etc. I am beginning to think its scam. Please are they for real. I was told by next month it will be taken over by Federal Government and they will start paying them. Don't want to fall victim to dupes

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by unikazzy(m): 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
scammmmmmmm
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by bisi16(m): 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
Pure, undiluted SCAM..
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by ochyks: 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2012
I want to get the form bt dont know where to obtain it, can u pls send me the address of the office. The #40,000 for the uniform is scaring me away. Pls someone help out.
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by juliet406(f): 6:50am On Sep 01, 2012
Peace corps is an NGO..a non governmental organisation.dey are just using d excuse dat dey will soon be upgraded into a federal govt. Agency,it can neva will.
My cousin bought their form last year for 2000N,was asked to pay 40,000 for camp money.she did all dat.it was in camp dat she met an old member dat told dem All about d organization.dat peace corp owner is only using it for his own gains.dat she have being a member of peace corps for close to 6years now and dat d org. Is nt evn near to being upgraded into a fed. Govt. Agency.
Evn after collecting d 40,000N my cousin was told to still pay anoda 3000N for member fee.she was told dat as far as she is a member she will be paying d money quarterly.d painful part in it all is dat after their camp(3months ago) dey were posted to lg.d said lg have nt evn paid dem anytin,nt evn a dime!!
Pls anybody dat intend to join dat org. Should nt do so.its a complete SCAM!!!am an eye witness

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by ifyalways(f): 7:59am On Sep 01, 2012
I don't just understand why our people act dumb and are so gullible?

How can anyone pay 40K for some camp or uniform for a job

How? How?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2012
@ifyalways; so I thot too cos I applied. Ow can a job seeker pay dat sum for just camp reg & kits? Yes, @juliet's part of being an FG agency by nxt mnth 2 was ryt but it might b true too cos civil defence corps was once lyk dis b4 it bcame an institution in ngr wch has bcom so hard 2 get recruitd nw...afta deliberatns & counsels, my resolution is dat I'l w8 til OCT1, if thr'l b a +/- response frm FG.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by ollysmith: 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2013
Peace corps of Nigeria is an NGO with an affiliate with UN, yes it is true that you pay N40k for your training because it is an NGO, and in terms of posting, we have started posting our officers and they are being paid except for those who are yet to be posted. come to think of it to get into civil defence which government approved you still close to N500K to middle men without receipt yet u gladly pay. our commandant is in US for a deliberation with UN, and this is the outcome i quote " Congratulations!!!! 2 all d PCN staff nd officers nationwide,d United Nations has just granted d PCN special consultative status,2 God alone b all d Glory!!!!! it is a choice if you want to join or not but dont come on this platform to say what you have not verified. my number 0807846211 for further details.

2 Likes

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by highvee: 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
@ollysmith: dat ur number is not correct o, is jst 10digits. undecided

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
Peace Corp is a scam so Ollyshit or what u call urself go and sit down.
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by businessmind: 7:21pm On Apr 27, 2013
@Ollysmith, to where and where did you post your officers? What is their job? who is paying them and how much?? Who is their employer? This peace corps things smells like a BIG RAT exploiying the weakness of nigerian system to fleece undiscerning unemployed youths. Peace corps is nothing more than Boys scout, girls guide or boys brigade or nan-o-war....they are all registered NGOs except that peace corps is deceiving people with the hope of giving them a fed govt job. Even the phone number posted here by their agent is a fraud!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by efedavies: 11:23pm On Apr 27, 2013
@ollysmith kindly send ur phone number again

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by pistol: 8:32am On Apr 28, 2013
Undiluted scam,came to owerri three weeks ago and scammed people of their 3500k and went away scot free.
Na only God go punish una.
What pisses me the most is the sheer audacity and without any fear on their part in carrying out the scam.
I weep for our weak institutions that are supposed to checkmate this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by Thonycrown: 10:28am On Jul 03, 2015
Ds people hav started again oo??
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by T1234: 1:03am On Jul 21, 2015
At ollysmith ........ May God punish your generations. U could not even complete your fone no and you want me to believe this your silly scam. Recruitment
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by harrywakil(m): 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
Peace corp is 4 real ,is just like civil deffence of those days befor they were approve by FG we all should pray that it come to pass

2 Likes

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 8:31am On Sep 09, 2015
harrywakil:
Peace corp is 4 real ,is just like civil deffence of those days befor they were approve by FG we all should pray that it come to pass
Are u a member already??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by aftergod(m): 4:48am On Oct 21, 2015
I am also an agent of the peace corp from lagos ,alimosho local govt mosun Guy call me on 08144377400 and I will tell u all u need to kw,pls don't say what u do not no

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by aftergod(m): 4:52am On Oct 21, 2015
Peace corps of Nigeria is an NGO with an affiliate with UN, yes it is true that you pay N40k for your training because it is an NGO, and in terms of posting, we have started posting our officers and they are being paid except for those who are yet to be posted. come to think of it to get into civil defence which government approved you still close to N500K to middle men without receipt yet u gladly pay. our commandant is in US for a deliberation with UN, and this is the outcome i quote " Congratulations!!!! 2 all d PCN staff nd officers nationwide,d United Nations has just granted d PCN special consultative status,2 God alone b all d Glory!!!!! it is a choice if you want to join or not but dont come on this platform to say what you have not verified. my number 08144377400 for further details.
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by aftergod(m): 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
I just want to congratulate all members of the nigeria peace corp officer'for those that have their new form fifteen and new certificate and has equally fill ther form congratulation and see u on top
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by aftergod(m): 8:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
Minister Pledges Support For Nigerian Peace Corps Bill
By Chika Mefor
— Dec 12, 2015 4:59 am | Leave a comment
The minister of Youths and Sports, Barr Solomon Dalung had stated that the ministry will support in anyway it could the Nigerian Peace Corps(NPC) Bill, which is currently before the national assembly adding that such bill if passed into law could help create job opportunities to the nation’s teeming youths.

Dalung who was speaking during a courtesy visit by the members of the Peace Corps of Nigeria(PCN) to the ministry recently stated that it would also create a platform in training future leaders of the country.

Dalung who urged the PCN to continue to sensitize the Nigerian youths in sustaining and maintaining peace wherever they are, also urged it to sensitive the youths on the importance of always de-emphasising the issue of materialism in their pursuit in life.

“I urge you to continue to sensitize the youths on the importance of peace and shun materialism. My understanding of the core value of the PCN is the de-emphasis on the issue of materialism in building the youths in leadership skills. Even with no means of sustenance, you have decided to serve your country.”

Speaking earlier, the National commandant of the PCN stated that since the inception of the Corps in 1998, it has succeeded in having over 98000 members well-structured network of branches in 34 States in the country, including the Federal Capital Territory.

“Our activities in schools and colleges of education are accorded recognition by the Federal ministry of Education which also granted approval for the posting of our officers to serve in Federal Colleges of Education, nationwide. In view of our value -driven programmes, the National Emergency Management Agency granted approval to us as collaborative partners in Disaster Management and Relief Services,” he said.

Giving clarification on the Nigerian Peace Corps(NPC) Bill, he stated that the bill currently before the national assembly will empower, develop and provide alternative employment for youths, facilitate peace, community service and aid in nation building. “The bill has scaled through its second reading in the House of Representatives and the first reading in the Senate. As provided for, the bill when enacted, the NPC is expected to be an agency under the ministry of youths. The organisation will be capable of providing over 800,000 job opportunities,” he said.

He called on the federal government to resuscitate the annual subvention being granted to the federal government recognised Voluntary Youth Organisation(VYOs) adding that many of the VYOs has gone into extinction due to the prevailing bad economy.

Later on, the group confer on the minister the honorary appointment of the National Patron of the Corps.
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by aftergod(m): 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2016
aftergod:
By Chika Mefor
The minister of Youths and Sports, Barr Solomon Dalung had stated that the ministry will support in anyway it could the Nigerian Peace Corps(NPC) Bill, which is currently before the national assembly adding that such bill if passed into law could help create job opportunities to the nation’s teeming youths.

Dalung who was speaking during a courtesy visit by the members of the Peace Corps of Nigeria(PCN) to the ministry recently stated that it would also create a platform in training future leaders of the country.

Dalung who urged the PCN to continue to sensitize the Nigerian youths in sustaining and maintaining peace wherever they are, also urged it to sensitive the youths on the importance of always de-emphasising the issue of materialism in their pursuit in life.

“I urge you to continue to sensitize the youths on the importance of peace and shun materialism. My understanding of the core value of the PCN is the de-emphasis on the issue of materialism in building the youths in leadership skills. Even with no means of sustenance, you have decided to serve your country.”

Speaking earlier, the National commandant of the PCN stated that since the inception of the Corps in 1998, it has succeeded in having over 98000 members well-structured network of branches in 34 States in the country, including the Federal Capital Territory.

“Our activities in schools and colleges of education are accorded recognition by the Federal ministry of Education which also granted approval for the posting of our officers to serve in Federal Colleges of Education, nationwide. In view of our value -driven programmes, the National Emergency Management Agency granted approval to us as collaborative partners in Disaster Management and Relief Services,” he said.

Giving clarification on the Nigerian Peace Corps(NPC) Bill, he stated that the bill currently before the national assembly will empower, develop and provide alternative employment for youths, facilitate peace, community service and aid in nation building. “The bill has scaled through its second reading in the House of Representatives and the first reading in the Senate. As provided for, the bill when enacted, the NPC is expected to be an agency under the ministry of youths. The organisation will be capable of providing over 800,000 job opportunities,” he said.

He called on the federal government to resuscitate the annual subvention being granted to the federal government recognised Voluntary Youth Organisation(VYOs) adding that many of the VYOs has gone into extinction due to the prevailing bad economy.

Later on, the group confer on the minister the honorary appointment of the National Patron of the Corps.

wsletter
Contact Us
News Senate President Bukola Saraki inaugurates Adhoc Committee on the Review of the 1999 Constitution  § Senate to commence deliberation on the 2016 Appropriation Bill from Tuesday 19th January, 2016  § Deputy Senate President, Sen. Ike Ekweremadu is Chairman of Senate Adhoc Committee on the Review of the 1999 Constitution  § Senate condoles with families who have lost their relations to the outbreak of Lassa fever § Senate held close door session over the 2016 Appropriation Bill  § Speaker of the House of Representatives ,Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara calls for an amendment of section 89(1) and section 82 of the 1999 Constitution to expedite the budget process  § A Bill for an Act to Amend the National Agricultural Land Development Authority, Cap N4, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 and for Other Matters Connected therewith and A Bill for An Act to Amend the Currency  § Conversion (Freezing Orders) Act, Cap P36, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 to give Discretionary powers to the Judge of a High Court to order Forfeiture of Assets of Affected Persons; and for other Matters Connected Therewith passes second reading in the House §
Share Facebook Twitter Email Blogger Post
SENATE BILLS CHARTS

Search (Input the bill title) Sort Bills
TitleSponsor(s)1st ReadingDebate on General Principles / 2nd ReadingCommittee(s) & Date ReferralDate Reported out of Committee / Report Stage3rd Reading & Passage
SB: 15 Electronic Transaction Bill, 2015Sen. Hope Uzodinma11/08/2015
SB: 14 Forestry Research Institute of Nigeria (Est, etc.) Bill, 2015Sen. Uche Ekwunife11/08/2015
SB: 10 National Centre for Cancer Research and Treatment Bill, 2015Sen. Mao Ohuabunwa11/08/2015
SB: 7 Chartered Institute of Entrepreneurs (Est, etc.) Bill, 2015Sen. Gobir Ibrahim11/08/2015
SB: 33 Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation Act (Amendment) Bill, 2015Sen. Babajide Omoworare11/08/2015
SB: 137 Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Bill, 2015Sen. Nneji Athan Achonu08/12/2015
SB: 99 Lobbying Disclosure Act (Amendment) Bill, 2015Sen. Dino Melaye08/12/2015
SB: 96 Ecclesiastical Court (Est, etc.) Bill, 2015Sen. Dino Melaye08/12/2015
SB: 83 National Alternative Energy Commission (Est, etc.) Bill, 2015Sen. Ben Murray Bruce08/12/2015
SB: 78 Deoxyribonucieic Acid (DNA) Bill, 2015Sen. Theodore A. Orji08/12/2015
SB: 194 Chartered Institute of Facilities Management of Nigeria Bill, 2015Sen. Baba Kaka Bashir Garbai03/12/2015
SB: 193 Unemployed Youths, Elderly and Indigent Sustainability Allowances Trust Fund Bill, 2015Sen. Ali Ndume03/12/2015
SB: 128 Sickle Cell Anemia (Prevention, Control and Management) Bill, 2015Sen. Sam Egwu03/12/2015
SB: 80 Ward Security Watches Nationwide (Est, etc.) Bill, 2015Sen. Ben Murray Bruce03/12/2015
SB: 147 National Youth Service Corps (Amendment) Bill, 2015Sen. Stella Oduah24/11/2015
SB: 143 Frivolous Petitions (Prohibition, etc) Bill, 2015Sen: Bala Ibn24/11/201502/12/2015Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters
SB: 163 North East Development Commission (Est, etc.) Bill, 2015Sen. Ali Ndume24/11/2015
SB: 163 North East Development Commission (Est, etc.) Bill, 2015Sen. Ali Ndume24/11/2015
SB: 173 Nigerian Peace Corps (Est, etc.) Bill, 2015Sen. Ali Ndume25/11/2015
SB: 146 Confirmation of Ministerial Nominees with assigned Portfolios Bill, 2015Sen. Suleiman Nazif25/11/2015
SB: 139 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (Alteration) Bill, 2015Sen. Nneji Athan Achonu25/11/2015
SB: 130 Constitution Alteration Bill, 2015Sen. Babajide Omoworare25/11/2015
SB: 129 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (Alteration) (Portfolio Designation) Bill, 2015Sen. T. A Orji25/11/2015
SB: 13 Nigeria Institute of Management Act, 2003 (Amendment) Bill, 2015Sen. Mao Ohuabunwa18/11/2015
SB: 12 National Agricultural Land Development Authority Act, 2004 (Amendment) Bill, 2015Sen. Mao Ohuabunwa18/11/2015
SB: 11 Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology Act, 2004 (Repeal and Re-enactment) Bill, 2015Sen. Mao Ohuabunwa18/11/2015
SB: 09 Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, (Repeal & Re-enactment) Bill, 2015sen. Barnabas Gemade3/11/2015Committee on Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Institutions
SB: 59 FCT University of Science and Technology, Abaji (Est. etc.) Bill, 2015Sen. Philip Aduda10/11/2015
First 1 4 Next Last

HOMEPEV PORTALLAWS OF NIGERIADOWNLOADSSITUATION ROOMCONTACT US
© 2016 Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by chickygirl: 5:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
Gud news
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by Gkemz: 12:10am On Mar 14, 2016
aftergod:
By Chika Mefor

You still haven't answered the question someone asked since 3 yrs ago and i quote "to where and where did you post your officers? What is their job? who is paying them and how much ?? Who is their employer?" If the 40000 naira payment is justifiable, then NYSC corp members should be mandated to pay for their NYSC kit, feeding, maintenance and training fee. Mind you that the 40000 doesn't even cover feeding and maintenance expenses at the camp since candidates however are expected to provide for their basic need. And finally, why is the 40k not clearly specified in your website.

3 Likes

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by Bhugarious: 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2016
Pls what's the duration of the training?
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by yassjib: 10:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
Yea
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by nogames: 5:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pure scam
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by nogames: 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
aftergod:
By Chika Mefor

source please
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by queenprecy(f): 11:33pm On May 29, 2016
I heard abt it too, don't knw how authentic d news is
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by danielnewton(m): 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
One chance for those that have fell into.....shine your eyes...high level scam....
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by goonsmi: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
scam of the year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs / The Lady Who Searched For A Job With Placard Finally Gets A Job (Before & After) / A 7-Year-Old Girl Asked Google For A Job And Got A Reply From The CEO (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.