Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? (1786 Views)

What Has God Done For You? / Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans?? / God Made Him Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by TheOP1(m): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
Thoughts,opinions.
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by obowunmi(m): 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2012
Whose religion? What religion?

To those that believe in God, everyone has a different interpretation of him. No consensus.
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by UyiIredia(m): 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2012
It's not hard to defend religion if you are well read about the various religions of the world.

1 Like

Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by Niflheim(m): 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2012
@uyi-iredia,you can defend the story of the talking donkey?and a star moving in the sky and stopping above a house?....................RUBBISH!!!
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by MacDaddy01: 10:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
Niflheim: @uyi-iredia,you can defend the story of the talking donkey?and a star moving in the sky and stopping above a house?....................RUBBISH!!!

lol......I would like to see Uyi-Iredia explain the talking snake
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by TheOP1(m): 11:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
@ Mac how do I add a poll, finding it hardto locate.
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
looooooooool xtians are breaking down! grin
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 31, 2012
The OP: Thoughts,opinions.
Elaborate.What do you mean by the question?
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by vislabraye(m): 12:36am On Aug 31, 2012
Religion is the way of man to God.
Xtianity is not a religion. Going to church on Sunday is not what makes a person a "christian" (God did not call his followers christians). Its the lifestyle ie Godliness.
God won't defend what he didn't create.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by CrazyMan(m): 12:39am On Aug 31, 2012
Thoughts and opinions on what?

obowunmi: Whose religion? What religion?

To those that believe in God, everyone has a different interpretation of him. No consensus.
I believe the op's question has been answered. If he still needs views, then he should rephrase and be more specific.
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by MacDaddy01: 11:24am On Aug 31, 2012
The OP: @ Mac how do I add a poll, finding it hardto locate.

I have no idea. I have never done a poll
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by CrazyMan(m): 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2012
MacDaddy01:
I have no idea. I have never done a poll
The question wasn't directed at me, but permit me to reply you.

Here are the Steps

1. Start the topic I.e the subject and the content, then click on the submit button.

2. When the topic must have been created, scroll down and look for the "add poll" button, It's on the same line as "reply", and "unfollow" .

3. Now you've created your pool enjoy it cheesy.

[Size=7pt]I guess being an oldie on the forum, has its advantages[/size] smiley
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2012
vislabraye: Religion is the way of man to God.
Xtianity is not a religion. Going to church on Sunday is not what makes a person a "christian" (God did not call his followers christians). Its the lifestyle ie Godliness.
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by Nobody: 5:15am On Sep 01, 2012

Can you stop this fallacy please? Christianity is a religion. Going to a church may not necessarily make one a Christian, I agree, but one whose life is guided by Biblical principles (whether you disagree or not) is said to be a Christian. Isn't it surprising that the disciples in Antioch were not ashamed to be called Christians, yet Christians today seek to disassociate themselves from the label?

It points to a greater problem. There's something fundamentally wrong with a Book that has as many interpretations as there are verses.

on the other hand
If GOD didn't create religion, who did? Man?
if Man created religion, won't it be right to say religious gods are man's creations?
Without religion, would there be God?

1 Like

Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by tpia5: 6:27am On Sep 01, 2012
@uyi-iredia,you can defend the story of the talking donkey?and a star moving in the sky and stopping above a house?..................

somebody finds it difficult to believe a star can move in the sky?

amazing.
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by tpia5: 6:29am On Sep 01, 2012
@ topic

more like why has God made some people's gumption [or the lack of it] so thick.
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by MacDaddy01: 6:35am On Sep 01, 2012
tpia@:
@ topic

more like why has God made some people's gumption [or the lack of it] so thick.

lolololol.

Morelike why are people so foolish to believe fairytales?

Talking snake? lmao
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by TheOP1(m): 7:09am On Sep 01, 2012
People help me ooooo, i heard another one today!!!

Someone was preaching today ans he said "Eniti o ba rope ohun gbon kole wo alijanna , mumu to gbo to gba loma wo alijanna".

Meaning , any body that tries using his wisdom on religious matters will not make heaven, but a "mumu" i.e someone that can not think for himself, will make heaven, because he will just hear and obey without question anything.

I was likely exactly !!! Religious folks are brain dead when it comes to Religion they switch it on when it comes to other matters.
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by thehomer: 7:45am On Sep 01, 2012
It could be that he isn't there, he is incompetent or he is malicious.
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:15am On Sep 01, 2012
So... what's the point of the Christian religion, then?
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by UyiIredia(m): 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2012
Niflheim: @uyi-iredia,you can defend the story of the talking donkey?and a star moving in the sky and stopping above a house?....................RUBBISH!!!

If you can believe so-called apelike ancestors turning into men. And thed universe popping out of nothingness . . . with the help of nothing ! I sure can defend talking donkeys and 'moving stars'.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by MacDaddy01: 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

If you can believe so-called apelike ancestors turning into men. And thed universe popping out of nothingness . . . with the help of nothing ! I sure can defend talking donkeys and 'moving stars'.

This is how Uyi Iredia exposes ignorance

1) He was told to explain talking snakes/donkeys and he changed the topic to evolution and big bang. Straw man
2) "Apelike ancestors turning into men"....how idiotic because first, men are apelike and evolution has enough evidence.
3) "universe popping out of nothingness"....an idiotic summary of the big bang
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by Kay17: 1:56am On Sep 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

At least you have accepted that they are irrational.
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by tpia5: 5:17am On Sep 02, 2012
what exactly is irrational about a star moving in the sky?

somebody help me out here.
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by EvilBrain1(m): 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2012
tpia@:
what exactly is irrational about a star moving in the sky?

somebody help me out here.

Stars can't move about in the sky because they are billions and billions of miles away. Even if one was actually moving, it would be impossible to tell due to the great distances involved. Similarly, a moving "star" such as a comet or meteorite can't come to rest over a house. Even objects. closely orbiting the earth ( e.g. the moon and the International Space Station) don't show any visible parallax when you move along the ground.

If a flying object settled above a house, then it must have been moving at a very low altitude well within the earth's atmosphere. Therefore, what you are referring to is a UFO.

How do UFOs fit into the bible story?
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by UyiIredia(m): 6:49pm On Sep 02, 2012
Kay 17:

At least you have accepted that they are irrational.

What are you talking about ?
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by UyiIredia(m): 6:57pm On Sep 02, 2012
MacDaddy01:

This is how Uyi Iredia exposes ignorance

1) He was told to explain talking snakes/donkeys and he changed the topic to evolution and big bang. Straw man
2) "Apelike ancestors turning into men"....how idiotic because first, men are apelike and evolution has enough evidence.
3) "universe popping out of nothingness"....an idiotic summary of the big bang

The evidence for evolution is very porous and by the way I wasn't asked to explain talking donkeys & snakes. Read well before commenting will you ? Let's not forget that irrational belief of the universe popping out of nothing just like that. Pow ! and we have the universe via the Big Bang.
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by MacDaddy01: 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

The evidence for evolution is very porous and by the way I wasn't asked to explain talking donkeys & snakes. Read well before commenting will you ? Let's not forget that irrational belief of the universe popping out of nothing just like that. Pow ! and we have the universe via the Big Bang.

Define "nothing"
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by Callotti: 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2012
Which God?
What religion?
For who? wink

God does not make it hard to defend relition.
It was made by MAN.
Man made God! grin

The Catholics do not agree with the Mormons. . .for starters.
Islam is not worth talking about. Will not even try to understand it. kiss

All religions are 'MAN-MADE'. Leave 'God' out of it. All about 'mind-control'! cool
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by TheOP1(m): 5:34am On Sep 03, 2012
Mrs Calloti de Halloti dats what i have in mind .

If there is really a God and he actually wants us to worship him ,he should have designed a better system in which all human naturally recognize him even without being taught.

I am sure a good number atheist will readily convert if the existence of God can be proved beyond what is written in a book.

Also God should know better than to keep himself invisible without any physical prove or signature of his existence(am not refering to any of his creations as most religionist point to as prove) . As intelligent beings with high level of curiousity we tend to believe more in things we can see touch or experience first hand, thats not our fault, thats how we were created.
I dont blame the ancient men for worshipping the sun ,moon,cow ,tree, e.t.c as an explaination for the the unknown ,cos they prefer to hold on to something they can experience first hand, rather than an invisble being, like the Religionist talking and shouting at themselves in the name of prayer.
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by tpia5: 5:54am On Sep 03, 2012
Evil Brain:

Stars can't move about in the sky because they are billions and billions of miles away. Even if one was actually moving, it would be impossible to tell due to the great distances involved. Similarly, a moving "star" such as a comet or meteorite can't come to rest over a house. Even objects. closely orbiting the earth ( e.g. the moon and the International Space Station) don't show any visible parallax when you move along the ground.

If a flying object settled above a house, then it must have been moving at a very low altitude well within the earth's atmosphere. Therefore, what you are referring to is a UFO.

How do UFOs fit into the bible story?

you get ahead of yourself.

a moving star will typically pass through the earth's atmosphere until it burns up, and disappears.

are you saying it always disappears at sea?
Re: Why Has God Made It So Hard To Defend Religion? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:33am On Sep 03, 2012
God has nothing to do with religions being made unintelligible. That was the handiwork of man and man alone. And that was purposefully done to keep the believers confused and split apart amongst themselves to cause the chaos we see today in the religious communities worldwide. Divide and conquer, that sort of thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Types Of Atheists / Prophetic / If Adeboye Goes, Sultan Must Go – Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.