Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,836 members, 7,802,674 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? (4855 Views)

Floating-in-grace: What Happened For Your First Love / This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. / What's Love Got To Do With It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by MrAnony1(m): 7:02am On Aug 31, 2012
The following is oft cited as what Christianity is all about

The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Mark 12:30

What has Christ called us into?

I have often pondered over what standards God holds us to. Consider this: Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matt 5:48.
Jesus even demands of us that we not only love our neighbours but we love our enemies (Matt 5:44)

Jesus calls us to perfection. Only perfect people will make Heaven, God will not lower his standards, He will not tolerate any spot or blemish.

The question now is: How can anyone possibly make it into Heaven?
This is where grace comes in......God's grace is tied to His nature of Love (1Cor 13) It is because of God's grace i.e. God loving us His enemies that we have any hope of salvation and righteousness.

Consider these verses:

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)Eph 2:5

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners (God's enemies), Christ died for us Romans 5:8

If this is the nature of our Father, then let this be our nature also. Let us push aside all our selfishness and pride let us deny ourselves and truly Love.

Instead of praying for our enemies to die, let us pray with all our hearts that God should bless them and prosper them. Let God give them good success and most of all let God bring them into His Kingdom.
I say this also for Boko Haram, (yes I know it is hard, but the Master never promised us an easy road). Have we ever sat down to think for a minute, that Jesus also died for those guys? Remember apostle Paul was the Boko Haram of his day.

I believe that if we earnestly pray for these guys, that God will save them. . . . .and I know that this is the will of God, because the bible makes it clear to us that God wants everyone to come to repentance.

The same goes for all the people our world including and especially the ones we don't agree with. Let us love them to death!

3 Likes

Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Niflheim(m): 8:18am On Aug 31, 2012
it was tina turner who sang 'what's love got to do with it'.........................not grace jones!!!
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by MrAnony1(m): 8:42am On Aug 31, 2012
Niflheim: it was tina turner who sang 'what's love got to do with it'.........................not grace jones!!!
Wow! Have you had your vitamins yet?
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2012
Niflheim: it was tina turner who sang 'what's love got to do with it'.........................not grace jones!!!
LWKMH o
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by thehomer: 12:54pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr_Anony: The following is oft cited as what Christianity is all about

The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Mark 12:30

What has Christ called us into?

I have often pondered over what standards God holds us to. Consider this: Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matt 5:48.
Jesus even demands of us that we not only love our neighbours but we love our enemies (Matt 5:44)

Hmm. No wonder prosperity isn't limited to Christianity. They've been praying for everyone.

Mr_Anony:
Jesus calls us to perfection. Only perfect people will make Heaven, God will not lower his standards, He will not tolerate any spot or blemish.

The question now is: How can anyone possibly make it into Heaven?
This is where grace comes in......God's grace is tied to His nature of Love (1Cor 13) It is because of God's grace i.e. God loving us His enemies that we have any hope of salvation and righteousness.

Consider these verses:

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)Eph 2:5

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners (God's enemies), Christ died for us Romans 5:8

If this is the nature of our Father, then let this be our nature also. Let us push aside all our selfishness and pride let us deny ourselves and truly Love.

Instead of praying for our enemies to die, let us pray with all our hearts that God should bless them and prosper them. Let God give them good success and most of all let God bring them into His Kingdom.
I say this also for Boko Haram, (yes I know it is hard, but the Master never promised us an easy road). Have we ever sat down to think for a minute, that Jesus also died for those guys? Remember apostle Paul was the Boko Haram of his day.

I believe that if we earnestly pray for these guys, that God will save them. . . . .and I know that this is the will of God, because the bible makes it clear to us that God wants everyone to come to repentance.

The same goes for all the people our world including and especially the ones we don't agree with. Let us love them to death!

Does this mean that God loves humans unconditionally? Or is it that grace hops in at a certain point in time? Also, can someone lose this grace?
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by MrAnony1(m): 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2012
thehomer:

Hmm. No wonder prosperity isn't limited to Christianity. They've been praying for everyone.

Does this mean that God loves humans unconditionally? Or is it that grace hops in at a certain point in time? Also, can someone lose this grace?
Yes, God loves humans unconditionally. One cannot lose grace, however one can reject it.

1 Like

Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by rhymz(m): 1:12pm On Aug 31, 2012
And yet we are told by the Christian "God" that we are loved unconditionally yet he wont tolerate you the way you are in heaven. In fact, Jesus his "beloved son" had to get murded by these sinful humans to appease the christian "God's" anger. So much for his Unconditional Love and murderous grace.
Abeg make me hear word jare!

1 Like

Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by MrAnony1(m): 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2012
rhymz: And yet we are told by the Christian "God" that we are loved unconditionally yet he wont tolerate you the way you are in heaven. In fact, Jesus his "beloved son" had to get murded by these sinful humans to appease the christian "God's" anger. So much for his Unconditional Love and murderous grace.
You don't know what love is. . . .You are like a child who claims his father does not love him simply because the father won't let him play outside

1 Like

Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
My very dear brother, I love this so much. God bless you for it.

After I read it, I questioned some responses I made to some teachers here on nairaland. I've wondered about the spirit behind them (the responses, I mean). In fact, I wonder if it's not best to test that spirit here in public because of others who have been and will be affected by them.

However, you are perfectly right about your approach. I will probably make further comments about the post later.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by MrAnony1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ihedinobi: My very dear brother, I love this so much. God bless you for it.

After I read it, I questioned some responses I made to some teachers here on nairaland. I've wondered about the spirit behind them (the responses, I mean). In fact, I wonder if it's not best to test that spirit here in public because of others who have been and will be affected by them.

However, you are perfectly right about your approach. I will probably make further comments about the post later.
Mi bros, I dey look forward to your contributions as always
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by rhymz(m): 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
You don't know what love is. . . .You are like a child who claims his father does not love him simply because the father won't let him play outside
hahahahah. . . . Yeah right, I bet your father shows his love to you by asking you to submit yourself to be murdered by people that have wronged him just in order for him to appease his own anger. . Thug loving I guess. .lol. .what a way to show love.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by thehomer: 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Yes, God loves humans unconditionally. One cannot lose grace, however one can reject it.

Isn't your response inconsistent? I mean if one rejects this grace, does't the person lose it?
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 31, 2012
rhymz: hahahahah. . . . Yeah right, I bet your father shows his love to you by asking you to submit yourself to be murdered by people that have wronged him just in order for him to appease his own anger. . .

That's love!!!
Signed- Mr Anony (Dr. of Love from the School of Yahweh)

Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by MrAnony1(m): 4:16pm On Aug 31, 2012
thehomer:

Isn't your response inconsistent? I mean if one rejects this grace, does't the person lose it?
Well, I was trying to make a particular distinction but since you put it that way, I'll have to answer you a bit more strictly so as to give a better description. The nature of grace is not the nature of an object that can be lost.

Grace can be likened unto the freedom of a person in a cage with the cage door open. Freedom has been given but it is the person's choice to step out of the cage. If the person refuses to do so, but stays in the cage until he dies, then the person never lost his freedom, he only rejected it.

1 Like

Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by rhymz(m): 4:16pm On Aug 31, 2012
Martian:

That's love!!!
Signed- Mr Anony (Dr. of Love from the School of Yahweh)
the school of yahweh teaches inpracticable bullshit!

1 Like

Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by rhymz(m): 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Well, I was trying to make a particular distinction but since you put it that way, I'll have to answer you a bit more strictly so as to give a better description. The nature of grace is not the nature of an object that can be lost.

Grace can be likened unto the freedom of a person in a cage with the cage door open. Freedom has been given but it is the person's choice to step out of the cage. If the person refuses to do so, but stays in the cage until he dies, then the person never lost his freedom, he only rejected it.
Man's explanation for God's illogical actions. You love me, then put me in an open cage, as if that is not enough, I will have to agree to some terms if I want to work out of the open cage. I guess the open exit is a bait. See carrot and stick love. Yet he loves us unconditionally. .lol
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Perfect answer, my brother. So perfect!
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by MrAnony1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2012
rhymz: hahahahah. . . . Yeah right, I bet your father shows his love to you by asking you to submit yourself to be murdered by people that have wronged him just in order for him to appease his own anger. . Thug loving I guess. .lol. .what a way to show love.
Again, you have poor understanding of love.
If your brother offends your father, and you choose to bear the punishment for your brother, you have shown love. If your father punishes, he shows justice. If your brother rejects your sacrificial offer, then he must bear the punishment upon himself.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by MrAnony1(m): 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2012
rhymz: Man's explanation for God's illogical actions. You love me, then put me in an open cage, as if that is not enough, I will have to agree to some terms if I want to work out of the open cage. I guess the open exit is a bait. See carrot and stick love. Yet he loves us unconditionally. .lol
No, you walked into that cage yourself due to your own mistakes. He opened the cage so that you can escape. If you choose to stay in the cage then you are the one condemning yourself.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2012
rhymz: Man's explanation for God's illogical actions. You love me, then put me in an open cage, as if that is not enough, I will have to agree to some terms if I want to work out of the open cage. I guess the open exit is a bait. See carrot and stick love. Yet he loves us unconditionally. .lol

I said once that you are a waste of time. While I still feel it was quite a harsh thing to say, I'll reiterate it: Rhymz, you, sir, are a waste of time.

Why? Because your arguments start from untenable assumptions. On what do you base the assumption that God put you in a cage at all? How can anyone explain God's Grace to you successfully when you ascribe whimsicality to Him? Mehn, you're really something.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by k00lxpert(m): 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2012
may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, The love of God, & the fellowship of the Holy spirit, abide everyone, now & forever more, Amen.
NOTE: the grace & love are for everyone, indeed, everybody. but we need to accept Christ as our Lord & personal saviour. bliv me brethren, God has given Jesus Christ (the only son of the Most High God) the only opportunity that no one else has ever had, neither will anyone one hav that time of opportunity again, never. He said, ''all power in Heaven & on Earth has been given unto me(Jesus Christ), no one can come to the father, except through me(Jesus Christ). it is now left for anyone to bliv & accept the whole truth. because the holy book said, those who refused to bliv in Christ are condemned already...pls, i urge u brethren, accept Christ today, & enjoy ur life & live forever with God...peace
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by thehomer: 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:

I like clarity especially when it can be presented succinctly.

Mr_Anony:

In this analogy, what is the cage?
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by MrAnony1(m): 4:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
thehomer:

I like clarity especially when it can be presented succinctly.

In this analogy, what is the cage?
Sin
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by thehomer: 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Sin

Doesn't this then imply that Christians should never be in the cage and thus never sin?

Then I also wonder, is sin some sort of bondage or not? I ask because if one is in a cage and told that the door was open, then what was the point of putting the person in the cage if they could always get out?
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by rhymz(m): 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
No, you walked into that cage yourself due to your own mistakes. He opened the cage so that you can escape. If you choose to stay in the cage then you are the one condemning yourself.
How is being born with inherent sin similar to walking into a cage by one's own accord.
I thought according to the christian God, no matter how righteous one is, with out "Jesus Christ" you are a piece of annoying trash that needs to first recognize christ's alleged death by pretentiously believing in the fairy tale before you are considered worthy to be looked at. Your logic is in direct contradiction with the fairy tale teachings of your faith.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2012
rhymz: And yet we are told by the Christian "God" that we are loved unconditionally yet he wont tolerate you the way you are in heaven. In fact, Jesus his "beloved son" had to get murded by these sinful humans to appease the christian "God's" anger. So much for his Unconditional Love and murderous grace.

lol.

Do you want to go crowl with other people wives there?

You want God to accept you the way you are so that you go mess up the place the way you have mess up this system. Lol
Causing hatred envy and greed.

God have a standard of justice which state "soul for soul"
thats why someone has to fulfilled/meet that standard and Jesus meets the requirments

God is no human that changes standards any how.

However, this is where love/grace comes in for the benefit of man.

"not because we first love God but God love us first that is why he sent his only begotten son so that any that exercises faith in him may not parish but have everlasting life" the bible says.

the period we still leave in is still the Grace period.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by MrAnony1(m): 5:17pm On Aug 31, 2012
thehomer:

Doesn't this then imply that Christians should never be in the cage and thus never sin?

Then I also wonder, is sin some sort of bondage or not? I ask because if one is in a cage and told that the door was open, then what was the point of putting the person in the cage if they could always get out?
You miss the point.
A man sins, he walks into a trap and falls into bondage.
Christ comes and atones for sin with his life,
The price for sin has been paid, Sin must let go of it's prisoner.
The door of the cage is now open.
The choice is man's if he wants to leave or not.
As it was his choices that led him into the trap in the first place.
The Christian is simply the guy who has walked out of the door.
Preaching the gospel is simply the guy outside informing the guy inside that the gate is open and he too can be free.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 5:18pm On Aug 31, 2012
rhymz: hahahahah. . . . Yeah right, I bet your father shows his love to you by asking you to submit yourself to be murdered by people that have wronged him just in order for him to appease his own anger. . Thug loving I guess. .lol. .what a way to show love.

if you have a father like Bill Gates and he ask you to give out your current car for the benefit of others i wander what your response will be.

With a promise that he will buy you another car.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2012
thehomer:

is it by force?

It is optional.

You make your choice to accept it or not
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 5:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
rhymz: the school of yahweh teaches inpracticable bullshit!

half knowledge is Dangerous.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by MrAnony1(m): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2012
rhymz: How is being born with inherent sin similar to walking into a cage by one's own accord.
I thought according to the christian God, no matter how righteous one is, with out "Jesus Christ" you are a piece of annoying trash that needs to first recognize christ's alleged death by pretentiously believing in the fairy tale before you are considered worthy to be looked at. Your logic is in direct contradiction with the fairy tale teachings of your faith.
Actually, I hold that you will be judged for your own sins however let us even assume "original sin" i.e. you were born in the cage. It still doesn't mean that you should stay in it after you have been informed that the door is now open.
Re: GRACE: What's Love Got To Do With It? by truthislight: 5:42pm On Aug 31, 2012

half knowledge again.

It is not him that puts you in a cage but your irresponsible father(Adam) put you in the cage, under the tutulage of satan.

Dont you know when he disobey God and obeyed satan that he was sent out of the garden? = rejection by the one that have the power and the means of what it takes to take care of you.

Who gave Adam all he had at the first place?

What did satan gave to him to justify his trusting satan in place of God? Nothing.

Adam was just plane foolish that is why satan tricked him.

On the other hand Jesus was wise and reject the "bread"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Demon Eater: My Demonic Astral Adventure / How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question / Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.